Page 195 of 198 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198 LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 2966

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Early on in the cartoons when Catwoman was still a very minor character there was a class where Catwoman was demonstrating her whip skills to the other students.
    No hint of any villainous tendencies back then. Just another person at the school.
    Yeah, it wasn't until the "Fresh Ares" three-parter that they gave Selina any character-focus and depicted her more as a thief with a manipulative side who'll do the right thing when it counts (but then go on ahead to steal something right afterwards), although in the recent episode she's more of an outright villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    I'm re-reading the 90's series. I'm up to the point of the Legacy virus crossover. I miss that series, having Chuck Dixon write Catwoman as an international thief going on grandeur adventures to pay the rent - and just to stay alive. I miss her being a wise-ass who toys with people using puns, sarcasm, and snarky insults (not always to her advantage, but its fun to read). I miss Catwoman pulling off near-impossible acrobatic stunts and winning difficult battles with multiple deadly opponents at the same time. I miss the Cat's Paw grappling device on her arm; it gave her a lot more mobility.
    I like the new Catwoman by Joelle Jones, but I wish she was a bit more like Dixon's more competent, more intelligent, and more exciting Catwoman.
    I liked the book more when Jo Duffy was writing it. Not really a big fan of Chuck Dixon. Was happy that Doug Moench took over for a while. I've always liked how Doug Moench wrote Catwoman. Then the books kept losing writers
    and it varied wildly in quality and focus. I kept buying the book because I am a completest and wanted to support the character. But sort of lost interest after a while. At least they were able to keep Jim Balent for most of the run.
    But then even he left. Not sure if Catwoman didn't seem to be a priority for DC or it would have seemed they would have been better at keeping talent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    I'm re-reading the 90's series. I'm up to the point of the Legacy virus crossover. I miss that series, having Chuck Dixon write Catwoman as an international thief going on grandeur adventures to pay the rent - and just to stay alive. I miss her being a wise-ass who toys with people using puns, sarcasm, and snarky insults (not always to her advantage, but its fun to read). I miss Catwoman pulling off near-impossible acrobatic stunts and winning difficult battles with multiple deadly opponents at the same time. I miss the Cat's Paw grappling device on her arm; it gave her a lot more mobility.
    I like the new Catwoman by Joelle Jones, but I wish she was a bit more like Dixon's more competent, more intelligent, and more exciting Catwoman.
    There's two things I absolutely love about Dixon/others and Balent's version of Catwoman: Balent's tendency to give Selina exagerrated but fun expressions, especially her mischievous smiles and smirks, and Dixon/others having her be a one-woman heist machine scaled up to superhero size, especially with that Cat's Paw and the comical ease she had with heists that would normally dominate a movie.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Spectacular Member

Catwoman by Jim Balent Book Two
    Paperback – March 12, 2019

By day she is a beautiful socialite, by night she becomes the world's greatest thief. Catwoman by Jim Balent Book Two will take Selina Kyle on an adventure that will change her views of herself and the world. The only question is: How many of her nine lives will she have to use?

Written by fan favorite Batman writer Chuck Dixon with stunning art by Jim Balent, Catwoman by Jim Balent Book Two continues the epic story of the now-legendary Catwoman series as she walks a tightrope between a life of crime and a road to redemption!

When Catwoman is captured by a secret government organization and blackmailed into committing an impossible robbery, she is caught in a no-win situation: the infamous feline burglar must steal an ancient relic of a small European country or suffer the detonation of a cyanide capsule that has been implanted in her arm! Realizing success will lead to her termination by her captors, Catwoman will have to use her ingenuity to turn the tables against the government agency and save her own life.

Collects Catwoman #14-24, #0, Catwoman Annual #2 and Showcase '95 #4.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...KKWKZFVKP9WFVS

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    There's two things I absolutely love about Dixon/others and Balent's version of Catwoman: Balent's tendency to give Selina exagerrated but fun expressions, especially her mischievous smiles and smirks, and Dixon/others having her be a one-woman heist machine scaled up to superhero size, especially with that Cat's Paw and the comical ease she had with heists that would normally dominate a movie.
    Speaking of Dixon's Catwoman, Dixon just revealed a pitch he had back in the 90s: http://thebatmanuniverse.net/chuck-dixon-2/

He himself had a whole plan about Bruce and Selina getting married...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Arrow

For those interested Selina will feature quite heavily in my AU fanfiction crossover story (Justice League/Avengers alongside a few other properties) "Legion of Superheroes" from chapter three onward. It is the first time I've written Catwoman or the Bat Family as more than cameos in my universe so I hope I do an adequate job with general characterization. If so inclined, check it out -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1301484...of-Superheroes

enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Damn! I finished re-reading "Batman Legacy" and then the following issue of CATWOMAN, Chuck Dixon's final issue as it's writer...and boy did Dixon finish his run by making Selina a bit of an asshole! I didn't notice it the first time. But damn, she unleashed an angry captive leopard and a leopard-woman mutant, allowed the felines to fight themselves and kill the stupid men (who were conducting a genetic experiment involving using leopard DNA to combat an incurable disease) without any care or attempting to help the situation, and also allowed the large cats to roam free in Gotham, not caring how many people would be killed by them. I mean, I know Selina is not a nice person, not even a remotely good person, but she doesn't usually do things that get a lot of people killed without trying to help out a little - even if she really doesn't want to, she usually helps prevent people from getting killed. Chuck Dixon knows that, he always gave her a small hint of heroism but again, he wrapped up his run on her book by making her a really selfish asshole. Maybe he wanted to reiterate that point that she is a criminal and a villain at the core and that she should never be viewed as a role model (which is a point he made in WIZARD magazine around that time).

CATWOMAN has a new artist for this month's issue, Fernando Blanco. Here's a sample of his work. The solicitations describe it as being a reflective issue, with Selina in jail contemplating things about her past with Bruce, revealing some never before seen secrets.

20181005_084332.jpg

GORGEOUS variant cover for CATWOMAN #5 by Artgerm! Screenshot_20181005-095526_Instagram.jpg

Fantastic Member

I like Dixons take the best because she is a villian not a good guy she might be more ethical compared to the other villians but she still is a bad guy selfish and looks out for number one most of the time. Her and then leaving bruce is how actually see the way that marriage would go in continuity whether because they threaten bruce or not does not matter I see it happen if she reforms but in conintuity that idea is impossible

I like catwoman.
    I am catwoman.
    Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Speaking of Dixon's Catwoman, Dixon just revealed a pitch he had back in the 90s: http://thebatmanuniverse.net/chuck-dixon-2/

He himself had a whole plan about Bruce and Selina getting married...
    Interesting. In this artice Dixon says he probably would have Bat & Cat marry, try to make it work for a year, then have Cat leave Bat for noble reasons because he says she is a noble character.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I've been replaying arkham knight and her voice actress in that game is literally perfect. I think may be my favorite voice actress to play catwoman, what about you guys, do you have a favorite?

Extraordinary Member

Grey Griffin probably has the most playful voice for the character, though Adrienne Barbeau's acting in BTAS was a very fun but mellow performance that suited the film noir vibe of the show very well. Griffin, I guess, sounds more like a Balent era Catwoman, while Barbeau's sounds more like a later version of the character.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

For me my top Catwoman VA's would probably be Grey Griffin, Adrienne Barbeau, Jennifer Carpenter, and Laura Bailey.