Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The X-MEN to get their own world?

So rumors are going around about what Marvel is going to do with the X-MEN post-Secret Wars, one rumor states that mutants will have to leave Earth and colonize another world because the Terrigan Mist is toixic to them, and it's been circling Earth's atmosphere for a while now. Now, I don't judge any story before I read it, but I can't help but feel that his would defeat the purpose of the X-MEN, if they live on another world then peaceful coexistence between mutant and man won't really be a problem because they'll be living on another world. Anyways, what do you think.

Link to the article: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/...wars-spoilers/
    Last edited by William300; 06-11-2015 at 06:40 PM.

BANNED

You've linked the wrong thing. It sounds like what if Hanna Barbera was making an X-Men cartoon. Nightmarish.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    You've linked the wrong thing. It sounds like what if Hanna Barbera was making an X-Men cartoon. Nightmarish.
    ok thanks. I've replaced it with the real link. I have no idea where that other link was about

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

It was stupid as Hell when it happened in Uncanny Avengers and it'd be even more stupid as the new status quo (btw shouldn't the universe where they did colonize another world still exist in the multiverse since there could never be an incursion due to Earth having been destroyed?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It was stupid as Hell when it happened in Uncanny Avengers and it'd be even more stupid as the new status quo (btw shouldn't the universe where they did colonize another world still exist in the multiverse since there could never be an incursion due to Earth having been destroyed?)
    Maybe? I don't know, with all the time travel and reality breaking crap that's happened sense Marvel Now started I cant keep track anymore.

BANNED

Its a rumor as of now. But what if it turned out to be true, but in reality its not a status quo thing, but an x-book where some of the x-men or mutant characters have a space/adventure book?

Some mutants get tired of Earth and decide to use their powers to terraform another world. That would be an interesting book.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Leaving Earth, traveling and getting to the new planet might be interesting but then what? I'm having a hard time with opportunity for conflict (good story arcs). I guess some political intrigue, who gets to bunk with who, planing cool vegetables in alien soil, etc ... I don't like this idea
    Last edited by JLS Comics; 06-12-2015 at 06:57 AM.

Well, the planet would need to have its own indigenous population or else it would get real boring real fast I'd think with the small number of mutants left.

So essentially they replace the Inhumans as the outcasts living on their own rock then?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    Leaving Earth, traveling and getting to the new planet might be interesting but then what? But then I'm having a hard time with opportunity for conflict (good story arcs). I guess some political intrigue, who gets to bunk with who, etc ... I don't like this idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, the planet would need to have its own indigenous population or else it would get real boring real fast I'd think with the small number of mutants left.
    A good enough writer can take 12 mutants with strong personalities and powers and make more than enough drama out of their interactions plus environmental hazards. Some cool indigenous lifeforms would just be gravy.

Oh, and SHIELD and the Avengers come knocking once the terraforming's complete to annex the world for Earth aka humans and Inhumans. Manifest Destiny parallels up in here!

It also depends if they plan to continue using mutant racism in the comic. It's kind of hard to do when a significant amount of the population has superpowers. Yet somehow mutants and only mutants are persecuted. With the average human somehow having the ability to know who is a mutant and non-mutant. Yet giving even more inhuman characters like the Thing a free pass on racism. Toss in the Inhumans and mutant racism makes even less sense imo. Now if they go to a planet with a population that has about no mutants. Then they can rehash mutant racism.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

Terrigen mists can be undone. We have Storm who can sweep all those mist out of this world. Or better yet, why not have our reality warper heroes like Franklin Richards let vanish it as if it never came?

The problem with shipping the X-Men off elsewhere is that their relationship with the civilian population of Marvel Earth is much more important and complex than in other series. For a group like the Avengers, civilians are just placeholders, there to be endangered and/or saved as the plot requires. For the X-Men, the complicated, back-and-forth history that mutants have with the general population is an integral part of their story.

And of course, there's still the issue mentioned when the toxic Terrigen mist idea was last brought up, because there'll be a hell of a lot of dead babies if they go ahead with it.