Page 35 of 114 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Previously:

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
    Over a hidden intercom, Apollyon speaks, "I am not here in person. I abandoned this place after I finished my work and left it to shape itself as it would. Your efforts are not, however, to be unrewarded. Welcome to the Traitor Game Lost and Found. In this room you will find an Infinity Gauntlet, a digital storage card containing the GLaDOS simulations, a second card with the recording Mojo showed to his realm, the lightsabers of Darth Jubba and Emperor Palpatine, Santa Claus's sleigh, the pencil of the artist Chuck Jones, the fragments of the pyramid central to an assault against Eterna, and two orbs, one containing the essence of The First, the other the essence of 5th Dimensional magic. And so much more, really. Each of these has been important the Traitor Games. As this place was forgotten, so too were these artifacts--protected by the complex itself. Only a team such as yourselves could have found them. Use them wisely."
    Dex-Starr pricked up his ears. Wasn't "orb" just another name for a ball? And any cat knew what to do with a ball! Scampering across the room, he began batting the two spheres around, rolling them toward the other Wanderers--just as a Boom Tube opened.

Now:

The encounter with the Seven Deadly Sins had shaken Dr. Thirteen more than he wanted to admit. He'd known of his own capacity for rage--which the Phantom Stranger had all too often triggered--but this sudden feeling of envy toward those who had powers that he lacked had caught him off guard. I guess I don't know my own flaws as well as I thought, he admitted to himself. Then he braced himself to do whatever he could in the latest situation.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 08-26-2015 at 05:49 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

First, a sense of freedom. Somehow, this group had circumvented the multidimensional security of the Birdcage, a feat that all had previously failed to do. He wouldn't question it. Lung stretched, his worn leather jacket creaking. His ornate silver mask was at odds with everything else, his jacket the only thing adorning his torso, comfortable jeans and beat-up boots at his feet. Many Capes put such effort into costume, but why? When the monsters come from the shadows all that matters is what you can do.

Someone was droning at him, breaking his train of thought.

It didn't matter, he knew the barebones of it. Fight. Kill. He toyed with a flame in one of his hands as he watched the others begin engagements.

This was a fight worthy of him. He could feel the scales begin to stir beneath his skin, just eager to begin.

"You." He rumbled at Roy and pointed, tattoos of dragons running up his arm to his back and neck.

"I don't work for free. You will pay me 2 Million, or I stand here and watch."

At that, the Weaver hopped in shock.

...WHAT WHAT YOU TALK OF CURRENCY WHEN EVERY WORLD THAT USES IT MAY BURN? HOW CAN A BOBBIN BE SO STUPID IGNORANT UNDEVELOPED AM I SPEAKING TO A TODDLER?

A giant talking spider was strange, but Lung was used to strange in his world. He didn't turn to look at Weaver, still pointing and staring directly at Roy.

"Clearly you need me, or I would not be here. Pay me now, and I won't think about switching sides."

...OBSTINATE OBSIDIAN VILLAIN YOU TALK OF TREASON NOW? NO OTHER HERE HAS THOUGHT TO EXTORT THE MONITOR!
    Last edited by Masterbasset; 08-27-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post
    First, a sense of freedom. Somehow, this group had circumvented the multidimensional security of the Birdcage, a feat that all had previously failed to do. He wouldn't question it. Lung stretched, his worn leather jacket creaking. His ornate silver mask was at odds with everything else, his jacket the only thing adorning his torso, comfortable jeans and beat-up boots at his feet. Many Capes put such effort into costume, but why? When the monsters come from the shadows all that matters is what you can do.

Someone was droning at him, breaking his train of thought.

It didn't matter, he knew the barebones of it. Fight. Kill. He toyed with a flame in one of his hands as he watched the others begin engagements.

This was a fight worthy of him. He could feel the scales begin to stir beneath his skin, just eager to begin.

"You." He rumbled at Roy and pointed, tattoos of dragons running up his arm to his back and neck.

"I don't work for free. You will pay me 2 Million, or I stand here and watch."

At that, the Weaver hopped in shock.

...WHAT WHAT YOU TALK OF CURRENCY WHEN EVERY WORLD THAT USES IT MAY BURN? HOW CAN A BOBBIN BE SO STUPID IGNORANT UNDEVELOPED AM I SPEAKING TO A TODDLER?

A giant talking spider was strange, but Lung was used to strange in his world. He didn't turn to look at Weaver, still pointing and staring directly at Roy.

"Clearly you need me, or I would not be here. Pay me now, and I won't think about switching sides."

