Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    Well the mutants can be the colonial fleet with Magneto as Adama, Scott as Apollo and Magik as Starbuck. The Sentinels can play perfect Cylons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    They could go live on Endor and be a part of the Star Wars segment of the MU
    They should commit to full space opera, this X-men goes off to be a bounty hunter, this one a smuggler, ect

BANNED

If mutants go to another world, I wouldn't mind it. Probably the best thing that could happen to them honestly. The interaction with other Marvel characters has been disappointing for years. It's a nice twist. Disney hates mutants so they throw them into their own world, which could payoff and make for some great stories for the fans....unless Lemire is writing it...ugh.

And there's some strong irony that the Inhumans used to live on the moon, move to earth and now mutants will live on a moon because of the Inhumans.

This whole idea of them going to a new World is dumb.

Wouldn't they just inhabit an empty planet and make it Mutant-only?

If they are trying to get away from all the "racism" or whatever crap....why would they move to an already inhabited planet?

I think all of this can be fixed if Marvel makes the X-Men property their SOLE #1 PRIORITY. Make them the A-listers in Marvel again. So that Marvel can really focus on the human vs. Mutant theme. This is impossible to do well if you have Iron Man and Cap now being A-listers running around dictating everything.
    Last edited by LifeIsILL; 06-12-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Exactly. I think people assume mutants would be the only human beings on the planet, but that might not be the case...
    So they would evacuate Earth and migrate to another planet where they will be hated and hunted too? Masochism at its finest.

I don't think it would work if they permanently leave Earth. Without the Sentinels, the hate, the fight for coexistence, the mutant warlords who want to kill all humans...etc., the Mutants are just the Inhumans with another name. That is the reason I often said the X-Men can't ever win, being hated and feared is kind of their thing.

And if they leave Earth and come back, next time things go really bad for them you will have to wonder, why don't they make another try and find a nicer planet to settle?

EDIT: Didn't mutants leave Earth in Guardians of the Galaxy 3000? Didn't they start to have human children because whatever caused the mutations to happen was at/on/in Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    EDIT: Didn't mutants leave Earth in Guardians of the Galaxy 3000? Didn't they start to have human children because whatever caused the mutations to happen was at/on/in Earth?
    Quote from Marvel Wikia about the history of Earth-691, the GotG Earth (which I didn't know, but I knoew 691 was Killraven's, they are the same world, weird). I bolded a bit...

In 1999, anti-mutant hysteria gripped the world and led to the construction of an army of upgraded, highly powerful Sentinels. The Sentinels decimated the mutant population, killing many in what would become known as the Great Injustice. A band of mutants under Magneto's leadership, known as the X-Iles, abandoned Earth to escape destruction. The group first settled on Jupiter's moon Europa, establishing a city under the northern magnetic pole, but eventually left the Sol system for the planet Haven. Namor conclusively ended the Great Injustice by sending the sentinels to a watery end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    I think all of this can be fixed if Marvel makes the X-Men property their SOLE #1 PRIORITY. Make them the A-listers in Marvel again. So that Marvel can really focus on the human vs. Mutant theme. This is impossible to do well if you have Iron Man and Cap now being A-listers running around dictating everything.
    If you're only reading Marvel in hopes of this happening, stop reading. X-Men will never be #1 again. Not unless Marvel...my mistake...Disney gets the movie rights again.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Lame remark, just lame.

By the way Bleeding Cool has withdrawn the other planet gossip. MM left the X - Office and therefore the idea is gone. That's what BC says.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    If they really wanted to show proper racism. Then they would have the average racist person fear everyone both mutant and non-mutant. Both mutant and non-mutants should be geared IMO. Considering what lead to Civil War their should have been a huge increase in racism against anyone with a superpower. A missed opportunity on Marvel part. It's not the mutant racism that I'm against. It's that there no clear way for the average person to know who is a mutant. Made worse that many are more human looking than non-mutants. Put Toro, the human torch and Firestar in a room. Who knows which of the three is a mutant. Realistically Firestar would be less frightening to the average person because of her appearance. I'm in no mood for them to rehash the same boring mutant racism trope yet again.
    Or they can have them discriminate between mutants born with something and humans who "earned" their powers or got them by "accident" and it's unfair and racist. If you were in any competitive field you'd have experienced loads of cliques hating on others over absurd technicalities.

BANNED

If that is true then im guessing they'll be heading to Weird World.

