Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

John Stewart fans only like him, because he's an African American and nothing else.

Most would say that Diana is an immortal that existed for thousands of years and just as old as the amazons in pre-flashpoint. Which isn't true, because the Amazons were given a specific task to guard dooms doorway that requires something that's beyond a human mortality to await gifts from the Gods. Diana wasn't created for that task. She's been stated to be a mortal multiple times among other characters such as Aries in Greg Rucka's run.

Superman is a flawless overpowered superhero that has never dealt with personal struggles.

Kyle Rayner's ring is more powerful than an ordinary power ring. Which isn't true. It only had advantages, but doesn't mean it's more powerful than a regular power ring.

The Grayson run is overrated. I guess readers didn't expect the series to receive impressive sales, given the fact that Dick is in a new identity other than Nightwing. So I guess it was a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    3-Jason Todd is only interesting as a villain and can’t be part of the Bat Family.
    That both Dick Grayson and Clark Kent are goody-two-shoes.

That changing existing characters can't be a good idea, not even when a reason for the change exists.

That the Amazons' culture is clearly the antice, instead of gaining more knowledge and developing over time, turning into something far more.

That Talia Al-Ghul had never feelings for Bruce Wayne and never cared for Damian.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Seems personal takes are allowed too, so alright, time to get petty as hell up in here:

Superman isn't just warm and caring. Superman - who can watch electrons orbit atoms, hear air currents crash into each other, fly from one end of the universe to the other under his own power, has spoken with and fought alongside gods, is an alien from an entire civilization of supergeniuses, with him holding all the remaining knowledge of that lost, magnificent civilization, and has personally saved all of reality a time or two - is in fact just a thoroughly ordinary dude who's unusually nice, and can do a neat things, I guess. That's why the heart of his stories is him punching guys between taking a backseat to everyone else at the Daily Planet and finding out who he really is, man, rather than the silliness of those 60s Superman books with their millions upon millions of copies of sales, or that All-Star Superman nonsense. Whereas New 52 Superman is an angry brute who isn't the real Superman, though at least he finally has a costume we sure won't all collectively be laughing at 15 years from now like the Electric Boogaloo uniform, and 'upgraded' to Wonder Woman, who's 'worthy' of him, because that's how relationships work.

Zauriel talks like faux-Thor. The post-Morrison writers sure seem to think that.

Hal Jordan's role on the Justice League (and in general for awhile now) being "the *******" makes him a charming rascal, rather than an *******.

Batman is supposed to be a down-to-Earth hero who deals with down-to-Earth threats, and him not killing said threats makes him a selfish prick.

Jason Todd, who kills people on a very regular basis and who was brought back for the sole purpose of making Batman live with the shame of having failed his protégé so horrifically he became the DCU Punisher, fits in the Bat Family as the Red Hood.

Wally West cannot objectively be said to be the best Flash.

New 52 Shazam isn't just the most thoroughly awful take on Captain Marvel imaginable.*

*(Real Voice) With the caveat there that he seems to be getting moderately better, if still punchable in Justice League in at least every other issue. But that first story, at least in the 2/3rds or so of it I read - which is enough that if he makes a sudden significant reversal in character by the end, it would take a genius to not make that seem completely artificial, and modern Geoff Johns is not that genius - was just crushingly misanthropic, cynical, stupid, charmless and generally unreadable. Though it was a perfect story for Gary Frank, who's tied with Doug Mahnke for drawing the best smirking douchebag faces in comics.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 06-13-2015 at 03:31 AM.
    Buh-bye

That the characters from JLI are one-dimensional and incompetent.

Well, aside from G'nort, who is pretty much the Jar-Jar Binks of the Justice League.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Common misconceptions? Let's see....

Post-Crisis Superman was always the self doubting emo hypocritical wimp that he became in later years.

That New 52 Superman is so different in personality that he isn't recognizable as Superman.

being married to Lois or being married period makes Superman a less exciting dynamic character.

That Lois Lane is a boring annoying shrew that isn't worthy of Superman.

Er, since I didn't see that this was in the DC forum when I put my first response in...

That Gotham Academy is a book for kids only.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Astonishing Member

That the Question was the JLU Question - wacky, affable and obsessed with conspiracies.

I mean, it's understandable - JLU!Question is a terrific character. But pre-Flashpoint/post-Crisis Question is a very different one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    That the characters from JLI are one-dimensional and incompetent.

Well, aside from G'nort, who is pretty much the Jar-Jar Binks of the Justice League.
    In fairness to G'Nort, he wasn't Jar Jar because Lucas actually thought Jar Jar would be a hit with the kids. Giffen knew G'Nort was a putz and wrote him as such. Which is why I love him.

Mighty Member

Hawkman is simultaneously too complicated and too one-note.

Superman is a boyscout and nothing else.

Hal Jordan is dumb.

Killing is Wonder Woman's first resort.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Rainmaker does not have weather powers. She just generates and fires electricity. Rainmaker is her surname.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Rainmaker does not have weather powers. She just generates and fires electricity. Rainmaker is her surname.
    Not that familiar with Gen 13 but her Wikipedia page clearly states that she can control the weather. Maybe you mean she mostly uses electricity to fight, but so does Storm.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not that familiar with Gen 13 but her Wikipedia page clearly states that she can control the weather. Maybe you mean she mostly uses electricity to fight, but so does Storm.
    Unless that's been retconned in the last ten years (which is possible), she certainly didn't have them back in the day. Something they pointed out a few times. (Image search doesn't show any instances of weather, rain or wind manipulation, either, but well, image searches aren't going to be conclusive.)

I may be wrong now.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Astonishing Member

-The idea that Bruce isn't as good/decent/kind/compassionate as Clark/Diana. Had Clark or Diana been in that tent the night the Grayson's fell Dick would have been shipped off to an orphanage. People confuse smiling and being happy with being empathetic; I don't know why they do but the do. If anything I think Bruce could teach Clark and Diana a thing or two when it comes to empathy. It's made all the more hilarious when you realize that if you fought either of the three you're far more likely to be killed by either Diana or Clark than Bruce.
    Last edited by The World; 06-14-2015 at 09:12 AM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Nu52 Supergirl is just a rageaholic with no other character development.

Liking Batman '66 is somehow lame or uncool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The funny thing is I don't recall Aquaman getting any grief when I was a kid during the '70s. It's only fairly recently that he has been turned into a joke due to out-of-context Super Friends references.
    i think it was entourage and big bang theory