Page 179 of 198 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2966
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If they do get married, I'm just trying to figure out how Bruce would fit in the title (or even his own) if Selina's ticking off the GPD, they'd be coming 'round to Wayne Manor daily to tell off Bruce for not keeping his wife in check, rofl.

One scenario could be Selina and Bruce catch wind of the copycat crimes and Selina asks Bruce to let her take care of it exclusively to protect him and her new family, and to 'wait for her', they could still get married and have this play out. This marriage could be handled very unconventionally, with Selina even dissapearing for days at a time (like even some domesticated cats do) doing her own thing and Bruce getting on with his own mission.
    Haven't they already said that they do get married and then it's the going forward after getting hitched that'll be where the drama is about how them being together will affect their lives, both in and out of the bat and catsuit...

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Hi all!
    It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been checking in on this thread occassionally. I haven't had much time to do any commenting because, well, life gets crazy.

Anyway, I gotta say, "Batman" #44 is one of the best Catwoman stories I've read in a long time. OF COURSE Catwoman is going to steal her own wedding dress in the middle of the night! And of course she's going to take her time, roll around on the floor like a cat getting comfortable, then sneer at all the different dresses before finding The Purrfect One (sorry, I had to). But the most interesting part of this issue is the flashbacks to her history with Batman, and her history of various outfits. Apparently the "Rebirth" Catwoman has actually worn all of these outfits in her past, unlike the post-Crisis and New52 Catwoman. I like this as it gives today's Catwoman a much richer history. We can see that this Catwoman is more experienced and more evolved than the New52 Catwoman, and that her history with Batman has spanned more than a decade - maybe even two decades. I particularly thought it was cool to see Catwoman fighting acrobatically against Batman in her Silver Age gown & cape - even though that isn't my favorite costume. I also enjoyed seeing a rather emotional moment with her wearing her 90's costume - which is probably my favorite look for her.

Speaking of that 90's costume, and her fluctuation of sales and popularity...the 90's "Catwoman" series was her most successful series and during that time, her comic was one of the best-selling comics on the market. It even outsold "Wonder Woman" and "Robin" (though she was running pretty neck-to-neck with "Robin" and "Birds of Prey"). As great and revolutionary as Ed Brubaker's 2001 relaunch was, it didnt maintain high sales as long as Jim Balent's did in the 90's. Her 90's series continued to sell fantastically from 1993 until 1999 (when she cut her hair, added whiskers & a tail to her costume, and ran for mayor of New York - dammit). Sorry, I just had to throw that out there since there has been recent talk of her struggle with sales. The 90's series sold the best. ;-)

Anyway, I'm overjoyed that she is getting her own series again. I've been waiting too long. But I think DC did a good job at generating new interest and new hype around Catwoman in order to launch her new series. Honestly, the lengths they took with the engagement to Batman, and the triumphs she has gained over the past year, was much-needed to get the great majority interested in her again. Because let's face the sad fact that DC has made Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, and Batgirl more attractive and fun than Catwoman over the past 10 years or so.

So here's to hoping we get a more appealling, better-selling, and more widely-seen Catwoman than ever. Because more Catwoman is what we need. ;-)

And yes, I'll admit that Tom King has made Batman more flawed, even weak, at times as he's lifted Catwoman to glory. But Batman is glorified in 10 different comics every month. It's okay for him to look a little weak every once in a while. It wasn't necessary for Tom to portray Batman this way. But in doing so, he brought Batman down to a more human level. Humans are wonderful messes. We go through rough patches, make mistakes, lose ourselves, fall apart...we pick ourselves back up, and we ask for help, even when we feel like we should be helping others but can't. We have weaknesses, and one of our greatest weaknesses - and our greatest strength - is to learn to LOVE. And that's what Tom King's "Batman" is about.
    Last edited by Huntsman1117; 04-08-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Catwoman #1
    Writer/Artist: Joëlle Jones
    Colorist: Laura Allred
    Variant Cover Artist: Stanley “Artgerm” Lau

The wedding night’s barely over, but Catwoman’s back on the streets, this time to expose a copycat who’s pulling heists around Gotham City. As Selina cracks the whip on her former criminal cohorts, she’s attracting unwanted attention from one of Gotham’s most dangerous groups. The mob? Nope. Try the GCPD. And as if the Bat-Bride didn’t have enough problems, don’t miss the debut of an all-new villain determined to make trouble for all nine of Selina’s lives. Don’t miss the start of an all-new monthly series written and illustrated by Eisner Award-nominee Joëlle Jones!

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...-draw-new.html

I am so ridiculously happy about the Joelle Jones Catwoman series (or, more likely, mini-series). Ever since her exclusive with DC was announced this is the book I was hoping for. I love her art in general but her Selina is absolutely sublime. Her facial acting and body language, especially when she draws her sitting, like on the new cover, express every iota of Selina's character. I cannot wait for the first issue.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I am so ridiculously happy about the Joelle Jones Catwoman series (or, more likely, mini-series). Ever since her exclusive with DC was announced this is the book I was hoping for. I love her art in general but her Selina is absolutely sublime. Her facial acting and body language, especially when she draws her sitting, like on the new cover, express every iota of Selina's character. I cannot wait for the first issue.
    Why do you say mini-series? It was announced that it was an ongoing, monthly series.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I had never really heard of Joelle before her Mockingbird one shot, but she has become one of my favorite artists since then. I love that she's at DC and hope she stays on Catwoman for a long time (or if not she moves to Wonder Woman!!)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Video is'nt playing for me. What do they say?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Video is'nt playing for me. What do they say?
    Try the YouTube link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jOSV29LasG4

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I did, it said it's not available.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Yeah I really don't see the reason to revisit that subplot with Selina's daughter. It was a bad idea that was also poorly executed. It's one of the few things I was glad about getting taken out of continuity after Flashpoint.
    They could easily correct the bad idea Helena Kyle could become Helena Wayne. Easy way to introduce the character into main universe imo

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    They could easily correct the bad idea Helena Kyle could become Helena Wayne. Easy way to introduce the character into main universe imo
    How would that work?
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Ultimate Member

Maybe have Helena either be born after the marriage or say that Helena that we'd have now say was actually Bruce's daughter somehow or something like that...

But a thought, as Alfred is Bruce's de facto doctor/nurse when he gets hurt I wonder if he'll play that role with Selina as well after the wedding and all of the fun that could entail...as say that Selina doesn't wear much under her outfit and if she got a wound on her side she may sit down and strip off enough of her outfit so that Alfred could take care of it, but would Selina be comfortable with that...would Alfred or Bruce be, or would she just prefer to do it herself or have Bruce do it...could be fun...

Spectacular Member

The most important bit I got out of that interview is that Joelle says she gets to redesign Catwoman's costume. Selina is over due for a costume change. If its anything like what she gave us in Rules of Engagement and the dress, I have high hopes for what she comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    The most important bit I got out of that interview is that Joelle says she gets to redesign Catwoman's costume. Selina is over due for a costume change. If its anything like what she gave us in Rules of Engagement and the dress, I have high hopes for what she comes up with.
    I would definitely be down for a Joelle Jones-designed Catwoman costume .