Page 16 of 114 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    "Do you really know how to use that, girl? Do you really believe it will wipe me from ex--"

Sage successfully tackled him to the ground. I decided on a change of tactic.

We've acquired the Nullifier! Everyone who's free, help Sage! I'll get the Monitor to send us back while he can! Hit him with fire if you can! I informed them telepathically, while myself looking for something nearby I could burn.

Harbinger managed to break away from a group of Xenomorphs to assist. "Let's see how well his systems can handle a little light." She shined brighter than the sun, focusing that light in one direction. I hoped that if she fried his circuits, she didn't fry Sage's, too.
    Linda, meanwhile, zoomed away from the Cyborg with the Nullifier. Keeping the Nullifier safe was her first priority. However, she knew she couldn't use the trick so many Flashes had used and run across the water to the other side of the world. If she left Monster Island, she might miss being taken back aboard the Monitor's satellite with the others.

So instead she zoomed across the island, knocking down a few Zygons, Stalfos, Bloopers, and Zoomers along the way. As she neared the other side of the island, however, there was a rumbling and another creature emerged from a hole in the ground.

Volvagia flew through the air, breathing out jets of flame. Linda, with her speed, was easily able to avoid the flames. However, she knew that she couldn't stay too far away from the rest of the group. She needed them and they needed her.

She ran toward the group, but still wished to keep the Nullifier away from the Cyborg.

Volvagia, meanwhile, flew after her. However, Linda was moving at such a speed that the dragon soon lagged behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hawkman View Post
    "I can respect that. Show no weakness. To battle, we go again!"
    "Couldn't say it better m'self. You hit 'em high, ah'll hit 'em low."

Quote Originally Posted by King K. Rool View Post
    She'd see King K. Rool stand in front of her, flexing.

"Stop right there, hew-man! As the king of the Lizard Men (when his highness Ghidorah is away that is) you will kneel before me, or else! You may have defeated my cooler brethren but you will not best the true nobility of Monster Isl--"
    K. Rool was interrupted by an explosion in his bulbous gut, and before he knew it, his much-cherished crown was stuck where the sun don't shine.

"Then, long live th' king," she said with a jaunt, before flying back into the fray.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    (Are you kidding? Isn't he from the Suicide Squad? These people don't CARE about their own lives! Threatening him with the Nullifier isn't going to work!) Linda thoughtcasted.
    She then turned her attention back to the Cyborg. "Henshaw, I have the Ultimate Nullifier. With it, I can end your existence with just a thought! Surrender or die!" She hoped she sounded more convincing then she thought. And she hoped Roy was right on this one and she was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cyborg Manhunter View Post
    "Do you really know how to use that, girl? Do you really believe it will wipe me from ex--"
    Check out the stones on Speedy over there, Rogue thought to the group mind-link. Show him what you got!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Sage View Post
    The blast would send Sage flying towards the ground at high speed and the impact of cyborg with the ground would create a crater. The dust would settle and anyone would see her destroyed face start healing right in front of them. "I do not appreciate pun related attacks." She replied bursting off the ground at high speeds in an attempt to bullrush the Cyborg Manhunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lincoln & Harbinger
    Sage successfully tackled him to the ground. I decided on a change of tactic.

We've acquired the Nullifier! Everyone who's free, help Sage! I'll get the Monitor to send us back while he can! Hit him with fire if you can! I informed them telepathically, while myself looking for something nearby I could burn.

Harbinger managed to break away from a group of Xenomorphs to assist. "Let's see how well his systems can handle a little light." She shined brighter than the sun, focusing that light in one direction. I hoped that if she fried his circuits, she didn't fry Sage's, too.
    Torch this sucker? You got it, Roy. Rogue teeped back. Looks like her earlier consideration of using Flash-Vision to escape was more than on-point. Cyborg Sage had The Cyborg Manhunter grounded. Harbinger took her shot. Rogue closed the gap. And with stolen Eternal DNA, the X-Legionnaire actually basked in the ambient solar radiation emitted by The Monitor's emissary.

"Somethin' about your cuz, Tess--" she said, lifting her visor past her forehead, her naturally green eyes turning a violent red.

In an instant, they flared open with a supercharged blast of focused atomic fire!

"--really burns me up!"
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 06-25-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Sage had continued to wail on him as they had hit the ground and continued to do so until Rogue showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Rogue View Post
    "Somethin' about your cuz, Tess--" she said, lifting her visor past her forehead, her naturally green eyes turning a violent red.

In an instant, they flared open with a supercharged blast of focused atomic fire!

"--really burns me up!"[/CENTER]
    "We share no blood relations." Sage remarked stepping back casually as Ultra Rogue unleashed her ultra vision. "His counterpart from my reality was a mentor before my transformation into what I am now...This one however..."

Cyborg Sage's eyes would shine a bright red. "I share no bonds with." With that she would unleash her own laser vision at their foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post

Weaver being a badass doing badass stuff.

The Weaver, bleeding from various sliced wounds, placed a human hand on Jeff's shoulder.

...JOIN US HELP US PERSUADE YOUR CREATURE-CITIZENS EVERYTHING IS AT STAKE...

"Whoever you are...thank you. I don't think she had my best interests. Why can't any of my parents love me?"
    ("You need to love yourself first Jeffrey. However, focus on trying to stay alive right now, we need your help until IT arrives!") Saturn Girl told him telepathically, focused on engaging Henshaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Lobo cackled and started firing his beloved twin laser guns at the monsters. 'Oh yeah Baby! This, is what I straight-up live for!' As he span, shot and reloaded merrily, an old enemy came up behind him!
    Attachment 23863
    It was the Kandyman!
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]'Be prepared for a sticky end, Duck!'

'You gotta' be kidding me! What kind a' sick joke is this!' I will not die-
    He reloaded.
    At the hands of a-
    *BLAM*
    Stupid
    *BLAM*
    Overgrown
    *BLAM*
    Pack of-
    *BLAM*
    Jelly Babies!
    And with that, The Kandyman exploded into a pile of Marzipan.
    Noticing that he'd become distracted from his actual mission, Lobo then dived towards The Ultimate Nullifier.

(OOC: For those that don't know, The Kandyman is the worst villain in Doctor Who history. Seriously, he's an evil version of Bertie Basset. To the point that Basset's sued the BBC for this guy even existing.)
    ("The cover is much appreciated Lobo, and what a nasty tasting mind this thing has. Watch out for that object it's not the Ultimate Nullifier Linda has the Nullifi-AGGH!) Saturn Girl's nose bled as she felt the recoil from Henshaw's psionic attack

As Lobos dived, an ear piercing screech came and it was a Zoroark! Once he touched it, the creature hit him with the move NIGHT DAZE, spinning Lobo in an ethereal web of Darkforce energy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post

Torch this sucker? You got it, Roy. Rogue teeped back. Looks like her earlier consideration of using Flash-Vision to escape was more than on-point. Cyborg Sage had The Cyborg Manhunter grounded. Harbinger took her shot. Rogue closed the gap. And with stolen Eternal DNA, the X-Legionnaire actually basked in the ambient solar radiation emitted by The Monitor's emissary.

"--really burns me up!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Sage had continued to wail on him as they had hit the ground and continued to do so until Rogue showed up.

"We share no blood relations." Sage remarked stepping back casually as Ultra Rogue unleashed her ultra vision. "His counterpart from my reality was a mentor before my transformation into what I am now...This one however..."

Cyborg Sage's eyes would shine a bright red. "I share no bonds with." With that she would unleash her own laser vision at their foe.
    Henshaw's hands would reflexively go up to guard his face from their bombardment, still recovering from the flash, attempting to shift his head down his abdomen but the combination of Flash Vision and Laser Vision caused his Martian physiology to go awry! His leg wildly stretched out to send Sage flying and kick Rogue while he grit his teeth in pain, body writhing from the heat as their assault continued to wear on him from all fronts, Saturn Girl's forehead sweating as she kept Henshaw disoriented.

That's when Circe's call and the noise of their fight reached two sources. HE had awoken and smelled the sweet scent, the cries of battle. HE arose from the ocean and gave a mighty roar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnQ-ecP37Kc

The King of Monsters was back, and ready to reclaim his throne.

However, another arrived, a contender who was once human but now was the beast known as Fin Fang Doom!

Henshaw, being pushed back and pummeled, suddenly felt at ease.

"Roy, I think we're about to be stuck in a battle royale that will not be good for the locale! Any way we can get out of here soon?" Saturn Girl asked him as the group felt tremors with each step of the two titans about to clash.

"You are onlgghh delaying the inevitable endrrrggghhh" a frustrated, assaulted Henshaw gritted out while under siege.
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-25-2015 at 04:33 PM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Rogue View Post
    "Couldn't say it better m'self. You hit 'em high, ah'll hit 'em low."[/CENTER]
    Hawkman nodded accordingly. Soon, he would focus on a new enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post

Volvagia flew through the air, breathing out jets of flame. Linda, with her speed, was easily able to avoid the flames. However, she knew that she couldn't stay too far away from the rest of the group. She needed them and they needed her.

