Page 51 of 198 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Jeph Loeb had Catwoman ambush Ivy while the latter was controlling Bruce Wayne in Long Halloween. I think that the idea is since Hush is basically a sequel to Long Halloween and Dark Victory, Loeb's Catwoman has a grudge with Pam.
    It's been forever since I've read Long Halloween, but I think I recall that now. Thanks.

Everyone goes on about Nocenti, but I'm pretty sure Bronwyn Carlton's CW run is the worst run of anything ever. It's not even laughably bad like the aforementioned, it's damned near illegible.

At least Nocenti has her old Daredevil run to fall back on.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

The rumor mill is spinning that Catwoman is getting possibly relaunched after #52, along with several other titles.

I think it could be a cool idea to keep her in NY for a while and have her develop her own non-Bat supporting cast, an Angel/Buffy sort of thing. Moving Batgirl to her own little more-or-less untouched corner of the universe seemed to do wonders for the title, both sales and quality wise.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Personally I would like Catwoman to be more fun adventurer than the over done noir. It was cool for awhile but gone on too long.

So happy they are FINALLY making a Darwyn Cooke Catwoman figure!
    tumblr_inline_o2eqk04eO51qbujox_500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    So happy they are FINALLY making a Darwyn Cooke Catwoman figure!
    tumblr_inline_o2eqk04eO51qbujox_500.jpg
    YES! So cool! No one does Catwoman like Darwyn Cooke!
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 02-11-2016 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    YES! So cool! No one does Catwoman like Darwyn Cooke!
    Right? It took way too long for something like this to be released. Especially since he is the one who put her in that iconic look, and probably draws it the best out of any other artist...

Darwyn Cooke 1
    Catwoman Design Sketchbook
    from The Batman Vault 2009

Darwyn Cooke 2

Darwyn Cooke 3

Darwyn Cooke 4

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    Darwyn Cooke 3

Darwyn Cooke 4
    Fantastic, thanks. I loved his Selina. That he compares her to Audrey Hepburn in anything is priceless, perfect!
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

In 2001 I was so excited that Catwoman was getting her own series again, along with a fresh new costume, a new spin on her character, and a new direction for her story. I thought the cover art for issue #1 in 2001 was beautiful. I was itching with anticipation. Then I saw the cover for issue #2 with the goggles. Catwoman looked like a mother****ing PRAYING MANTIS. I hated it. So much so that I couldn't continue reading the series after issue 7 or 8.

The new Darwyn Cooke toy is kind of cool in a nostalgic way LOL since this look was created 15 years ago. I will admit that. But I'm soaring on the possibility that Catwoman could be redesigned for Rebirth! And I'm excited to see how Gary Frank draws her for Earth One. I'm so ready for those frustrating bug-eye goggles and heavy boots to be gone...I can't even take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    In 2001 I was so excited that Catwoman was getting her own series again, along with a fresh new costume, a new spin on her character, and a new direction for her story. I thought the cover art for issue #1 in 2001 was beautiful. I was itching with anticipation. Then I saw the cover for issue #2 with the goggles. Catwoman looked like a mother****ing PRAYING MANTIS. I hated it. So much so that I couldn't continue reading the series after issue 7 or 8.

The new Darwyn Cooke toy is kind of cool in a nostalgic way LOL since this look was created 15 years ago. I will admit that. But I'm soaring on the possibility that Catwoman could be redesigned for Rebirth! And I'm excited to see how Gary Frank draws her for Earth One. I'm so ready for those frustrating bug-eye goggles and heavy boots to be gone...I can't even take it.
    The goggles look great though. I will say that I hate what Darwyn Cooke's design has evolved into. He drew it perfectly and the artists that followed him did too up until Brubaker left the title. Then it started to change subtly. Around when Gotham City Sirens started and March drew her cowl/body suit as two separate things and leaving the neck open and bare. Now, it looks even weirder with the look of the mask around her jaw... Looks really rigid and hard.

No Catwoman book listed for Rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Bit View Post
    No Catwoman book listed for Rebirth
    Ya, that sucks. I mean her book made it to 52. Limped there, but still. She's gotta be somewhere though.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Oh Selina, I'll miss reading about you monthly.

I think DC should try putting Catwoman and Batwoman as the stars of Detective Comics (each with their own feature) to see how it sells.