Page 58 of 198 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Two more cinematic references in #51 today.

I never thought about it, but I could totally see Selina as a cinema buff, especially classic cinema. It also works as a nice little nod to the initial "femme fatale" inspiration for her character way back in the golden age.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    Two more cinematic references in #51 today.

I never thought about it, but I could totally see Selina as a cinema buff, especially classic cinema. It also works as a nice little nod to the initial "femme fatale" inspiration for her character way back in the golden age.
    I love the idea of Selina being a cinema buff. I've been enjoying Tierri's run and hope that if she gets a solo book down the line (after All Star Batman?) he gets to write it.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

There's some sweet Selina/Pamela bonding going on in the preview for Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death #4

Selina was a blast in Poison Ivy #4. She kept poking at an irritable Ivy, teasing her about her colleague who had a crush on her, and was having a ball in general. The Selina/Ivy dynamics were pretty endearing and it is refreshing to see just the two of them interact without the shadow of Harley.

You guys can pick up the issue even if you haven't been following the mini so far. It's incredibly enjoyable and pretty new reader friendly too.

Spectacular Member

Why the hell isn't Catwoman popular anymore? Why won't anyone buy her book?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiSentinel View Post
    maybe because of crap writers or maybe people just see her as a bland sex object for batman to chase?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    maybe because of crap writers or maybe people just see her as a bland sex object for batman to chase?
    But she's not. She's one of the most iconic and interesting female characters of the 20th century. More so than Wonder Woman. More so than Harley Quinn. More so than Batgirl or Batwoman.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I think it boils down to a lack of prioritizing. DC doesn't really promote her inside the books. She's still included in merchandise that you find at Hot Topic and other places so they clearly know she's popular.

BANNED

she's more popular than jason todd and he's got a book...

It doesn't help that people still associate her with that terrible 2004 movie.

Spectacular Member

Ugly outdated costume.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I love the idea of Selina being a cinema buff. I've been enjoying Tierri's run and hope that if she gets a solo book down the line (after All Star Batman?) he gets to write it.
    If the cinema love is a thing (best hobby ever?) I'll have a peek at the book. Always liked FilmFreak during Pfeifer's run.

Extraordinary Member

Currently? I think it's because the uptick in quality from Valentine's writing shored up some support from people who were very curious to see "what happens next" and when that became "take it back to formula" they dropped off. The current creative team sounds like it's doing great, but there's still some massive damage left over from the pre-Valentine arcs, and while some people found the Valentine story to be lacking and miserably paced, having the entire thing thrown out the window immediately afterward kind of feels stupid. I for one think they should have found a way to build off the premise of Queenpin returning to thievery and use that TK relaunch the book, not just try and sweep the whole thing under the rug.

I think it went like this:

Winick's Catwoman (people get kind of turned off by the horrible fanfiction in the first issue)-->Nocenti's Catwoman (people drop the book like the plague because it's sucks)--> Valentine's Queenpin Catwoman (story starts too quickly with no set-up for how we got here aside from her new father, takes too long to get things done, but has an uptick in quality and atmosphere)--> current Catwoman (is decent, at the least, but kicks out previous entires fans who replaced the earlier fans).
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Man, I'd love to see a new Sirens book after reading Ivy's last issue. But DC put Harley on too high a pedestal, especially with the new movie, to "demote" her back to a Sirens book I think.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

But she's not. She's one of the most iconic and interesting female characters of the 20th century. More so than Wonder Woman. More so than Harley Quinn. More so than Batgirl or Batwoman.
    Agreed. I like all these characters, but out of any of them Selina has a nice intersection of longevity and being (arguably) more interesting due to her moral ambiguity.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)