Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey is there anyway to make Diana's and Trevor's relationship work? I mean how would u want Diana and Trevor's relationship to be written? The first time was love at first sight. Is there anyway she would make the relationship to be written?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    It is a silly silver age/golden age weakness that no one but oldies with overgrown bellies in their late 60 want to see come back.
    Not true; I, for one, want to see those things back. I'm pretty sure there are many others, too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Hey is there anyway to make Diana's and Trevor's relationship work? I mean how would u want Diana and Trevor's relationship to be written? The first time was love at first sight. Is there anyway she would make the relationship to be written?
    Well, I'm not interested in it, partly because I'm a Wonder Woman with Dr. Psycho pusher.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    Not true; I, for one, want to see those things back. I'm pretty sure there are many others, too.
    Pretty sure you're a small minority on that one tbh. I don't understand people like you who get some kind of pleasurable rush from seeing Wonder Woman's weakness exploited through bondage. But then again, I guess I don't care to. I'm glad that it was removed and hope it remains retconned. It was quirky and interesting for the golden era, but now it's just dumb. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Pretty sure you're a small minority on that one tbh. I don't understand people like you who get some kind of pleasurable rush from seeing Wonder Woman's weakness exploited through bondage. But then again, I guess I don't care to. I'm glad that it was removed and hope it remains retconned. It was quirky and interesting for the golden era, but now it's just dumb. lol
    I'm pretty sure I represent a large and loyal fan base; we've just been alienated away; I hope it comes back; actually, it was never retconned, just simply not exploited. You can only make so many borderline to interesting stories before it makes sense to bring it back; I think DC has just reached that threshold before they bring it back.
    Last edited by dshipp17; 05-26-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I'm pretty sure I represent a large and loyal fan base; we've just been alienated away; I hope it comes back; actually, it was never retconned, just simply not exploited. You can only make so many borderline to interesting stories before it makes sense to bring it back; I think DC has just reached that threshold before they bring it back.
    Actually I think it WAS retconned in the previous continuity.

I've been going crazy trying to find it, but I swear there was one issue of Diana's book where Diana was knocked out and then a group of villains captured her, using a male minion to chain her wrists. They BELIEVED that Diana being chained by a man would take her powers away. If I recall correctly, they were proven quite wrong, as Diana woke up and snapped the chains with the greatest of ease.

If anyone knows what issue that was, or has any scans of it, I'd appreciate it. Or, maybe I'm just crazy and this issue never happened.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

It was, and there's really no need for it to come back unless you're re-telling older stories. Don't see how re-introducing that will make her book fly off the shelves. I don't see anything interesting about bondage, and that goes for 'enchanted' bondage as well. It's just a stupid weakness. For her durability, she should be bulletproof, and she should be invulnerable to fire. So what's her weakness? She's a creature of magic, but she's still susceptible to counter spells. She can be poisoned. If weapons are laced with a magical/poisonous combo, that could do something to her.

There's a lot of things you could do than tying her damn bracelets together with scotch tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Actually I think it WAS retconned in the previous continuity.

I've been going crazy trying to find it, but I swear there was one issue of Diana's book where Diana was knocked out and then a group of villains captured her, using a male minion to chain her wrists. They BELIEVED that Diana being chained by a man would take her powers away. If I recall correctly, they were proven quite wrong, as Diana woke up and snapped the chains with the greatest of ease.

If anyone knows what issue that was, or has any scans of it, I'd appreciate it. Or, maybe I'm just crazy and this issue never happened.
    Can't think of the issue number, but it was when Artemis was Wonder Woman, and Cheetah (I think), Poison Ivy and Cheshire kidnap Diana.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Can't think of the issue number, but it was when Artemis was Wonder Woman, and Cheetah (I think), Poison Ivy and Cheshire kidnap Diana.
    Thank you! That was most helpful.

So unless you and I are both misremembering this, it should be issues #94 and #95, during Diana's biker look days. I'll see if my LCS has them, so I can try to confirm if the chaining thing did or did not happen.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

It wasn't simple tying of her bracelets but chaining the bracelets together not just chaining her. welding the chains to her bracelets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Thank you! That was most helpful.

So unless you and I are both misremembering this, it should be issues #94 and #95, during Diana's biker look days. I'll see if my LCS has them, so I can try to confirm if the chaining thing did or did not happen.
    It happened. lol

http://qweereyeonccc.blogspot.com/20...re-poison.html

Last edited by richalex; 05-26-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Yeah, that pretty much puts THAT to bed.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Why not this, the amazons getting their bracelets chained has a lot to do with why they are on the Island in the first place. It should deal with their fear of men and that Diana has now shown them not all men are evil that weakness is gone.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Holy crap, what is going on with Cheetah's hair in that scan?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Holy crap, what is going on with Cheetah's hair in that scan?
    Besides being fabulous, you mean...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES