Page 14 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    "Bad dog gone--I feel betterrrr," Dex-Starr replied. He looked up speculatively at Clark. "You sssure you dog persson? You purrrr like cat," he remarked, recalling the soothing vibrations he'd felt while perched on the man's shoulder.

Dex-Starr purred and rubbed against her leg. Finally! Someone who appreciated his catly charms.

Clark chuckled at Dex-Starr's reply and the reaction he had to Clark's comrade.

"Heh, maybe you're right Dex, maybe you're right, but my dog Krypto might say otherwise. Glad you're getting along with my teammate though. Dex-Starr, meet Princess Koriand'r of Mars. Koriand'r meet Dex-Starr, former Lantern he said as she crouched down to lift up the fantastic feline.

"Greetings furry one! You were a Lantern? I will want to see your capabilities in battle before being completely onboard with you being an asset. I do like how furry you are though, yes yessss you are a fuzzy one. Praise H'ronmeer," she said, cradling Dex-Starr against her chest, then sat him down so as to not be rude. Next to introduce themselves was the black haired man in the bright primary colors.

"Hey cool cat, name's Billy Batson and I go by CAPTAIN THUNDER, scion of Themyscira's princess. The world we're on is called Earth 1310. There's a mutant here with the ability to manipulate the telluric field of Earth and took up the name of Superman during World War 2 after escaping an internment camp. However, after years of being continually disappointed with humanity, he's finding it harder and harder to truly care about them, and his Brotherhood reflects that changing attitude, along with his vendetta against Lex Luthor. However, the history until recently is kinda sketchy for both men and might have to do with the artifact we're looking for.." he said, his sentence being finished off by a new arrival. A man garbed in heroic attire who the others seem to welcome rather happily.

"Jafar's lamp. Yes, from the movie Aladdin. Hard to believe, but it's on Lincoln's list of powerful from previous Traitor Games that could help save reality. Probably why the history of this world is so different" he said, floating down to the ground and greeting Clark.

"I think the lamp is located in the wreckage up ahead, or at least it's energy signature is coming from there strangely enough. We should investigate now" he told The other Wanderers

"Agreed. Come along Dex-Starr, and I dont think I need to tell you to be careful" Clark said as he took lead of the group, honing in on the energy signature
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-23-2015 at 09:33 PM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Thor had completed the challenge! It seems the spell's standards catered to him well. And the two crucial items were received. Through time and space the group shifted once again, and Superman began to make his exit. The Weaver waved goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks View Post
    "Okay. I accept," he says. He turns to the group and adds, "But I'll be back."

...FARE THEE WELL CLARK SPARKS WANDERER-WARRIOR I AM SURE WE WILL MEET AGAIN YOUR GUIDANCE WAS WELL-LIKED IT IS SAD YOU MUST BE REPLACED SO SOON YOU ARE AN ADMIRABLE WEAVER ELYCTRIC NOMAD I HOPE YOU FARE WELL AND THAT YOU CONTINUE TO LIVE AND BREATHE JUST AS I HOPE THE WORLDFABRIC SPOOLS EVERMORE TA-TA...

The Weaver graced his way back to the corner he claimed on the Space Station and draped his House Xanadu banner along his corner, weaving it to drape peculiarly on the shimmering surface of the vessel, seemingly without thought put towards symmetry or style. It just seemed to be how he wanted it to hang. Their new guide addressed the group, and he mused in Song about whether she would be able to fill Superman's shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy and Harbinger View Post
    "Hound!" "Traitor!" they exclaim.
    The Weaver hopped and tapped the floor with his many legs

...YES YES IT IS DESTRUCTION DECLOAKED WROUGHT FROM DEDUCTION YES HAPPY DAY WE HAVE WEAVED A FINE WEAVE WE CONSTANT CONSTABLES...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    When the light died down, the cat was gone. In his place floats a ghoulish wolf-creature.
    It crouched to the wolf's level.

