Page 20 of 114 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "Well if you're here for the Starheart, you're too late! ZOOM, The Conqueror has obtained this artifact, and soon you will all join my beloved Eobard in the void of nothingness with the rest of reality!" she said, speeding off. If the faster heroes try to follow her, they'd find portals made throughout the city, littering robots, androids of awesome assignment and DEATH METAL MEN throughout the city of Gotham as she made her getaway.
    "Who ... who is THAT?" Linda exclaimed. She didn't know who this strange woman was, but Eobard Thawne was her lover? The Reverse Flash?

It didn't matter. Clearly the strange woman was one of the bad guys, and working for this 'Conqueror', whoever the Conqueror was.

Hummingbird followed the strange woman around the city, encountering portals all over the place. Out of them emerged Daleks, Cylons, Battledroids, Cybermen, and other metallic robot-like creatures that she didn't recognize, but seemed hostile just the same.

EXTERMINATE!
    EXTERMINATE!
    EXTERMINATE!

Linda's incredible speed enabled her to dodge the Daleks' blast easily enough, but she was worried about others who were not as fast. Quickly, she zoomed in front of the Battledroids. The Battledroids, being mostly just programmed mooks, just fired at her because it was their programming to fire at designated hostiles and didn't pay attention to what else was in the area. So she quickly zipped between them and a bunch of Daleks, causing them to fire at her. They missed her and hit several Daleks, severely damaging them. The remaining Daleks turned and opened fire on the Battledroids. "EX-TER-MINATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!"

Several Battledroids were destroyed by the Daleks' blasts. The remaining Battledroids began going insane and just firing at anything that moved, including a few Cybermen. Soon almost all of the Battledroids in the vicinity were blasted apart by a combination of Dalek and Cybermen blasts.

Linda then zoomed past several classic Cylons, zipping between them and getting a few to shoot each other before the rest realized she was moving too fast for them to accurately fire at.

She still needed to catch up to the strange woman. The various robot or metal creatures around them were a distraction. The strange woman and the Conqueror were what mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Rogue View Post
    Fortunately, Ultra Rogue's injury didn't slow her down.

I'd keep an eye out in case her blindness became an issue. Just in case, I sent her a telepathic message, thinking, If you need some help seeing, let me know, and I'll be your eyes.
    "If Harbinger's got Hawkman, we oughta catch up to Hummingbird an' triple flank Zoom together. She's fast, but she ain't that fast."

A red-black-and-green blur took off, the thunderous KRA-KOOM of a sonic boom behind her. With Roy's telepathy to guide Ultra-Rogue, the two heroes met up.

He took her hand and gave chase after Zoom the Conqueror. Even blind, Rogue was still Hyper-fast, but Roy was Flash-fast in just about every way that mattered. The difference was enough that she could feel that he was holding back.

Using her X-Legion belt, she simply levitated off the ground and let Roy pull her, resistance-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    "Who ... who is THAT?" Linda exclaimed. She didn't know who this strange woman was, but Eobard Thawne was her lover? The Reverse Flash?

It didn't matter. Clearly the strange woman was one of the bad guys, and working for this 'Conqueror', whoever the Conqueror was.
    She still needed to catch up to the strange woman. The various robot or metal creatures around them were a distraction. The strange woman and the Conqueror were what mattered.
    A few sharp detours and shortcuts through city streets and alleyways, they caught up to the sprinting Linda.

"Check your blind spots, sugah, we're comin' in fast to box out that Lady Whizzer-wannabe!"

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    "If Harbinger's got Hawkman, we oughta catch up to Hummingbird an' triple flank Zoom together. She's fast, but she ain't that fast."

A red-black-and-green blur took off, the thunderous KRA-KOOM of a sonic boom behind her. With Roy's telepathy to guide Ultra-Rogue, the two heroes met up.

He took her hand and gave chase after Zoom the Conqueror. Even blind, Rogue was still Hyper-fast, but Roy was Flash-fast in just about every way that mattered. The difference was enough that she could feel that he was holding back.

Using her X-Legion belt, she simply levitated off the ground and let Roy pull her, resistance-free.

A few sharp detours and shortcuts through city streets and alleyways, they caught up to the sprinting Linda.

"Check your blind spots, sugah, we're comin' in fast to box out that Lady Whizzer-wannabe!"
    "Good." Linda said.

Linda hoped they would be able to capture this villain soon. She wondered just who this female Zoom was, and what strange divergent events led to her existence.

On another note, she also had noted Dr. Terrance Thirteen among the group. She hoped Dr. Thirteen would be all right, as superheroics were not his thing. He was more suited to exposing Scooby Doo-style fake ghosts than he was at dealing with supervillains or hostile mechanoids.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post

Zoom saw the woman in her rearview. She turned around, backpedaling at superspeed, then stopped and let out a bloodcurdling scream as she pointed at Linda.

