Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Fun idea. Here's my team:

All-new Cyclops (the rookie and connection to the Starjammers)
    Cannonball (team leader)
    Sunspot (just tagging along)
    Smasher (Imperial Guard member, she'd be pretty important)
    Warbird (team needs a wildcard..)
    Lila Cheney (because she's awesome and is Sam's ex and needs to interact with Smasher)
    Rachel as Phoenix (because she needs to become Phoenix again and kick some ass)

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Pretty par for the course for Mystique.
    and to stay in par with Marvel writing she would be recanoned as a Skrull

I like the idea and your making me have to pick some people I really dont want to.

Rachel-because I now associate any x men space story with her
    Broo-future nova corp member
    M-because I feel like she doesnt necessarily need a space suit
    Bisop-Deathbird and Bisop 4life. Crazy is as crazy does
    Hephzibah-cat pirate space lady......nuff said
    Glob-for the laugh
    Lifeguard-have to admit this would be the perfect book to bring her back into the fray
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 12-02-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post

Psylocke
    Gambit
    Frenzy
    Chamber
    Husk
    Cypher
    Warpath

I think they make a nice range of powers and personalities...
    Fine team)

I would like that a lot!
    My team would be:
    Storm (leader)
    Psylocke
    Northstar
    Beast
    Frenzy
    Nightcrawler
    Corsair

Lilandra (as a mentor)

Gambit
    Rogue
    Madrox
    Layla Miller
    Sage
    Cypher
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Fine team)

thank you Im glad someone thinks so. The point is that theyre underdogs and a little imperfect.

and dang forgot about Sage! she'd be perfect for this as the analytical member(why I used Cypher)

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    thank you Im glad someone thinks so. The point is that theyre underdogs and a little imperfect.

and dang forgot about Sage! she'd be perfect for this as the analytical member(why I used Cypher)
    Cypher is ok. I think he and Warlock would work awesome in space team.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    Xavier's space team that went after Vulcan was pretty memorable, as was the Breakworld team and even the Legacy team with Rogue. A dedicated space team might be cool, although I remember some space teams not quite clicking with me as much, like the team that discovered Broo. I'd probably want to include some of the alien members like Kid Gladiator and Warbird as well, especially the latter as I quite enjoyed her development under Liu's Astonishing run.
    Yeah, they were pretty great.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Eh... Kinda of thin premise, but hey... So was most of Bendis's run. I think the roster solely depends on what needs to be done and who they are going after. I also don't see something like this being bigger than 5 members. Something else to take into account is the condition of the rest of the X-Men. If this idea of yours happens after they are sent off Earth, then they won't be able to spare too many of their big guns or leader types. The last point concerns some of these rosters I've seen so far... Why in the world would they take children with them willingly? I don't think some of you can separate favorites from necessary.

The situation on Earth says two things. 1. Much like Utopia every living mutant in the catalogue is available & 2. Limbo is wide open.

So, either mutants will die due to exposure to the gas (its bound to happen, some characters are going to die IF this t-mist is in fact toxic, there will have to be examples of death) or be quarantined and eventually set off Earth. At that point I guess this where the premise kicks off. This is an opportunity to not just pull favorite characters out of limbo and give them purpose, but also use shelved active characters. Keeping it at 5, here I go;

Bishop
    Maddrox
    Rachel
    Havok
    Sage

This list, while my opinion isn't just some of my favs thrown together. To be honest, none of these are my all time favs save Bishop. I even thought about inserting some non X-Men mutants like Justice.

Bishop- he's an ex-cop and like the others on this list will need some tracking and investigating experience. He's tough and has spent a lot of time in space. From another standpoint, he needs something to do.

Maddrox- like Bishop, he's an investigator, and since we're keeping this small, he can be a huge asset to the team by duping himself and sending his clones in all directions on recon. Lyla doesn't come because... Why? Not to mention they have a son (or daughter?). Doubt they'd both leave or put him in danger.

Rachel- being a multifaceted psionic makes her useful in all cases. As well as being a former hound, she's a good tracker, and like Bishop, has spent a fair amount of time in space.

Havok- the defacto leader type, he's familiar with most of the members and has been north of Earth. His mutant powers make him useful in space and... Be needs something to do.

Sage- a resident of the county of Limbo, Sage is probably the most useful, unused person there. However, would she be more useful than Forge or Dr. Nemesis? She also helps break up the sausage fest. Jokes aside, they are in space, they'll need technical support.

Other options; Firestar, Sunfire (does he breathe anymore?), Frenzy, Forge, Dr. Nemesis, Cable, Mimic, Justice, Magik (doubtful, too popular), Lifeguard
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Cable's fed up with always protecting earth from apocalyptic futures and foreign attacks so he's taking his act to space and the attack to them.

Cable
    Domino
    Deadpool
    Rachel as the Phoenix
    Kid Gladiator
    Warbird
    Dr. Nemesis

Written by Si Spurrier

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Cable's fed up with always protecting earth from apocalyptic futures and foreign attacks so he's taking his act to space and the attack to them.

Cable
    Domino
    Deadpool
    Rachel as the Phoenix
    Kid Gladiator
    Warbird
    Dr. Nemesis

Written by Si Spurrier
    That's a pretty good list

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Pretty par for the course for Mystique.
    Which is not a good thing when we the fans can pretty much predict what a character can do. Espcially one that is supposed to be so skilled at being "unpredictable". That being said she would make a good foe for a space based X-team. One they could even join forces with when the need arises. As knowing Marvel their always someone worse than Mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post

Cable
    Domino
    Deadpool
    Rachel as the Phoenix
    Kid Gladiator
    Warbird
    Dr. Nemesis

Written by Si Spurrier
    Thirded. While showcasing other lesser characters as well.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

It would be quite fascinating to have a space team, although you would need a good hook to make it work. I like the idea of including Bishop in it. Add Rachel, Cypher, Warlock, Cerise, Kid Gladiator, Lifeguard, T-Bird III, Darwin and I'm sold.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

No thanks. X-Men in space only works as a temporary reprieve from normal business (mutant stuff).

If I want X-related space opera, give me Starjammers (without Tyke) or nothing.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier