Page 19 of 114 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Clark smiled.

"Good, good! We're currently under attack, see those three?" he said, pointing at Vibe, Pyro and Blob.

"We're here to stop them. You can knock them out because Saturn Girl can take the info we need from their minds" Clark told her.
    "I see." Uttering no other word she'd burst towards the trio and deliver a vicious haymaker to the face of the Blob.

Meanwhile as the group in Gotham was about to leave the Purple Hood would say his goodbyes. "Good luck with your mission guys and gals, but the old Hood has to bounce!"

The Cat wasn't surprised. "Better things to do than saving the multiverse?"

"Jokes on you sis! When you're doing that I'll stay behind and protect this awesome city of yours."

"Hmph...do what you want." As the Cat joined the rest of the group to head towards the museum they'd hear the Purple Hood shouting after them.

"Hey! You better not get my lovely sister killed or anything! I know it seems like she hates my guts, but that's just because she has no sense of humor!"

The Cat didn't say anything but does walking next to her would see her crack the faintest of smiles.

Soon enough they would arrive at the museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    The party, and everyone else in the city would feel a wind kick up, harsh and fast as they made it to the museum. It was summer though, and even in a place like Gotham, summer was almost always warm or dry with no cool air kicking in randomly. With a blur, she appears with the Starheart under her arm just as they approach the museum and tells them they're too late!

"Well if you're here for the Starheart, you're too late! ZOOM, The Conqueror has obtained this artifact, and soon you will all join my beloved Eobard in the void of nothingness with the rest of reality!" she said, speeding off. If the faster heroes try to follow her, they'd find portals made throughout the city, littering robots, androids of awesome assignment and DEATH METAL MEN throughout the city of Gotham as she made her getaway.
    "Tch, we're too late..." She'd pull out her pistol from its holster.
    "Any speedster we got needs to head after instantly and cause interference long enough for the rest of us to catch up. The rust buckets are just distractions."

Earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie616 View Post
    "And a another fair lady is to be our guide! Might you be a warrior as well?"
    "Yes. A warrior by necessity," Koriand'r quickly replies.

Now...
    "Well if you're here for the Starheart, you're too late! ZOOM, The Conqueror has obtained this artifact, and soon you will all join my beloved Eobard in the void of nothingness with the rest of reality!" she said, speeding off. If the faster heroes try to follow her, they'd find portals made throughout the city, littering robots, androids of awesome assignment and DEATH METAL MEN throughout the city of Gotham as she made her getaway.
    "We are too late," says Harbinger, stating the obvious.

"Not if we act swiftly! We will capture her, or send her down the river Iss!" the princess exclaims, flying off into battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    "Tch, we're too late..." She'd pull out her pistol from its holster.
    "Any speedster we got needs to head after instantly and cause interference long enough for the rest of us to catch up. The rust buckets are just distractions."
    Before The Cat is even done speaking, Roy is running. Someone has to be able to catch her or slow her down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie616 View Post
    "Hummingbird, Rogue, can either of you give chase? I can provide coverage and assistance for you!"

To begin clearing their path, Thor lifted his hammer into the air, arc lightning shocking multiple Metallos and Daleks, stopping them in their tracks and shutting them down
    "Praise X'Hal! You are a warrior after all," Koriand'r complements, flying nearby, herself attacking foes with green energy bolts that burst from her hands.

Zoom creates a new portal, through which arrives, K.I.R.B.Y., the adapting android.

It uses its signature move and sucks--trying to absorb some new power, not caring for the amount of destruction such a vacuum brings.

"No killing! We need the djinn!" Clark told Dex-Starr as he slapped a fireball away from hitting the cat.
    "Kill and eat!" Dex-Starr stubbornly insisted. "I hungrrry!"
    "Like Clark said, we need the djinn okay Mr. Kitty? Just attack the bad guys and knock them out!" Captain Thunder told him, keeping the floor plates together.
    "Not eat? Okay play with bad guyss? Like mice?" Dex-Starr asked hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Zoom creates a new portal, through which arrives, K.I.R.B.Y., the adapting android.

It uses its signature move and sucks--trying to absorb some new power, not caring for the amount of destruction such a vacuum brings.
    Not knowing what else to do, Terrence threw himself against K.I.R.B.Y. from the side, hoping to deflect the android's aim, or at least distract its attention from the others.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 07-02-2015 at 08:55 AM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Daleks! View Post
    EXTERMINATE!
    EXTERMINATE!
    EXTERMINATE!

