Page 33 of 114 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "I tried asking around, but all I've come across are vagrants and derelicts spouting off nonsense."

SIGH "It's like we never left the Asylum.

We're wasting too much time here. You would think there would be a castle of some sorts."
    Clark shook his head.

"No. From the times The Wanderers and I squared off with him, he didn't seem the type to lavish in opulence or decadence, as a matter of fact he would prefer squalor, like a CA-BLOODY RAO!" Clark exclaimed as he examined Zoom's tachyon trail he left behind. Those speedsters connected to the Speed Force, like Hummingbird or Zoom the Conqueror emitted a low energy frequency that could highlight where they had been to those with the ability to trace energy. Clark took off in a flash.

"Follow me NOW!" he told the others, who arrived with him to witness..

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    During one of his split-second jaunts, Zoom discovered a cave. Was it the cave that housed the Batmage? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Either way, Zoom vanished completely from view.

While it might take him only a nanosecond to zip through this cave, Zoom knew to do so would be foolhardy, as even with his considerable temporal powers, a misstep could be fatal. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary at the cave entrance-- no tracks, no traps, no signs of any human habitation.

Zoom's boots and eyes began to glow as he hovered and proceeded to venture further into the cave, allowing the darkness to swallow him completely-- who knows what, if anything, he would find while exploring the encompassing shadows...
    Such as a neuro-disrupter net! Zoom was caught in a web that once his body touched, lit up across him in a bright gold! It was then he heard the voice of his captor.

"You're new, but you're smart, a genius even but your ego overestimates your skill, it always does with your type. Don't attempt to struggle, the arcanotech web is something I crafted after capturing the trickster Anansi. The web weaves tighter the more you struggle, and can also change your reality of self. You could still be Victor Von Doom, but the Victor of a timeline that never was. I also know you're not the type to tell me your 'friends' will rescue you because you do not consider anyone a friend" the voice said from the shadows. Steely, determined and supremely self assured, the Batmage stepped forth.

And just as he stepped out of the shadows, the players would arrive to find Batmage staring at them.

"Right on time. We meet again, Sparks" he told Clark, who put a hand out in front of Iron Man and the others.

"Be careful" is all Clark told them. He saw the net Zoom was în and thought to himself he would have to get the man out, which would leave him open

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "All right." Linda said. "The map said it should be to the northeast of our current position."

She began to lead the way to what might be Apollyon's Citadel.

"We'll know it when we see it. It's a conspicuous metal structure. From what I've read, inside is a complex of corridors and laboratories and all sorts of strange facilities for monitoring Traitor Games. As well as keeping hidden things ... and persons ... they might want to keep hidden."

"This may or may not be the same facility the goddess Evinlea was hidden after an important battle with the Limbo Legion. That battle was mentioned in the notes I found along with the map. Apparently, a group of 'Presiders' ... Traitor Game Powers That Be and the people who are their proxies or representatives or ... something, I wasn't clear on the details ... aren't sure about Apollyon's status in the Traitor Games anymore. They haven't heard from Apollyon or the other Power That Be associated with him for a while."

She sighed. "So we really don't know what to expect."

She did not move at super speed, as she wanted the others to keep up with her. But she knew they'd know the Citadel when they saw it.
    "Well no matter what may come, we shall be prepared!" Kori announced as they reached the Citadel, which... had seen better days, to say the least.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Batmage View Post
    And just as he stepped out of the shadows, the players would arrive to find Batmage staring at them.

"Right on time. We meet again, Sparks" he told Clark, who put a hand out in front of Iron Man and the others.
    "Let me try a different approach here.

Batmage, please excuse Swifty McDoom over here. He's a Von Doom...its just his nature.

We come in peace. The Multiverse is in peril. Worlds will die if we don't succeed in our mission.

Will you help us?"
    GLORIOUS!

"Let me try a different approach here.

Batmage, please excuse Swifty McDoom over here. He's a Von Doom...its just his nature.

