Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman in Justice League: Gods and Monsters *Spoilers*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWL...ature=youtu.be

Well, I think I really don't like what they've done with her.

There is absolutely nothing reminiscent of what Wonder Woman stands for and what she is, other than the names they used. They might as well have called her something else.

I don't like the characterization, I don't like that she seems to be powered down. No more lasso of truth, no more bracelets BUT a mjolnir-like sword that may just be her motherbox that has shapeshifted.

Some might like it, but I don't. On the contray, I liked the short they did with Superman, he still seemed Superman to me, here, this Wonder Woman has nothing wonderous about her.
    Last edited by enish; 06-12-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

And we're, what? Surprised?

It's Bruce Timm. He-who-couldn't-do-justice-to-Wonder-Woman-if-his-life-depended-on-it.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 06-12-2015 at 12:10 PM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member

No offense to Jack Kirby. But I don't really care for the New Gods.

So this does absolutely nothing for me. Nothing about it says Wonder Woman to me.

BANNED

Another overbearingly confident cookie cutter chick with a smirk on her face and not much else. Also she'll let you know she doesn't need men because she's a strong and sexually independent female which will probably be the theme of all her dialogue. Her motivations will probably be unclear, she'll just stand beside her Master aka Superman while he executes his agenda.
    Last edited by Aula_Magna; 06-12-2015 at 12:28 PM.

BANNED

I liked it... i love New Gods, so i'm very much in to this new New God Wonder Woman. I thought she looked like Big Bardaish when i saw her for the first time btw.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    Another overbearingly confident cookie cutter chick with a smirk on her face and not much else. Also she'll let you know she doesn't need men because she's a strong and sexually independent female which will probably be the theme of all her dialogue. Her motivations will probably be unclear, she'll just stand beside her Master aka Superman while he executes his agenda.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! How do you manage to insert NOT-Superman in this when B. Timm made it clear that NOT-Wonder Woman is getting freaky with Steve? Some things never change. The guy even cut ultra important scenes between Clark and Diana in 'The New Frontier'. I can only imagine what a Kingdom Come adaptation by B.T. would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I liked it... i love New Gods, so i'm very much in to this new New God Wonder Woman. I thought she looked like Big Bardaish when i saw her for the first time btw.
    I thought that she was supposed to be Ares's daughter in this.

BT changed that because he thought the the Greek gods background didn't work with what they envisionned.

BANNED

I like it. Reminded me of Jack Kirby's Thor alot too!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I thought that she was supposed to be Ares's daughter in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    BT changed that because he thought the the Greek gods background didn't work with what they envisionned.
    I guess what enish said... i really don't know anything about these new takes... all i know is what i watched in the 3 videos. And Wonder Woman has a mother box and travels through boomtubes, she really looks like big barda and only New Gods have motherboxes...

Apparently the general audience seems to like this version of Wonder Woman. I have voiced my strong opposition to this, but most of people shut me down XD.

Bekka just does what she wants

BANNED

I don't really get why people complain over this depiction:

-Batman here is Kirk Langstrom AKA Man-Bat
    -Superman is Zod
    -This Wonder Woman is Bekka of the New Gods

It's supposed to be different takes on the mantles of these characters, ergo they will be different than what we are used to.

Anyways, I don't personally get why 'Wonder Woman' in this universe is not Circe, Shim'Tar, Artemis or even Barbara Mineva. Like Man-bat and Zod are established adversaries of Batman and Superman, Bekka however has never been in the same panel as Diana. But I suppose the New Gods had to be crowbared into this somewhere.

I quite like the Giganta as a giant robot however. It does all the things the normal Giganta does, but Wonder Woman can cut loose on it without risk of killing someone, and still risk seeing the big bot return later after being rebuilt.

well; for starters, she's not called Bekka here, she's still Diana, unless I'm mistaken!

She is a new God and the wife of Orion. Batman is a vampire.