Page 64 of 198 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Something that could make Catwoman's outfit a little sexier & different from Black Widow's or Black Cat's are slashes in her catsuit or leotard. Something like this:

s-l225.jpg

Maybe she shouldn't cover her whole head. Maybe just add some high-tech cat ears that function as a headphone earpiece, and a detector for small sounds, vibrations, and frequencies.

cat_woman_by_leomatos2014-d7u4ncn.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    Something that could make Catwoman's outfit a little sexier & different from Black Widow's or Black Cat's are slashes in her catsuit or leotard. Something like this:

s-l225.jpg
    It's called a catsuit for a reason, brah. She's the OG, she's got no reason to change the outfit when it works so well as it already is.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Spectacular Member

Here's some of Luppacchino's work:Attachment 38921
    Attachment 38922
    Attachment 38923

Another Lupacchio. Its pretty good.
    Attachment 38924
    Looks amateurish. I guess that's too harsh, but it does look like watered-down Adam Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yeah, I really disliked Tieri's run after Valentine's run was cut short. Not only was it incredibly generic, but it also took a giant dumb of garbage all over what Valentine had done for no good reason. But I was surprised at how strong Inaki's art was after how terrible the art was in Birds of Prey #10.

I like the idea of a Robin Hood Selina, but I'm not super interested in someone who has no serious relationships. I think Selina is best when she's torn because of her love for someone, whether it's Bruce, Slam, Eiko, or whoever.
    I thought Valentine's run was awful. She didn't know how to write Selina, so she wrote some weird philosopher character who quoted ancient dictators. On top of that, she sapped all the fun out of Selina, and never put her in the suit. I can only conclude that Valetine wasn't writing Selina.

I never said she would have NO relationships, but she should have a secret identity that actually IS a secret to everyone, even those closest to her.

s-l225.jpg
    I hope you're not offended by this, but that is the worst idea I've ever heard in my life. It was dumb in the Catwoman movie, and would be dumb in the comics.

I would lose respect for Catwoman if she wore something like that. It is that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's called a catsuit for a reason, brah. She's the OG, she's got no reason to change the outfit when it works so well as it already is.

Actually, I think she should go back to the purple once-piece. However, John Venus is right. Catwoman is the original. She doesn't need to out-do Black Cat or Black Widow.

Also, for the record, I LOVE the pixie hair. I thought she looked very generic in the Telltale game.
    Last edited by TsukiSentinel; 08-12-2016 at 03:16 PM.

I agree with TsukiSentinel in that Catwoman needs more confidence, intelligence, wit, and sass. I think she needs to also be more competent and victorious. She rarely wins a fight against other superheroes & villains as a guest or secondary character in other books, such as the Injustice video game story and comic series.
    Perhaps she needs to endure harder, more advanced training from a powerful & renowned martial artist or even an assassin. She would also benefit from a weapons & tools upgrade. A retractible grappling hook, for example, is essential for a cat-burglar. Ultimately we need to see her defeat more superheroes & villains in battle. DC comics owe her that after years of making her weak and lame.
    I'm not sure I like the idea of making her an advanced fighter. Don't get me wrong, she should still be able to handle herself, but I've always seen her as being more focused on stealth, evasion, and agility; as someone who is skilled with specialized equipment and primarily gets by on her wits, not her fists.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

