Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I appreciate you chiming in and sharing what you've read - but that sneak peak does not give me a good impression. It IS ego and mopey and just plain %€#¥ish.

And even if you're right about Diana's involvement, it sounds like they're painting Diana with the more negative brush, so Clark can look better in his event.

It also doesn't help that Tomasi's first story just wasn't that good. At $4 and issue, I want good, not mediocre.
    Well, clearly I can't talk about the incoming issue at all, and I agree that Tomasi wasn't all that good on the first arc, but I support Sacred Knight's affirmation that Superman has not been emo and mopey in the slightest in the available issues of "Truth". So, if Tomasi does write him as emo and mopey (which remain to be seen), then it just means he's not getting along with the program.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Not a fact, actually. He shed not a single tear. Screamed in anger actually. After fighting like a boss to get to his Fortress.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    He was also moping in the Action Sneak Peak.

Crying, in fact. Over his baby blanky.
    That is factually untrue.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

A screaming fit while playing tug-of-war with a robot (and losing) is "fighting like a boss?"
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

No, kicking the shadow ninjas' asses on the journey was.

Fighting to keep the A.I. from taking his suit was pretty powerful though, emotionally, considering the symbolic value of what was taken and why.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-11-2015 at 05:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Kneeling in the snow over his baby blanky and constantly repeating to himself "I'm still Superman" is "bosslike?"
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Umm, no, I already clarified that. What was bosslike was fighting the shadow ninjas in subzero temperatures to get to his Fortress for answers and not letting his recent power loss stop him from being proactive in that attempt. I'm not talking about what happened when he got there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Fair enough. You just received some false info on what's been going on in the first two installments is all, so I just wanted to clear that up. He is indeed moping in the SM/WW sneak peek. Likely he's going to be upset with Diana for some reason for a while, and if that's something one doesn't want to read, more than understandable. But I just thought its worth mentioning his attitude about his overall situation, the lowered power levels, everyone knowing he's Clark...he's handing that really well. He hasn't gone dark or anything even close to it.
    I know all fictional stories are manufactured, but, good storytelling should feel organic and not just a cheap ploy by the author for d-r-a-m-a. IF they can come up with a good reason for Clark being a jerk to Diana and make it feel legit, then may be I'll give this another try. But, thus far, the previews aren't selling it, imo.

He was also moping in the Action Sneak Peak.

Crying, in fact. Over his baby blanky.
    Lol, they broke his blanky!

Kneeling in the snow over his baby blanky and constantly repeating to himself "I'm still Superman" is "bosslike?"
    A moment of weakness does not make a character "emo and mopey", it makes them human.
    Regardless, by the time of the actual AC issue, the guy has his mojo back, and goes right back to his home turf to face his responsabilities, leading to some of the most "Superman" like and the least "emo and mopey" moments ever, as noted by the near universal praise the book got by those who actually read it.

I would agree Tomasi should have a good reason for this wrench. If its contrived and not born naturally from recent events and true to Superman's characterization elsewhere, then yeah, it'll be off to a bad start.

Astonishing Member

I would agree Tomasi should have a good reason for this wrench. If its contrived and not born naturally from recent events and true to Superman's characterization elsewhere, then yeah, it'll be off to a bad start.
    I find your lack of mentioning Diana's characterization disturbing.

Lol, my apologies, of course an out of character reaction from Diana would be terrible as well. I just mentioned Superman because we've already seen his state of mind thanks to the preview. So I'm more at this point thinking about the reasons for his actions, since we haven't got a reaction from Diana yet. But if that's poor too then yeah, that'd be a double whammy.

Astonishing Member

Lol, my apologies, of course an out of character reaction from Diana would be terrible as well. I just mentioned Superman because we've already seen his state of mind thanks to the preview. So I'm more at this point thinking about the reasons for his actions, since we haven't got a reaction from Diana yet. But if that's poor too then yeah, that'd be a double whammy.
    I know you wouldn't leave out Diana, you're good like that. Hopefully, the story is good, too. Thanks again for sharing and getting me up to speed.

Incredible Member

I wonder if Mahnke has a new colorist? I've always liked his art but sometimes the people can be colored like vampires. Anyways, looking forward to this issue.

BANNED

Seems like Diana is going to get depicted exactly as I feared after that 'I don't love you' preview, if this is infact taking place after that.