Page 172 of 198 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2966
    BANNED

Batman being the damsel in distress once in awhile does nothing against his supposed machoness.

And nothing more needs to be said.

It's awesome that it appears Selina will be saving Bruce. More interaction and conflict between Catwoman and Joker is great. I'm interested in how the official coupledom of Catwoman and Batman will alter Joker's opinion of Catwoman. I mean, in some tellings Joker thinks Batman should only "love" and be concerned about him.

Considering their long history, Catwoman and Joker have had relatively few run-ins considering how iconic both are in Batman and comic history.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Batman being the damsel in distress once in awhile does nothing against his supposed machoness.

And nothing more needs to be said.
    ^^^ This.

10charac

BANNED

With Selina vs Joker happening in these June issues, and the villains being taken care of in the one-shots, maybe Batman#50 won't be so packed with incident like I thought it would...maybe it'll be a regular down-to-earth day

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It's awesome that it appears Selina will be saving Bruce. More interaction and conflict between Catwoman and Joker is great. I'm interested in how the official coupledom of Catwoman and Batman will alter Joker's opinion of Catwoman. I mean, in some tellings Joker thinks Batman should only "love" and be concerned about him.

Considering their long history, Catwoman and Joker have had relatively few run-ins considering how iconic both are in Batman and comic history.
    Being a Catwoman fan, my favorite Catwoman/Joker story was in the comic book Joker #9, where Catwoman basically made Joker her bitch. He was genuinely terrified of her. But then in general Catwoman doesn't tend to take
    any crap from Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Being a Catwoman fan, my favorite Catwoman/Joker story was in the comic book Joker #9, where Catwoman basically made Joker her bitch. He was genuinely terrified of her. But then in general Catwoman doesn't tend to take
    any crap from Joker.
    I never read the Joker series, but we need more of that. They've had some minor run-ins, but I'm ready for a Joker versus Selina storyline. It's always interesting when villains (well, I guess Selina is no longer a villain) create a relationship as well.

I've been working on a little Bat family and Joker "family" storyline that definitely switches up the partners you'd expect each character to interact together. In this story, it's gets pretty intense with Selina versus Joker in matching wits.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I never read the Joker series, but we need more of that. They've had some minor run-ins, but I'm ready for a Joker versus Selina storyline. It's always interesting when villains (well, I guess Selina is no longer a villain) create a relationship as well.
    I think I only have Joker #9, because Catwoman was in it. Before Catwoman got her own series in 1993 I had been trying to collect every comic book with Catwoman in it, going to all the comic books stores in driving distance,
    used books stores, any store that sold old comic books. That was one I found. Also have the two Lois Lane books with Catwoman in it. Now Catwoman is in so many books it is hard to keep up but I think I have most of them.

I've been working on a little Bat family and Joker "family" storyline that definitely switches up the partners you'd expect each character to interact together. In this story, it's gets pretty intense with Selina versus Joker in matching wits.
    Sounds fun. Let me know when it's ready.

Fantastic Member

They could avoid this controversy just write a catwoman vs joker without bruce being involved as the prize. But it does not have the interest a guess as humilating him again. The entire run except the romantic moments between bruce and selina has been about humilating bruce. That is a fact. The marriage is just a smokescreen to hide tom kings protrayal of batman by demeaning and destroying him.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    I knew it they were going to make look bruce weak and a loser. If you read the recent solit today were bruce is the damsel in distress against the joker. This made me mad even though I am catwoman fan I like batman too. I knew for this marriage tom king had to nueter bruce and make him weak if that is how their adventures is going to be then this marriage is bad for both of them. He could of decided selina would have been the damsel but because he sees his marriage in the characters he writes he is going to do this to bruce sure. Womans rights yeah!! remember this most batman fans do not care for catwoman now that he is truly being crapped on by tom king if he continues to write bruce like this the divorce will happen and they will never have batcat be romantically involved maybe for the next decade or more but if some bat only fans become comic writers themselves someday and see the worst characterization of bruce in decades even the 50's batman was treated better than what king is doing so far. It will be longer maybe 40 years or more and it is not hyperbole The little good will I had with the superfriends issue or even the annual is gone alot others will feel the same once they find out It could be longer than a decade it could be a permanent divorce. Also I read for this year the real horoscope of batman the day he was published they wrote the character will have his greatest crisis in his entire history of his existence well they were right and this is it. I would not like it either if bruce would have to save selina from joker she can take him and bruce definately can as well. I told you this would happen because they have identical skills they do not work in harmony out in the field. Both characters can exist without each other and have good books seperate because of tom king I want the divorce to be permanent now after what he done to bruce. Other writers reading it will make it so and it is easy because it would be believable for them to divorce. They can stay apart easily for example the lesbian crime boss version of selina it was well recieved and liked I hope they do that again no more bat cat ever again they both deserve better especially bruce batman fans are not used to having their guy being demeaned but once they know about it there will be a alot of issues not sold of batman in June once batman only fans find out about it.
    Batman hasn't been "neutered". I mean was he a loser all the other times in the comics where he has gotten hurt and somebody else helped saved him? Like Alfred? Or Dick Grayson? Or even Julia Pennyworth, Robin and Vicki Vale as a combo helping him?

I mean, if that's how you feel, then that's how you feel but I can't highly see HOW a dude is still looked upon as demeaned when he crashes through a window and lands in his Batmobile. All the while carrying somebody else in his hands.
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 03-22-2018 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Batman hasn't been "neutered". I mean was he a loser all the other times in the comics where he has gotten hurt and somebody else helped saved him? Like Alfred? Or Dick Grayson? Or even Julia Pennyworth, Robin and Vicki Vale as a combo helping him?

I mean, if that's how you feel, then that's how you feel but I highly see HOW a dude is still looked upon as demeaned when he crashes through a window and lands in his Batmobile. All the while carrying somebody else in his hands.
    I guess for some people he is Bat-god. Omnipotent and always in control. The Savior instead of the save-ee. Heaven forbid he be saved by someone almost his equal but female.

I think if anything, Batman and Catwoman enhance each other when they fight and she is one of the precious few that can fight completely in sync with him. Especially without any training from him or by him.

I mean when they are in the field, they fight extremely good together. They are in harmony and he doesn't overpower her or question her skills and she trusts his skills and follows his lead, if need be. That's one thing they NEVER had to worry about with each other; how well they fought alongside each other and how over time, when he needs her, she's there and he always has her back and come through for her. That's definitely harmony.

If anything, HUSH is one of the BEST examples of them working and fighting along side of each other. Batman might have had trust issues, but trusting Catwoman's fighting skills was definitely not one of them.

Ultimate Member

Just a question, have we seen Selina get all excited about getting married when she's by herself or with someone besides Bruce...to show that she's really happy about it...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Just a question, have we seen Selina get all excited about getting married when she's by herself or with someone besides Bruce...to show that she's really happy about it...
    Yes, she did with Holly. That's why she pleaded with Holly and she mentioned how she really wanted this.

I don't see Selina running around saying "I look pretty" while trying on wedding dresses. Maybe in the comics before the 90's they would have her doing that but I don't see that in 2018.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    They could avoid this controversy just write a catwoman vs joker without bruce being involved as the prize. But it does not have the interest a guess as humilating him again. The entire run except the romantic moments between bruce and selina has been about humilating bruce. That is a fact. The marriage is just a smokescreen to hide tom kings protrayal of batman by demeaning and destroying him.
    Examples of this supposed controversy aside from your own opinioned post and how they directly demeen the public perception.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Yes, she did with Holly. That's why she pleaded with Holly and she mentioned how she really wanted this.

I don't see Selina running around saying "I look pretty" while trying on wedding dresses. Maybe in the comics before the 90's they would have her doing that but I don't see that in 2018.
    Thanks, yeah I don't think that she'd do the "I look pretty" part either but just glad that she has been shown to be happy and excited about it, just hope that they have them get married and have some happy times...just think of the honeymoon, especially if he bring the handcuffs and she her whip...