...IT IS ROOTING PINING FOR ITS PACK POOR LONE-WOLF WE MUST HUNT ITS ELUSIVE BROTHERS THEY KILL OUR MOST ELUSIVE OF HARBINGER'S CHOSEN KITANA ROBBING HER OF FUNCTION AND GRACE GO THEY AND I WE MUST BEFORE THEY CONTINUE TO STALK-CHEW THROUGH OUR NUMBER HA LITTLE GHOST LITTLE GHOUL YOU LACK SPIN YOU LACK THE FINE NEEDLE AND THAT IS WHY YOU ARE YOU THAT IS WHY YOU ARE HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    And say hello to Monster Island."
    The Weaver waved greeting to the newest members of their team, and took in his new locale.

...WE FIND OURSELVES IN AN ISLE OF MONSTERS SUCH A MONIKER BELIES THE GREATER GOOD THAT WILL COME EVEN THE ISLAND'S CITIZENS ARE VULNERABLE TO THE VOID-REAVINGS THEY ARE EQUALLY IN NEED OF RESCUE THE LANDSCAPE KNOWS IT ITSELF IT HAS HOUSED OUR ULTIMATE-NULLER IN A HOUSE OF ROCK HOW COURTEOUS WE WILL HAPPEN UPON IT SOON...

He skittered along trees half looking for the objective and half lost in his own ministrations.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "Monsters....Pfft. You ask me there's nothing remotely monstrous about th---ARRRGH!!!"

[B]

"This beast has been tamed. He will help throughout the course of our stay here."
    OOC: The gag lives on!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    The Atomic Teen was met with a hearty slap on the back as Ultra Rogue flew past him.

"That's th'name of th'game, smokestack. What're we lookin' for again?"
    Gammastorm rubbed his shoulder discreetly as the woman sped by. "Lot stronger than she looks," he muttered under his breath. Then he hastened to catch up with her.

"Not really sure," he said, more loudly this time, in answer to her question. "Something called an Ultimate Nerfherder?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    "Many greetings unto you. I am known as Circe, queen of Aeaea, and you are? I apologize, for we must look quite intrusive and out of place, but we have newly arrived to the area. Are you familiar with this place? Is there anything here we should be particularly wary of? We are looking for a strange device known as 'the Ultimate Nullifier.' Do you know of it?"
    "Nah, you're fine!" he says, waving her words off. "Weird stuff pops up here all the time." He then rubs the back of his head with his left hand as he considers her question. "This Nullifer... Nope, can't say I know it. But it sounds like one of those things Doom keeps in that cave of his."

An entry from Roy Lincoln's satellite journal

I had found Cavern Doom. I had run straight into his laboratory, but I was not prepared for what I'd find. I rushed back out as fast as possible, telepathically broadcasting to the group, Everyone, we have a problem. A member of the Suicide Squad is here. He has the Ultimate Nullifier. He detected our arrival and has convinced Fin Fang Doom to assist in his escape.

No sooner had a I made it back to the group could we all see the monsters gathering near the cavern. From its main entrance flew a creature forever blinded by vengeance and destruction,

The Cyborg Manhunter.

I said aloud, "The Cyborg Manhunter and an army of monsters. God help us all."

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Rogue View Post
    "Ah just do it with... style."
    "The stylishness of ones equipment does not indicate its usefulness." Sage stated. Then they would have gotten a communication from Roy and a change of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    "Fascinating..." Came her statement regarding their foe, a kindred spirit of some sort...a savior and confidant from her past. Mister X the Skrullian Manhunter wrapped in the same cold steel as her. "If a bit disheartening." She added.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Sage View Post
    "The stylishness of ones equipment does not indicate its usefulness." Sage stated.
    Rogue's lips twisted in a bit of confusion. Fashionably cool shades are always useful.

"...ain't gonna kill ya to stop thinkin' like a machine an' start thinkin' like a girl for once."

Quote Originally Posted by The Savage Hawkman View Post
    "Lyrator. I shall re-christen this creature with name of Lyrator. In Thanagar, it stands for "The Strong & Graceful". Qualities possessed by the blessed Katar & Chay-era, respectively."
    Hawkman's no-nonsense attitude was kind of endearing when he opts to name his giant dinosaur.

