Page 9 of 114 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    Hummingbird turned to the Hawkman. "Calm down. These people aren't our enemies. Any fight we may have had with them is all a misunderstanding. Save your aggression for the real enemies when we find them."
    "I AM calm. And based on what our "guides" said, the real enemies lay within our group."
    GLORIOUS!

Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

PRE UPDATE
    Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Thor's boisterous arrival brought Circe out of her meditative state.

"Ah. Another 'god' deigns to join us. Lovely."
    "Woman, I can assure you I am who I claim to be. Who might you be?"

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "Well, you're spirited, Thor. That's definitely welcome" Clark said. Bat-Kudo spat on the ground
    "We shall need all our spirits if we are to prevail in this conflict. I see you are another being of thunder and lightning. Truly, the thunderers of reality seem to be brave warriors all!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    The Monitor interjects, "You have two missions. Contemplate Batman's death and determine the culprits. Recover the Book of Eternity and the Sword of Night. Try not to disturb that reality too much."
    Thor moved to the remains of Batman, where he said a prayer for the elevation of his spirit to Asgard. Truly, it was a tragedy beyond belief whenever the young were slaughtered. Silently, he vowed to avenge his death.

"What I'm doing is a trick right now. My bio-electrical field has expanded and the energy output will render us all invisible to these people's eyes" he told them.
    As the others had all been picked up, Thor followed suit, flying to the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    "I have the gift of flight, thanks to Lord Thor - well, the Thor who visited me on my world, as a boon to my father He-No. Who do I need to carry with me?"
    Thor beamed at Araki, stating "A man who is deemed worthy to wield the power of Thor! Thou will surely come to show us that Thoust were not chosen poorly!"

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    Ultra Rogue remained conspicuously quiet as The Mighty Thor announced his presence in his usual grandiose fashion. She tensed up, a nervous hand placed about her opposite bicep.
    Their first... and last... encounter did not go well for the Thunder God, a fact her body language wore plainly.
    Thor took note of a woman looking remarkably similar to his ally, Rogue.

"Thou came from Castle Xanadu, yes?" he asked, his voice sounding like the gnashing of blades and the whistling of fire.
    The knight looked at Circe, then Sage, drawing his sword. The lights of his eyes seemed to burn for a split second as he aimed the sword up toward the sky.

"You should know better than to try and gain entrance into Camelot with one of your 'creations' after what you tried with Arthur and his wife, sea-witch! SHAZAM! the Black Knight said, after which a thunderbolt hit him and the armor began to shine. He floated and darted towards Circe and Sage, sword raised overhand.
    Standing at the epicenter of the mystically elemental blast knocked Ultra Rogue clean off her feet and yards away. Her body almost dug a trench into the earth beneath them as she careened through a few thick tree trunks before coming to a stop. She barely had the time to switch to hyper-invulnerability-- it was a good thing thunder has as noisy a tell as any attack.

"That settles it! When ah'm done with you that armor won't be fit for carryin' sardines."

With the aid of her X-Legion Flight Belt and a quick burst of hyper-speed, Ultra Rogue was back in the brawl. She switched back to hyper-strength, and with all the built up momentum, tackled the Black Knight in the spine!
    "You deign to question my wisdom you haURMPH!" Black Knight said as he was tackled to the ground. He quickly recovered and socked Ultra Rogue off of him

"Off, skunk woman!""
    Thor was flying towards the field when the group was attacked. Seeing his ally Rogue ambushed by yet ANOTHER Lord of Thunder incensed Thor. Quickly, Thor Whirled his hammer, hurling it at the Black Knight from the air. As Mjolnir traveled towards the Black Knight, crackling with Lightning, Thor himself landed behind the Black Knight, as to surround him.

"How dare thee attack my fellow Avenger?! HOW DARE THEE CALL UPON THAT WHICH I COMMAND TO HARM MY ALLY?!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    "You deign to question my wisdom you haURMPH!" Black Knight said as he was tackled to the ground. He quickly recovered and socked Ultra Rogue off of him

"Off, skunk woman!"
    With impressive hyper-speed, the mutant-eternal kip-upped to her feet, and zipped around the Black Knight, eventually grasping his helmet by the visor and spinning it with disorienting force. All the strength in the world doesn't matter so much when you can't see.

"Ah'm gonna let that one slide 'cause we just met," she said, readying to deliver a devastating punch when...

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Thor was flying towards the field when the group was attacked. Seeing his ally Rogue ambushed by yet ANOTHER Lord of Thunder incensed Thor. Quickly, Thor Whirled his hammer, hurling it at the Black Knight from the air. As Mjolnir traveled towards the Black Knight, crackling with Lightning, Thor himself landed behind the Black Knight, as to surround him.

