Page 48 of 198 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Wow, this appreciation thread's buried 5 pages in. Poor kitty. Her 75th anniversary book is out. Without much fanfare of course given DC's austerity measures. The poor dears have had a very bad month with market share in free fall at 22%. I guess Diane has the patience of saint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    Wow, this appreciation thread's buried 5 pages in. Poor kitty. Her 75th anniversary book is out. Without much fanfare of course given DC's austerity measures. The poor dears have had a very bad month with market share in free fall at 22%. I guess Diane has the patience of saint.
    No idea what you said, but people really need to start updating this thread instead of making new threads related to Catwoman. That's part of the problem.

Yeah, I had no idea that 75th anniversary book was out. Anybody have a list of what all it contains?
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    Catwoman 35-46
    Genevieve Valentine

Selina as mob boss of Gotham with an intense, slow burn vibe. Valentine didn't have a lot of action but the story was rich and I think she captured Selina's voice well. I might put her as the 2nd best modern Catwoman author. I get a strong Gotham Central, The Wire, and The Godfather feel from her issues. I wish Valentine could have stayed and taken Selina back to thieving but it was not to be.
    The storys were good, but for me this isn't really Catwoman.
    Catwoman doesn't kill (or orders killings), she works solo and she doesn't quote medival texts.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Yeah, I had no idea that 75th anniversary book was out. Anybody have a list of what all it contains?
    I googled it, and found nothing . . . . wth DC?

BANNED

More news about the new run:
    http://www.newsarama.com/26836-catwo...o-mystery.html

Frank's got his work cut out for him in convincing her fans to come back. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound all that appetizing.

And I can't believe her costume could get any uglier but i guess it did while I was away ignoring the drabbest Catwoman run in history. That cowl seems to have gained surface area exposing less of her cheeks. Whoever thought this was a good idea?

BANNED

image.jpg

Catwoman in the next Batman Earth One!
    From Gary Frank's Twitter. Even her silhouette looks a helluva lot better than whatever poor dowdy creature the Bat Office is churning out.

Long hair!!! At least someone's taking notice of Convergence Cats selling way more than Scarface Selina

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    I don't really understand why they put issues in these books that were just part 1 of a bigger storyline.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't really understand why they put issues in these books that were just part 1 of a bigger storyline.
    Yeah, that's dumb. But from business point of view it's reasonable, to get people to buy collected editions etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brainticket View Post
    Yeah, that's dumb. But from business point of view it's reasonable, to get people to buy collected editions etc.
    But is “Her Sister’s Keeper” even available?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But is “Her Sister’s Keeper” even available?
    Not that I know of.

There is a trade of Her Sister's Keeper, but it appears to be OOP. (Hope they reissue it at some point, along with trades of the '90s solo series.)

However, I still see the singles readily available in back issue bins at many stores for very cheap.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Genevieve Valentine's run was outstanding. It was a different direction for Catwoman, but at the same time she was recognizable. She was the same character, but thrown into very unfamiliar waters, and had to adapt accordingly. It was one of the best things to come out of the Nu52.

Not too optimistic about Tieri taking over.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I think Tieri's Catwoman will be okay if he can get her voice right. That was something that bugged me about the first two New 52 runs.