Page 173 of 198 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2966
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Examples of this supposed controversy aside from your own opinioned post and how they directly demeen the public perception.
    Dude, just read Kings run. Batman has been getting the **** beat out of him the entire time. Instead of Batgod we now have Catgod because she's better at everything than everyone else. King has definitely been humiliating Bruce the entire run. Making him suicidal, Riddler's bitch, broken by Bane (again) although he did magically fix his own back with that one, it's just been bad. Now, it might be a great Catwoman run because she's the real hero in the "Batman" book but it's terrible for Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Dude, just read Kings run. Batman has been getting the **** beat out of him the entire time. Instead of Batgod we now have Catgod because she's better at everything than everyone else. King has definitely been humiliating Bruce the entire run. Making him suicidal, Riddler's bitch, broken by Bane (again) although he did magically fix his own back with that one, it's just been bad. Now, it might be a great Catwoman run because she's the real hero in the "Batman" book but it's terrible for Bruce.
    This is why I'm loving it. First Batman series I've ever read and only because Selina is co-staring.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    This is why I'm loving it. First Batman series I've ever read and only because Selina is co-staring.
    Yes, I am also enjoying the Batman comic books more now that Catwoman has become a co-star. Hearkens back to when Doug Moench was writing Batman back in the 1980s.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yes, I am also enjoying the Batman comic books more now that Catwoman has become a co-star. Hearkens back to when Doug Moench was writing Batman back in the 1980s.
    I am back to liking Batman comics more because Catwoman is back to being Batman's love interest.
    Right now, I like Batman comics better than Spider-Man comics.
    It would take making Mary Jane back to being Spider-Man's love interest before I go back to liking Spider-Man comics more than Batman comics.

I always liked the Bat/Cat relationship.
    No writer could make me hate their relationship.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Solicit for Volume 8 of the trades..the aftermath of the wedding

BATMAN VOL. 8: COLD DAYS TPB
    Author Tom King pens the next epic volume of his critically acclaimed, best-selling Batman series in Batman Vol. 8!
    In the aftermath of the wedding of Batman and Catwoman, the Dark Knight's life has changed completely. Having walked down the aisle, how will this new Bruce Wayne view himself? What is to become of Batman now?
    Don't miss out on the newest installment of this best-selling, critically acclaimed graphic novel series written by breakout star Tom King, and featuring art by Mikel Janín!
    Collects #51-56
    https://www.newsarama.com/39312-batm...ch-report.html

Cold Days=Mr. Freeze...or Cold Feet. Or both.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-03-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Solicit for Volume 8 of the trades..the aftermath of the wedding

https://www.newsarama.com/39312-batm...ch-report.html

Cold Days=Mr. Freeze...or Cold Feet. Or both.
    King said he had a court room drama arc coming up! And their was a picture of Mr Freeze in a court on twitter. So i think the arc is centered around that.

Cold feet...lets hope not. Right after the wedding is slightly early lol!

BANNED

I agree to your saying as well. Cat is actually a major character in this Batman series not just randomly popping up to do some flirting with Bat. I am happy the relationship has finally taken major progress after 80 years

I believe it's the same reason why those who are complaining are. It's a great Catwoman run the problem is some of us want a Great Batman Run. We were expecting to get that in the main BATMAN title.

There was a Catwoman series. The last one was selling in 17k so ahhhhh....

Well 55 or so issues to go.
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-03-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I believe it's the same reason why those who are complaining are. It's a great Catwoman run the problem is some of us want a Great Batman Run. We were expecting to get that in the main BATMAN title.

Well it was a New 52 series and sort of terrible.

Well 55 or so issues to go.
    Yeah but remember, there was a time where the Catwoman run had really good sales. The N52 Catwoman run was not a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Well it was a New 52 series and sort of terrible.
    I'll give you the tribble but the other new 52 batuniverse series managed to sell. like RSOB was in the 30k's, Grayson was in the 30k's, Batgirl was in the 30ks RHATO was in the low 20k's and Batman Beyond was just a few thousand more.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Look, we get that you are really not a fan of King's run. But the Catwoman character has ALWAYS been a character that was kick-ass and a better fighter than more than half of the DCU. And that's the trust and there are plenty of decades worth of books and stories to back that up. Whether it was in her own run OR Batman's run or even as a guest star in somebody else's story.

King isn't making her "Catgod". He is trying to get her back to what she really used to be.

And prior to Morrison kind of changing him into the "Batgod; Batman used to make mistakes, grieve, get defeated by villains, got his back broke, get outsmarted by villains, shown sadness and have human emotions and moments ALL THE TIME. And there were years where he was a stone.

I'll give you the tribble but the other new 52 batuniverse series managed to sell. like RSOB was in the 30k's, Grayson was in the 30k's, Batgirl was in the 30ks RHATO was in the low 20k's and Batman Beyond was just a few thousand more.
    Yeah but that proves our point. The Catwoman series wasn't to the fans liking so they dropped the book. I mean there was a time when Catwoman was a high selling title.

And Batgirl is not selling like that now. Definitely not Batman Beyond. Things change.

And we are talking about Catwoman. Her place in pop cuture and Comic Pop Culture is Iconic.

And Grayson was King and Seeley.

Supergirl did so poorly it didn't even reach 52. Supergirl New 52 got cancelled at #40. Same reason. Sort of terrible. Perhaps those other books were better written.

Read the Golden Age comics and the 80's comics and some comics 2000-2004, she was almost like a co-star there in the Batman series. Catwoman used to be a mainstay in Tec for decades right up until about 2010.