"How dare thee attack my fellow Avenger?! HOW DARE THEE CALL UPON THAT WHICH I COMMAND TO HARM MY ALLY?!
    The blinded Black Knight was helpless to Mjolnir's impact. It struck him back, right into Ultra Rogue's waiting arms. She pushed at his midsection, effortlessly lifting him up into the air.

"Thor's got a heck of a way of callin' you out, but there ain't much more satisfying--"

Ultra Rogue leaped into the air, and with one mighty slam, stuck the Black Knight into the ground like he was a wooden signpost. His upper body writhed as she pressed down on his helmet with her heel.

"--than a good put-down. Heh. Ah oughta pluck you like a vegetable."
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 06-18-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

With impressive hyper-speed, the mutant-eternal kip-upped to her feet, and zipped around the Black Knight, eventually grasping his helmet by the visor and spinning it with disorienting force. All the strength in the world doesn't matter so much when you can't see.

"Ah'm gonna let that one slide 'cause we just met," she said, pushing against his midsection and lifting him up overhead. "But as long as you're into put-downs--"

Ultra Rogue leaped into the air, and with one mighty slam, stuck the Black Knight into the ground like he was a wooden siggnpost. His upper body writhed as she pressed down on his helmet with her heel.

"Ah oughta pluck you like a vegetable."
    Thor waved at Ultra Rogue, smiling

"Well met my friend! Truly there are few I have met as skilled as thyself in combat!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "So you are Sir Lancelot? Then you know King Arthur. It is vitally important that we meet with him." Hummingbird said. "The fate of countless worlds depends on it."
    "I can tell from the way your heart beats that you speak the truth, woman. I am he, Lancelot of Kent and I will help you and yours with this grand task you have" he told her, standing up and steadying himself, still woozy from the red sun shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post
    With predatory precision, the Weaver entered the Web and apparated in the trajectory of the Squire's dodge, ready to strike.

But something grabbed his attention, and he stopped his advance, choosing to ignore the impact or next strike the Squire would likely make.

The bright blue Superman's clone zipped nearby, and The Weaver's fingers danced in a greeting wave.

...CLARK SPARKS COMRADE IN ARMS YOU WAR-TIME HAN-BLUE HERMESIAN HAVE YOU NEWS FROM THE NORTHERN FRONT A MESSAGE TO BARE HAVE YOU SLAIN MANY AND ALL WHO STAND IN THE WAY OF THE TOME WE SEEK...
    "I bring news yes but none are slain. We've reached an agreement with Lancelot and he should be able to convince his fellow knights. Speaking of which, is this one of them?" Clark asked Weaver, pointing at the (now) human sized Squire Parquagh.

"How do I explain this to Aunt Mayworth?" he asked through his spider head, whining like the young teen he was. Clark patted his head and pointed at Lancelot, which the boy took as his cue to go and catch up with his mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    After tossing a random knight out a nearby open window, Hawkman approaches Lancelot.

"It would be wise not stall any further. Bring out the mage or I may not be able to restrain myself for what may happen next. And you would not like it if I cannot restrain myself."
    Lancelot stood up and stared Hackman dead in his eye. The knight cut an imposing figure just like the savage Thanagarian at his full height.

"Empty threats, Birdman" Lancelot told him, his hand stayed by the words of Hummingbird and Roy

An entry from Roy Lincoln's Satellite Journal

With Lancelot now on our side, it seemed as if our chances for finding the artifacts had increased greatly.

"Rushing to Camelot now seems to be the wrong course of action. Since Lancelot now seems to have his wits about him, we should follow him to Camelot. Our arrival should go much smoother if he leads the way and introduces us."
    "Verily. I will lead you all, just let me collect my comrade and squire" he told him. Lancelot saw Clark talking to Parquagh and the boy walking up to him. He then faced forward to see...

"Ah'm gonna let that one slide 'cause we just met," she said, readying to deliver a devastating punch when...

The blinded Black Knight was helpless to Mjolnir's impact. It struck him back, right into Ultra Rogue's waiting arms. She pushed at his midsection, effortlessly lifting him up into the air.

"Thor's got a heck of a way of callin' you out, but there ain't much more satisfying--"

Ultra Rogue leaped into the air, and with one mighty slam, stuck the Black Knight into the ground like he was a wooden signpost. His upper body writhed as she pressed down on his helmet with her heel.

"--than a good put-down. Heh. Ah oughta pluck you like a vegetable."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie616 View Post

"Well met my friend! Truly there are few I have met as skilled as thyself in combat!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Jumping out of the Weaver's lap, Dex-Starr approached the Black Knight. "Why you hurrrtuss? I good kitty. We good guysss. We hunt bad dogsss. Like thessse," he hissed, conjuring up an image of a hypertime hound as he imagined it might look.

"Ssstop fighting usss! Join usss! Fight bad guysss! Or Dex-Starr ssscrrratch!"
    Black Knight, or Adam as he was known to Lancelot, planted in the ground. The double of Clark that rushed up there stared curiously at Black Knight, then Lancelot. Lancelot outstretched his hand and shook his head.

"Our fight will not reignite. Adam is one who many would consider to 'strike first, ask questions later"

"I did ask first, Lancelot!" he shouted as his fellow knight pulled him up.

"I heard. It seems we have had a misunderstanding and these beings are not the threat promised to come to our kingdom by Xanadu. They are heroes looking to save countless worlds with the help of our king, Arthur. Now, we will guide them back to Camelot, friend Adam" Lancelot said, taking to the air. Adam looked back at them, huffed, then walked forward.

"Follow us, strangers. You will have audience with the king it seems" Adam/Black Knight told them. Clark looked at his team, then the knights (and bugged out squire) ahead of them.

"Good work so far folks, now we just need to talk to the king" he told them, flashing a bright smile. Within moments, they reached the gates of Camelot. Lancelot puts up a hand signal, and the drawbridge comes down.

"Common courtesy, even though most of you are gifted with flight it seems" he told them. The group walked into the castle, and would see spectacular designs all over. The splendor of worldly and otherworldly wealth would astound them. Jewels, of every earthly color, tapestries sprinkled with diamonds showing Arthur's rise to power, pulling the sword and being signified as the chosen one. Then they would come around the inauspicious round table where sat King Arthur, hands clasped, body covered in orange and green chainmail, piercing blue eyes.

"I see you have brought back the strangers from Castle Xanadu, Lancelot and Adam. I take it they are not her creationsor Bizarroes like that of Alchemist Luthor "" he said, voice level in tone, eyes observing each of our heroes and his Knights

"Yes sir. They're actually from another world and on a mission to save countless others, but they need our help it seems" Lancelot said, bowing with Adam.
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-18-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

"Good work so far folks, now we just need to talk to the king" he told them, flashing a bright smile. Within moments, they reached the gates of Camelot...
    "Let's just hope this Camelot can help us, and it doesn't turn out to be a silly place." Linda said, trying to take her mind off her worries with a reference joke.

"Th-thanks," Rogue managed to stammer, still uncomfortable, "You, uh, y'ain't so bad yourself with that mallet."

It must have been the adrenaline of a good fight that prevented her from freezing up as soon as Thor joined in. Rogue paused, thinking back to something he had said only a moment ago.

"Ah musta been hit a li'l too hard by th' Knight back there... did you really say 'fellow Avenger'?"

"...strikes me as a mite unlikely, multiverse or no."

"I see you have brought back the strangers from Castle Xanadu, Lancelot and Adam. I take it they are not her creationsor Bizarroes like that of Alchemist Luthor "" he said, voice level in tone, eyes observing each of our heroes and his Knights

"Yes sir. They're actually from another world and on a mission to save countless others, but they need our help it seems" Lancelot said, bowing with Adam.
    Harbinger approaches the king. "We have a simple task, milord. We are all on a quest to save the known realms--this one and so many beyond it. We ourselves are all from different realms, united in this task. To vanquish a great evil, we must make two items your wizard, the Stranger Merlin, has in his possession--the Sword of Night, and the Book of Eternity."

"You can act?"

"One of my many talents."

The observant--or should I say easily distracted--within the group may notice that while Harbinger speaks, Queen Guinemera is making eyes at Lancelot, and he is responding in kind.

The king, focused on Harbinger, replies, "Bold claims. The request is bolder still. But I shall not speak for Merlin. If you have need of objects in his possession, you must ask him."

"HALT!" exclaims the wizard, walking towards them. "I am uncertain of your intent. The future is clouded, as if some tremendous problem makes the future itself uncertain. You may be the cause, your quest may be the cause, or it may be something else. Nevertheless, since I cannot gleam your purpose, I have cast a spell upon my chambers. I shall guide ONE representative of your group there, and if the spell sees him as worthy, he will enter unharmed and may claim the items you seek. But no more and no less, dare you jeopardize my ability to defend this realm."

The king, focused on Harbinger, replies, "Bold claims. The request is bolder still. But I shall not speak for Merlin. If you have need of objects in his possession, you must ask him."

"HALT!" exclaims the wizard, walking towards them. "I am uncertain of your intent. The future is clouded, as if some tremendous problem makes the future itself uncertain. You may be the cause, your quest may be the cause, or it may be something else. Nevertheless, since I cannot gleam your purpose, I have cast a spell upon my chambers. I shall guide ONE representative of your group there, and if the spell sees him as worthy, he will enter unharmed and may claim the items you seek. But no more and no less, dare you jeopardize my ability to defend this realm."
    "Him?" Hummingbird asked, noting the pronoun that if taken literally would exclude herself, Circe, and Ultra Rogue. "But how will you know who is the right person to guide to your chamber?"