...OBSTINATE OBSIDIAN VILLAIN YOU TALK OF TREASON NOW? NO OTHER HERE HAS THOUGHT TO EXTORT THE MONITOR!
    A thunderous rain of punches smashed a group of Shadow Demons, followed by loud sword swings as Clark and Kori heard the newcomers demands.

"You fool! Is currency so precious that you would let existence itself fall? Hromnee'rs forehe- Kori said, angrily swinging to face Lung. Clark put a hand on her shoulder, electrical surges to calm her.

"Kori, I'll handle this" Clark said calmly, weaving through Saturn Girl, Captain Thunder, The Demon and Blue Skies.

"Your name is Lung right? You can switch sides but know that you'll be a tin tyrant of nothing. If you do switch sides, we will strike you down with the force of righteousness. If you fight with us, you can live to fight in your reality another day. That's the deal, now take it or leave it because we don't have time for petty power moves" Clark told him, arms folded in front of Lung.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post
    "Clearly you need me, or I would not be here. Pay me now, and I won't think about switching sides."[/CENTER]
    "Maybe I can think of a way to pay you for your noble sacrifice later," Roy replies sarcastically. "We don't have time for this."

It is the final comment made toward Roy or Harbinger before they decide to move forward. As they arrive, however, Lung remains insistent.

As the group makes their way into the fortress, the fortress itself starts to come alive! The rocks form into giant hands trying to grab and squeeze. They form into monsters of various types, including a dragon one Gammastorm combats.

Some shapeshift into beings from other games, which Roy himself finds curious, thinking, I recognize these people. They're from past games. Is the Anti-Monitor tapping into Traitor Game energy?

It could be, Harbinger replies telepathically. I hope this means we are not too late.

Roy uses his blaster to blast apart a rock monster that appears behind her. A few moments later, it reforms, but she is now aware of its presence and fights it on her own.

The Shadow Demons swarm into the fray. Initially, the Wanderers battle against them. The Demons almost seem to sense who among the team is most powerful. Captain Thunder, that Mighty Mortal, is getting swamped. "Be careful, Billy!" Blue Skies shouts, force a couple Demons aside. "If you stay in contact too long, they might send you to oblivion!"

Is this what the fate of reality has come to? A fight against golems and shadowforms that seemingly cannot be destroyed? What hope do they have?

Quote Originally Posted by Lung View Post

"Listen, the guy who created this suit (and myself as the AI for that matter) has money. A boat load of money. We can discuss monetary compensation if we make it through this."

Quote Originally Posted by When Shadow Demons Attack! View Post
    Roy uses his blaster to blast apart a rock monster that appears behind her. A few moments later, it reforms, but she is now aware of its presence and fights it on her own.

The Shadow Demons swarm into the fray. Initially, the Wanderers battle against them. The Demons almost seem to sense who among the team is most powerful. Captain Thunder, that Mighty Mortal, is getting swamped. "Be careful, Billy!" Blue Skies shouts, force a couple Demons aside. "If you stay in contact too long, they might send you to oblivion!"

Is this what the fate of reality has come to? A fight against golems and shadowforms that seemingly cannot be destroyed? What hope do they have?
    "They're converging toward us! Peter Pan shadows they most certainly are not. But if its a stealth game they want to play...

SWITCH TO STEALTH ARMOR!

Lincoln, do these demons have any weaknesses we can exploit?"
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks View Post
    "You fool! Is currency so precious that you would let existence itself fall? Hromnee'rs forehe- Kori said, angrily swinging to face Lung. Clark put a hand on her shoulder, electrical surges to calm her.

"Kori, I'll handle this" Clark said calmly, weaving through Saturn Girl, Captain Thunder, The Demon and Blue Skies.

"Your name is Lung right? You can switch sides but know that you'll be a tin tyrant of nothing. If you do switch sides, we will strike you down with the force of righteousness. If you fight with us, you can live to fight in your reality another day. That's the deal, now take it or leave it because we don't have time for petty power moves" Clark told him, arms folded in front of Lung.
    Kori's outburst fell on deaf ears. It was Superman who grabbed his attention, making him lower his hand and turn from Roy to meet this newcomer's eyes head-on. He could tell that this one was strong, strong like Alexandria. In prison, you learn to do a good once-over, and Lung didn't miss Clark's showing just then. Flight, strength, and some form of electricity-based emotion control?

It was too early. If he was going to take this group on here and now, he would lose. It would be the same if he wanted to kill this Anti-Monitor. The trick will be to orchestrate things so he doesn't die before he gets strong enough to do either, whatever choice he makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Superior Iron Man View Post
    "Listen, the guy who created this suit (and myself as the AI for that matter) has money. A boat load of money. We can discuss monetary compensation if we make it through this."
    "Done."

Lung broke eye contact first with Superman, and moved only his eyes to the Suit. A Tinker? He'll be good for it, Tinkers need money to fund their inventions.

"I'll kill you if you lie."

That being settled, he relaxed his shoulders and gave a curt nod to Clark. Contemporaries for now. He ignored Roy Lincoln's jab at his priorities, and opted for a more open space.

I'll fight, he thought.

And with that, his power began stirring into effect. The scales began growing, slowly but surely, bristling like a sea urchin’s spines as they arranged themselves. The very anticipation of the fight was serving to fuel his abilities. When he changed, it would be rapid, accelerated by the sheer threat his opponent posed, though he fights lackeys for now.

The air around him rippled in heat as his body continued to grow and transform, and then a loud yell rang out from from behind him!

"GUESS WHO? IT IS ME COME TO SMASH YOU ALL AGAIN WITH MY MAHSL-"

A claw found this golem's face! It screamed as it melted under Lung's grasp, uselessly punching and grabbing, and then its efforts slowly subsiding.

Yes, he thought, everyone's watching.

A stone hand burst from the wall to grab him, dwarfing him despite his new size, but he burst through it in a splash of molten slag, slashing and tearing at its connection to the wall. He continued to grow and change, small spear-like growths stuck out of his shoulders, the beginnings of wings.

"What is the plan?" His voice would eventually be too altered, he should communicate essentials while he is still understandable.
    Last edited by Masterbasset; 08-27-2015 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "Lincoln, do these demons have any weaknesses we can exploit?"
    Roy replies, "I'd think it obvious, Iron Man. They're shadows. We need some blindingly bright light!"

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lincoln View Post
    Roy replies, "I'd think it obvious, Iron Man. They're shadows. We need some blindingly bright light!"
    "Of course! It doesn't take a software update to figure that out!

UNIBEAM!

REPULSOR BLAST!

Everybody! Let's light 'em up!"
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 08-28-2015 at 08:53 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

When the Shadow Demons appeared, Mary Jane was not sure what to do. She had not encountered creatures like these before.

"Don't get too close to them!" Hummingbird exclaimed. "Wally told me about them! Their touch can kill you!"

"That means we've got to fight them from a distance just to be safe." Mary Jane replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Mary Jane, meanwhile, had already used her Power Ring to create giant green webs to snare some of the Shadow Demons. She had noticed that the webs, being made of light, actually did have an effect on the demons. The demons were actually being weakened by the light-beam webs.

She had created those webs to emulate her husband, the now retired Spider-Man, but it seemed these Power Ring created webs, due to their nature, would be far more effective than Peter's webs ever could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "Of course! It doesn't take a software update to figure that out!

UNIBEAM!

Everybody! Let's light 'em up!"
    Mary Jane smiled. "You got it!"

And with that, she created several giant Power Ring lighthouses shooting out beams of light in several directions. She then carefully aimed several of those light beams at the Shadow Demons.

"Looks like we've got their Kryptonite, Iron Man!" Mary Jane said.

"Careful, both of you. Stay focused!" Hummingbird cautioned.

Linda wasn't sure what she could do against the Shadow Demons. She could handle the statues and stone creations, or any Weaponers of Qward that happened to be there (she hadn't seen any, but she knew from the stories of Wally and the others that the Weaponers did at one point serve the Anti-Monitor).But her speed and wind-based attacks probably would only mildly inconvenience the Shadow Demons.

Still, with her speed, she could certainly be able to avoid their attacks, and defend herself with wind attacks. But finishing them off would require the others' abilities.

"The plan is to get through these demons and to free The Monitor from the Anti-Monitor. We'll clear away for you Lung" Clark said, punching his fists together to make a bright flash of light that scorched a row of demons. Kori followed suit and charged up her sword, slicing and dicing while reciting verses in Martian. Captain Thunder punched out fire bursts made by The Demon towards the creatures while Blue Skies coordinated their attack with Saturn Girl's instructions. Lung would hear Saturn Girl in his head next, a voice more soothing than that of the Simurgh.

"Lung! As we continue to tear through these Shadow Demons, make your way forth with the others" she told him.

