Page 5 of 198 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post
    Some of my Favorite Catwoman Runs:

Catwoman (V2) #54-#71: Written by Devin Grayson and was also the last run of Jim Balent as the Artist on Catwoman. Pure fun. Grayson wrote 90's Catwoman at her greatest, and Balent at his most Balentest. From fun one-shots like #61's "Bank on It!" to one of my favorite 90's stories like #66-#71's "I'll take Manhattan." Unfortunately never collected in TPB, but easy to pick up the single issues.

Catwoman (V3) #1-#37: Written by Ed Brubaker and the Artists were Darwyn Cooke, Brad Rader, Cameron Stewart, Javier Pulido, and then Paul Gulacy. The revamp that Selina needed, creating a new status-quo but respecting all the history that has happened before - Brubaker is a true master in writing. He left to write Captain America - but his impression on Catwoman lasts till today. Collected in Catwoman Volume 1: Trail of the Catwoman, Volume 2: No Easy Way Down, and Volume 3: Under Pressure.

Catwoman: When in Rome #1-#6: Written by Jeph Loeb and Illustrated by Tim Sale. Classic Selina captured at her most fashionable. Ties in with TLH and DV. Collected in TPB.

Now on to some Good Catwoman Stories:

Detective Comics (V1) #569-570: Written by Mike W. Barr and Illustrated by Alan Davis. Classic Catwoman at her finest, along with a Classic Joker. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been collected... yet.

Batman (V1) #404-#407: Or otherwise known as Batman Year One. Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli. I know it's one of those given must-reads, but it would be remiss to not be on the list of good Catwoman runs. This is the story that started Selina's journey in to the new age of comics. Not loved by all Catwoman fans, but a must nonetheless. Collected time and time again in TPB.

Batman: The Long Halloween and Batman: Dark Victory: Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale. See Catwoman: When in Rome. Another Comic-book Classic that always feels redundant when writing a list of good stories. Collected in TPB.

Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #11-#15: Otherwise known as Batman: Prey. Written by Doug Moench and Illustrated by Paul Gulacy. One of the first great continuations of the Year One version of Catwoman. Great story that reads like a movie. Collected in TPB.
    that was the one recomended to me the most. i liked what i read up until the slam/selina stuff popped up. i just felt like the only reason it happened was to keep the status quo of bruce and selina cant be going. i'll check out the other recomendations

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Kay View Post
    And by Javier Avila:
    And here it is in color:

My order of Catwoman comics arrived today. I got #1-5 & #8-11. I already had #6, 7, 12 & 13 as part of my Batman: Knightfall collection. I also grabbed The Catfile TPB, which is #15-19.

All of them ultra-cheap, but in good condition.

Last edited by Michael24; 05-13-2014 at 04:25 PM.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    My order of Catwoman comics arrived today. I got #1-5 & #8-11. I already had #6, 7, 12 & 13 as part of my Batman: Knightfall collection. I also grabbed The Catfile TPB, which is #15-19.

Congrats Michael! Have fun reading 90s Selina - you're in for quite the ride!
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

BANNED

Long purple slit skirts.

Mighty Member

I have them too.

She has been my comic book dreamgirl for 25 years since i read the comics to Batman/Catwoman and watched reruns of the 60's show along with other comic book ladies like BlackCat, Abigale Arcane, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Ivy and so much more. I thought she looked fine in the purple suit with long hair which is my fave one and i like the new look for her now.

I did saw Batman Returns in theaters as i thought Michelle looked sizzling as Selina/Catwoman and i even thought Catwoman/Selina on Batman TAS was foxy as well.

Thought this was a pretty cool piece:

a few more:

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Love. This.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

Amazing Member

Sholly Fisch is doing the futures end story, I really loved his one shot and since the current arc with nocenti is ending the issue prior, I really hope this is a permanent change! That said, I do kinda hate forced universe wide cross overs.
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

Quote Originally Posted by Smart View Post
    Sholly Fisch is doing the futures end story, I really loved his one shot and since the current arc with nocenti is ending the issue prior, I really hope this is a permanent change! That said, I do kinda hate forced universe wide cross overs.
    That would actually be pretty great.

I'd really like to read Catwoman again.

Jim Balent. I believe this was done for a cover of Wizard. My best friend and I used to joke that Selina's costume then was little more than body paint with some gloves, boots and a mask. Haha!

This is another favorite of mine I stumbled across somewhere.

Last edited by Michael24; 05-16-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    That would actually be pretty great.

I'd really like to read Catwoman again.
    Except that artist just draws one ugly Catwoman. Selina looking anorexic with Sonic the Hedgehog hair.
    Last edited by chipsnopotatoes; 05-16-2014 at 04:34 PM.

BANNED

Jim Balent. I believe this was done for a cover of Wizard. My best friend and I used to joke that Selina's costume then was little more than body paint with some gloves, boots and a mask. Haha!

This is another favorite of mine I stumbled across somewhere.

That's by Stanley Lau. Wish she looked as good as either of those in her comics.

Here's some great artwork by Bill Sienkiewicz: