Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMySuperman View Post
    Auguste,

How can you be sure?
    It's not my first event.
    Comics are a bit like wrestling. After a while, you just know the drill.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Is it too late to change my Username?
    Never done it myself, but I've seen peple change their Username, so you should be able to.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Never done it myself, but I've seen peple change their Username, so you should be able to.
    Probably will have to contact the administrator.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    It's not my first event.
    Comics are a bit like wrestling. After a while, you just know the drill.
    Truth, Justice and the American Dream Dusty Rhodes (RIP)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Threads View Post
    Mullet Superman lasted 'till 1996, what I remember best from that was Clark having a fruity little ponytail as a result as part of the disguise.
    Oh, dude... I forgot about that until just now. Ouch.

Also, wait, wasn't it *not* Clark Kent? Didn't he change his name or something? I forget.

BANNED

Oh, dude... I forgot about that until just now. Ouch.

Also, wait, wasn't it *not* Clark Kent? Didn't he change his name or something? I forget.
    Ah, you remember the Kenny Bravermen storyline where Clark had to go on the road with everyone and change his name for a spell. I've forgotten what it was too.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Threads View Post
    Mullet Superman lasted 'till 1996, what I remember best from that was Clark having a fruity little ponytail as a result as part of the disguise.
    The further down this rabbit hole of memory you guys are going, the more you're burying yourselves with your own word choices. I recommend digging the dirt out of your ears so you can hear yourselves speak. It isn't pretty.

Superman used the alias Nightwing while he was a crimefighter in Kandor

BOOM! Bet ya didn't know that either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The further down this rabbit hole of memory you guys are going, the more you're burying yourselves with your own word choices. I recommend digging the dirt out of your ears so you can hear yourselves speak. It isn't pretty.
    I meant nothing harsh by it, but I apologize.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly

Is this normal? Where the inevitable ever-offended person comes into a peaceful conversation and starts nitpicking about harmless things they find un-PC and what-not? Should I expect more of this down the line? I was beginning to wonder why everyone was so nice and calm. I wasn't expecting it.

Retired

Sorry. It's not usual for me to interfere. There's lots of un-PC language on these boards. The mods will sometimes let you guys know when you've carried it too far. I may have jumped the gun, but I felt strongly about this one and didn't feel like I could let it pass without voicing my objection.

You're relatively safe to say whatever you want. But speaking just for myself, I want other people to feel safe, as well.

Is this normal? Where the inevitable ever-offended person comes into a peaceful conversation and starts nitpicking about harmless things they find un-PC and what-not? Should I expect more of this down the line? I was beginning to wonder why everyone was so nice and calm. I wasn't expecting it.
    I don't think Jim was necessarily offended (Can't speak for him), however he raises a good point that we should try to be mindful of what we say to a certain degree. We should try to stay welcoming, friendly and calm to everyone, and that is part of doing that IMO.

I'm guilty as anyone of using un-pc language,but I always try to police myself. I see us all as friends having discussions here (yes, even when we may disagree) and we should try to keep things as friendly and drama free as possible.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-12-2015 at 08:02 AM.

All-New Member

Alright, guys. You're right. I'm new here and certainly don't want to be outcast on day one, so forgive me.

That being said, could we come up with another adjective to describe Clark Kent's early 90's ponytail? I propose "lame."

Alright, guys. You're right. I'm new here and certainly don't want to be outcast on day one, so forgive me.

That being said, could we come up with another adjective to describe Clark Kent's early 90's ponytail? I propose "lame."
    Lame is good. The glasses are hard enough to justify as a disguise, but to have superman show up with long hair, and then suddenly Clark Kent has a ponytail. ..and no one seemed to notice.

Ah...gotta love comics.

Retired

I always found it hard to reconcile the John Lennon from 1963 with the John Lennon from 1968. One had relatively short, dark brown hair and a chubby face. The other had long dirty blonde hair (sometimes pulled back in a ponytail), round-rimmed glasses and a gaunt face. Were they really the same person?