Page 57 of 198 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    Frank Tieri responded to a tweet on Twitter, which complained about Catwoman and Poison Ivy being shelved, by saying this may not last forever for either character, and that he's currently working on something at DC, and he hopes he can fit Catwoman in it somewhere. Fingers crossed!
    Good to hear! It makes me angry that Harley has multiple books for her own plus duzend of guest appearances, but Catwoman and Ivy will have nothing regular in Rebirth...I mean they could easily make money off all three, but somehow all the energy seems to go to Harley.

Spectacular Member

I liked how strong, confident, intelligent, and skilled Hathaway's Catwoman was. You're right, she wasn't very romantic or flirty with Batman, but like you said Christopher Nolan was probably trying to mislead us with the Miranda Tate relationship. Nolan's Batman movies were, to me, supposed to be more realistic than others so I was surprised Hathaway's Catwoman had high-tech goggles and metallic heels, with no explanation as how a lone cat-burglar like her aquired such sophisticated equipment.

Pfieffer's Catwoman was responsible for my fan hood but she was easily defeated and "killed" repeatedly. That was my only complaint. Her design and characterization was brilliant. I love how dangerous she APPEARED to be; how sensuous and dangerous she looked.
    I thought Pfeiffer's Catwoman was crazy, and Selina shouldn't be crazy. However, it was a very compelling portrayal.

Spectacular Member

It looks like Catwoman will continue to keep her hair concealed and will still be wearing the large goggles in "All Star Batman", which is disappointing. But maybe they'll do away with her heavy combat boots and make her more sleek & sensuous. Her silhouette on the cover shown above doesn't look bad.

I will agree with the thought that DC Comics sort of hates Catwoman, LOL. They arent doing her any justice. Maybe it's because they don't know what to do with her on a monthly basis. Maybe they think she's better as a guest star. Maybe they think she's all-together lame and weak. Who knows... I just hope somebody at DC will make Catwoman an awesome character with an awesome book SOON.
    Don't forget why this Rebirth thing is happening to begin with. DC, not to mention the film department, is in the crapper. They just keep getting things wrong. It's no different when it comes to the characters. It's to be expected at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
    Don't forget why this Rebirth thing is happening to begin with. DC, not to mention the film department, is in the crapper. They just keep getting things wrong. It's no different when it comes to the characters. It's to be expected at this point.
    I skimmed through the other thread gauging people's reaction to Rebirth. The gist I got out of it is this seems to just be a musical chairs of existing creative teams (outside of Rucka joining WW) and there's some enthusiasm but I doubt it's sustainable.

Given the proliferation of tv versions of the characters, there's bound to be some cannibalization of print. I don't know if they realize that their drug pusher economic days are over.

BANNED

Catwoman gets a young adult book

http://mashable.com/2016/03/31/superhero-ya-dc/

"Mashreads can exclusively reveal that Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman and Catwoman will each get their own young adult book starting in 2017.

DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Consumer Products has partnered with Random House Books for Young Readers to bring four of the most iconic characters to life."

Well what do you know. She's emerging from her pariah status. Or maybe Random House has more sense than to feature Bumblebee

From what I understand a lot of the bi-weekly books will be going back to monthlies as they roll out other characters.Rebirth is probably going to go on for a few months at least and hopefully, someone will have a cool Catwoman pitch that drives a relaunch.
    I would rather wait until they have a plan and good creative team for Selina than to have them rush something together just to have a book on the stands.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Chipsnopotatoes I love your Bumblebee comment! I'll definitely check out a Catwoman novel. That should be good.
    Hulk you're right, Catwoman needs a lot of major changes and sometimes that takes time. I just want Catwoman comics to be awesome again.

He is so good! And watching him draw is like amazing squared.

1min video of Jim Lee drawing Catwoman:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BD35AZ0H9VT/

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    Catwoman gets a young adult book

http://mashable.com/2016/03/31/superhero-ya-dc/

"Mashreads can exclusively reveal that Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman and Catwoman will each get their own young adult book starting in 2017.

DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Consumer Products has partnered with Random House Books for Young Readers to bring four of the most iconic characters to life."

Well what do you know. She's emerging from her pariah status. Or maybe Random House has more sense than to feature Bumblebee
    I sort of blame the movies and recent comic book versions of Catwoman for this. She has a rather drab and boring costume now. At least the purple jammies during Jim Balent's run had a color. And Catwoman's green cape is now but a distant memory. Bumblebee at least has the advantage of a colorful costume. Is there a good reason Batman still has a cape but Catwoman doesn't have a cape anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Is there a good reason Batman still has a cape but Catwoman doesn't have a cape anymore?
    Acrobatics

Actually it's more of a question of is there any real reason to have a cape. At least Batman's cape is used for gliding.
    Last edited by SneakyLookingSort; 04-07-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I sort of blame the movies and recent comic book versions of Catwoman for this. She has a rather drab and boring costume now. At least the purple jammies during Jim Balent's run had a color. And Catwoman's green cape is now but a distant memory. Bumblebee at least has the advantage of a colorful costume. Is there a good reason Batman still has a cape but Catwoman doesn't have a cape anymore?
    Yes, cats can't fly, unlike bats. Also, capes tend to look silly on women, whereas they tend to look regal on men.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiSentinel View Post
    Yes, cats can't fly, unlike bats. Also, capes tend to look silly on women, whereas they tend to look regal on men.
    Supergirl resents that remark.

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    He is so good! And watching him draw is like amazing squared.

1min video of Jim Lee drawing Catwoman:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BD35AZ0H9VT/

Artists, man. They make it look so easy.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

BANNED

so any idea where Selina's gonna be once rebirth begins?

Supposedly Scott Snyder will be using her in All Star Batman but it hasn't been made clear if she'll be a regular cast member or just the subject of an arc (I suspect the latter). Otherwise, no other announcement for her unfortunately
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers