Page 61 of 198 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

13434977_1028311043884087_8551057996612342710_n.jpg

Selina Kyle brief appearance in "The Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade" by Frank Miller and Brian Azzarello.
    Last edited by zebracross; 06-16-2016 at 09:21 PM.

'90s purple-suited Selina is getting her own Rock Candy figure courtesy of Funko. Sadly, it's a SD ComicCon exclusive.

My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    '90s purple-suited Selina is getting her own Rock Candy figure courtesy of Funko. Sadly, it's a SD ComicCon exclusive.

Using this design again would, believe it or, bring renewed interest in the character from the public.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
    Using this design again would, believe it or, bring renewed interest in the character from the public.
    Yeah we all like the outfit she's worn for the past 15 or so years, but it's about time she got something new. I'd be okay with something like the purple 90s outfit, but with a darker color.

Something closer to the Julie Newmar/Anne Hathaway costumes would help make Catwoman instantly recognisable to casual fans too. As Batgirl is currently sporting purple too, going back to the 90's costume may seem a bit confusing and redundant.

That makes no sense. It'd only please the fans who liked it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    That makes no sense. It'd only please the fans who liked it.
    It would be a 180 change, back to a classic look, that also has sex appeal, fun, and catches the eye. Image is a big problem this character is going to face for the foreseeable future. They changed her costume before back in 2001/02 to get attention. It has to be done again. She is stagnating.

She should have long hair again too!

MoviesSE 2016-02-26 11-24-25-65.jpg

ROUGH CLIP of CATWOMAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRRAJtPoT4A

- from the new movie BATMAN: ROGUES GALLERY

coming soon

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Something closer to the Julie Newmar/Anne Hathaway costumes would help make Catwoman instantly recognisable to casual fans too. As Batgirl is currently sporting purple too, going back to the 90's costume may seem a bit confusing and redundant.
    Eh, I'm kind of against simplifying the costume even more; while the Cooke design's simplicity lends itself way to being instantly recognizable, it's also somewhat unimaginative and boring in the wrong artist's hands. Taking away the biker cowl only to replace it with yet another domino mask and costume cat ears would lean itself to a more pathetic visual than I'd like. At least the Cook suit adds a biker chic to the clichéd skin-tight leather look that so many "dangerous adventuress" characters have, which gives Selina a bit more of a unique aesthetic and has some pop-culture ties to being rough and tumble.

Personally, I would like some kind of redesign that takes the suit back to a bit more "costume" than just cat-suit. It is a little odd that Catwoman got no redesign when just about everyone else did, though someone did argue that New 52 Catwoman's new look was a higher percentage of appearances with her zipper pulled down. The advantage of both the 90's and 00's looks are their simplicity; the 70's-80's dress may have a bit more aesthetic appeal and be more eye catching, but the purple suit and biker catsuit both look more practical. The purple suits biggest problem is that it's to easy for an artist to draw it to be basically just a fetish outfit, but the color does give it a bit more aesthetic appeal to me.

I'd love to see some mix of the two styles, though I'd love to see her cowl have the mask integrated.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

I'm usually against comics copying movies, but I wouldn't mind if they gave her something like the Batman Returns look. Like, her current outfit gets torn up in a fight, and Selina decides to just stick it back together because it has sentimental value instead of getting a new one. They could also make her character a little more edgy and psychological to match the new look, which could be an interesting direction if done right. Cause let's face it, Selina really needs a new direction.

Spectacular Member

Cooke's design was trying too hard to come up with something new. It also didn't make any sense. I mean, the cap she pulls out just happened to have ears in it??! I'm also tired of the goggles. The whole thing has waaay too much going on. It's time to get back to basics. I also hate the flat boots.

In case anybody is interested, the Rock Candy Catwoman figure (while an SDCC exclusive) is also going to be available from Hot Topic starting tomorrow.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Cooke's design was trying too hard to come up with something new. It also didn't make any sense. I mean, the cap she pulls out just happened to have ears in it??! I'm also tired of the goggles. The whole thing has waaay too much going on. It's time to get back to basics. I also hate the flat boots.
    It looked great when Cooke and Stewart drew it. I don't get why you are criticizing the cap as she could still edit the outfit before putting it on... Oh and flat boots? You'd rather her running across rooftops in 6 inch heels?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    It looked great when Cooke and Stewart drew it. I don't get why you are criticizing the cap as she could still edit the outfit before putting it on... Oh and flat boots? You'd rather her running across rooftops in 6 inch heels?
    It's a comic. The boots now look bland.

Extraordinary Member

Heels would look bland too.

I've been curious is those toed-shoes would be a cool movie footwear for either Catwoman or Nightwing. What do you guys think?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP