Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Default Zod as Superman in Gods and Monsters

Although I enjoyed Kirk Langstrum as Batman in the first preview I absolutely loved Zod as Superman. It could have easily gone so wrong, making him just a sadistic evil Superman who kills, but what we got was amazing; he wasn't evil, he was just more militant. He didn't relish killing the young Brainiac, in fact he actually tried to avoid it and even though he failed in that he honestly seemed to regret having to kill, but he did it anyway because he saw it was one life versus all the people of the city. It was a stunning moment and I can't wait to see more of this Superman.

Astonishing Member

It's not really Zod. It's another Kryptonian besides Kal-El and this one happens to be Zod's son. So he has some genetic traits from the General that come into play, but he's also someone who wasn't raised by the Kents in pleasant Smallville but rather by migrant farm workers on the lower edge of society. So we are getting a Superman who has none of the traditional things that shape his personality. While I like the migr4ant origin twist. I almost wish this Superman had a more privleged upbringing just to avoid any hint that this Superman might be less "heroic" because of his being raised by a different ethnicity.