Page 5 of 114 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

An entry from Roy Lincoln's Satellite Journal

Clark has become involved in a few conversations, including easing Circe's mind. He's been very good at addressing their concerns. So I have some time to peruse the crowd. I wonder if I have made the right decisions.

...And just as I finish writing that thought, wouldn't you know that Ultra Rogue asked the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    "Gotcher big bads and big goods, that's normally enough, but you sure you grabbed the right girl from the right world?"
    I put my hand on her shoulder. "I can assure you, Ultra Rogue, that you being here is no mistake. In at least one other Crisis, a Monitor chose fourteen individuals of various backgrounds and powers to fight the forces of the Anti-Monitor long enough for the Monitor himself to save two universes, and then later utilized just a few more to attack the Anti-Monitor directly. We had limited resources and time, so we chose who we could. That it happened to work out to be fourteen is one of those funny little cosmic coincidences. You're one of our fourteen. I'm sure you're the right person for the task ahead."

---

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "Krpytonian, Avengers Squadron, whatever! I head the Justice Legion and defeated the Nine-Tailed Hulk with a kick, and took down Super Saiyaman with a goal shot! I even have the soccer ball to prove it!" Bat-Kudo said. Clark was thankful he could keep his face straight, because he definitely wanted to ask Roy or Harbinger what The Monitor was thinking by bringing this guy in
    Suddenly, a voice comes from behind Batman. Or should it be Batboy? "I sense you have a question," Harbinger asks. She had approached without a sound, appearing as if like a phantom.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lincoln View Post
    We had limited resources and time, so we chose who we could. That it happened to work out to be fourteen is one of those funny little cosmic coincidences. You're one of our fourteen. I'm sure you're the right person for the task ahead."
    "Waitaminnit!" Rick did a quick headcount. "I'm no genius, but even I can do simple math. An' there's definitely more than fourteen of us here. Even if you figure on countin' me n' Doc Banner as one person on account of..."

Banner's supportive hand on his shoulder cut Rick off. "Richard- blunt as ever- is right. There are more than fourteen of us assembled to be a part of this endeavor. Did you just happen to mis-count, Mr. Lincoln, or is there something else we're not being told?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Rogue View Post
    "Either way, ah ain't worried, but ah s'pose you're right. Only a dozen of us ain't much when it seems like all worlds are in danger."[/center]
    "An army is too unruly." She stated. "The logic is sound, a smaller task force allows for more direct strikes against our foe, as well as not overwhelming the mission to direct a massive force."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

---

Suddenly, a voice comes from behind Batman. Or should it be Batboy? "I sense you have a question," Harbinger asks. She had approached without a sound, appearing as if like a phantom.
    Doing his best to feign as if he wasn't surprised, Batman whirled around to look up at the woman.

You sensed correctly, Harbinger. he coolly replied, folding his arms.

"While I have dealt with cosmic beings before, their reasoning is, arbitrary at times. I have to wonder why this Monitor never called up someone with my pedigree. I mean this is the definition of ragtag. I dont see what purpose a Thanagarian thug serves, let alone a scared woman or teenage sidekick with a disgruntled scientist" he said
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

"And now, let me properly introduce myself. I am... The Monitor!"

"And I have summoned you here because your universes are about to die!"

"Is this then, The Crisis that my world's mages have foreseen? And if so, how do we slay this Anti-Monitor? Isn't his power beyond that of a god?"

He then noted Thor in the assemblage, and bowed. "Thunder-God. In my father's name, I salute you."

Quote Originally Posted by The Weaver View Post
    Dex-Starr's construct appeared, and you could say it was a little Weaving all it's own. The Weaver peered down at the wary Red Lantern with great interest, enchanted by the conversation.

...WHY YES HELLO LITTLE PUISSANT PUSSYCAT MY OH MY YOU YOURSELF A WEAVER MY THIS ENERGY THIS WEB YOU WEAVE IT STIRS IT IS AN ANGRY INVIGORATING SCINTILLATING BATTLE-SCAR ON THE WORLDWEAVE LIKE THE HUNTER WATCHING THE BUCKING RHINOCEROS IN THE DISTANCE I AM INTRIGUED AND ENTHRALLED BY THE GREAT RAGE YOU POSSESS AND TAKE PART IN LITTLE WEAVER COME YES LET US CREATE LET OUR ENERGIES MEET...

...WHAT SHALL WE MAKE LITTLE WEAVER WHAT BLUEPRINT SHALL WE LAY...