She ran toward the group, but still wished to keep the Nullifier away from the Cyborg.

Volvagia, meanwhile, flew after her. However, Linda was moving at such a speed that the dragon soon lagged behind her.

Fel Andar eyed his prey. Watching its patterns. Observing its movement. Suddenly, Volvagia locked its eyes towards him. As it flew closer and closer, Hawkman readied himself. Once he had the beast's routine locked down, the Savage Hawkman made his move...

"KATAAAAAR!"

In one swift motion Hawkman smashes Volvagia's head with his Nth-Metal infused mace!

"Stay down."
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Girl View Post
    ("You need to love yourself first Jeffrey. However, focus on trying to stay alive right now, we need your help until IT arrives!") Saturn Girl told him telepathically, focused on engaging Henshaw.
    "I...I...wow."

Jeff the Spider, spending most of his life searching for parental affection and finding none, was shocked that a stranger would give him such kind words, straight to his brain!

"You know, maybe you're right. I have to start being able to stand on my own eight feet. Everyone I hope to call my parents end up either lying to me or wanting nothing to do with me. But if I build myself up, validate myself through my OWN actions, I can start my OWN family and give what was never given to-"

...INCOMING JEFFREY INCOMING ANOTHER ISLANDER SWOOPS IN...

"Jeffrey...where are you? Clearly the invaders remain, or the sounds of fighting would not be heard. What are you doing over there? Did you not hear the roar of the King of King's? I am getting too old to keep rescuing you my son."

"Aragog! Listen, it's okay! I don't need you to look after me anymore! For once in my life I'm taking charge of my own GOSH-DANG DESTINY! And I'm starting with helping to end this!"

He skittered atop a nearby rock.

"These people aren't here to hurt us, and if these monsters would just listen they'd see that."

"But how can you know this to be fact Jeffrey?"

Aragog was taken aback by this sudden show of will and certainty, two things Jeff always seemed to lack.

"Trust me, Aragog. I'd bet my heart and soul and spinner on this. But I need your help. Call your other children! They need our numbers or they'll be overwhelmed!"

Aragog thought dusty thoughts. Complexities, complexities. To see such change though, and with a spider like Jeffrey...

"Jeffrey, I trust that heart of yours more than any word from any mouth."

The hairs on Aragog's ancient back bristled and a cry careened across Monster Island. Hundreds of Acromantula sons and daughters scurried and crawled out of shrubs and logs and trees, some descending from the canopy above to directly onto unfortunate monsters' heads. Such an injection of chaos and disorientation might be exactly what our heroes need!

With a *SWIKT*, Jeff the Spider latched a thick thread of web onto a runaway Xenomorph and swung it in the Cyborg Manhunter's direction!

"In the name of SELF-LOVE!"
    Last edited by Masterbasset; 06-25-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Sage View Post
    "We share no blood relations."Sage remarked stepping back casually as Ultra Rogue unleashed her ultra vision. "His counterpart from my reality was a mentor before my transformation into what I am now...This one however..." Cyborg Sage's eyes would shine a bright red. "I share no bonds with." With that she would unleash her own laser vision at their foe.
    "Good. For a second there ah was kinda worried one of us was holdin' back," she remarked sarcastically.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyborg Manhunter View Post
    Henshaw's hands would reflexively go up to guard his face from their bombardment, still recovering from the flash, attempting to shift his head down his abdomen but the combination of Flash Vision and Laser Vision caused his Martian physiology to go awry! His leg wildly stretched out to send Sage flying and kick Rogue while he grit his teeth in pain, body writhing from the heat as their assault continued to wear on him from all fronts, Saturn Girl's forehead sweating as she kept Henshaw disoriented.
    Like a whip, the kick connected with a crack to Ultra-Rogue's side. Flash-Vision being blasted continuously meant she couldn't switch to Hyper-Invulnerability to guard against the blow. She'd have to rely on her own toughness, and whatever minor protection her X-Legion belt provided.

It hurt like Hell. But she didn't move. She didn't let up. She couldn't let up. The Flash-Vision was working, but it was unquestionably her most taxing power. Even with the boost Harbinger had given her, Rogue was draining fast.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyborg Manhunter
    "You are onlgghh delaying the inevitable endrrrggghhh" a frustrated, assaulted Henshaw gritted out while under siege.
    "What's... th'matter... Manhunter," she said with labored breath, "Ain't we... still havin' fun?"

As the Acromantula found their targets, The Weaver's mind went on a tangent.

...AGAIN MY VOTE FOR THE GUILTY GOES TO THE HOUND-GHOSTS BUT AS FOR THEIR NEXT WEAPON OF CHOICE WAS IT THE CRACKLE OF LIGHTNING THAT BURNED EACH OF KITANA'S LIMBS OR PERHAPS AN OPTICAL BLAST HMM FOR NOW I WILL SAY THE FUSION-MAN HE EMITS BURSTS OF HEAT CAPABLE TO BURN THE SHADOW-WOMAN'S APPENDAGES...

OOC: Vote for Gammastorm!

"I...I...wow."

With a *SWIKT*, Jeff the Spider latched a thick thread of web onto a runaway Xenomorph and swung it in the Cyborg Manhunter's direction![/CENTER]

"In the name of SELF-LOVE!"
    Hearing Jeffy's cry, a magnificent menagerie of creatures rode towards the Cyborg Manhunter alongside the Acromantulas, a squad led in the air by Rodan and one on the ground headed by a certain talking tiger

"Onward! For our island! For our King!" he told the others, bounding along on all fours.

It hurt like Hell. But she didn't move. She didn't let up. She couldn't let up. The Flash-Vision was working, but it was unquestionably her most taxing power. Even with the boost Harbinger had given her, Rogue was draining fast.

"What's... th'matter... Manhunter," she said with labored breath, "Ain't we... still havin' fun?"
    Henshaw couldn't answer but Ultra Rogue would see a slight smirk-quickly blasted away-as he tried to shift his head out of the way, Martian physiology not adhering to his thoughts due to the two pronged assault of heated energy. He barley managed to eke out his Martian Vision but Saturn Girl's psionic strikes had been taxing, as well as the monsters turning on him at all fronts. Speaking of monsters, Cave Doom began to shake and rattle once more, then the top was COMPLETELY TORN OFF!

The being who did it was
    FIN FANG DOOM!
    Demonic destroyer, wing wielding warrior!

FIN FANG DOOM!
    Science gone wrong, an immoral man is now a dragon!

FIN FANG DOOM!
    He wears a mask to hide his face, vows to destroy the human race!

Wears pants to hide his modesty, will take them off after he destroys everybody!

Fin Fang Doom growled and leered at the group, his monstrous visage forever twisted into a snarl.

"Hrmph! Henshaw you said I would have this island for myself as long as you got to play with these travelers! I see that your fun has run out rather quickly and you were unable to keep HIM asleep! No matter, FIN FANG DOOM will dethrone the King of Monsters and my Monster Society of Evil will rule this Earth, starting with establishing my power base on Monster Island! he said, swinging a monstrous Makluan fist down at our heroes, only for it to be intercepted by Godzilla!
    (Circe! Looks like your ploy worked! Godzilla woke up and he doesn't like that someone is trying to take his throne!) Saturn Girl told her.

As the Acromantula found their targets, The Weaver's mind went on a tangent.

...AGAIN MY VOTE FOR THE GUILTY GOES TO THE HOUND-GHOSTS BUT AS FOR THEIR NEXT WEAPON OF CHOICE WAS IT THE CRACKLE OF LIGHTNING THAT BURNED EACH OF KITANA'S LIMBS OR PERHAPS AN OPTICAL BLAST HMM FOR NOW I WILL SAY THE FUSION-MAN HE EMITS BURSTS OF HEAT CAPABLE TO BURN THE SHADOW-WOMAN'S APPENDAGES...

OOC: Vote for Gammastorm!
    Acromantula diving in with reckless abandon, no fear at all to stop them from charging as their bodies swarmed Henshaw en masse.

OOC: Like our Awesome Arachnid here, please vote by today or tomorrow everybody!
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-26-2015 at 02:36 PM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Harbinger calls out to everyone mentally, "The Agents have chosen in incorrectly. Their suggestion had residual psychic energy from the presence of a Hound, but that is all."

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "Roy, I think we're about to be stuck in a battle royale that will not be good for the locale! Any way we can get out of here soon?" Saturn Girl asked him as the group felt tremors with each step of the two titans about to clash.
    "Sorry, got a little sidetracked searching for Hounds. But we're only getting out of here soon if we can get everyone in the same place," Roy notes. "We're too scattered across the island. The Monitor says he can't teleport us all at once this way."

OOC: Update either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how soon people vote!

Circe heard the great spider utter its vote.