"Gotta admire the reasonin' behind it, but ah dunno if 'Hi-Ho Lyrator, away' has that kinda ring to it."

Quote Originally Posted by Gammastorm View Post
    "Not really sure," he said, more loudly this time, in answer to her question. "Something called an Ultimate Nerfherder?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lincoln View Post

I had found Cavern Doom. I had run straight into his laboratory, but I was not prepared for what I'd find. I rushed back out as fast as possible, telepathically broadcasting to the group, Everyone, we have a problem. A member of the Suicide Squad is here. He has the Ultimate Nullifier. He detected our arrival and has convinced Fin Fang Doom to assist in his escape.
    With a newfound look of determination on her face, Rogue turned to Gammastorm and made a fist.

"Looks like we found our nerfherder. Let's go get 'im."

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyborg Manhunter
    No sooner had a I made it back to the group could we all see the monsters gathering near the cavern. From its main entrance flew a creature forever blinded by vengeance and destruction,

The Cyborg Manhunter.

First to engage, intercepting The Cyborg in midair, was the Uncanny Ultra-Rogue.

"Ah know this is an island a'monsters, but ah don't suppose you and your friends would be willin' to settle this civilly and just hand over that thing."

She held her hand outstretched, waiting to be handed the Nullifier.

"Though if you prefer things t'get rough, ah can just take it from ya, an' that's fine by me."

"Nah, you're fine!" he says, waving her words off. "Weird stuff pops up here all the time." He then rubs the back of his head with his left hand as he considers her question. "This Nullifer... Nope, can't say I know it. But it sounds like one of those things Doom keeps in that cave of his."

"I am glad we aren't upsetting the balance of things here too much. Ah. A cave! Where would we be able to find this--"

Circe's question was pre-emptively answered as a large commotion arose.

The Cyborg Manhunter.

Turniing to Sulley, Circe said calmly. "Many thanks for your help, friend. But, you should seek shelter. I suspect things may get... difficult... rather swiftly."

Circe addressed the monster society of, well... monsters. Her voice bellowing out above the roars and commotion and commanding the monsters' attention.

"Hear me, o creatures. Why do you follow this one called Doom? Is his very name not a portent of destruction? We mean you no harm."

"Boo? it said. "Oh, sorry. You seem to just be some kind of witch. How do ya do?" He offered to shake hands.
    Hummingbird stared at the sight, incredulously. Sulley from Monsters Inc.?

While she was not entirely sure what to expect from Monster Island, she was not expecting this. Perhaps Monster Island wasn't such a bad place after all. The monsters from Sulley's world, for the most part, weren't malicious (there were a few exceptions here and there). They just scared children because scares provided power to their home city.

"Doom?" Linda asked, rolling her eyes. "You mean this guy really calls himself Doom? And I thought Captain Cold and Captain Boomerang were corny names."

The Cyborg Manhunter.

Linda gasped. She only knew The Cyborg by reputation, but she knew this much: Hank Henshaw was the evil man who had posed as Superman and destroyed Coast City. He had killed thousands of people without the slightest trace of remorse.

His abilities were also enough to be a most formidable opponent for Superman and other heroes who had had to face him.

However, their group did seem to have someone with similar abilities on their side. Tessa, or Sage, or whatever she called herself. But against someone like the Cyborg, all of them had to go to battle.

Turniing to Sulley, Circe said calmly. "Many thanks for your help, friend. But, you should seek shelter. I suspect things may get... difficult... rather swiftly."

Circe addressed the monster society of, well... monsters. Her voice bellowing out above the roars and commotion and commanding the monsters' attention.

"Hear me, o creatures. Why do you follow this one called Doom? Is his very name not a portent of destruction? We mean you no harm."
    "She's right, you know." Hummingbird said. "I have a feeling that you're all basically good creatures. Too good to be following someone out to either conquer or destroy the world."

First to engage, intercepting The Cyborg in midair, was the Uncanny Ultra-Rogue.

"Ah know this is an island a'monsters, but ah don't suppose you and your friends would be willin' to settle this civilly and just hand over that thing."

She held her hand outstretched, waiting to be handed the Nullifier.

"Though if you prefer things t'get rough, ah can just take it from ya, an' that's fine by me."
    He lets out a bellowing laugh. "I would like to see you try."

His Martian arm swiftly stretches out and coils around her, squeezing tightly. "I can have some fun before I depart. Let's see how much roughness you can handle."

Harbinger tries to rally the troops, shouting, "Ultra Rogue has him distracted. We must stop him before he gets away!"

A few monsters stop, clearly puzzled by the question. They seem to have the intelligence to question such arbitrary orders. The others let out loud groans, which only Circe can interpret as meaning they enjoy destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Rogue View Post
    Rogue's lips twisted in a bit of confusion. Fashionably cool shades are always useful.

"...ain't gonna kill ya to stop thinkin' like a machine an' start thinkin' like a girl for once."
    "I was never such a girl...Even before my transformation." She replied watching the Southern girl fly against their foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Manhunter View Post
    He lets out a bellowing laugh. "I would like to see you try."

His Martian arm swiftly stretches out and coils around her, squeezing tightly. "I can have some fun before I depart. Let's see how much roughness you can handle."
    The Cyborg Manhunter would feel someone clutch unto his coiling arm. "I suggest you not do that." She'd grip unto it with her other arm and attempt to rip his arm from his cyborg body.
    Last edited by Jeremi; 06-24-2015 at 02:46 PM.

A few monsters stop, clearly puzzled by the question. They seem to have the intelligence to question such arbitrary orders. The others let out loud groans, which only Circe can interpret as meaning they enjoy destruction.

Circe nodded after hearing some of the responses of the creatures, although to the others, it likely sounded like a foley artist's nightmare. "Ah, of course, but you should ask yourself-- whose destruction does this Doom ultimately seek? Why are you here to fight us and not he? You are each mighty and noble beings, capable of your own decisions. True, some of you may wish to fight us here today, but in the end, are you certain you will not be subjugated or destroyed by the one who ordered you here? Perhaps he fears you and only by sending you to battle others whom he also fears can he be assured that your strength will be winnowed enough where he can claim absolute mastery! You need not be his slaves and pawns. We do not seek to fight you. Whether you thirst for peace or destruction, you should seek these for yourselves and of your own volition! Not at a mad being's whims!"

Sensing some creatures' near deity level status, Circe gave a special appeal. "Some of you are firmly connected to this planet... this realm as its guardians or as beings of judgment! Certainly, you sense the growing chaos around us disrupting the balance! If you aid him, you are aiding that which will consume you as well. I approach you all not as an enemy nor even a friend, but as a warning. The final decision must be each individual being's alone, but if you wish violence and destruction, simply be aware of its direction and purpose and what you choose as your path."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post

"Fascinating..." Came her statement regarding their foe, a kindred spirit of some sort...a savior and confidant from her past. Mister X the Skrullian Manhunter wrapped in the same cold steel as her. "If a bit disheartening." She added.
    "Disheartening or not, no time to ponder with this loon on the loose! Engage him while he's distracted with Rogue, Sage!" Saturn Girl shouted out, then began to project her thoughts to the group to coordinate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post

"She's right, you know." Hummingbird said. "I have a feeling that you're all basically good creatures. Too good to be following someone out to either conquer or destroy the world."

Circe nodded after hearing some of the responses of the creatures, although to the others, it likely sounded like a foley artist's nightmare. "Ah, of course, but you should ask yourself-- whose destruction does this Doom ultimately seek? Why are you here to fight us and not he? You are each mighty and noble beings, capable of your own decisions. True, some of you may wish to fight us here today, but in the end, are you certain you will not be subjugated or destroyed by the one who ordered you here? Perhaps he fears you and only by sending you to battle others whom he also fears can he be assured that your strength will be winnowed enough where he can claim absolute mastery! You need not be his slaves and pawns. We do not seek to fight you. Whether you thirst for peace or destruction, you should seek these for yourselves and of your own volition! Not at a mad being's whims!"