"YOUCONTINUETOHAUNTME,CAPTAIN QUICK? WHOAREYOUTHISTIME?STEPHANIEALLENWALLY BARNES? NO, YOU'RE LINDA PARK AREN'T YOU? NOMATTERWHOYOUAREIMGOINGTOENDYOUKILLYOUDESTROOOYOU UU! she shouted with her voice reverberating through the air, sounding like a broken stereo system, hair swinging wildly as she turned back and flash-stepped at Linda, hitting the woman with super fast punches. Thankfully for Linda, she was fast enough to see the punches Zoom was throwing.

Rogue and Roy would see from a different angle this woman snap at Linda
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post

"Tho Lord Thor was eliminated by duplicitous cowardice, the spirit of thunder has yet to be vanquished, fiend!" Arak raised his Uru Otomahuk, and soon, a small localized fierce rainfall, replete with thunder, arose, pouring down mightily against Pyro's fire-cloud.
    OOC: Yo Al, Pyro and the rest of The Brotherhood are fighting the eliminated. You and Thor are still in the game. Strive to survive!
    Last edited by Froggy; 07-03-2015 at 05:54 PM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Zoom saw the woman in her rearview. She turned around, backpedaling at superspeed, then stopped and let out a bloodcurdling scream as she pointed at Linda.

"YOUCONTINUETOHAUNTME,CAPTAIN QUICK? WHOAREYOUTHISTIME?STEPHANIEALLENWALLY BARNES? NO, YOU'RE LINDA PARK AREN'T YOU? NOMATTERWHOYOUAREIMGOINGTOENDYOUKILLYOUDESTROOOYOU UU! she shouted with her voice reverberating through the air, sounding like a broken stereo system, hair swinging wildly as she turned back and flash-stepped at Linda, hitting the woman with super fast punches. Thankfully for Linda, she was fast enough to see the punches Zoom was throwing.

Rogue and Roy would see from a different angle this woman snap at Linda

OOC: Yo Al, Pyro and the rest of The Brotherhood are fighting the eliminated. You and Thor are still in the game. Strive to survive!
    Linda reacted at super-speed to deflect or dodge the woman's punches. She quickly countered with a super-fast leg sweep of her own, as well as a few punches. She had no idea who the other people Zoom had mentioned were, but that wasn't important right now. What was important was defeating this enemy as quickly as possible.

An entry from Roy Lincoln's satellite journal

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    "That thing gives 'having someone for dinner' a whole new meaning," Dr. Thirteen managed to quip as he pulled himself together and climbed shakily to his feet. "Thanks for the save, Mr. Lincoln."
    "No problem," I replied, helping him up. "Keep up the good work."

There was no time for idle chat, however. Ultra Rogue had come up with a plan.

A red-black-and-green blur took off, the thunderous KRA-KOOM of a sonic boom behind her.
    I guided her with my telepathy and took her hand when she found me. Together, we gave chase after Zoom. After making her way through a series of robots, Hummingbird had rushed ahead of us, and Zoom had taken notice.

"YOUCONTINUETOHAUNTME,CAPTAIN QUICK? WHOAREYOUTHISTIME?STEPHANIEALLENWALLY BARNES? NO, YOU'RE LINDA PARK AREN'T YOU? NOMATTERWHOYOUAREIMGOINGTOENDYOUKILLYOUDESTROOOYOU UU! she shouted with her voice reverberating through the air, sounding like a broken stereo system, hair swinging wildly as she turned back and flash-stepped at Linda, hitting the woman. Thankfully for Linda, she was fast enough to see the punches Zoom was throwing.
    I gave a nod of my head, and Rogue understood. I needed to speed up and she was slowing me down. Levitating off the ground, she allowed me to grab her by the wrists, carrying her forward on my speed alone. After a few quick shortcuts through the city, we caught up to the battle of super-speed between Linda and Zoom.

Rogue shouted, "Check your blind spots, sugah, we're comin' in fast to box out that Lady Whizzer-wannabe!"

"Good." Linda said, between punches.

It was a conversation only us at super-speed could understand, our words matching the swiftness of the fight.

Hummingbird was finally keeping her contained to one spot, so I took my shot. I made a dead stop and let Rogue go. The incredible momentum I'd built up from running transferred to her, launching her at Zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom the Conqueror View Post

Linda reacted at super-speed to deflect or dodge the woman's punches. She quickly countered with a super-fast leg sweep of her own, as well as a few punches. She had no idea who the other people Zoom had mentioned were, but that wasn't important right now. What was important was defeating this enemy as quickly as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lincoln View Post
    Hummingbird was finally keeping her contained to one spot, so I took my shot. I made a dead stop and let Rogue go. The incredible momentum I'd built up from running transferred to her, launching her at Zoom.
    In Roller Derby, they called it 'The Whip'.

