Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Here is some stuff around the Internet, currently, about Vampirella or featuring Vampirella:

http://geekswithwives.com/a-bloody-g...lood-3-review/

A great review for Swords of Sorrow: Vampirella/Jennifer Blood #3. Personally, I loved the issue and can't wait till issue four. It will be Vampirella vs Chastity! Sounds awesome!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...nifer-blood-3/

Speaking of SoS: Vampirella/Jennifer Blood #3, here is a little bit of the art process for the issue. Dave Acosta is an amazing artist. I would not mind him doing the new Vampirella series. What do you guys think if he ended up the new solo artist?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...comment-anchor

Also looks like we will be getting another cosplay cover, this time for Swords of Sorrow #4. I think these ladies did an awesome job, love that they are getting two covers. Do you like the idea of cosplay covers? I think it's an interesting idea.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...sergio-davila/

And last, but not least, you guys can read issue one of Swords of Sorrow free on Bleeding Cool! So if you have not had a chance to check it out, please do. Its the best summer event in comics, in my opinion haha.

I hope it's ok that I am posting this, I am not doing it to bump the thread or anything just sharing some news. Sorry if it is. Please let me know haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Nancy did an interview for Bleeding Cool about her last issue of Vampirella.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...th-vampirella/

Sounds like a cool final issue to Nancy's run! I hope that some of her future ideas get taking into the new writers plan somewhat.

I am looking forward to the next chapter for Vampirella, but I am sad to see Nancy go though, her run on the series is my favorite, and got me into Vampirella.

What do you guys think?
    Pulls:

So Groupees had a chat with the Senior Editor of Dynamite. I (Dylan Davison) asked him some questions about the new series as well as a question about Vampirella new series and it's connection to Nancy's run. He had this to say:

Some chat happened in between talking about Nancy's run on Vampirella. Caught him right as he was leaving haha.

So looks like we will hear more soon, maybe. At BCC or NYCC. Which is awesome. Also these series will be here early 2016! Yay! He also talked about them having the creative teams all set, it's just about finalizing a date and some other stuff.

Looks like the new Vampirella series is not a reboot, for sure, it won't wipe Nancy's run, but it is something new. I am looking forward to it, early 2016! Now I can't wait for the next few Cons.

I want to thanks Dynamite, Joe and Groupees for hosting this chat.
    Pulls:

Here is the new look and logo for the new Vampirella series!

It will be written by Kate Leth, who Gail Simone picked (as she is leading the three new series). I trust Gail, so while I have not read any of Leth's comics, I'm hopeful! I love the new design, and the premise sounds awesome!

Vampirella #1, debuting in March 2016, will feature the writing talents of Kate Leth (Adventure Time, Bravest Warriors), and see a return to the character's roots as a horror hostess, as her costumed identity goes public... while privately, she uses her new celebrity status to uncover the links between silver screen killers and a real conspiracy of monsters.

Kate Leth, writer of the new Vampirella, says, "Vampirella takes Hollywood! In this new and twisted take on the classic horror queen, Vampi moves to the City of Angels to find more than a few demons in the mix. Along with her paramour/werewolf Tristan and trusty butler Coleridge, she begins to investigate mysterious disappearances in the shadowy world of B-movies and the monsters who make them. All the while, she finds herself a sudden sensation after a video of her monster-hunting in her classic ensemble goes viral. Can Vampirella be both a cult icon on the rise and take down an empire of ghouls and ghosts? Signs point to: Hell yes!"

Regarding the redesign of one of comics' most iconic costumes, Nicola Scott says, "Vampirella was a lot of fun. We could actually make her modern, with some retro influence. I liked the idea of keeping her in a one-piece but making it a leather jumpsuit with her logo embroidered on the back. Part biker, part roller-derby. I hope to see cosplayers in this one ASAP!"

Vampirella is a raven-haired heroine who remains, even after 45 years of publication, one of the comic industry's leading ladies, due in no small part to Dynamite Entertainment's stewardship of the character. Since Vampirella's very healthy resurgence in 2010, Dynamite has published two volumes of a monthly series, several miniseries and one-shot specials, and crossovers with multimedia brands and comic book peers. The Vampirella franchise is a haven for writers and artists with a penchant for the macabre.
    I can't wait! I'm so excited to get more Vampirella!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 10-05-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    Pulls:

Mixed feeling really. Unfamiliar with Kate Leth but the pitch sounds fun what with the Hollywood monsters. Glad its following up on Nancy Collins run too.

Not convinced by the new look though. Might look better in interiors but its very Claire Redfield. I mean, where are her wings gonna sprout from? :P

After the first 2 Masters volume,I have mixed feeling.It wasn't terrible,but I expected more from Morrison,Millar and Ellis.