Attachment 23503
    Dex-Starr summoned up an image of himself as a kitten, struggling to master the art of manipulating the strands of yarn. "Threadssss once massster me; now I massster threadssss. We make big net, catch Ssssuicide Squad."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jones & Bruce Banner View Post
    "Waitaminnit!" Rick did a quick headcount. "I'm no genius, but even I can do simple math. An' there's definitely more than fourteen of us here. Even if you figure on countin' me n' Doc Banner as one person on account of..."

Banner's supportive hand on his shoulder cut Rick off. "Richard- blunt as ever- is right. There are more than fourteen of us assembled to be a part of this endeavor. Did you just happen to mis-count, Mr. Lincoln, or is there something else we're not being told?"
    "Yessss!" hissed Dex-Starr; "What you not tell ussss?"
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

"While I have dealt with cosmic beings before, their reasoning is, arbitrary at times. I have to wonder why this Monitor never called up someone with my pedigree. I mean this is the definition of ragtag. I dont see what purpose a Thanagarian thug serves, let alone a scared woman or teenage sidekick with a disgruntled scientist" he said
    Harbinger calmly replies, "Truthfully, I cannot tell you the reasoning used to select each of these individuals. They all serve a purpose in the grander scheme. But wonder no longer why The Monitor has never called upon you, for he calls upon you now, at a time of greatest need."

An entry from Roy Lincoln's satellite journal

Having announced that there were only fourteen among them, Rick Jones, Doctor Bruce Banner, and the cat Dex-Starr were quick to question me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    "Yessss!" hissed Dex-Starr; "What you not tell ussss?"
    I recounted to be sure before I responded. "No miscount. Counting you separately, Mr. Jones, Mr. Banner, and excluding The Monitor, Harbinger, myself, and the Wanderers, fourteen individuals are gathered. We hoped for more... But we'll make do with what we have."

Harbinger calmly replies, "Truthfully, I cannot tell you the reasoning used to select each of these individuals. They all serve a purpose in the grander scheme. But wonder no longer why The Monitor has never called upon you, for he calls upon you now, at a time of greatest need."

Having announced that there were only fourteen among them, Rick Jones, Doctor Bruce Banner, and the cat Dex-Starr were quick to question me.

I recounted to be sure before I responded. "No miscount. Counting you separately, Mr. Jones, Mr. Banner, and excluding The Monitor, Harbinger, myself, and the Wanderers, fourteen individuals are gathered. We hoped for more... But we'll make do with what we have."
    "Still, with THIS much at stake, we can't hold back. Is this really all we have?" Linda asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Batjerk
    Doing his best to feign as if he wasn't surprised, Batman whirled around to look up at the woman.

You sensed correctly, Harbinger. he coolly replied, folding his arms.

"I don't know who you are, but you have NO right to be wearing that Bat costume if you're going to act that way." Linda turned on the man. "You remind me of that crazy man who put on a Batman costume and then got drunk and said to some kid 'Are you dense? Are you retarded or something? I'm the goddamn Batman!'. The real Batman wasn't happy when he heard about this, let me tell you."
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 06-17-2015 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "I don't know who you are, but you have NO right to be wearing that Bat costume if you're going to act that way." Linda turned on the man. "You remind me of that crazy man who put on a Batman costume and then got drunk and said to some kid 'Are you dense? Are you retarded or something? I'm the goddamn Batman!'. The real Batman wasn't happy when he heard about this, let me tell you."
    Bat Kudo Linda Park
    "Well I'll have you know I was gi-I got MY costume from The Batman himself! Ive been saving Gotham from crime ever since! he told her, finger pointing

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    "To each their own. Yes, my old man wasn't really into magic. He didn't hate it but yes, I am a man of science like him. I take it from what you say that Tanager's government is a major issue back home" Clark replied
    "The current regime of Thanagar are only looking out for the best interests of themselves and all within their inner circle. I look to change that.....by any means necessary."

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Rogue View Post
    With a smirk, Rogue knew she certainly wasn't alone in wanting to kick the butt of these mysterious antagonists.

"Now this guy gets it-- Wings, ah like your moxie. Even if ya'll do come off a bit like five-oh."
    "I'm not sure who this 'five-oh' you speak of, but I see you are more than ready to enter into battle. As much as I want to cave in the collective faces of my enemies with my mace, this Suicide Squad will have to do...for now."

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    "Still, with THIS much at stake, we can't hold back. Is this really all we have?" Linda asked.
    "Sometimes its not the size of the army, but the lengths they will go to achieve victory. The question is, how far you willing to go?"
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "The current regime of Thanagar are only looking out for the best interests of themselves and all within their inner circle. I look to change that.....by any means necessary."

]
    Clark looked over Hawkman. He took note of the tone in the Thanagarian's voice, the bravado, the determination. He respected it, but had also seen the bad ways that could turn out.