In the X-Men, it was the 'Fastball Special'.

In this world, it'd be one hell of a flying tackle.

Ultra-Rogue outstretched her arms, switching to Hyper-Invulnerability at the last possible moment before impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Zoom blocked the punches, then swung again only to fall back as Linda performed her leg sweep, enraged. In the split second Linda saw Zoom get up, she would see the woman's eyes were red and strained, like someone who had cried themselves out. She appeared ready to say something until....

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    In Roller Derby, they called it 'The Whip'.

In the X-Men, it was the 'Fastball Special'.

In this world, it'd be one hell of a flying tackle.

Ultra-Rogue outstretched her arms, switching to Hyper-Invulnerability at the last possible moment before impact.
    Ultra Rogue barreled into her with Hyper-Invulnerability and a loud THWADOOM, knocking Zoom out and the two careening down the street. Zoom the Conqueror had been conquered, but something was missing. The Starheart!
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird and Ultra Rogue View Post
    Zoom blocked the punches, then swung again only to fall back as Linda performed her leg sweep, enraged. In the split second Linda saw Zoom get up, she would see the woman's eyes were red and strained, like someone who had cried themselves out. She appeared ready to say something until....

Ultra Rogue barreled into her with Hyper-Invulnerability and a loud THWADOOM, knocking Zoom out and the two careening down the street. Zoom the Conqueror had been conquered, but something was missing. The Starheart!
    Dr. Thirteen swore under his breath. We've got to stop playing catch-up. Aloud he said, "If the Starheart is anything Like most magical objects, it will have a unique mystical signature. Can any of you with enhanced vision see an eerie, fading glow?"
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

In that moment where Linda made eye contact with Zoom, she could sense it. She and this woman had something in common. Linda had lost Wally. This woman, whatever her real name was, had lost Eobard.

Indeed, this woman was her opposite number. What Batman referred to as 'the player on the other side'.

Linda stopped, and turned to Roy and the others. "This woman ... I know what she's going through to some extent. But that still doesn't excuse what she's done."

"I guess this goes to show that everyone leaves someone behind when they go. Even bad men like Eobard Thawne."

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Dr. Thirteen swore under his breath. We've got to stop playing catch-up. Aloud he said, "If the Starheart is anything Like most magical objects, it will have a unique mystical signature. Can any of you with enhanced vision see an eerie, fading glow?"
    "Dr. Thirteen, I know this can't be easy for you." Linda said. "This last fight was not one someone without powers could keep up with. But we'll still have need of your detective skills. Maybe you can guess where the villains might have hidden the Starheart, or who the remaining Hound is."

Even as she said this, Linda paused. "Everything's been moving too fast. We haven't even had much of a chance to talk to each other, let alone deal with those Hounds. Should we wait until after we find the Starheart?"

Circe turned to the Koriand'r, "You remind me at least partially of another princess I know. I suppose you could call her my friend... or my adversary. Or both. Either way, my thanks unto you. Let us hope the next realm is far more accommodating to my magical energies. In the meantime, perhaps I can be of at least some use."

Circe detached one of the golden spheres on her ankle bracelet and twisted it open. Bringing the open container near her lips, she blew a sparkling powder towards a group of Daleks that were firing at other members of the group. The Daleks' robotic shells shook as the powder seemed to flutter about them and what was once strange alien metal turned to mere sand, collapsing into piles with writhing horrific aliens inside, jabbering angrily.

"Sadly, that's all I have that I think can affect such creatures. Thankfully, potions and powders tend to not be susceptible to the same effects as mystical energies.

Now. To the unfortunate business of voting.

I do not know for certain who could have caused the cyborg being to explode. Others have stated my previous guesses may have been for suspects who are too obvious, so this time, I shall try a different tactic. Although she is clearly fighting valiantly to protect us all now, I vote for the speedster. My aforementioned 'friend' from back home made mention of a similar being once... one that could vibrate through things and make them explode. Perhaps this speedster can do this, perhaps not. But such is my guess for now."

OOC: Vote for Hummingbird.

"Oy kitty, ye really wanna be deep fried don't ya?" Pyro asked him, a nimbus cloud of fire overhead darting towards Dex-Starr, only to be blocked by Captain Thunder, who smiled at Dex-Starr.

