Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Transfered from WW boards:

I liked this preview. Much better than the sneak peek suggested. I'm hoping that this scene take place after the sneek.

Diana protective of Clark: LOVE! And this is no 'tumblr agenda' or other such nonsense. She was protective of Clark pre52 and is now, even when he is at full power, because she is the better fighter.

Diana's dialogue: I've written about this a few times, so I'm not being a devil's advocate: Soule's dialogue for Diana sometimes rubbed me wrong. Sometimes I felt like she was declaring too much. Thing is, Soule and now Tomasi are establishing a pattern that began with Johns in Justice League:

Clark,

Face me, my dear one,

And unveil the grace in thine eyes.

Diana.

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoma...-to-some#notes

This Diana is poetic and lyrical. It's a personality trait now. It's canon. Deal with it.

About her wearing his T-shirt. Well, we SM/WW fans want to see Clark wearing and using WW t-shirt and other stuff as well. He has to be her Nr1 fanboy. I also think we should get Clark's inner thoughts about Diana as well.

Overall, this preview was very good. Truth could be turning out better than I could ever have hoped for. Action was excellent, BM/SM was great, SM/WW is promissing, and my most eagerly anticipated title, Superman, had the best preview/Sneak peek.

However, I hope to see more of Diana's world in this arc. How? Siracca is the most obvious choice to help them. Artemis. Zola can be in the shenanigans as well. Hermes, Hera, Hessia. The characters are perfect for this arc. Clark's problems but with Diana's world helping and/or complicating. It would be perfect. Heck, Strife could be in the run for big bad behind the scenes. Though I think it's Max Lord behind it all.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I love whatever Mahnke's been doing in this title. It's really good to see him get to do more Wonder Woman, I've liked his depiction since JLA, up through Final Crisis.

But man, rough couple weeks aside, Clark and Diana are a pretty effing milquetoast couple. Their jobs are interesting, but their relationship is BORRRRING. Ooh, let's go out to dinner and you can try on some glasses as a disguise. Oh, let's do stuff affluent middle and upper class people do! Yes, let us do so! We'll take taxi cabs and drink vino and go downtown and I'll wear a tie and you wear a cocktail dress. Tra-la-la.

Clark "I live in Hob's Bay" and fight for the little guy Kent. Take the subway. Go to a diner over in Suicide Slum that real people frequent. Go dutch (I can't imagine Wonder Woman ever not going dutch.)
    This post makes me giggle because I see some fans complaining online Clark and Diana stealing all from clois so...so maybe both couple pretty boring. Just depends where you stand.
    Last edited by hellacre; 06-12-2015 at 05:51 PM.

My pov is this is a lovely preview. The art is amazing. I think artist, colorist all finally sync with Mahnke now. I love Diana's voice here. It's a very hard time Clark and it's reflected in what she says and she's determined to protect him. Sometime she did all the time back in old canon too. Love her elegant regal way of expressing herself. She is not Lana or Lois. She is from another culture...centuries old...she did not grow up in the US and if anything she probably has a slight British/exotic accent because she resides in London.

The little things we getting here...in terms of the timeline and all that happened...and then Lana/Steel and the Preview to know how it all fits...very eager to read this issue.

Beautiful artwork, awesome writing and fantastic characterization.

It is evident now, from this preview alone, that Tommasi and Mahnke are solidly finding their place in this title. These guys have the potential to produce something really epic here. Looking forward to the ride ahead.

Ah, a bed scene. Not as cool as the deleted Tony Daniel panel but nice to see nonetheless that this is an adult relationship between Diana and Kal.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    Ah, a bed scene. Not as cool as the deleted Tony Daniel panel but nice to see nonetheless that this is an adult relationship between Diana and Kal.
    Adult? I dare you to read Superman's dialogue with Chris Rock's accent!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    What is the significance of the term "adult" relationship? Sex isn't something limited to adults. Teenagers can, and do, have sex. Do you mean physical relationship?

BANNED

A detail that has loved this view. Diana stroking the tips of the fingers to Clark's forehead. It is purely a gesture of love. She could stroke his chest, his shoulders or anything remetes this sexual. But no, she prefereriu caress the Clark's face. This shows that she is admiring your loved one and this house scene very well with the part of "I'm your watchman and no evil will achieve it while breathing"

I was very touched. It will not be the weakest title of "Truth" will be one of the best!
    All I know is looking forward to this issue.