Sensing some creatures' near deity level status, Circe gave a special appeal. "Some of you are firmly connected to this planet... this realm as its guardians or as beings of judgment! Certainly, you sense the growing chaos around us disrupting the balance! If you aid him, you are aiding that which will consume you as well. I approach you all not as an enemy nor even a friend, but as a warning. The final decision must be each individual being's alone, but if you wish violence and destruction, simply be aware of its direction and purpose and what you choose as your path."
    A large, purplish ape wearing a green jacket scratched his forehead and looked at a sharklike friend of his.

"They got a point, don't they jaws?"

"Yeah, the ladies do but who gonna listen to me? I gets no respect here! Heck the little rat does more than I do! That thing dont even speak right!"

Circe's words would not go unheard, but still, HE was slow to rise. THEY would need him soon, all of them. But not yet, for this had to play itself out

(Linda, I'm going to give you a signal and it will be a telepathic one. When it happens, I want you and Roy to race forward and get the Nullifier, then hand it to me. Good work with the monsters by the way) she thought to her. Those of them on the ground heard the monsters agreeing, some disagreeing. The dissenters voices grew louder.

"Baah! Bahh I say! King K Rool will rule again someday! I'll just use Doom and the other society members to get DK outta the way!""
    king-k-rool.jpg he said while jumping from side to side. Then, the ground began to shake, and two beasts could be seen storming outside of the cave!

kingg-01.jpg King Ghidorah with a bloodcurdling scream, firing thunderbolts at a scattering of creatures, though one small yellow rat seemed to resist the attacks while scampering to defend others.

giga.jpg and Gigan! While the other monsters around our heroes scrambled to decide on what to do, Saturn Girl helped to stave the beasts off.

(Linda, that signal is Run! Run Linda, Run! Roy, cover her! Superboy, Thor and Gammastorm, fend off our two new arrivals! Circe, Weaver, Hawkman! watch my back with the smaller ones that seem ready for a fight. Doom still hasn't shown himself yet, surprisingly! Lobos, let it rip and no back sass or ill tell your cousin Donald I swear!) Saturn Girl telepathically broadcasted to the group, doing her best to block them from Henshaw's mental assault and corral the monsters around them as well.

OOC: Since we're on Monster Island, if you guys want you can pick a monster or monsters to attack besides Gigan, Ghidorah or King K. Rool. Go wild and encounter whoever you think would fit!
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-24-2015 at 02:35 PM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

"'The bigger they are, the harder they fall'. You fight a lot of giant monsters back home, thunderer?"
    "I have, yes. But I'd prefer to see if the witch's negotiations are successful."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Manhunter View Post

The Cyborg Manhunter.

"Chay-era, preserve us..."

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Girl View Post
    (Linda, that signal is Run! Run Linda, Run! Roy, cover her! Superboy, Thor and Gammastorm, fend off our two new arrivals! Circe, Weaver, Hawkman! watch my back with the smaller ones that seem ready for a fight. Doom still hasn't shown himself yet, surprisingly! Lobos, let it rip and no back sass or ill tell your cousin Donald I swear!) Saturn Girl telepathically broadcasted to the group, doing her best to block them from Henshaw's mental assault and corral the monsters around them as well.
    "Lyrator! Clear us of these foul beasts!"

"RRROARRRR!!!!"

The newly christened Lyrator swiftly smashes its tail right at its enemies, leaving an opening to the Cyborg Manhunter for the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    "I was never such a girl...Even before my transformation." She replied watching the Southern girl fly against their foe.

The Cyborg Manhunter would feel someone clutch unto his coiling arm. "I suggest you not do that." She'd grip unto it with her other arm and attempt to rip his arm from his cyborg body.
    The time was now to act. Gripping his mace, the Savage Hawkman flew at top speed towards the Manhunter, bellowing out his battle cry...

"KATAAAAR!"
    GLORIOUS!