Page 63 of 198 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Bit View Post
    Anyone play Telltale's Batman game yet? I'm probably going to this weekend. Cannot wait. Love Telltale's games and I hear Catwoman is cool in it.
    I finished it a little bit ago, it's awesome. I really like Catwoman's design in the game and kicks some serious ass. It seems like she's going to be a major player in the rest of the series which I'm excited about.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

What has changed about Selina's personality between now and the 90's version?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I don't mind it for flying characters like Storm or Starfire but I can't take Catwoman in heels seriously.

I kind of like how in Batman Returns, you can see Michelle Pfeiffers stunt double jumping around in flat shoes, and then Pfeiffer will spontaneously change into 5 inch heels in the next shot. It's ridiculous.
    I think that they're also acceptable for characters who don't really rely on athleticism/hand to hand combat/jumping/moving around a lot (like say Zatanna or Emma Frost , etc). But for characters like Selina, where they're athleticism and ability to move quickly and fight if needed, heels just look dumb and are impractical.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Superhero costumes are just impractical in general. I like Catwoman in heels because it fits her seductive look.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Superhero costumes are just impractical in general. I like Catwoman in heels because it fits her seductive look.
    She can be seductive without heels.

Can we please talk about something other than her appearance?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiSentinel View Post
    She can be seductive without heels.

Can we please talk about something other than her appearance?
    She's not really in any comics at the moment so it's hard to talk about anything besides her appearance.

How about this, who should write the next Catwoman ongoing series? I think Tim Seeley could do a good job. He can make a series raunchy and provocative without devaluing the characters or story, and is doing a great job reinvigorating Nightwing and could probably do the same for Selina. Artist should be Guillem March or Emanuela Luppacino.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    She's not really in any comics at the moment so it's hard to talk about anything besides her appearance.

How about this, who should write the next Catwoman ongoing series? I think Tim Seeley could do a good job. He can make a series raunchy and provocative without devaluing the characters or story, and is doing a great job reinvigorating Nightwing and could probably do the same for Selina. Artist should be Guillem March or Emanuela Luppacino.
    A Seeley/Luppacino Catwoman would be amazing! He's got a perfect tone for it, and her art is truly fantastic.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    A Seeley/Luppacino Catwoman would be amazing! He's got a perfect tone for it, and her art is truly fantastic.
    I could get on board with that. I'd also really like to see Frank Tierri on the book again. Another thought is Joelle Jones, who just signed an exclusive with DC, on art or writing and art.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

I dug Inaki Miranda's art for Tieri's run, but Tieri himself was a tad too generic feeling to carry a whole series. I'd be down for Joelle Jones, Tim Seeley has also been on my radar for Catwoman ever since he did her Zero Year issue. I think he's too big for DC to "waste" him on Catwoman though

Talking about her appearance, I really liked how Telltale updated Selina's look for their Batman game. The pixie cut needed to go like yesterday.

cwtt.jpg
    Last edited by BatGlamorous; 08-11-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I could get on board with that. I'd also really like to see Frank Tierri on the book again. Another thought is Joelle Jones, who just signed an exclusive with DC, on art or writing and art.
    Wasn't Frank Tieri's run unpopular?

I think a big problem with how Catwoman is written is she lacks the confidence she used to have. It's all drama these days. On top of that, wishy washy morals can be offensive to some people, especially in female characters. I think she should be a full blown villain femme-fatale for awhile. Another problem I think is that DC doesn't want to go all out on Selina's sexuality because she's Batman's main love interest. I say make her a former prostitute, and make her promiscuous. Make her confident, and even a bit arrogant. Make her crack jokes, and the occasional groaner in the form of a cat pun. At the same time, add an element of goodness to her that doesn't clash with her amoral nature. For instance she's a criminal by night, but she works for charity by day. In fact, make her into a Robin Hood type of thief. Also, she should be insanely intelligent, rivaling Bruce Wayne in wit. She should also occasionally make a fool out of Batman.
    Last edited by TsukiSentinel; 08-11-2016 at 06:37 PM.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Another Lupacchio. Its pretty good.
    tumblr_lerxaxLxuF1qzmfk8o1_500.jpg

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    I dug Inaki Miranda's art for Tieri's run, but Tieri himself was a tad too generic feeling to carry a whole series. I'd be down for Joelle Jones, Tim Seeley has also been on my radar for Catwoman ever since he did her Zero Year issue. I think he's too big for DC to "waste" him on Catwoman though

Talking about her appearance, I really liked how Telltale updated Selina's look for their Batman game. The pixie cut needed to go like yesterday.

cwtt.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiSentinel View Post
    Wasn't Frank Tieri's run unpopular?

I think a big problem with how Catwoman is written is she lacks the confidence she used to have. It's all drama these days. On top of that, wishy washy morals can be offensive to some people, especially in female characters. I think she should be a full blown villain femme-fatale for awhile. Another problem I think is that DC doesn't want to go all out on Selina's sexuality because she's Batman's main love interest. I say make her a former prostitute, and make her promiscuous. Make her confident, and even a bit arrogant. Make her crack jokes, and the occasional groaner in the form of a cat pun. At the same time, add an element of goodness to her that doesn't clash with her amoral nature. For instance she's a criminal by night, but she works for charity by day. In fact, make her into a Robin Hood type of thief. Also, she should be insanely intelligent, rivaling Bruce Wayne in wit. She should also occasionally make a fool out of Batman.
    Yeah, I really disliked Tieri's run after Valentine's run was cut short. Not only was it incredibly generic, but it also took a giant dumb of garbage all over what Valentine had done for no good reason. But I was surprised at how strong Inaki's art was after how terrible the art was in Birds of Prey #10.

I like the idea of a Robin Hood Selina, but I'm not super interested in someone who has no serious relationships. I think Selina is best when she's torn because of her love for someone, whether it's Bruce, Slam, Eiko, or whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    Another Lupacchio. Its pretty good.
    tumblr_lerxaxLxuF1qzmfk8o1_500.jpg
    Lupa art is best art
    Last edited by millernumber1; 08-12-2016 at 08:14 AM.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I agree with TsukiSentinel in that Catwoman needs more confidence, intelligence, wit, and sass. I think she needs to also be more competent and victorious. She rarely wins a fight against other superheroes & villains as a guest or secondary character in other books, such as the Injustice video game story and comic series.
    Perhaps she needs to endure harder, more advanced training from a powerful & renowned martial artist or even an assassin. She would also benefit from a weapons & tools upgrade. A retractible grappling hook, for example, is essential for a cat-burglar. Ultimately we need to see her defeat more superheroes & villains in battle. DC comics owe her that after years of making her weak and lame.

I also like the idea of her being a major vixen who is also charitable, particularly helping the poor, pursecuted, and animals.