"Exterminate this!"

Using the Claw of Horus, the Savage Hawkman swoops in stabbing, slashing and slicing his way through any Dalek that gets in his way.

"The automatons are no match fo----"

~ZRRRRRR~

"ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!"

The Savage Hawkman was down.

EXTERMINATE!
    EXTERMINATE!
    EXTERMINATE!
    GLORIOUS!

Ultra-Rogue recovered in the Monitor's satellite, after a particularly harrowing battle against The Cyborg Manhunter and an array of super-monsters. But the day was saved. The Ultimate Nullifier was recovered. And even though they'd found another Hound, it cost them Sage.

Histories had never come up in conversation between the two, but on Rogue's world, she and Sage had been very much enemies. Tessa had operated as the right hand of the Black King, Sebastian Shaw, in the Hellfire Club. But that was years ago... since the Perilous Event, she'd been merged with Shaw into a half-man, half-cyborg monstrosity. THE BLACK, leader of THE HELLFIRE FIVE.

Now, in Neo-Gotham, the quest for the Starheart had begun, with the arrival of Bruce Wayne and Harley Quinn's twin children, heroes in their own right. Again, Rogue felt out of her element, but there were two more pressing matters...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom the Conqueror View Post
    The party, and everyone else in the city would feel a wind kick up, harsh and fast as they made it to the museum. It was summer though, and even in a place like Gotham, summer was almost always warm or dry with no cool air kicking in randomly. With a blur, she appears with the Starheart under her arm just as they approach the museum and tells them they're too late!

She poised her body to take a pointed running stance, but hesitated. Rogue raised her fists instead, inching backward until she bumped into Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Thor View Post
    Thor twirled his hammer, getting ready to smash some robots. There were few things as pleasant as crushing soulless metal objects in the name of justice!

"Hummingbird, Rogue, can either of you give chase? I can provide coverage and assistance for you!"
    The Thunder God immediately took notice as Rogue spoke in his general direction, before her voice trailed off shakily.

"Even if ah could catch her with Hyper-Speed... after fightin' off th' Cyborg... ah..."

"...ah never thought using Flash-Vision like that..."

The overexertion had struck Rogue utterly blind, much as similar efforts had affected the Hyperions of other worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Savage Hawkman View Post
    Using the Claw of Horus, the Savage Hawkman swoops in stabbing, slashing and slicing his way through any Dalek that gets in his way.

"The automatons are no match fo----" ~ZRRRRRR~ "ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!"

EXTERMINATE!
    EXTERMINATE!
    EXTERMINATE!
    "EXTERMIN--"

Hyper-Hearing perked up, and she took off. Like an upscaled game of bowling, Ultra-Rogue curled into a ball and struck into the pin-like Daleks in an effort to save Hawkman.

The ones that didn't recover in mid-air, collided with the ground with loud a CLANG. Rogue reached out wildly, a Hyper-Strength hand puncturing the Dalekanium armor and raising it above her head. Even if the Daleks were mutants too, Rogue had no idea they were living beings inside a robot-like shell. But she did know they were evil, and if exterminating was all they wanted, they were only barely better than the Brood. Almost mercilessly, and losing control, she brought the Dalek down, smashing it again and again on top of its fellows.

CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

"Yeah, yeah! Keep shoutin', y'oversized garbage cans! Makes it easy for me!"

CLANG! KA-CHUNK! SQUISH!

"THE WO-MAN. IS STRONG. ARMOR IS FAIL-ING. MAL-FUNC-TION. HELP. HELP. HEEEEELLLLL--"
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 07-02-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Circe faced the oncoming Daleks and other automata alongside her allies. She focused and waved her hands-- but nothing happened!

"This realm! I cannot perform my magicks here! I can likely still make potions and elixers, but I doubt they would do much against such foes!" Circe withdrew her wand, hoping it would help focus her powers, but still nothing occurred. She took a defensive stance, ready to do what little she could if needed.

"I see." Uttering no other word she'd burst towards the trio and deliver a vicious haymaker to the face of the Blob.
    Which would turn Blob's head, but he still grabbed Sage's arm and slammed her into the ground hard enough to make an imprint.

"Real nice swing y'got there girlie, but The Blob don't move for nobody!" he told her. Sage would then hear Saturn Girl's voice in her head.

