Page 52 of 198 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Bit View Post
    No Catwoman book listed for Rebirth
    Uhg, this sucks. I really don't want to see her relegated to guest spots in Batman. I really like her on her own with a strong creative team, supporting cast and concept.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

What a bummer.

23 years of monthly title appearances between Catwoman v2, Catwoman v3, Gotham City Sirens, and Catwoman v4.

Selina had 2 breaks in this 23 year run: 5 months between v2 and v3 plus 3 months between GCS and v4.

Will she get another 3-5 month break followed by a self title or a team up? Or, perpetual just guest appearances?

I've noticed that other "good guys" are frequently hostile towards Selina, e.g. Babs, Huntress, etc. Will she guest spot in the New BOP and constantly be distrusted and grumbled at?

Also, Modern Era and especially New52 Bruce is often a jerk towards Selina. Valentine wrote him showing more concern for her but she's an exception. He's generally aloof and unattracted to her. It's a far cry from Batman v1-01 when he was smitten. Not to mention the rest of the Golden Age, then the Bronze Age, Hush, Heart of Hush, etc.

1993-08 Catwoman v2-01 purple suit debut
    2001-07 Catwoman v2-94 purple suit finale

5 month break from a regular monthly title with a few non-monthly appearances:
    2001-10 Detective Comics 761 "Trail of the Catwoman Part 3"
    2001-11 Detective Comics 762 "Trail of the Catwoman Part 4"
    2001-11 Batman Dark Victory 07
    2001-11 The Batman Chronicles 23

2002-01 Catwoman v3-01 black suit debut
    2009-08 Gotham City Sirens 01 team up debut
    2008-09 Catwoman v3-81 black suit finale
    2010-03 Catwoman v3-83 black suit one-shot
    2010-08 Gotham City Sirens 26 team up finale

3 month break from a regular monthly title:

2011-11 Catwoman v4-01 New52 debut
    2016-07 Catwoman v4-52 New52 finale

???

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

I'm upset that Catwoman isn't transitioning along with other titles during Rebirth. I don't know for sure that it means her book is cancelled, as that hasn't been reported and her May 2016 solicitation doesn't say "final issue". I'm sending Geoff Jons, Frank Tieri, and Dan Didio tweets now. To think, think book is just now getting good...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    I'm upset that Catwoman isn't transitioning along with other titles during Rebirth. I don't know for sure that it means her book is cancelled, as that hasn't been reported and her May 2016 solicitation doesn't say "final issue". I'm sending Geoff Jons, Frank Tieri, and Dan Didio tweets now. To think, think book is just now getting good...
    The book wasn't selling. Of course it's cancelled. It's amazing it wasn't cancelled sooner as books that were selling more were cancelled due to low sales. DC is trying to save itself after losing a shitload of revenue. That's what Rebirth is all about.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
    The book wasn't selling. Of course it's cancelled. It's amazing it wasn't cancelled sooner as books that were selling more were cancelled due to low sales. DC is trying to save itself after losing a shitload of revenue. That's what Rebirth is all about.
    But that wasn't Catwoman's fault. DC is simply incompetent. It's become a corporate assembly line.

Quote Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
    The book wasn't selling. Of course it's cancelled.
    I'm not sure an 'of course' applies here, considering that Cyborg's book is getting relaunched. It's numbers haven't been a whole lot higher than Catwoman, and that's after only 7 issues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I'm not sure an 'of course' applies here, considering that Cyborg's book is getting relaunched. It's numbers haven't been a whole lot higher than Catwoman, and that's after only 7 issues.
    Thats probably because Cyborg is in the Justice League and they are planing to make a Cyborg movie.

But the line up seem not tatally based on sales. Gotham Academy is also still around despite low sales, while Starfire and R:SOB which were quite successful were cancelled.

Could be. I'm not sure how well Cyborg's comic was fairing. But I can say Catwoman's comic was suffering from poor sales.

I hate to say it, but Catwoman's weakness has been its visual ambiguity. Many people want to believe that Catwoman represents a dark, noir, sexually ambiguous character; whose appearance is more practical and realistic than those of other characters.

But when it comes to the ultimate feline femme fatale, why does she, before every other iconic vixen, have to be the one to be less-sexy, less visual-appealing, and more masculine than every other iconic character I can think of?!

I'm sad that there won't be a Catwoman book in Rebirth (so far)... but the new 52 really screwed with her. Winnick was ok but really changed who she was, Nocenti wrote nonsense that I had to drop, the Gotham mob thing was super slow and boring. Right now, she is the most like her pre52 days, sad it won't continue.

I'm okay with her taking a break, actually.

She can come back when DC actually knows what to do her. The book was meandering almost from day one.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post

But when it comes to the ultimate feline femme fatale, why does she, before every other iconic vixen, have to be the one to be less-sexy, less visual-appealing, and more masculine than every other iconic character I can think of?!
    What do you mean?