"I understand and respect that, Hawkman. However, make sure that in you're fight to free your people, you don't become like your enemy. Keep hold of who you are and while changing the world" he said, putting his hand on Hawkman's shoulder

Bat Kudo Linda Park
    "Well I'll have you know I was gi-I got MY costume from The Batman himself! Ive been saving Gotham from crime ever since! he told her, finger pointing
    "Why did you correct yourself?" Linda asked suspiciously. "If Batman actually gave you that costume and felt you were worthy of it, then I owe you an apology. But right now I'm finding that hard to believe."

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "Sometimes its not the size of the army, but the lengths they will go to achieve victory. The question is, how far you willing to go?"
    "Wally went far, and so did Barry." Linda said, without even thinking about it. Realizing what she'd just said, she had no choice but to go on. "Both of them kept going no matter the cost to save the world. Barry gave his life to stop the Anti-Monitor. And Wally... he put his life on the line several times. Against Kobra. Against Savitar. Against Cobalt Blue. Against Zoom..."

"And he trusted me. He commanded the Speed Force and used it to give me my powers. And then ... he disappeared. He's been gone for months. I don't know if he'll ever be coming back."

She took a deep breath before continuing. "But that's not important. What's important is that he trusted me. I ... I can't let him down. Especially not now, with the fate of everything at stake."

I just had a very... melancholy connection with the Hummingbird, as she described that her husband, Wally West, had vanished and left her his power. My experience with loss is not undocumented (see: other journals).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "What's important is that he trusted me. I ... I can't let him down. Especially not now, with the fate of everything at stake."
    "Our past remains with us, no matter how fast we can run," I said. [/color]"You are carrying on his legacy, fighting in his name, and doing the work he himself would do. You can ask nothing less of yourself. We are shaped by the people we have known and even if they are not here, just by our thoughts and actions is their presence felt."[/color]

They were hard words to say, and hard words to put here.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks View Post
    "Valid question Rogue, but I can tell the heart of a hero beats in Hummingbird's chest. Call it a hunch" he told her with a wink.
    "Be mighty unfair a'me to think that way, Sparky," Ultra Rogue replied, shaking her head, "Girl's got realistic expectations of our chances and rightly shook up about it. Granted, ah never was much one for listenin' to the odds, but you can bet your sweet blue keister ah will fight against whateva gets thrown at me."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks
    "As for the Anti-Monitor, he's a being that can wipe out a universe, and is a threat to not just the universe, the multiverse, but the omniverse. He was born at the beginning of creation, after The Monitor here. For a good while, a good long while, the two were able to match each other and keep things stable, until recently. The Anti-Monitor's influence has spread and lead to the situation we're in now. Each world is destroyed by a tidal wave of antimatter, disintegrating whatever it touches. Now, a Kryptonian is an alien species from the planet Krypton. As Hawkman mentioned, they're a very scientific race, though they had religions. In most worlds, the planet blew up because of seismic activity and only one member of the race survived. That was my father, Kal-el, also known as Clark Kent, or Superman" he said, pointing at the S.

"Under a yellow sun, a Kryptonian gains powers far beyond a mortal man. Being that I'm half, I gain energy from suns as well, but I can also manipulate electricity and gained this nice blue hue over my body due to my mother's genes"
    The exposition was certainly appreciated, though just as certainly overwhelming. It reminded Ultra Rogue of a past visit to Titan and her extremely lengthy conversation with ISAAC that certainly she'd like to forget.

She thus idly scratched at her headband, thinking-- it'd be easy to just touch Clark for a few seconds and know what she'd need to...

"Feel like ah should be takin' notes. Know what? Ferget ah even asked. Reckon ah'll learn as-ah-go, important stuff'll sort itself out. Ain't failed me too much before."

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lincoln View Post
    I put my hand on her shoulder. "I can assure you, Ultra Rogue, that you being here is no mistake. In at least one other Crisis, a Monitor chose fourteen individuals of various backgrounds and powers to fight the forces of the Anti-Monitor long enough for the Monitor himself to save two universes, and then later utilized just a few more to attack the Anti-Monitor directly. We had limited resources and time, so we chose who we could. That it happened to work out to be fourteen is one of those funny little cosmic coincidences. You're one of our fourteen. I'm sure you're the right person for the task ahead."
    Though Rogue didn't share the same suspicions as Rick and Bruce, she did feel like Roy was deliberately leaving out one little detail.

"Not that ah expect a good answer outta this, but you mind tellin' me what happened to those last fourteen knuckleheads that got in a multiversal dust-up with th' Anti-Monitor?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Sage View Post
    "An army is too unruly." She stated. "The logic is sound, a smaller task force allows for more direct strikes against our foe, as well as not overwhelming the mission to direct a massive force."
    With a raised right hand, Rogue idly 'addressed' the group.

"If we're takin' votes for team leader, ah wanna give it to the one lady here who plain don't give two cowpies 'bout how this is all gonna go down."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    "I'm not sure who this 'five-oh' you speak of, but I see you are more than ready to enter into battle. As much as I want to cave in the collective faces of my enemies with my mace, this Suicide Squad will have to do...for now."
    She shrugged. "Y'ain't got cops on Thanagar? Lawmen, things a' that sort? You'd make a regular Buford Pusser with how y'hate the way your turf's gone crooked around ya."
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 06-17-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

In a brilliant flash of light, The Harbinger brought Thor upon a highly advanced vessel, not unlike that of the Collector, Gamemaster, or Galactus. As he looked around to take in his surroundings, he found he was not the only being to be brought upon this ship. Other mortals, Gods, and creatures had been summoned onto the vessel. But to what Purpose?

Thor would not have to wait for his answer.
    I am... The Monitor!"

"And I have summoned you here because your universes are about to die!"
    A force wall of anti-matter is constantly expanding, engulfing universes in its path, destroying all life. Already over a thousand universes have been lost. If we do not act, it will reach each of your worlds, and each will die."

"What is at stake now is bigger than my former grudges, or any animosity you might hold toward us. If we do not act, all of reality will be destroyed."
    Indeed, it seemed he had been summoned by a being of cosmic providence to once more use his might to assist in the preservation of all reality. Thor took in his words earnestly, and with the due gravitas.

But even as he worried about the gravity of the situation, in the innermost chambers of his being, his heart began to thrill. Once more, great deeds and adventures were to be had! Glorious combat to partake in! Honor and glory to be won with the saving of all that there is or was!

"This anti-matter force wave is controlled by a different Monitor, this Monitor's negative universe mirror image. For the sake of clarity and convenience, we'll call him the Anti-Monitor."

"For every universe he destroys, he gains power."

"Here's where this story differs from those of other universes. This Anti-Monitor learned that he can take power not just from one universe, not just a collection of universes we call a multiverse, but from all of reality. The Anti-Monitor of your world might be defeated. For some of you, this is 'your' Anti-Monitor. Either way, he needs to be stopped before he destroys everything. But I'm sounding as dramatic as The Monitor did earlier. Simply put, we need your help to stop him, to prevent more devastation."
    Thor took in the words of the Harbinger and Monitor carefully. This was a being not unlike Thanos, Surtur, or the Beyonder. If the Anti-Monitor was truly capable of such feats, it would take all of Thor's strength and wit to help life prevail over the forces of death and destruction.

As the crowd began to mingle and disperse, Thor silently prayed to Odin, the All-Father, for the right to be worthy, and for his favor in accomplishing this great task.

And then, with the conviction and presence that only comes from being a God, Thor stood up to address the room.

"Heroes! Champions! Warriors All!"

"Heed my words! I am THOR. Son of Odin. Prince of Asgard. God of Thunder. Yet today, I stand before you as a Warrior. As an AVENGER. "

"I cannot vouch for the character of The Monitor, nor can I answer to his motivations. But I can answer you this: I will not stand idly by as even now, there are those that would plot the downfall of man. As long as I draw breath, I shall fight to preserve and protect The Nine Realms. I have sworn to do this as protector of Midgard."

"I have stood before the Mad Titan Thanos, as he sought to destroy all of reality with the Infinity Gauntlet. I have singlehandedly defied the will of Galactus. I have warred against the Beyonders. I have broken the Cycle of Ragnarok. I have prevented the destruction of reality before. I aim to do so again. This charlatan will answer to my hammer for his crimes!"

"In this room, there are those of us who would fight to defend their people. Fight to defend life itself. All of us, gathered here, were chosen for this great quest for a reason. All of us, through our deeds and through our character, have proven ourselves HEROES and WARRIORS. I do not know whether you will stand against this great evil or not, but I swear this: I will fight alongside you and for you as long as I live should you choose to join me in this quest."

"The eyes of not one world, but of ALL worlds will be upon us this day. Let us prove ourselves worthy of them! Let us go forth, and may the winds of history speak of you loudly and for all time!"

"MONITOR! WHERE IS THIS SUICIDE SQUAD? LET US SEE IF THEY ARE WORTHY OF OUR METTLE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    He then noted Thor in the assemblage, and bowed. "Thunder-God. In my father's name, I salute you."
    "I see I am joined by a fellow Lord of Thunder! Are thoust not of the Quontauka? In the name of my father, I bid thee most welcome on this journey!"
    Last edited by Wolvie616; 06-17-2015 at 10:55 PM.