Page 3 of 198 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Selina in the Hush story arc:

Selina in Arkham city video game:

Selina making an entrance...prrrfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonior View Post
    Selina in the Hush story arc:

The art on Hush was really magnificent. I just read it a few months ago and I am still marveling at how Jim Lee had grown as an artist since the early 1990s.

It's too bad the writing is ... not as good as the art.
    My, my! One does peculiar things when one is a gorilla!

Stumbled across this last night. Hadn't heard of it before, but it sounds like an interesting story that reverses the roles Batman and Catwoman play in Gotham City. And I always love when Jim Balent draws Catwoman.

Will have to add it to my list.

My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Stumbled across this last night. Hadn't heard of it before, but it sounds like an interesting story that reverses the roles Batman and Catwoman play in Gotham City. And I always love when Jim Balent draws Catwoman.

I thought that that book was terrible. But check it out for yourself and tell me what you think?

I second the horribleness of Catwoman: Guardian of Gotham. It's Monech at his...Monechiest. However, it also has a so-bad-it's-good quality to it which might appeal to some.

What are those weird lumps where her breasts should be?
    My, my! One does peculiar things when one is a gorilla!

Crazy people in this thread. Guardian of Gotham was great. Totally awesome 90s cheese.

Here's an oldie but a goodie.

I don't know if this actually by Jim Balent, or just using his Catwoman design, but I would love a full-size print of this.

My Blog | Tumblr

Michael24: I don't know if this actually by Jim Balent, or just using his Catwoman design, but I would love a full-size print of this.

You got it, this is a Jim Balent pencil that was painted by Joe DeVito. It was on eBay for $423k at one point:
    Jim Balent’s Catwoman Is ‘The Mona Lisa of Comic Art,’ Priced at Nearly $500K on eBay

But the painting is now on eBay for a steal!
    eBay CATWOMAN : Original Painting By Jim Balent & Joe DeVito US $48,766.00

This $60 poster reproduction might be more reasonable:
    eBay 1997 DC Comics Catwoman poster: Jim Balent/DeVito art/Batman foe/1990's US $59.99

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    Michael24: I don't know if this actually by Jim Balent, or just using his Catwoman design, but I would love a full-size print of this.

You got it, this is a Jim Balent pencil that was painted by Joe DeVito. It was on eBay for $423k at one point:
    Jim Balent’s Catwoman Is ‘The Mona Lisa of Comic Art,’ Priced at Nearly $500K on eBay

eBay 1997 DC Comics Catwoman poster: Jim Balent/DeVito art/Batman foe/1990's US $59.99
    That's serious bucks. Is Joe Devito a famous artist?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I've decided to read my entire Catwoman collection, my god, I had no idea I loved Selina so much. She, Huntress (Wayne), Batwoman and Black Canary are my favorite femme fatales of Gotham. I really hope Selina's solo takes an upswing. I want a fabulous Selina avatar...*off to find a fabulous Selina image--ie. not in the current black costume*

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post

Holy cow! Yeah, definitely some serious bucks there. So far out of my reach. Even that poster reproduction is pricey for me, but I'd love to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    That's serious bucks. Is Joe Devito a famous artist?
    I don't know what DeVito's level of fame is, but he's done amazing work, which you can see some of on his site. http://jdevito.com/

He did this great piece for the cover of The Further Adventures of Batman: Volume 3, a collection of prose short stories all featuring Catwoman, published in the early-90s.

Last edited by Michael24; 05-09-2014 at 01:01 PM.
    My Blog | Tumblr

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Joe Devito draws awesome looking covers for the DOC SAVAGE novels Will Murray writes.
    Highly recommand!

I love Catwoman. My favorite female character, and probably a Top 5 overall favorite. Was always taken by her winning combination of sexiness and intelligence, and her ability to seriously kick butt. I like her best when she's the thief-with-a-heart, but I'm curious: has she ever been portrayed as an actual "bad guy," or has she pretty much always been more of an anti-hero since her creation? I've never read the earliest stories with her.

I keep hearing a lot of bad stuff about the current series, but I'm still trying to catch up. I read the first volume and enjoyed it, but haven't gotten a chance to read the second and third ones yet. But my favorite Catwoman series will probably always be the '90s one, especially the early years. Loved Jim Balent's work and how he drew her. That's been my favorite version of the character, and I wish there were more TPB volumes besides the one "Catfile" collection. I recently found a Near Mint #1 on the front wall of my LCS and picked it up, then went online and ordered the next dozen issues, as well as "The Catfile."
    She has been a straight-up villain before. She wasn't used for a good long while in the fifties, but she came back in Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane as a regular villain. By the 70s or so I'd say she was more or less an anti-villain--she stole, she was part of villainous schemes, but she had a moral code to her.

As for the Balent run, if you're not against digital comics, that whole run is available on Comixology.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I wonder if Eternal will finally give 100% confirmation as to whether or not Carmine Falcone is her father? I kind of hope so.
    Well, she always was confirmed as such in the Loeb/Sale stuff, but the question has always been whether those stories themselves were in-continuity, not just that bit.

As for Eternal...considering they've made it plain that Catwoman and Falcone has some history, and with the future she's shown to have in Batman #28, I think it's very likely that she is the daughter of Falcone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier X View Post
    The art on Hush was really magnificent. I just read it a few months ago and I am still marveling at how Jim Lee had grown as an artist since the early 1990s.

It's too bad the writing is ... not as good as the art.
    My thing with Hush (and really all of Loeb's work on Batman) is that the mysteries of them do really kind-of suck. What is most compelling about his work was the character interactions and the emotional stories of the characters. The whole mystery of Holiday is infuriating because it breaks all the rules of good mystery storytelling, but it's remembered for the fall of Harvey Dent. The mystery of Hush is blindingly obvious, but people remember it for Batman revealing his identity to Catwoman and the close relationship they gained.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I second the horribleness of Catwoman: Guardian of Gotham. It's Monech at his...Monechiest. However, it also has a so-bad-it's-good quality to it which might appeal to some.

Basically. I have read it, and it is awful, both in terms of the redesigns for everyone (the female Alfred as french maid, for example) and the hilariously bad characterization. But if you can find it for cheap, and you're the kind that watches crappy movies to make fun of them, it's good in that regard.