Page 44 of 198 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Not sure about the new artwork. On one hand, it's cleaner. On the other hand, the new looks don't really match up with the tone.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Jim being Batman, he's probably a lot less likely to give Selina the pass than Bruce used to do which will probably hamper her activities as Catwoman. And no amount of flirting will change that...
    In the last Bruce-Batman Bat Cat scene he said he wasn't going to be looking the other way anymore either... At least Jim-Bats will likely be more gentle than Sp0ck was with Black Cat. (Low bar, I know, but I needed to point out that Black Cat's turn as crime boss started when Peter Parker wasn't Spudey, and Catwoman as crime boss encounters a non Bruce Bats after becoming Kingpin.)

I really don't get why anyone expected "fun crime stories" with the Catwoman as Kingpin plot. From when it was announced in Batman #28 I thought "Snyder is giving Selina Talia's role in Morrison's run" and that was a tragedy. (In retrospect that comparison wasn't fair to Morrison. Love or hate what he did with Talia, he was at least interested in writing her, while Snyder isn't interested in writing Selina.). From Valentine's first interviews she was saying that her story was about Selina being her own worst enemy. This was never going to be about making the character happy and successful.
    Last edited by LostinFandom; 05-20-2015 at 06:53 AM.
    I'm currently Re-Reading Stranger's in Paradise. Please join me.

The 8-page preview is up at Comixology!

The story was basically just a recap of the previous arc, so there really wasn't much to it. What interested me was David Messina's artwork, and it's actually pretty good. Keeping Lee Loughridge as colorist made for a seamless transition from Garry Brown, although I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Selina wearing heeled boots with her Catwoman outfit is a bit weird, but at least she now wore a sleek black dress to the party and not some ridiculous gown this time.

I'm still unsure if I want to continue with this book...

Couple of Catwoman interviews:

Newsarama talked to upcoming artist David Messina about his background and approach to the book. I like his idea of Gotham as noir flavored Chicago of the '50s.

And Comicosity spoke with Genevieve Valentine about the future arc. Something of note is that they "are assembling a slightly reluctant, ad hoc, super-hero team around her, as a dark mirror", wonder who that may be. So far there's Spoiler, Penguin, and possibly Killer Croc hanging around Selina.

Selina, Penguin, Steph, and Croc being a sort of "Justice League of the slums" is a pretty cool idea.

It does remind me of what Batwoman turned into during its final arc, though. I have more faith in Valentine that she'll make it work better anyway.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

No posting of Catwoman preview? That's sad.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...dc-comics-2015
    Last edited by TsukiSentinel; 05-27-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiSentinel View Post
    No posting of Catwoman preview? That's sad.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...dc-comics-2015
    It was already posted.

Incredible Member

I'm excited for this arc. And I believe that it will soon tie in with Grayson, due to Helena B.

From DC's September solicitations (although technically November):

CATWOMAN: A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS HC
    Written by BILL FINGER, ED BRUBAKER, DENNIS O’NEIL and others
    Art by BOB KANE, DARWYN COOKE and others
    Cover by ADAM HUGHES
    On sale NOVEMBER 18 • 400 pg, FC, $39.99 US
    Selina Kyle gets her due in this new collection celebrating her 75 year history! Don’t miss the stories that made Catwoman one of Batman’s greatest foes—and one of comics’ most memorable villains!
    IT'S HAPPENING.

Interesting that they don't go into detail about which issues are collected though. Maybe they haven't decided?
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

I don't think the solicits for 75th HCs usually list the issues collected.

BANNED

Denny O'Neil? WTF has he done for Catwoman? He would be the last person that should be on her 75th anniversary

http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/bra...ing-your-brand
    Last edited by chipsnopotatoes; 06-15-2015 at 08:26 PM.

After a quick wiki, I'm pretty sure this O'Neil issue is probably going to be collected. Comicvine says that it's the first re-appearence of her classic look after the (frankly terrible looking) green catsuit of the 60s, so it's historically significant.

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    From DC's September solicitations (although technically November):
    That's awesome! Can't wait to see what issues get included.

Camren Bicondova posted this on her Facebook a few days ago. Young Selina is getting an action figure.

I assume this is part of an as-yet-unannounced line of Gotham-based figures.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Maybe this could shed some light on what's going to be collected.

The Catfile is great by virtue of how...incredibly 90s everything about it is, plus them including anything from the Balent days would be a win for me.

BANNED

Does this incarnation of Catwoman know Batman's identity?