Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MarsHottentot View Post
    I have to say, I've been looking at my X-Force Omnibus (40 bux!! Thank you, Liefeld hate!) and, compared to that, Bloodstrike is looking rather reserved. He needs to bring back the cross hatchings, go with eye bleeding psychedelic colors ala Brian Murray (NO GRADIENTS), and just focus on getting that old Liefeldian ENERGY across. Rob can't 'draw' well - what he can do, is put together pages of bristling insanity. His story wants to be crazy, but he's holding back on the art tip. He needs to unleash the Liefeld who sold 5 million copies of X-Force - the guy who didn't care if the swords were in the wrong position from the way Shatterstar was holding his hands, because the 'wrong' way looked more dynamic - the guy who put extraneous gear and pouches all over his characters (seriously, Cabbot looks so wimpy now) - the guy who just put designs, smoke and multicolored shapes in place of backgrounds because who gives a crap about backgrounds when you have a feral wolf freak in clown make-up screaming his brains out shooting a pair of giant hand cannons that could not possibly exist in any reality? He needs to stop trying and just DO IT. MAKE THE HATERS EAT IT RAW! GO BERSERK, ROB!!

RUB THE BLOOD!!!
    This! Bring back the power of the Liefeld of yore!!!
    Last edited by Speedball; 01-23-2016 at 12:33 AM.

What is the status of this book? Is it still happening?
    Last edited by Speedball; 01-23-2016 at 12:43 AM.

I doubt it. Liefelds rubbing up to Marvel now.

Checked with my local comic shop. They have issue #3 listed with a June 2016 release date.

Astonishing Member

I love Liefeld's work but it's frustrating when he does comics. Get the fans all hyped up, release a few issues and then silently cancel the series without the story being finished.

I don't like how Liefeld makes Cabbot look like Deadpool these days. I hate how the Bloodstrike leader is using swords! To me, he should stick with big guns and big knives! That's the Bloodstrike I love!