Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Southern Bastards #9

NEW STORY ARC
    The Summer of the Bastards begins with a new arc, as the Runnin' Rebs are gearing up for the big homecoming game against arch-rival Wetumptka County.

Full preview here.

Yea buddy!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Finally! Been looking forward to this book for a while now!

Incredible Member

Just an epic preview!

spoilers:
    Decent issue, I liked the focus on a different character. And how he hates his wife and kids, apparently, because he thinks he should've escaped that town and been a famous ball player instead of living in suburbia.
    end of spoilers

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

This fucking issue was heartbreaking. I have a feeling these next few one shots are going to all kick us in the feels.

Sheriff Hardy's story was so upsetting. It took about 5 panels to hate Boss again, and what he did was just dispicable. Really looking forward to issue #10.

I'm also dying to find out what Sheriff Tubb did back in the day, because it's gotta be something terrible. Also, Bert needs to get into the big picture ASAP. Need to know about her, like, yesterday.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 06-19-2015 at 09:51 AM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

This shit is so good it's just crazy. I was amazed at how the last arc made me feel some type of sympathy for Coach boss. I didn't think that was possible before that arc. So then I read this issue and I am amazed at how I ever felt bad for him. and I guarantee you if I went back and read the last Arc again I would feel bad for him again. and then hate him again after reading this issue.

Definitely agree with the last post, we need to see Bert ASAP.

As for sheriff hardy it's definitely clear now why he came off like such a broken man, pun intended.
    On a quest to read all X-Men related comics in chronological order
    Titles I'm currently reading:
    Uncanny X-Men - X-Men v2 - X-Force - Wolverine - Deadpool - X-Treme X-Men

We cared for Coach because we weren't following the man he became, really. Still, Arron is pretty good at that, trick. Read Scalped if you haven't. He plays a lot of shades of grey there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    We cared for Coach because we weren't following the man he became, really. Still, Arron is pretty good at that, trick. Read Scalped if you haven't. He plays a lot of shades of grey there, too.
    He tricked me for sure. I found myself thinking that I can't believe he'd do such a thing a couple of times.