"Sage, aim for the ground around this Blob and tell Captain Thunder to follow your lead!" she'd communicate telepathically.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    "Kill and eat!" Dex-Starr stubbornly insisted. "I hungrrry!"

"Not eat? Okay play with bad guyss? Like mice?" Dex-Starr asked hopefully.

Captain Thunder nodded, canceling out Vibe's attacks with punches to the ground and Clark stabilizing the faultlines around them.

"Yea, play with them like mice, you got it buddy!" he told the cat, while Blue Skies managed to go ahead to the teleportation chamber. He could fix it, but he needed a boost.

"Clark, I need your help to jumpstart this teleporter. Superman seems to have shut it down for human use" he told him through the mindlink. Clark flashed over to Blue Skies, leaving the rest of The Wanderers to act against these Brotherhood members. He knew they could handle them though.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Thunder & Blue Skies View Post
    Which would turn Blob's head, but he still grabbed Sage's arm and slammed her into the ground hard enough to make an imprint.

"Yea, play with them like mice, you got it buddy!" he told the cat, while Blue Skies managed to go ahead to the teleportation chamber. He could fix it, but he needed a boost.

"Clark, I need your help to jumpstart this teleporter. Superman seems to have shut it down for human use" he told him through the mindlink. Clark flashed over to Blue Skies, leaving the rest of The Wanderers to act against these Brotherhood members. He knew they could handle them though.
    Dex-Starr leaped gleefully onto the Blob's head, digging in with all his claws and tickling the villain's nose with his tail.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 07-02-2015 at 07:44 PM.

An entry from Roy Lincoln's satellite journal

In a war like this, and it is a war, success is dependent upon how well one can trust their allies and how well the group operates together. After the Cyborg's defeat, I had thought--and the group themselves were starting to believe--that I had chosen well. However, the fight against Zoom presented new challenges. First and foremost was that her control over spacetime allowed her access weapons from anywhere, anywhen. Such weapons included any number of robotic and metallic opponents for us to face.

Thor and Koriand'r did well, wiping out multiple opponents from the sky. Among them were the Daleks, genocidal cyborgs that look like they're made out of a trash can, a couple plungers, and some lights. Thor used his lightning to strike many of them down, but not all. As soon as he had, a robot called a K.I.R.B.Y. appeared. I had only encountered one of these. The one I saw was constructed by a villainous organization called A.I.M. to combat that world's premiere team of super-heroes, the Avengers. It sucks in its opponents, absorbs their power, and spits them back out.

Not knowing what else to do, Terrence threw himself against K.I.R.B.Y. from the side, hoping to deflect the android's aim, or at least distract its attention from the others.
    Dr. Thirteen succeeded in pointing the K.I.R.B.Y. away from the others. Unfortunately, that meant he ended up being the one sucked into its cybernetic stomach. Since he himself has no attack abilities, I wasn't sure what the K.I.R.B.Y. would do. One man down.

Hawkman was blindsided by a group of Daleks Thor hadn't managed to fry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "The automatons are no match fo----"

~ZRRRRRR~

"ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!"

EXTERMINATE!
    EXTERMINATE!
    EXTERMINATE!
    Typically, a shot from a Dalek means certain death. Harbinger moved into action.

"I will aid him. I may be able to heal him."

Fortunately, Ultra Rogue's injury didn't slow her down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    The ones that didn't recover in mid-air, collided with the ground with loud a CLANG. Rogue reached out wildly, a Hyper-Strength hand puncturing the Dalekanium armor and raising it above her head. Even if the Daleks were mutants too, Rogue had no idea they were living beings inside a robot-like shell. But she did know they were evil, and if exterminating was all they wanted, they were only barely better than the Brood. Almost mercilessly, and losing control, she brought the Dalek down, smashing it again and again on top of its fellows.

CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

"Yeah, yeah! Keep shoutin', y'oversized garbage cans! Makes it easy for me!"

CLANG! KA-CHUNK! SQUISH!

"THE WO-MAN. IS STRONG. ARMOR IS FAIL-ING. MAL-FUNC-TION. HELP. HELP. HEEEEELLLLL--"
    I'd keep an eye out in case her blindness became an issue. Just in case, I sent her a telepathic message, thinking, If you need some help seeing, let me know, and I'll be your eyes.