"let that chord rip kitty!"
    Dex-Starr purred and gratefully rubbed against Captain Thunder. Then he seized the string in his teeth and dashed away, causing the coils to tighten around Pyro's feet. Next the rage kitty began circling Vibe, trying to entangle him also.
    "Dr. Thirteen, I know this can't be easy for you." Linda said. "This last fight was not one someone without powers could keep up with. But we'll still have need of your detective skills. Maybe you can guess where the villains might have hidden the Starheart, or who the remaining Hound is."

Even as she said this, Linda paused. "Everything's been moving too fast. We haven't even had much of a chance to talk to each other, let alone deal with those Hounds. Should we wait until after we find the Starheart?"
    "Zoom could have tossed the Starheart into one of portals she passed, Dr. Thirteen replied. "Can you pinpoint the last time she clearly had it with her? And you're right that we need to get together and plan a strategy; but I think we'd better retrieve the Starheart first, before it's completely out of our reach. If we hurry, there may be some mystical residue lingering at the point where Zoom got rid of it.

"As for the remaining Hound, you don't necessarily need super-powers to set off an explosion-- just access to explosive materials and a remote detonator."
    Last edited by Anodyne; 07-05-2015 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Added quote and reply.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Earlier...

"Yes. A warrior by necessity," Koriand'r quickly replies.

"Praise X'Hal! You are a warrior after all," Koriand'r complements, flying nearby, herself attacking foes with green energy bolts that burst from her hands.

Zoom creates a new portal, through which arrives, K.I.R.B.Y., the adapting android.
    "All of us gathered here are warriors true! As this creature will soon learn!"

Thor was dispatching Daleks and Cybermen when he saw K.I.R.B.Y. nearly kill Terrence. The other heroes were occupied with finding Zoom. Thor must defend his friends from this pink android. It seemed to have powers similar to the adaptoid. That meant Thor had to do his best to take it out fast, and without being touched.

Thor began his assault by using his enhanced speed to rush the adaptoid, striking it hard with his hammer, electricity crackling. K.I.R.B.Y. went spinning to the air, where it was met by a giant Thunderbolt crashing down upon it.

Incredible Member

Gammastorm was unusually quiet as he flew around the room, dispatching daleks and other robots with his superstrength. He fought only half-heartedly- and half-mindedly. Doc Banner was still non-responsive, leaving Rick to carry on the role of Gammastorm by himself.

"Can't believe I'm sayin' this, Doc," Gammastorm muttered under his breath as he slammed one superpowered fist through a dalek's metallic shell. "I could really use your brain power about now. An' so could the rest of the team!"

He rocketed over towards Circe, as he noticed her transmute daleks into dust. "Huh." Gammastorm slapped himself in the temple. "Why didn't I think of that?" Hands outstretched, he pointed towards another group of daleks. "Let's hope I remember the doc's lessons now..."

Waves of energy coruscated from his extremities and towards the daleks, their ionizing radiation reconfiguring the very molecular structures of the robots and transmuting their outer, metallic shells into... cardboard!!!

"That oughtta help!" He gave a thumbs up to the sorceress Circe. "As for the last hound, I gotta confess I haven't been paying too much attention since the Doc went AWOL, but your guess sounds as good as any."

OOC: Vote for Hummingbird

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Gammastorm was unusually quiet as he flew around the room, dispatching daleks and other robots with his superstrength. He fought only half-heartedly- and half-mindedly. Doc Banner was still non-responsive, leaving Rick to carry on the role of Gammastorm by himself.

"Can't believe I'm sayin' this, Doc," Gammastorm muttered under his breath as he slammed one superpowered fist through a dalek's metallic shell. "I could really use your brain power about now. An' so could the rest of the team!"

He rocketed over towards Circe, as he noticed her transmute daleks into dust. "Huh." Gammastorm slapped himself in the temple. "Why didn't I think of that?" Hands outstretched, he pointed towards another group of daleks. "Let's hope I remember the doc's lessons now..."

Waves of energy coruscated from his extremities and towards the daleks, their ionizing radiation reconfiguring the very molecular structures of the robots and transmuting their outer, metallic shells into... cardboard!!!

"That oughtta help!" He gave a thumbs up to the sorceress Circe. "As for the last hound, I gotta confess I haven't been paying too much attention since the Doc went AWOL, but your guess sounds as good as any."

OOC: Vote for Hummingbird
    Now that she had a moment, Linda turned to face her accusers. "I assure you, I'm not the last Hound. The thing is, the Hounds keep jumping from person to person. The Monitor gave us Agents, but they can't completely clear people. Just because someone wasn't possessed by a Hound in one round doesn't mean they can't in another."

"But I promise you, I am not possessed by one of the Hounds, nor have I been in the previous rounds. I don't know what else I can say. You'll have to trust me on this."