Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah, that pretty much puts THAT to bed.
    I'm not so sure it did put it to bed; men had to chain the bracelets together and they were 3 women, but, I'll concede, you might have a point; it was a poor move from Messner-Loebs to take it away, if that's what he did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Rucka used the Ambassador angle and got a great deal of positive reception for it. In fact his run was nominated for two Eisners, something I haven't heard about any other run. She was still helping people, just on a larger scale than before. Also 'generic, warrior superwoman'? Are you sure you're not thinking about Geoff Johns or Frank Miller
    Actually I recall at the time there was a mixed reaction to Rucka, since many found his Ambassador Diana a bit of a dull read.

Many also saw her as only a pawn of the gods plans. Stoned and Beyond the Bronze Doors especially.

And them there's the Max Lord thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    And I thoroughly agree with that assessment.

Rucka is probably the only writer who made any effort to build on the foundations Perez set down. Unfortunately, Rucka was plagued by editorial interference, and his run just came too late in the race to really make a difference. By that time, Diana had been through decades of rebuilds and needless changes and people had already lost a lot of interest in her. If Rucka's run had come right after Perez's? Or at least not long after that? Wonder Woman may very well have been in a much better state by now. Who can really tell?
    Personally I think Jimenez did a much better updating of Perez.
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-27-2014 at 02:27 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Holy crap, what is going on with Cheetah's hair in that scan?
    This is Deodato - in the 90s.

Nuff said.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Not a lot of hate at all, in fact all hate for Azzarello's run and other's stems from appreciation of this run.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    I'm not so sure it did put it to bed; men had to chain the bracelets together and they were 3 women, but, I'll concede, you might have a point; it was a poor move from Messner-Loebs to take it away, if that's what he did.
    Eh. It does say on the page that they had one of their MEN chain her. So unless they just didn't do it right, as in they didn't use the original rule that a man had to weld a length of chain between her bracelets, or the weakness was just totally removed.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Actually I recall at the time there was a mixed reaction to Rucka, since many found his Ambassador Diana a bit of a dull read.

Many also saw her as only a pawn of the gods plans. Stoned and Beyond the Bronze Doors especially.

And them there's the Max Lord thing.

Personally I think Jimenez did a much better updating of Perez.

Agreed. Phil's run seemed very much like a sequel to Perez's. He brought back Julia and Vanessa, showed Cheetah as a tactician, updated several Wonder-rogues like Giganta and Queen Clea, plus he showed Wonder Woman leading a large group of female heroes in battle against Circe and her lot of female villains.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Holy crap, what is going on with Cheetah's hair in that scan?

Lots of ratting & Aquanet.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

...to the couple of folks commenting on Perez and Diana getting her powers at birth... this wasn't a new concept. It dates back to the Silver Age....

M

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Hey is there anyway to make Diana's and Trevor's relationship work? I mean how would u want Diana and Trevor's relationship to be written? The first time was love at first sight. Is there anyway she would make the relationship to be written?
    Not love at first sight. it's too much fairy tale-ish for my taste. Some attraction, sexual tension when they first meet. maybe first kiss on paradise island. WW already attracted to him start to fall in love for Trevor because he is brave and noble. She even meet other men and women, but her heart is already with Steve. They just have to do a cool dynmic trevor helps more with his intelligence and WW do more of the hard combat work. there is many ways. I'm pretty sure a good writer can do a better story than me