Page 176 of 198 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2966

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    And if you would bother to take the time to think about this...like, at all...you would realize that Catwoman's comics have historically pulled very good numbers for a character that:

1. isn't a superhero
    2. is not kid-friendly (and by that I mean "mature" by multiple definitions)
    3. occupies an atypical place in their mythos
    4. gets little to no advert push from DC
    5. very sparingly gets talented/popular creators
    6. is poorly edited

Perhaps you should put in even the tiniest bit of effort to contextualize these things instead of coming onto this board acting all incredulous. You're not playing "devil's advocate", you're just broadcasting your ignorance in an effort to make others do the work to inform you.

The love for the character is clear as day, as is her popularity and permeation through not only the world of comics but popular culture as a whole. If DC wanted to make a Catwoman book work, it would be astoundingly simple, especially in today's climate.
    Yes got someone else to do the work and from the figures provided seems I was right. Her last 2 series did sell in the 16k -17k region. 2001 was the last time she stabilised at a decent number.

Mighty Member

As a BatCat relationship fan, I prefer Catwoman being a supporting character in Batman comics over her having her solo comic book series which usually has very little BatCat interaction.

Heck...in the last Catwoman comic series, Selina is made out to be bisexual and has a female lover.

I hope that she will go back to having long hair and a purple costume in the future.

also...I don't like how she was written with a sex-worker past which I think is totally unnecessary
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Cover to DC Nation#2

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    As a BatCat relationship fan, I prefer Catwoman being a supporting character in Batman comics over her having her solo comic book series which usually has very little BatCat interaction.

Heck...in the last Catwoman comic series, Selina is made out to be bisexual and has a female lover.

I hope that she will go back to having long hair and a purple costume in the future.

also...I don't like how she was written with a sex-worker past which I think is totally unnecessary
    Sounds like you are a fan of Pre-Crisis Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Just wondering if Selina is a significant enough character in The Long Halloween to read it. I've read the other stories you mentioned here.
    Yes, I highly recommend the story. I mean, I recommend the story just on Loeb alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    So 2001 was the last time she had good numbers since 1st issue's don't reflect the actual stabilised sales figures
    So what is really your point? So what Catwoman lost some sales numbers. A lot of books over the years lost sales numbers.

It still doesn't take away from her being one of the most popular characters in comic book history, comics history and Pop Culture.

If you're not impressed with the character, then you're not impressed with the character. We get it

BANNED

Yes got someone else to do the work and from the figures provided seems I was right. Her last 2 series did sell in the 16k -17k region. 2001 was the last time she stabilised at a decent number.
    Once again, you provide nothing but a vapid and empty "argument". Even during her worst times she usually managed around 25k plus. "16-17k" is an outlier. That is a lot for a female-led book that is written for mature readers. Wonder Woman is the single most iconic female character in comics, one of the most popular women in all fiction, yet most of the time her comics struggle to sell in the 30k range, at times dipping below that. That's just what happens when women are an underrepresented demographic in the medium.

What's more important is the fact that she's had some of the best comic runs of the past two decades. And that's just something you can't handwave by whining about sales figures.

Either you are unable to view situations with the necessary context, or you are just unwilling. Either way this is a complete waste of time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Sounds like you are a fan of Pre-Crisis Catwoman.
    I do like some of the Pre-Crisis stuff.
    I do like some of the 90s Catwoman stuff too.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

So 2001 was the last time she had good numbers since 1st issue's don't reflect the actual stabilised sales figures
    So lets say by the 5th issue things to shaken out and it's people buying the books to read instead of the speculators.

The fifth issue of the second Catwoman series sold 35,017 copies.

The fifth issue of New 52 Catwoman sold 39,631 copies.

So there was still joy in reading the books and people hadn't yet soured on them for what-ever reason.

You are missing the point. Catwoman was popular enough to sell well initially. It was only after the books didn't meet expectation that the numbers dropped that low later in the runs.
    People didn't all of a sudden stop liking Catwoman or all of a sudden didn't realize she existed. People stopped liking the books she was in.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 04-06-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What are we talking about? Are we talking about whether Catwoman should have her own series even after marriage instead of co-starring in Batman? Is that why we're debating sales? Doesn't matter. I wanna talk about that.

I think it can work. They had Batman and Batman and Robin series running at the same time during the New 52, even though Damian and Bruce are living together. There's no reason why there can't be a Catwoman series after marriage. They just need to have different focus.

For example, Batman's main title will keep focusing on detective or villain fights in Gotham in general with more focus on Batman, while the Catwoman title will be focusing on East End, protecting the poor and disenfrachised with more focus on Catwoman, maybe with a touch of temptation for freedom, chaos and thievery. One of the title can focus more on the romance angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I do like some of the Pre-Crisis stuff.
    I do like some of the 90s Catwoman stuff too.
    So it sounds like you are a Purple Catwoman fan

BANNED

New Catwoman ongoing just announced at C2E2, comes out July. Creative team are Joelle Jones amd Laura Allred (Lady Killer)

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What are we talking about? Are we talking about whether Catwoman should have her own series even after marriage instead of co-starring in Batman? Is that why we're debating sales? Doesn't matter. I wanna talk about that.

I think it can work. They had Batman and Batman and Robin series running at the same time during the New 52, even though Damian and Bruce are living together. There's no reason why there can't be a Catwoman series after marriage. They just need to have different focus.

For example, Batman's main title will keep focusing on detective or villain fights in Gotham in general with more focus on Batman, while the Catwoman title will be focusing on East End, protecting the poor and disenfrachised with more focus on Catwoman, maybe with a touch of temptation for freedom, chaos and thievery. One of the title can focus more on the romance angle.
    I mean this is what we used to get before the N52. And really before writers started doing "arcs" instead of the "villain of the week" stories. Which I think they should go back to.

Even if you have Batman doing still putting out 2 issues a month, you can do either 12 villain stories or 20-24 villain stories. BUT if they got married and do two different books; I think that Catwoman would still have to be in those books at least once a month. Catwoman in once issues and then "Selina" in the other issue.

I mean, if they are going to be Husband and Wife. Or they could have them not show up in each other's issues but again, if they are married that would seem a little weird to have them not be in each issue but Alfred is there, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    New Catwoman ongoing just announced at C2E2, comes out July. Creative team are Joelle Jones amd Laura Allred (Lady Killer)
    GTFOH!!!! Are you serious???????

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    GTFOH!!!! Are you serious???????
    It's legit

https://www.newsarama.com/39325-c2e2...man-panel.html

-Comes out July 4th
    -Readers are urged to read Batman#50 first