"Weaver! Iron Man! Green Lantern! HUmmingbird! Make your way through with the others! The Wanderers will clear a path!" Clark told them, his fists exploding the demons
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "Weaver! Iron Man! Green Lantern! HUmmingbird! Make your way through with the others! The Wanderers will clear a path!" Clark told them, his fists exploding the demons
    The heroes are making progress. Some continue to fight the golems. Many are making their to and through the Shadow Demons, with great assistance from the Wanderers. They think they might yet seem to be able to turn this fight. Yet... Princess Koriand'r fires an energy blast directly into Clark's back. The Cat starts strangling Victor Jerusalem with her whip. Dex-Starr directs his rage toward Terrax. Superstorm turns his might on Thor. The heroes quickly realize the problem. All three have Starros on their faces. And more Starros are floating into the fray at great speed, attaching to others.

Harbinger and Doctor Zoom press onward. Harbinger is too blinded by a need to retrieve The Monitor to stop. Zoom acts out of self-interest and self-preservation, viewing this entire ordeal as a chess match. To him, it's okay if a few pieces are lost. They find themselves impeded by a wall of flame. Suddenly, Zoom becomes paralyzed, frozen in place. He sees a blur blink in and out of existence as it charges toward him. Someone else, a different Zoom, has mastered speed through time, and so now the Doctor must subsequently face a series of rapid punches without being able to defend himself. He still has some control over his eyes, and notices the Batmage on a nearby cliff, his hand pointed in Doctor Zoom's direction.

Harbinger, too, is trapped. A lasso wraps around her, squeezing her tight. She is punched by an elongated green arm from an unknown assailant, square in the stomach. Her foes float into view. She has been caught by SuperPower and the Cyborg Martian, who says with a grin, "Miss me?"

Both Harbinger and Zoom then are struck by a powerful psychic migraine. Grodd is here too. The entire Suicide Squad is here.

Roy feels their pain. He's been trying to keep a psychic channel open, to coordinate and to stay apprised of the battle. We're outnumbered. Even with everyone here, we're outnumbered. We barely took them one at a time. But with the moving statues? With the Shadow Demons? And thanks to Starro, against ourselves? For a moment, he is lost in the seeming hopelessness of the situation. The moment is fleeting. With a new thought, he brings himself back. I didn't want to have to do this, but it's the only way. It's time to use the Traitor Game as a weapon. He makes a few adjustments on his ultimate device, the one he forged all game long, The Infinite Treadmill. Every battle stops, each combatant confused by the sudden feeling of an earthquake. Yet such a thing should be impossible, as there is now earth, only a fortress and empty space. For this is not an earthquake, but rather, a realityquake. Wandering eyes soon find the source: The Mobius Chair itself. A series of boom tubes open across the landscape.

Countless individuals start pouring out of the tubes. Due to the magical energies Roy has merged to the Treadmill, he is able to send a message to everyone who comes through. "You have all served in a Traitor Game before. I'm sorry for the intrusion, but you are needed one more time. Please, for yourself, for your home, for your universe, help us to save all reality." For these are no mere individuals. They every person, alien, animal, monster, machine, or god-like entity that ever participated in a Traitor Game, is now a player in this final fight for the Omniverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Woogie 2015! View Post
    The heroes are making progress. Some continue to fight the golems. Many are making their to and through the Shadow Demons, with great assistance from the Wanderers. They think they might yet seem to be able to turn this fight. Yet... Princess Koriand'r fires an energy blast directly into Clark's back. The Cat starts strangling Victor Jerusalem with her whip. Dex-Starr directs his rage toward Terrax. Superstorm turns his might on Thor. The heroes quickly realize the problem. All three have Starros on their faces. And more Starros are floating into the fray at great speed, attaching to others.

Harbinger and Doctor Zoom press onward. Harbinger is too blinded by a need to retrieve The Monitor to stop. Zoom acts out of self-interest and self-preservation, viewing this entire ordeal as a chess match. To him, it's okay if a few pieces are lost. They find themselves impeded by a wall of flame. Suddenly, Zoom becomes paralyzed, frozen in place. He sees a blur blink in and out of existence as it charges toward him. Someone else, a different Zoom, has mastered speed through time, and so now the Doctor must subsequently face a series of rapid punches without being able to defend himself. He still has some control over his eyes, and notices the Batmage on a nearby cliff, his hand pointed in Doctor Zoom's direction.

Harbinger, too, is trapped. A lasso wraps around her, squeezing her tight. She is punched by an elongated green arm from an unknown assailant, square in the stomach. Her foes float into view. She has been caught by SuperPower and the Cyborg Martian, who says with a grin, "Miss me?"

