Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    When do people expect we would hear confirmation on something like this? I don't normally pay such close attention to these things so I don't know what the time tables are usually like.
    oh that is easy SDCC, Marvel has to announce their 60 Books at some point

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    Milligan's run was far superior to Lemire's Constantine solo masquerading as a team book.
    Perfect Fit then isnt he, god knows most x-books have been solos masquerading as team books for a long time. Scott and Logan being prime culprits

Incredible Member

Lemire seems to do better on solo books than team books but I enjoyed his Animal Man run, Descender, and the three issues he's done on Hawkeye so far. I think it's an inspired choice as he's full of ideas and Im willing to give him a chance.

For the record I preferred Pete Milligans run on Justice League Dark. It was one of the few DC books I enjoyed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    He gets the idea of kids ans outcasts, and he can start purging the ones he doesn't like. I just hope he doesn't turn the NXM kids into psychos for hire
    KYost purged kids, tho lol. I mean we gotta have some non-Hellion, Mercury, Dust and Anole deaths, right? Otherwise, there's no tension.

Besides, even when Remender kills a character, it's not like he doesn't give them their time to shine, nor do they not go out in a blaze of glory.

Also, to go with him understanding the outcast theme, he also REALLY knows how to right teenagers, and young adults. Sure he'd have to clean up the language a bit, but he'd be going in.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I don't just wanna know the 'head' writer. I wanna know all the X-Plane writers. There's bound to be multiple books with x-men, in the title
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing Kyle & Yost, D&A and Mike Carey back on the X-books
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Kyle & Yost, D&A and Mike Carey back on the X-books
    D&A?

Mike Carey was great but don't think that will happen, not sure who the new writers will be. A dream one would be BKV but knowing our luck it'll be Hickman.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    D&A?
    D&A= Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Mike Carey was great but don't think that will happen, not sure who the new writers will be.
    I'll bet Carey would come back to do another GN project, but yeah, probably couldn't make room in his schedule for another monthly title. And I can't cry about that too much, since I'd rather have the next Felix Castor novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    D&A= Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning
    I heard that they'd stopped writing together. Shame.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    KYost purged kids, tho lol. I mean we gotta have some non-Hellion, Mercury, Dust and Anole deaths, right? Otherwise, there's no tension.

Besides, even when Remender kills a character, it's not like he doesn't give them their time to shine, nor do they not go out in a blaze of glory.

Also, to go with him understanding the outcast theme, he also REALLY knows how to right teenagers, and young adults. Sure he'd have to clean up the language a bit, but he'd be going in.
    I have total faith in RR if he gets the kids books, thanks deadly class for that, some of the best stuff I've read this year. If he's gonna purge someone he can start with Aaron WatXm cast, I'm sure not many will miss them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Perfect Fit then isnt he, god knows most x-books have been solos masquerading as team books for a long time. Scott and Logan being prime culprits
    Are there any real team books anywhere anymore? Even crap with big casts, everyone winds up solely existing to discuss what the main character is doing. Freaking Twitter/Instagram navel gazing generation.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    Lemire would do great imo.

Everyone's acting like Remender would be the end of the world, but need I remind you that his UXF was one of the best X-Books of the last decade? Along with Kieron Gillen's UXM
    Yeah, but his UA proved that he completely can't handle the concept of an actual X-Men book and doesn't care to actually learn how to. X-Force dealt with something entirely different.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Everyone's acting like Remender would be the end of the world, but need I remind you that his UXF was one of the best X-Books of the last decade? Along with Kieron Gillen's UXM
    Remender openly dislikes the mutant minority metaphor (one of the best things about the X-men; and THE thing I personally identify with). His "Call me Alex" was steeped in ignorance, and then his reaction to actual minorities telling him why it didn't work was to lash out and call them names. Yes the first 2/3 of Uncanny X-force were near perfection, but in-charge of the X-verse? GOD NO!!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Everyone's acting like Remender would be the end of the world, but need I remind you that his UXF was one of the best X-Books of the last decade?
    Not to me, and if the old CBR was around there'd be proof of that. C&C's X-Force was better. Remender is stuck in telling stories about failed 90's concepts..

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

His response was far worse than the Alex story itself, imo.