Page 4 of 198 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

From Forever Evil #3

Forever Evil 3 page 4.jpg
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Holy cow! Yeah, definitely some serious bucks there. So far out of my reach. Even that poster reproduction is pricey for me, but I'd love to have it.

I don't know what DeVito's level of fame is, but he's done amazing work, which you can see some of on his site. http://jdevito.com/

He did this great piece for the cover of The Further Adventures of Batman: Volume 3, a collection of prose short stories all featuring Catwoman, published in the early-90s.
    Oh hey I had that book. It's somewhere in my garden. Probably worm food now. Didn't know that was Joe's cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Kay View Post
    As for the Balent run, if you're not against digital comics, that whole run is available on Comixology.
    Yeah, I'm not really big on digital comics. However, I recently ordered a batch of early issues that I found for between $0.80 and $1.30 an issue.

My DC Direct Arkham City Catwoman arrived in the mail today. I often have terrible luck taking pictures of action figures, so these were the best I could get. Really happy with it. A touch of green is missing from the right pupil, and I wish the goggles were usable, but otherwise, I think the sculpt is really nice and detailed. The bolas were a pain to get in her hand, though, because the handle is rubber instead of plastic, making it tough to get into her molded fist.

My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

My DC Direct Arkham City Catwoman arrived in the mail today. I often have terrible luck taking pictures of action figures, so these were the best I could get. Really happy with it. A touch of green is missing from the right pupil, and I wish the goggles were usable, but otherwise, I think the sculpt is really nice and detailed. The bolas were a pain to get in her hand, though, because the handle is rubber instead of plastic, making it tough to get into her molded fist.
    I was so excited when they announced the DC Direct Arkham City line, the Arkham Asylum line was gorgeous and I wanted to get my hands on an Arkham Catwoman - and then I got this. The paint-job on each figure is so inconsistent, and even though mine doesn't quite have the blood-shot eye look - there is definitely something wrong with her eyes. I don't understand why they went with a matte cat-suit for the life of me either - it looks... dusty.

But the Play Arts Kai figure is purrfection (had to do it). The Paint, Sculpt, Joint-age (I mean it is Play Arts Kai) - and you have the options of goggles on or off!

Last edited by CatBoy; 05-11-2014 at 04:01 PM. Reason: meow.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I find that I tend to really love the concept of Catwoman, but rarely love the execution of the character in books. The run of the series has left me somewhat cold, but Batman 28 held some potentially exciting ideas and options for her character. Plus she finally just looked sexy, something that has been missing from her comic for a long long time.
    I've tried to get into this run of her comic, but it's just fallen flat with me. I have I think the first eight issues and have wanted to pick up the Nocenti run, but the comments keep me away. Now, with Patrick Oliffe on art, he's a great artist but he is just not a Catwoman artist. I'm really hoping that about the time we catch up with Batman 28 there is a big shift in her creative team to one who are more able to reflect the premise set up with her in that story.

Yeah, that Square Enix figure is great. I really wanted to get that one, because it looks like it's got a bit more articulation for a better variety of poses. But no matter where I looked, it was nearly $50. A little pricey for me at the moment.

There's a new Catwoman figure in this big pack including Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Joker and others that I saw at my LCS the other day. She looked great, but apparently she's an exclusive to that pack and not available separately.

I'm happy with the DC Direct one, though. I've got it standing right here on my desk for the time being, and I think it looks pretty good. I definitely would love to get the Square Enix one at some time, though.
    My Blog | Tumblr

Yeah, I'm not really big on digital comics. However, I recently ordered a batch of early issues that I found for between $0.80 and $1.30 an issue.

That figure looks exquisite! Did you get it for a good price?

I got it on Amazon for $18.99 (plus shipping). That was about the average price no matter where I looked.
    My Blog | Tumblr

BANNED

in need of some good catwoman runs, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    The one run that is almost universally beloved is the Ed Brubaker run, which starts with the graphic novel with Darwyn Cooke called "Selina's Big Score," and continues in the second volume of the Catwoman series.

The second-most beloved might be the Jim Balent run that had the first volume of the Catwoman on-going. It's very much influenced by the 90s, but seems to be a solid run.

Anyway, here's a bust (hurr hurr) drawn by Eddy Barrows:

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    Some of my Favorite Catwoman Runs:

Catwoman (V2) #54-#71: Written by Devin Grayson and was also near the end of Jim Balent's legendary run as the Artist on Catwoman. Pure fun. Grayson wrote 90's Catwoman at her greatest, and Balent at his most Balentest. From fun one-shots like #61's "Bank on It!" to one of my favorite 90's stories like #66-#71's "I'll take Manhattan." Unfortunately never collected in TPB, but easy to pick up the single issues.

Catwoman (V3) #1-#37: Written by Ed Brubaker and the Artists were Darwyn Cooke, Brad Rader, Cameron Stewart, Javier Pulido, and then Paul Gulacy. The revamp that Selina needed, creating a new status-quo but respecting all the history that has happened before - Brubaker is a true master in writing. He left to write Captain America - but his impression on Catwoman lasts till today. Collected in Catwoman Volume 1: Trail of the Catwoman, Volume 2: No Easy Way Down, and Volume 3: Under Pressure.

Catwoman: When in Rome #1-#6: Written by Jeph Loeb and Illustrated by Tim Sale. Classic Selina captured at her most fashionable. Ties in with TLH and DV. Collected in TPB.

Now on to some Good Catwoman Stories:

Detective Comics (V1) #569-570: Written by Mike W. Barr and Illustrated by Alan Davis. Classic Catwoman at her finest, along with a Classic Joker. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been collected... yet.

Batman (V1) #404-#407: Or otherwise known as Batman Year One. Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli. I know it's one of those given must-reads, but it would be remiss to not be on the list of good Catwoman runs. This is the story that started Selina's journey in to the new age of comics. Not loved by all Catwoman fans, but a must nonetheless. Collected time and time again in TPB.

Batman (V1) #608-#619: Also known as Batman: Hush, Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee. A favorite with the fans, showcasing the relationship between Selina and Bruce... and Catwoman and Batman. Jim Lee draws a stellar Selina... but Jeph Loeb's writing isn't as good as... Collected in TPB.

Batman: The Long Halloween and Batman: Dark Victory: Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale. See Catwoman: When in Rome. Another Comic-book Classic that always feels redundant when writing a list of good stories. Collected in TPB.

Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #11-#15: Otherwise known as Batman: Prey. Written by Doug Moench and Illustrated by Paul Gulacy. One of the first great continuations of the Year One version of Catwoman. Great story that reads like a movie. Collected in TPB.

Batman Confidential #17-#21: Written by Fabian Nicieza and Illustrated by Kevin Maguire. Brings Classic Catwoman and Classic Batgirl together in a fun, campy romp. Collected in Batman: The Cat and the Bat TPB.
    Last edited by CatBoy; 05-18-2014 at 08:55 AM. Reason: meow.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post
    Some of my Favorite Catwoman Runs:

Catwoman (V2) #54-#71: Written by Devin Grayson and was also the last run of Jim Balent as the Artist on Catwoman. Pure fun. Grayson wrote 90's Catwoman at her greatest, and Balent at his most Balentest. From fun one-shots like #61's "Bank on It!" to one of my favorite 90's stories like #66-#71's "I'll take Manhattan." Unfortunately never collected in TPB, but easy to pick up the single issues.
    I still remember how I laughed out loud when Trickster clocked her upside the head with that chicken. My favorite Catwoman run by a stretch.

It's not the best quality, since I think he took a photo of it, but this is a great Catwoman by Fred Benes:

And by Javier Avila:

Last edited by Jay Kay; 05-12-2014 at 05:25 PM.