Both Harbinger and Zoom then are struck by a powerful psychic migraine. Grodd is here too. The entire Suicide Squad is here.

Roy feels their pain. He's been trying to keep a psychic channel open, to coordinate and to stay apprised of the battle. We're outnumbered. Even with everyone here, we're outnumbered. We barely took them one at a time. But with the moving statues? With the Shadow Demons? And thanks to Starro, against ourselves? For a moment, he is lost in the seeming hopelessness of the situation. The moment is fleeting. With a new thought, he brings himself back. I didn't want to have to do this, but it's the only way. It's time to use the Traitor Game as a weapon. He makes a few adjustments on his ultimate device, the one he forged all game long, The Infinite Treadmill. Every battle stops, each combatant confused by the sudden feeling of an earthquake. Yet such a thing should be impossible, as there is now earth, only a fortress and empty space. For this is not an earthquake, but rather, a realityquake. Wandering eyes soon find the source: The Mobius Chair itself. A series of boom tubes open across the landscape.

Countless individuals start pouring out of the tubes. Due to the magical energies Roy has merged to the Treadmill, he is able to send a message to everyone who comes through. "You have all served in a Traitor Game before. I'm sorry for the intrusion, but you are needed one more time. Please, for yourself, for your home, for your universe, help us to save all reality." For these are no mere individuals. They every person, alien, animal, monster, machine, or god-like entity that ever participated in a Traitor Game, is now a player in this final fight for the Omniverse.
    "Well since everyone else is here, I might as well add some flavor to this house party. But first....

SWITCH TO MARK VII ARMOR!

Figured I go with the classics. You see, there's a reason this armor was dubbed the Superior Iron Man. It's capabilities have reached far beyond just its home universe. Harnessing energy from the Bleed itself, and with a little assist from the Mobius Chair, I can finally do this..."

BOOM!
    BOOM!
    BOOM!
    BOOM!
    BOOM!
    BOOM!
    BOOM!
    BOOM!

Several additional Boom Tubes open up, giving way to some more guests!

"Bring them all out!

BOOOOOOOM!

IRON UNIVERSE PROTOCAL IS NOW ONLINE!*

These suits are from all over the Multiverse. They're under my control, but if you need the power boost, I can hook you up with any suit you wish. Don't worry about any learning curves. The AI built in will assist you.

But enough talk, let's save the Multiverse!"

Quote Originally Posted by Editor's Note
    Feel free to use any Iron Man suit or make up your own (except for the Hulkbuster...got that saved for later)!

*To add some more epicness to these scene, I suggest playing the Iron Man Animated Series Season 2 Theme.**
    **Or the Season 1 Theme.***
    ***Or the 60s Cartoon Theme.****
    ****Or his Marvel vs Capcom 3 Theme.*****
    *****Or Black Sabbath's Iron Man.******
    ******Or AC/DC's Shoot To Thrill.*******
    *******Hell, use Guile's Street Fighter II Theme. It goes with everything anyway! ~Purps!********
    ********Or you can just use ol' Br'er Hawkeye's MVC 3 Theme...since I do make everything better! ~Hawkeye
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 08-30-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

The white robed figure appeared in the field. "I hoped I never would have to do this." the figure said. The figure addressed a whole bunch of new arrivals. "All of you, this is it. EVERYTHING depends on this one. Show them no mercy."

A huge assortment of the characters under that particular Power That Be's jurisdiction were assembled.

"It is as I feared." Cologne said. "This is a war. A war in which the fate of all our worlds is at stake. Failure is not an option. Do everything in your power to save the world. Even that which you feel is unthinkable. If you must kill to save the Omniverse, do it."

Ukyo grimaced. She did not really want to be in this situation, but she had prepared her arsenal of cooking-based attacks and weaponry. Ranma stood next to her, prepared to fight.

Goombella and Kitty Pryde stood with the rest of the Rogue Avengers. "I'm totally getting deja vu here. Couldn't the universe, like, stay saved for a while?"

"I know." Kitty replied. "But we can't let this get to us. We've got to give this everything we've got."

"Ya got that right." Rogue replied. "Ah figure that other me over there could use some help, too."

Saturn Girl and Phantom Girl stood near each other. "It might be that the future we come from DEPENDS on us winning this battle." Saturn Girl said.

"It doesn't matter. We have to save the Omniverse. Everything's depending on this." Phantom Girl replied.