Shields and winds were still going up as needed as Circe was still doing what she could to cover the others, but she managed to find the time to speak plainly. "I agree that the scorching of the body is significant. Unfortunately, this still fits a number of potential suspects. This time, I believe I will suspect the woman-- Ultra Rogue. I was unaware she had that power until she unleashed it just now in the heat of battle. It was swift, powerful, and relatively silent. If it were lightning, we likely would have heard it, so I do not suspect Thor of this latest murder. The one known as Gammastorm is also a worthy guess and I would wager that the duck likely has some device or another in his armory that could do such a job. She seems noble enough and I would consider changing my mind should I hear more from her. Still, for now, I shall vote for her."

OOC: Vote for Ultra Rogue

Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

Ultra Rogue knew Hawkman was right, but she sure wasn't about to admit it.

"You're lecturin' the wrong girl, Wings. Unless you're looking to get made into some Family-Size Original Recipe, that is. '...Sides, ah hedged my bets on Thor. Man pulled through, all on his own."
    Thor heartily clasped Ultra Rogue on the shoulder, smiling.

"Your faith in me is most appreciated, Rogue. Truly, you are a most noble ally!"

Harbinger floats above the group, calling out, "Roy, Monitor, everyone, I have unfortunate news. The remaining Hounds have struck."

Nearby, they see the body of Princess Kitana Prince. Most everyone has a look of confusion.

"Hey, I don't remember seein' this one earlier. Who is she?" Saturn Girl asks.

Roy puts his hand on her shoulder and says, "This is Princess Kitana of Themyscenia. She's a skilled warrior, who has lived for thousands of years. She's been keeping to the shadows ever since she arrived."

"Everyone," Roy says. "Please welcome Dr. Terrence Thirteen and Superboy. And say hello to Monster Island."
    Thor walked over to the corpse of the fallen Amazon. Another noble warrior, another treacherous falling. He bowed to close her eyes and silently commend her spirit to Asgard.

And then, he was on Monster Island.

"Ah. Seems I'm next. Aces." She address the group, saying, "Youse can call me Saturn Girl! I guess I'm your guide this time 'round!" The tone of her voice, her mannerisms, and her gestures all work to keep everyone at ease. She seems so approachable, friendly. "What are ya gawkin' at?" she asks. "We have a job to do!" This time there's a firmness to her voice, and they know she means business.
    "It is good to make your acquaintance, Saturn Girl! I trust you will do us proud."

She smiled back in appreciation, before directing the group around the island
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The boy of tomorrow stood on the island. He knew why he was hear. What the job was.

"Hello everyone. I am Superboy."
    "Greetings! I am Thor, God of Thunder."
    No sooner had a I made it back to the group could we all see the monsters gathering near the cavern. From its main entrance flew a creature forever blinded by vengeance and destruction,

The Cyborg Manhunter.

I said aloud, "The Cyborg Manhunter and an army of monsters. God help us all."
    Thor looked at this first member of the Suicide Squad with dread. Truly, a formidable foe, whose power easily rivalled his own. Yet still, he would not falter at this challenge.

Fortunately, his other allies decided to engage the villain for the time being. Thor would fall back until his assistance was required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    King Ghidorah with a bloodcurdling scream, firing thunderbolts at a scattering of creatures, though one small yellow rat seemed to resist the attacks while scampering to defend others. and Gigan! While the other monsters around our heroes scrambled to decide on what to do, Saturn Girl helped to stave the beasts off.

(Linda, that signal is Run! Run Linda, Run! Roy, cover her! Superboy, Thor and Gammastorm, fend off our two new arrivals!) Saturn Girl telepathically broadcasted to the group, doing her best to block them from Henshaw's mental assault and corral the monsters around them as well.
    Thor took to the sky, Mjolnir crackling with energy. He turned to face his opponents.

He would have to contend with King Gidorah and Gigan

ooc, gonna vote for Lobo da Duck

"Good. For a second there ah was kinda worried one of us was holdin' back," she remarked sarcastically.
    "The only thing our foe deserves is a swift death." She replied coolly.

"Was there at any point that we did have fun?" The Cyborg Sage asked continuing her laser assault.He mind would now drift to who to vote for and after some brief consideration would believe that Lobo the Duck was one of the culprits.

Linda, meanwhile, zoomed close to Roy. "We'd better get this over with quick. There's only so long I can keep the Nullifier out of the Cyborg's hands without leaving the island. And I can't leave the island without being stranded on this world."

She couldn't believe that people were expecting her to vote on one of the Hounds at a time like this. They had more immediate concerns right now, such as the Cyborg, Fin Fang Doom, and accomplishing their mission here.

Nonethless, she casted a vote for Lobo The Duck, though not with a whole lot of enthusiasm.

OOC: Will be away for several hours. Needed to get my vote in.