BANNED

I don't think it's meant to destroy the franchise though. I think what they think is: Star Wars sells, GoG sells, ANXM kept going despite being absolutely aimless in space and fans keep saying they loved the X-Men space sagas even though they have all been rather average imo. Except for Claremont's Brood Queen, that hag was fierce. The fact that they were odd adventures is what made them stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Or they can have them discriminate between mutants born with something and humans who "earned" their powers or got them by "accident" and it's unfair and racist. If you were in any competitive field you'd have experienced loads of cliques hating on others over absurd technicalities.
    Your right about groups and cliques and various groups hating each other. That's not how Marvel does it though. Even when humans don't have a clue who is a mutant. They automatically somehow know that whenever a person manifests and loses control of their mutant powers that it's a mutant. Which I find forced in the comics. If it was mutants and humans only it makes sense. In a world where too many people are mutant and not non-mutant it does not imo. If anything the poor mutant should be regarded as a superhuman freak with dangerous unknown powers. Not a mutant. one cannot walk teen feet without tripping over someone with powers in the MU. If post SW they somehow have a mark like in Days of Futures past. Or the knowledge of who is mutant is publically known then I can see humans fearing mutants. In a world of Doctor Doom, Absorbing Man, The Wrecking Crew, Hulk, the FF, Asgardains, Atlanteans mutants being the main focus of fear and only them unrealistic to me imo. Again the average person does not know who is a mutant. Readers forget that while we can see who is a mutant in a story. The other characters really should not imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I don't think it's meant to destroy the franchise though. I think what they think is: Star Wars sells, GoG sells, ANXM kept going despite being absolutely aimless in space and fans keep saying they loved the X-Men space sagas even though they have all been rather average imo. Except for Claremont's Brood Queen, that hag was fierce. The fact that they were odd adventures is what made them stand out.
    The cynic in me wonders if the space adventure is simply a way of saving face. Marvel is doing some poor PR with the fanbase. It feels like " see were not killing of mutants or the X-men....just sending them into space". So I can't blame some fans for being worried. It seems strange as well imo.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    So that Marvel can really focus on the human vs. Mutant theme.
    Unless they somehow remove all non-mutants no thanks. I'm simply not interested in another 30-50 years of mutants having to hide. With more "woe is us were misunderstood. Were doing nothing about it and hiding in dark shadows lamenting our fate" . With Marvel then rehashing Mags, Apoc, or some other powerful mutant who is going to wipeout humanity and found a human nation. Do something new with mutants. Make every person with a power mutant and non-mutant major victims of racism. Or make them stand out from regular humans. I'm tired of characters like the Thing getting a free pass on his appearence yet Cyclops is victimized for his powers when he looks more human.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-12-2015 at 08:38 PM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

I like the idea that MU humans treat any metahuman who manifests uncontrollable and destructive powers as a threat and believe them to be a mutant. Most non-mutant people who gain powers don't suddenly disintegrate all organic matter within a few miles, etc. That might be a basis for the hatred of the filthy muties and not of mutates. Mutants = dangerous and uncontrollable. Mutates = helpful FF and Avengers and Spider-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    If they really wanted to show proper racism. Then they would have the average racist person fear everyone both mutant and non-mutant. Both mutant and non-mutants should be geared IMO. Considering what lead to Civil War their should have been a huge increase in racism against anyone with a superpower. A missed opportunity on Marvel part. It's not the mutant racism that I'm against. It's that there no clear way for the average person to know who is a mutant. Made worse that many are more human looking than non-mutants. Put Toro, the human torch and Firestar in a room. Who knows which of the three is a mutant. Realistically Firestar would be less frightening to the average person because of her appearance. I'm in no mood for them to rehash the same boring mutant racism trope yet again.
    lol proper racism doesn't make sense. I know racist gay's who hate other non-white gays (just an example) People who are complaining that the "racism doesn't make sense" just come off as someone who doesn't understand racism/never experienced it.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Sounds like the Inhumans and Maximus and the Alpha Primitives.
    uh, No it doesn't.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Lame remark, just lame.

By the way Bleeding Cool has withdrawn the other planet gossip. MM left the X - Office and therefore the idea is gone. That's what BC says.
    No we didn't. Did you read what I wrote? We said it might be changed as a result of changing editors and writers. But it might not. We will wait to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    lol proper racism doesn't make sense. I know racist gay's who hate other non-white gays (just an example) People who are complaining that the "racism doesn't make sense" just come off as someone who doesn't understand racism/never experienced it.
    While I am white. I had a friend who was afro-american before he moved away. He hated how mutants were portrayed. He having suffered some racism found the racism in comics too selective. You think a person who is prejudiced against afro-americans is going to be racist against those in the North America and not those who live in Africa. They hate all afro-americans. In the case of mutants and non-mutants. Most racist unless they go out of their way to be selective would hate both mutants and non-mutants. They hate mutants because they have strange terrfiying powers yet non-mutants that have the same they don't. Again it's not the racism that some of us find unrealistic. It's that they target mutants and only mutants. When after the event that caused Civil War and how public it was. Their should have been a huge backlash against anyone with a super power. Mutant or otherwise. But no better to keep rehashing the boring, stale overused mutant racism trope. Let's forget about the Secret Wars and the Asgardians it's only mutants that are the problem. The Marvel Universe by it's very nature is very different. Too many people have powers of all kinds. For racists to focus on mutants and only mutants when they would hate anybody or everybody. Is to me Marvel trying to push a select brand of racism

A word of advice don't make assumptions about posters. It's the second time i have seen you do it. First in the Wolverines # 20 thread. Now in this one. I could have very well been a victim of racism. While your post would have made you look ignorant imo.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-14-2015 at 10:16 AM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.