Lia Nelson, the Tangent Flash, streaked in. "I'd totally rather be back home negotiating on whether I can get 'Let's Light It Up' as my theme song now that AJ Lee's retired. But it totally won't matter unless we, like, save the world, y'know?"

"The Anti Monitor and his followers are the worst since the Nazis." Firebrand said. "This is World War III."

"The SHIELD Multiversal Initiative has prepared for this." Shannon said. "We have a whole army of people from various worlds armed with the latest in technology."

"That's good, because they're going to need them." Terry Franklin replied. "I see a LOT of civilians here. I don't know what good they're going to be able to do in this battle."

(continued next note)

Lotta Hart overheard Terry's comment.

"What's the big idea bringin' in all us plain folks into this big war zone? Them Shadow Demon things are just too much, I say! Even if this whole thing makes for a great story!"

Betty Brant nodded in agreement. "I don't know why we're here. We're reporters."

Nabiki grimaced. "There's only profit in this if we win. But I do all my fighting with games and trickery."

Moira MacTaggert stood nearby. "Ye better grab yerself a gun, lass. A laser gun, to be precise. You'll need it to be safe here."

American Dream stood nearby, with Spider-Girl.

"I don't like the idea of using lethal force, but we're up against enemies who don't have the same qualms." American Dream said.

Spider-Girl was troubled. She knew right away what she was getting into. This was not just another superhero battle. This was a war. And as Buffy (who Spider-Girl saw in the distance) once said, war was about death. Stupid, needless death. As much as Spider-Girl wanted no one to die on her watch, it seemed inevitable under the circumstances.

Danielle Moonstar seemed to sense Spider-Girl's thoughts. "I sense Death ... it's here. We must defy it."

"Defy it?" Laurie Collins asked the alternate universe version of her mentor.

Dani turned to Laurie. "If what I heard from my other self is true, you and Sofia do watch Game of Thrones. It's like what Arya's swordfighting instructor said. 'What do you say to the God of Death? Not today'. I do something similar not just on my own behalf, but on the behalf of someone who will surely die without my intervention."

Sofia Mantega turned to Laurie. "She's not our Ms. Moonstar, but we should stick with her."

Princess Emerald stared at the scene grimly. "The Earth Amethyst originally came from was destroyed by such a Crisis. We must not let the same fate befall even one more Earth."

Nearby stood Princess Leia. "I've lost a world too. The Anti-Monitor is more dangerous than a thousand Death Stars. I'm calling for the Rebel Alliance as backup."

Sheba nodded. "We should also bring in Blue, Red, and Silver Spar Squadrons."

Batgirl, aka the Damsel of Bats, stared silently. "The Batmage is bad enough, carrying on Kulan Gath's work after Anna sacrificed herself to stop Gath. But the Anti-Monitor..." she stopped, as unpleasant memories of Kara surfaced.

Firestar was readying her fire powers. She was sure they would be effective on the Shadow Demons, but against the Squad and the other enemies, she was not so sure. But she knew she had to give it her best.

Storm stood nearby with the expanded Exiles. "First Thanos, now this. Goddess, give me the strength."

(continued next post)

WHIP-CRACK! WHIP-CRACK!

WHIP-CRACK! WHIP-CRACK!

Both Franziska von Karma and Belinda 'Bullwhip' Bullington (the bosun of the Shady Cat) cracked whips nearby. "We are facing foolishly foolish fools who foolishly wish to destroy the Ominiverse. They must pay the penalty for their foolishness!" Franziska declared.

Belinda Bullington addressed the crew of the Shady Cat. She stood next to their captain, Pirate Kitty.

"All right, look alive ye sluggards! We are going to WAR now." Belinda declared. "And we must show our enemy we are a powerful force to be reckoned with. We don't have the time to get ourselves into the mood with a rousing war song beforehand, but we must stand tall and proud. As one of our favorite songs says, we must have a will as hard as diamond. Show them no mercy!"

"Arr!" "Death to the enemies!"

Tetra and her pirate crew joined in with the other pirate crew as they raised their weapons.

Mina Murray just listened. "That's all well and good, but these enemies may be too powerful for the normal people here."

And then Iron Man began sending suits of armor around to the crowd. Those without any advanced powers or weapons of their own stood for a while, considering the armor. Then Lotta Hart and Betty Brant stepped forward. Moira MacTaggert also stepped forward, reasoning that as a scientist she could probably figure out how the armor worked quickly enough.

And so the new arrivals prepared to go into battle, each with his or her own methods of attack.