Unfortunately, Circe seemed to be ineffective on this Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Circe faced the oncoming Daleks and other automata alongside her allies. She focused and waved her hands-- but nothing happened!

"This realm! I cannot perform my magicks here! I can likely still make potions and elixers, but I doubt they would do much against such foes!" Circe withdrew her wand, hoping it would help focus her powers, but still nothing occurred. She took a defensive stance, ready to do what little she could if needed.
    Koriand'r landed next to her, to shield her from attack. "Fear not, Circe! By X'Hal's mane, you shall not suffer harm!"

With the others taken care of, I opted to attack the K.I.R.B.Y. After a few rapid punches and a little persistence, he spit Dr. Thirteen back at me.

Dex-Starr leaped gleefully onto the Blob's head, digging in with all his claws and tickling the villain's nose with his tail.
    The Blob panicked, swinging his arms wildly and trying to paw at the cat, only for Clark to pull a Thunder Wave and paralyze Blob's arms, leaving the mutant to endure the felines agonizing assault of adorable on his face

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Girl View Post

"Real nice swing y'got there girlie, but The Blob don't move for nobody!" he told her. Sage would then hear Saturn Girl's voice in her head.

"Sage, aim for the ground around this Blob and tell Captain Thunder to follow your lead!" she'd communicate telepathically.
    The blow didn't seem to hurt Sage even if it embedded into the ground. As she was rising up to continue the fight she'd hear Saturn Girl's voice in her head. "Understood." Seeing as Blob was occupied with fighting Dex-Starr Sage would embed her hands into the ground. "Captain Thunder. I require your assistance to lift the ground surrounding the man called Blob."

-----

Back in Gotham the Cat was fighting against the robots. Her sharp claws rip a nearby Dalek into pieces. "Push forward! We got to get past this fodder if we'll have any chance of survival!"

The blow didn't seem to hurt Sage even if it embedded into the ground. As she was rising up to continue the fight she'd hear Saturn Girl's voice in her head. "Understood." Seeing as Blob was occupied with fighting Dex-Starr Sage would embed her hands into the ground. "Captain Thunder. I require your assistance to lift the ground surrounding the man called Blob."

-----

Back in Gotham the Cat was fighting against the robots. Her sharp claws rip a nearby Dalek into pieces. "Push forward! We got to get past this fodder if we'll have any chance of survival!"
    "You got it ma'am! Lifting!" he told her, punching up the ground around Blob with Sage so the man would fall through.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lincoln View Post
    An entry from Roy Lincoln's satellite journal
    With the others taken care of, I opted to attack the K.I.R.B.Y. After a few rapid punches and a little persistence, he spit Dr. Thirteen back at me.
    "That thing gives 'having someone for dinner' a whole new meaning," Dr. Thirteen managed to quip as he pulled himself together and climbed shakily to his feet. "Thanks for the save, Mr. Lincoln."
    "You got it ma'am! Lifting!" he told her, punching up the ground around Blob with Sage so the man would fall through.
    As the ground crumbled beneath Fred Dukes, Dex-Starr leaped to solid land and looked around for another "mouse" to play with. Constructing a very long string, he began to circle Pyro, wrapping the string around the man's knees.

"That thing gives 'having someone for dinner' a whole new meaning," Dr. Thirteen managed to quip as he pulled himself together and climbed shakily to his feet. "Thanks for the save, Mr. Lincoln."

As the ground crumbled beneath Fred Dukes, Dex-Starr leaped to solid land and looked around for another "mouse" to play with. Constructing a very long string, he began to circle Pyro, wrapping the string around the man's knees.
    "Oy kitty, ye really wanna be deep fried don't ya?" Pyro asked him, a nimbus cloud of fire overhead darting towards Dex-Starr, only to be blocked by Captain Thunder, who smiled at Dex-Starr.

"let that chord rip kitty!"

"Oy kitty, ye really wanna be deep fried don't ya?" Pyro asked him, a nimbus cloud of fire overhead darting towards Dex-Starr, only to be blocked by Captain Thunder, who smiled at Dex-Starr.

"let that chord rip kitty!"

"Tho Lord Thor was eliminated by duplicitous cowardice, the spirit of thunder has yet to be vanquished, fiend!" Arak raised his Uru Otomahuk, and soon, a small localized fierce rainfall, replete with thunder, arose, pouring down mightily against Pyro's fire-cloud.