Page 193 of 198 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 2966

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    CATWOMAN #3 was pretty good, but Selina has been too slow and weak in this series, taking hits from novices. I understand she is upset over Bruce and hasn't been sleeping. But she has faced much harder times and still maintained her speed, reflexes, and skills as a gymnast and martial artist. But the artwork is great. I LOVE seeing her in her new costume. The writing is good, but I'd like it to pick up the pace.

I like Joelle Jones, I enjoyed meeting her at the Heroes Convention, but I wish she would just do the art of the comic and have a better writer do the scripts and plotting.
    Personally, I prefer it when these people show that they're still human—if they are outnumbered ten to one, they can still win, but will take hits, and those hits will have consequences.

I also like the focus on visual storytelling that Jones does; I actually think a lot of superhero comics ends up cluttered and hard to follow. And her way of presenting Creel's backstory was just genius, something that one really only can do in comics.

That Artgem variant for #3! wowza
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

BANNED

That Creel is one hideous old crone both internally and externally. Send Jason Todd after her or lock her up in Damian's dungeon or Pena Duro. That woman, argh, I've never felt such revulsion even reading Professor Pyg.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    That Artgem variant for #3! wowza
    His variant for #4 is even better.

Just read #3, I'm getting everything I want from a Catwoman book. It's slick, stylish and expensive looking, like a September Vogue with random violence.

I couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    LOL, how enticing...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

I hear that a different artist will be illustrating issues 6-10, the second arch of the book, with Jones still writing them. And Tom King said he is currently working with Joelle developing stories for Batman and Catwoman. There will be a reunion, and it sounds like a crossover. He said the main theme of his entire 100-issue run on BATMAN is the relationship of Batman & Catwoman, and that Bane is the main villain.

Just read issue #3
    I know that as a comic book reader we are expected to have a certain degree of suspension of disbelief and I do believe I have a healthy amount of that, but this comic really pushed me a little to much.

Catwoman, wearing a regular dress, not a costume with protection or anything like that, gets thrown off from a 4th floor, neck first right into the roof of a car and somehow she is fine and just got a couple of bruises.

hell no!
    She is not a cartoon character, she should be dead.

The backstory of the antagonist is equaly cartonish in the story's attept to try to make her as much evil as she can possibly get, however unlike other "pure evil" characters that Ihave read before I dont sense a particularly interesting motivation or capability on this character.
    Was she able to do all of these crimes and get away with them because she was too smart to cover her tracks or because the family/police was way too stupid figure it out?

The art is pretty stylish and all kinds of good, no complains about it.

The only thing that even poke my interest in the story was the final page as I really want to know how this will play out considering the change on her backstory from Batman Eternal.
    Last edited by Arnoldoaad; 09-23-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Fantastic Member

Catwoman has a lot of great stories people should check out.

Fantastic Member

Even though I do not like the bat/cat stuff if king lets Jones do the heavy writing it will turn out better why because not only does she like catwoman I think she would write a better batman as well.

There's something to be said for the simpler days . . .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    There's something to be said for the simpler days . . .

I have been buying many of the villain anthologies such as BATMAN arkham: penguin/ riddler Mr Freeze etc.

I've been wondering if they will do a catwoman edition as technically she was never an arkham inmate but really deserves an anthology of her best stories.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

CATWOMAN #2 ranked #15 in comic sales in August 2018. Not bad considering she was up against a lot of other major new series including Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Venom, & Punisher. Surprisingly BATMAN #52 & #53 were both in the top 5...I thought most people were dropping BATMAN based on the backlash of the wedding failure that I saw online. CATWOMAN #2 still outsold VENOM #5, CAPTAIN AMERICA #2, ACTION COMICS #1002, and AVENGERS #6, so I'd say that's an accomplishment considering she just stood Batman up at the altar.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    CATWOMAN #2 ranked #15 in comic sales in August 2018. Not bad considering she was up against a lot of other major new series including Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Venom, & Punisher. Surprisingly BATMAN #52 & #53 were both in the top 5...I thought most people were dropping BATMAN based on the backlash of the wedding failure that I saw online. CATWOMAN #2 still outsold VENOM #5, CAPTAIN AMERICA #2, ACTION COMICS #1002, and AVENGERS #6, so I'd say that's an accomplishment considering she just stood Batman up at the altar.
    I think DC sort of missed the boat by waiting so long to give Catwoman a solo series after her run in New 52 ended. Pretty sure Catwoman would have sold as well if not better than a lot of Rebirth books
    DC introduced after New 52 ended. Even the New 52 Catwoman outsold several other New 52 books. Not sure what their thinking was to not give Catwoman a solo book until now. The only thing I can
    think of is DC wanted to let Tom King play around with Catwoman for a while and that would have interfered with a Catwoman solo book.