I have to say I'm a little surprised Lana hasn't gone into hiding after Clark got outed as Superman. Seems more than a little reckless to me. If nothing else get out of Smallville for awhile, everyone close to Clark would be a target, he's too big a figure in a job that created real enemies that would use people close to him for both information as well as leverage and or flat out revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I have to say I'm a little surprised Lana hasn't gone into hiding after Clark got outed as Superman. Seems more than a little reckless to me. If nothing else get out of Smallville for awhile, everyone close to Clark would be a target, he's too big a figure in a job that created real enemies that would use people close to him for both information as well as leverage and or flat out revenge.
    Well from Action it seems many ordinary people are defiantly going to be standing openly supporting Clark. Kentville is a target if you think about it too but it doesn't stop Jimmy and many others showing the authorities who they side with. If a hero is going to not hide behind a mask ( we have lots of heroes in the DC and Marvel verse who conduct their lives without IDs and do just fine) he has to deal and know that people could use who he cares for to hurt him. Goes with the job. In real life cops have face this to some extent.
    Last edited by hellacre; 06-13-2015 at 04:06 AM.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

This issue reminded me why I love Mahnke's art. He absolutely killed it here. His facial expressions are striking. Great issue as well. It's good to see Smallville's part in the arc.

That last page got me scared.

R.I.P.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Fantastic art and I'll even stick up for the crap dialogue since some writers do prefer to make Wonder Woman talk stilted and dry, I'm not a fan of that but I've noticed it a lot lately.

All that said, they really are so unwilling to make Superman/Wonder Woman an interesting couple. If it's just physical, that's okay, but tell us. If it's really a whirl wind romance, nobody who's written this book knows what a whirl wind romance is. Oy vey.

This just made me wish Clark was with Lana. Pak has done a lot of cool stuff with Lana and he manages to do so without tossing Lois under the bus like a lot of writers do (nothing makes me more angry), but in that one panel alone Lana comes off as more interesting than either of the heroes. I'm not even opposed to Clark and Diana as a power couple, just make it interesting and show us WHY beyond the whole juvenile "It's Superman and Wonder Woman...and guess what! They have sex!"
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-17-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Fantastic art and I'll even stick up for the crap dialogue since some writers do prefer to make Wonder Woman talk stilted and dry, I'm not a fan of that but I've noticed it a lot lately.

All that said, they really are so unwilling to make Superman/Wonder Woman an interesting couple. If it's just physical, that's okay, but tell us. If it's really a whirl wind romance, nobody who's written this book knows what a whirl wind romance is. Oy vey.

This just made me wish Clark was with Lana. Pak has done a lot of cool stuff with Lana and he manages to do so without tossing Lois under the bus like a lot of writers do (nothing makes me more angry), but in that one panel alone Lana comes off as more interesting than either of the heroes. I'm not even opposed to Clark and Diana as a power couple, just make it interesting and show us WHY beyond the whole juvenile "It's Superman and Wonder Woman...and guess what! They have sex!"
    Slow clap.

Agree with everything, although I actually like John Henry with Lana....so I wouldn't want to see Clark date her again at their detriment.

All in all, after the weak opening dialogue wise...not bad. I love it when the writers use the characters Loeb created for SUPERMAN FOR ALL SEASONS. I'd like to think a version of that story happened in New 52/DC You continuity, especially the SMALLVILLE stuff. I also like how the people in Smallville, although understandably are "punch drunk" with all the that's happened to them the last while, they aren't surprised and shocked and angry at the revelation, and they ultimately still see Clark as one of their own. I kind of hope that if at the end of this they somehow put the secret ID back in play, that the people of SMALLVILLE will still remember somehow.

So far, I'd say that SM/WW will likely still be the weak link in the chain of TRUTH and it's follow-ups....however if it's the quality of this issue, not by much. Quality stuff over all.

and man....spoilers:
    Digging up Clark's parents and Grand Parents...AND The farm???? Whoever is behind all this is playing hardball!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-17-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Loved the issue. Way better than Batman/Superman imo. The art is super. And real gut wrenching stuff for Clark to deal with and Diana is awesome. Tomasi nailed her. Clark is lucky to have this woman in his life. Can't wait for Diana to meet Lana...seems Diana's pov is much like Lana's in a way... accepting Clark as he is. But clearly life is not as simple as it was when he was younger.
    Last edited by hellacre; 06-17-2015 at 09:45 AM.