PRE UPDATE

"Woman, I can assure you I am who I claim to be. Who might you be?"

"I do not doubt your deification. I merely have little use for gods and less reason to trust most of them. I am Queen Circe of Aeaea."
    "Uh yes! Let us fight beast! Have at th... the terrified Squire Parquagh, having seen the apparition he did when his uncle died, found the Weaver to be larger. Much larger. Circe's spell had transmogrified him into a spider. He was now the man who had become a spider and all he had to say was

"Ee?" as he scuttled out from under his garb and weapons. Despite his fear, he jumped on Weaver, poking harmlessly (but he didn't think so) at the beings torso.

Parquagh shouted things at her, expletives and harsh remarks. They sounded like static at his tiny size while he continued to valiantly bat at Weaver, who had disappeared from sight...

and the squire deftly dodged, a ball of red and blue hopping out of the way.

"My apologies, little one. This form was not my intent. I'd change you back if you promise to behave, but I think it far wiser to ask your Merlin. My magic seems to be less predictable here."
    Last edited by Nschornhorst; 06-19-2015 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post

"My apologies, little one. This form was not my intent. I'd change you back if you promise to behave, but I think it far wiser to ask your Merlin. My magic seems to be less predictable here."
    Parquagh looked over his new form, then at Circe with a bit of curiosity.

"While it is a bit cumbersome and ungainly-Maiden Mary-Jane will probably not wish to see me like this-it has given me inspiration on what my title as a knight will be, Sea wi-I mean Circe, Queen of Aeaea! Your highness! he said, scurrying over to the table to stand by Sir Lancelot's seat.

The observant--or should I say easily distracted--within the group may notice that while Harbinger speaks, Queen Guinemera is making eyes at Lancelot, and he is responding in kind.

"Aww c'mon Da-Lancelot, y'better than that! She's the queen for Vohc's sake" Clark whispered as he saw the queen and his Father's counterpart making googly eyes. He'd traversed many worlds, but seeing a parent engaged in illicit behavior was still jarring for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "Him?" Hummingbird asked, noting the pronoun that if taken literally would exclude herself, Circe, and Ultra Rogue. "But how will you know who is the right person to guide to your chamber?"

"Maybe it's the Thunder God, Thor?" Clark posited to Linda on the "worthy" theory
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-19-2015 at 01:06 AM.

Parquagh looked over his new form, then at Circe with a bit of curiosity.

"While it is a bit cumbersome and ungainly-Maiden Mary-Jane will probably not wish to see me like this-it has given me inspiration on what my title as a knight will be, Sea wi-I mean Circe, Queen of Aeaea! Your highness! he said, scurrying over to the table to stand by Sir Lancelot's seat.

"Then, I am pleased some good has come of this mishap. I shall inform Merlin of the spell I attempted and give him any information he should need to restore you."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks View Post
    "Aww c'mon Da-Lancelot, y'better than that! She's the queen for Vohc's sake" Clark whispered as he saw the queen and his Father's counterpart making googly eyes. He'd traversed many worlds, but seeing a parent engaged in illicit behavior was still jarring for him.

"No matter the reality, some stories remain the same. Kingship and bridal arrangements are complicated matters of statecraft. I don't wish to judge the Queen, Ser Sparks, but the love between Gwynhefar and Galahad has always led to Camelot's sorrow." Arak contributed.

"No matter the reality, some stories remain the same. Kingship and bridal arrangements are complicated matters of statecraft. I don't wish to judge the Queen, Ser Sparks, but the love between Gwynhefar and Galahad has always led to Camelot's sorrow." Arak contributed.
    Clark kept his voice low, whispering on a frequency that only Arak and a few others could hear as the man told him how things always worked in this myth.

"S'ok Arak. Just still a bit weird to encounter a different version of my parents and see them do things like this. I tell myself different world different person but still, it can be a bit jarring, your highness"

Clark kept his voice low, whispering on a frequency that only Arak and a few others could hear as the man told him how things always worked in this myth.

"S'ok Arak. Just still a bit weird to encounter a different version of my parents and see them do things like this. I tell myself different world different person but still, it can be a bit jarring, your highness"
    "I didn't want to mention it, either." Hummingbird said, taking the two aside so she could speak to them without Lancelot, the King, or anyone else overhearing. "I was hoping that the Lancelot situation wouldn't be repeating itself on this world. If we didn't have bigger things to worry about, I'd be trying to prevent it."