Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default *RUMOUR* Who might be the X-Men writer post-Secret Wars.

"Memento Mori if the nineth lion ate the sun."
    -Zero III

"The man on the moon rules the infinite time."
    -Phi

"He will take over the books from Brian Bendis, who has been the lead writer since 2012 and who introduced the All-New X-Men, got Emma and Scott back together again"
    Did I miss anything or they kissed and made up off-panel?

BANNED

That's like replacing BMB with BMB.

Lemire should do okay. His DC work was exellent with the sole exception of Justice League United.

He can be kind of conventional but I loved his Animal Man run. I'll be cautiously optimistic if this is true.

BANNED

Animal Man read like a bad parody of the worst 90s Vertigo that didn't know it was a parody.

I think he'd do fine. Lemire had some trouble with team books at DC, but I guess that won't be a huge problem. As most X-Men team books are basically solo books anyway, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxx View Post
    "He will take over the books from Brian Bendis, who has been the lead writer since 2012 and who introduced the All-New X-Men, got Emma and Scott back together again"
    Did I miss anything or they kissed and made up off-panel?
    Nah, you didn't miss anything. If anything Bendis put a nail in that coffin.

Either they just meant putting them in the same book together after the events of AVX, or the writer was drinking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    Nah, you didn't miss anything. If anything Bendis put a nail in that coffin.

Either they just meant putting them in the same book together after the events of AVX, or the writer was drinking.
    Maybe he already knows what'll happen in UXM #35, they were right about mark panicia so I'll be less skeptical about that rumour, at least he isn't San Humphries or RR

I'd be good with that, he has some good work behind him with all he's done in DC and Valiant comics. I would be interested in what he would do with them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm not familiar with his work, but if it is him I hope he doesn't put Scott and Emma back together. I'm tired of those two...

If this is true...

I loved his JLDark and Animal Man runs. I think he'd do wonderfully as an X-writer and is a far better choice than the other names thrown around.
    Last edited by nx01a; 06-11-2015 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Lemire is good. if this rumor is true it inspires a bit of confidence in X-Men post SW.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I loved his JLDark and Animal Man runs. I think he'd do wonderfully as an X-writer and is a far better choice than the other names thrown around.
    He did Justice League Dark? I have those but haven't read them yet. Might check them out a bit sooner now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    He did Justice League Dark? I have those but haven't read them yet. Might check them out a bit sooner now...
    Lemire's run on JLDark starts with issue 9. Before that, Milligan's run was IMHO not that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'