While Catwoman is definitely the OG, the black catsuit isn't originally hers. It was worn by Miss Fury (1941), Emma Peel (1961), Black Widow (1971), and Black Cat (1979) long before Catwoman began wearing one of her own in the comics (1987) which was actually grey. The exception is Julie Newmar's costume (1966) which Catwoman wore briefly in the comics, although it was colored green. Catwoman mostly wore a pink gown from the 40's til the 80's, briefly wore a grey catsuit in the late 80's til early 90's, then a purple catsuit through the rest of the 90's. The black catsuit isn't her signature look, and because Black Widow and Black Cat are wearing almost the exact same thing, Catwoman should switch it up and have a unique look of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I'm not sure I like the idea of making her an advanced fighter. Don't get me wrong, she should still be able to handle herself, but I've always seen her as being more focused on stealth, evasion, and agility; as someone who is skilled with specialized equipment and primarily gets by on her wits, not her fists.
    I agree with you a little here. Catwoman should rely more on her gymnastics ability, reflexes, stealth, and smarts when dealing with a confrontation instead of her fists and brute force. It would also be cool if she had her own unique style of fighting instead of fighting with a disciplined style as instructed by someone else.
    However the fact remains that Catwoman is defeated more often than not these days when she is confronted by another hero or villain. She appears to be unable to fend for herself successfully, and has to be rescued by Batman, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and Killer Croc. It's very disappointing. In the 90's Catwoman thrived on her own, took down many villains on her own, never had to be rescued by anyone, and would never become friends with or dependent on murderers like Ivy, Harley, or Croc. Catwoman needs to become more competent, victorious, and less reliant on others.

Catwoman is in Batman #10 in November. She is on the cover. She is illustrated well but did not get a costume upgrade.

I've always thought she would be good at uncoordinated bar fighting but not much else. It would make sense for her to fight literally like a cornered feral cat, not a Judo master.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    I've always thought she would be good at uncoordinated bar fighting but not much else. It would make sense for her to fight literally like a cornered feral cat, not a Judo master.
    But she's not a cat . . . .

She was trained by Wildcat and O-sensei to fight. She's not going to be an amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiSentinel View Post

She was trained by Wildcat and O-sensei to fight. She's not going to be an amateur.
    In this continuity?

And is Wildcat really that good of a fighter anyway? He's a fantastic boxer (and probably the best in the word) but what else does he have? That's a serious question, because I honestly don't know. He seems like a starting point for many DC fighters, but that's about it. I know he's taken down some skilled fighters like the 12 Brothers in Silk, but that seemed to be more due to the fact that Ted's really friggin' tough.

She doesn't have to be an amateur. But just in pure hand-to-hand skills, having her anywhere close to Batman just seems wrong somehow.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiSentinel View Post

It was iirc the Armless Master and not the O-sensei. And thats probably not canonic in the new 52.
    I'm not even sure if it was still canonic in the end of the pre flashpoint continuity, since are her training by Wildcat and her training by the Armless Master come from two different origin stories that don't really fit with each other.

Extraordinary Member

In this continuity?

And is Wildcat really that good of a fighter anyway? He's a fantastic boxer (and probably the best in the word) but what else does he have? That's a serious question, because I honestly don't know. He seems like a starting point for many DC fighters, but that's about it. I know he's taken down some skilled fighters like the 12 Brothers in Silk, but that seemed to be more due to the fact that Ted's really friggin' tough.

She doesn't have to be an amateur. But just in pure hand-to-hand skills, having her anywhere close to Batman just seems wrong somehow.
    Wildcat is traditionally that skilled in Post-Crisis continuity. He wasn't just a boxer; like every other martial artist hero at the time, he was supposed to be a master of several styles, albeit in his case all focused around punching people. By the 90's he wasn't necessarily a Tier 1 competition, but only just below it thanks to his savviness and pragmatic approach, and only then did they suggest he may have wound up with a literal 9 lives superpower, and that was more connected to his age.

Personally, I think Catwoman should be a dangerous and fighter, but not someone who wants to fight, and only just as skilled as she needs to be to trounce most mooks and stun Batman just long enough for her to take off and get away.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

I like her being a skilled fighter. It helps her hang with Batman more (also I totally picture him having given her at least some training himself).

As for her costume, you don't have to have an overtly sexualize outfit, or show lots of skin, in order to have "sex appeal." That's a distinction that sometimes gets lost it seems. You're personality, how you carry yourself, etc all are much more important imo.