We come in peace. The Multiverse is in peril. Worlds will die if we don't succeed in our mission.

Will you help us?"
    Batmage glared at Iron Man, then dismissively waved his hand.

"No, the filth and cowardice of this existence needs to be washed away. Unlike your arrogant creator, and the doctor, I've seen the truth, the dark, seedy underpinnings of existence and accepted that this creation needs to be undone. In the new universe, all will be righted by my hand. Justice will reign supreme amongst law and order, evil wiped out on all levels. Those world's you've been to Iron Man, would you live in them? No, you wouldn't because I know you, I've watched you all on each world you've visited. Do you think the peace of that Camelot will last forever Thor? No, it will fall, and decadence will reign as the modern era approaches. Would you live in Killraven's world Iron Man? An earth besieged and destroyed by alien rule, planet scoured by a monstrosity? There are countless other worlds like that one across the multiverse, sick, decaying realities crawling towards death. What the Anti-Monitor plans to do is humane, wipe the slate clean and start fresh" he told Iron Man, his eyes unflinching as he stared at the machine, peering through to it's core almost.

Clark sent a sliver, spark, a bolt to the ground by Iron Man's feet as this happened. When it hit, his armor received a message.

"As you saw, he's not willing to aide us. I will try to free Doom, cover me with the others!" Clark told him

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Clark sent a sliver, spark, a bolt to the ground by Iron Man's feet as this happened. When it hit, his armor received a message.

"As you saw, he's not willing to aide us. I will try to free Doom, cover me with the others!" Clark told him
    The Superior Iron Man relayed a low frequency message back, so that Clark could only hear it.

"Go. I'll keep him talking."

"There's no justice in what you speak, Batmage. That's tyranny. You take away peoples' free will and make them live in fear. How can we live our lives in that manner? You ask me, you're just as bad as all the other would be despots. Maybe even worse. How can you say justice reigns in your world when all the denizens are too damn afraid to go outside?"
    GLORIOUS!

"So how did this Apollyon get all these artifacts from previous Traitor Games?" Linda asked.
    "He used to be involved somehow," Jason answers.

"We'll know it when we see it. It's a conspicuous metal structure. From what I've read, inside is a complex of corridors and laboratories and all sorts of strange facilities for monitoring Traitor Games. As well as keeping hidden things ... and persons ... they might want to keep hidden."

"This may or may not be the same facility the goddess Evinlea was hidden after an important battle with the Limbo Legion. That battle was mentioned in the notes I found along with the map. Apparently, a group of 'Presiders' ... Traitor Game Powers That Be and the people who are their proxies or representatives or ... something, I wasn't clear on the details ... aren't sure about Apollyon's status in the Traitor Games anymore. They haven't heard from Apollyon or the other Power That Be associated with him for a while."

She sighed. "So we really don't know what to expect."

She did not move at super speed, as she wanted the others to keep up with her. But she knew they'd know the Citadel when they saw it.
    "There! I see it!" says Mr. Blue Skies. An intricate compound appears before them, otherworldly, yet simplistic.

As they approach, Koriand'r remarks, "You did seem to be most correct, Hummingbird. No traps so far..."

By the time they reach the door, Blue Skies asks, "You think he'll just let us in?"

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "Well no matter what may come, we shall be prepared!" Kori announced as they reached the Citadel, which... had seen better days, to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    "He used to be involved somehow," Jason answers.

"There! I see it!" says Mr. Blue Skies. An intricate compound appears before them, otherworldly, yet simplistic.

As they approach, Koriand'r remarks, "You did seem to be most correct, Hummingbird. No traps so far..."

By the time they reach the door, Blue Skies asks, "You think he'll just let us in?"
    "I don't know." Linda said. "I think maybe I could vibrate my way in, and open the door from the other side. But we don't know what's in there."

She decided to vibrate herself inside anyway. Looking around cautiously for guards or traps, she decided to open the door.

She didn't even know if Apollyon was even present in the Citadel. But she was prepared to react in case guards reacted, or she set off any alarms or traps.

She briefly considered going ahead on her own, but decided it was best to let the others inside with her.

Such as a neuro-disrupter net! Zoom was caught in a web that once his body touched, lit up across him in a bright gold! It was then he heard the voice of his captor.

"You're new, but you're smart, a genius even but your ego overestimates your skill, it always does with your type. Don't attempt to struggle, the arcanotech web is something I crafted after capturing the trickster Anansi. The web weaves tighter the more you struggle, and can also change your reality of self. You could still be Victor Von Doom, but the Victor of a timeline that never was. I also know you're not the type to tell me your 'friends' will rescue you because you do not consider anyone a friend" the voice said from the shadows. Steely, determined and supremely self assured, the Batmage stepped forth.

"Be careful" is all Clark told them. He saw the net Zoom was în and thought to himself he would have to get the man out, which would leave him open.
    Mary Jane was not sure whether it would be a good idea to attempt to free Zoom or not. So she waited instead.

"No, the filth and cowardice of this existence needs to be washed away. Unlike your arrogant creator, and the doctor, I've seen the truth, the dark, seedy underpinnings of existence and accepted that this creation needs to be undone. In the new universe, all will be righted by my hand. Justice will reign supreme amongst law and order, evil wiped out on all levels. Those world's you've been to Iron Man, would you live in them? No, you wouldn't because I know you, I've watched you all on each world you've visited. Do you think the peace of that Camelot will last forever Thor? No, it will fall, and decadence will reign as the modern era approaches. Would you live in Killraven's world Iron Man? An earth besieged and destroyed by alien rule, planet scoured by a monstrosity? There are countless other worlds like that one across the multiverse, sick, decaying realities crawling towards death. What the Anti-Monitor plans to do is humane, wipe the slate clean and start fresh" he told Iron Man, his eyes unflinching as he stared at the machine, peering through to it's core almost.

The Superior Iron Man relayed a low frequency message back, so that Clark could only hear it.

"Go. I'll keep him talking."

"There's no justice in what you speak, Batmage. That's tyranny. You take away peoples' free will and make them live in fear. How can we live our lives in that manner? You ask me, you're just as bad as all the other would be despots. Maybe even worse. How can you say justice reigns in your world when all the denizens are too damn afraid to go outside?"
    Mary Jane did not really know what to add to that. Other than that Batmage was clearly insane. But saying so out loud at this point might undermine attempts to reason with him.

Instead, she turned to Clark. "What should I do? I can't free Zoom because of that yellow net. At least not directly." she said in an almost whisper. There was no sense letting the enemy hear about her Power Ring's weakness.

You're smart Stark, but you're missing a vital part of the equation here. What will they have to fear if they have no knowledge of what to fear? I have seen world after world fall into chaos and decadence so excuse me if my view on 'justice' does not coincide with yours" he told him. Clark would look like he was standing still while working through the arcanotech of Anansi's web that trapped Dr. Zoom.

Instead, she turned to Clark. "What should I do? I can't free Zoom because of that yellow net. At least not directly." she said in an almost whisper. There was no sense letting the enemy hear about her Power Ring's weakness.
    Mary Jane would notice Clark standing stock still, then see his face in her ring.

"I will free Zoom. Be prepared to defend yourself and remember, willpower is key!" his image said inside her ring, and with a thunderous SNAP! Zoom was free, but Clark was trapped!

"Great Churchill's Ghost! The binds magical nature makes me unable to slip free through pure strength or electrical power! It is using my abilities against me!" he said aloud, looking at the heroes.

"Just like I redesigned the web to do. Clark, after all of our dealings, you still try to stop me? You're as bullheaded as your father and the other Supermen I have eliminated"
    he said, then his helm began to glow, along with his gloves.

"The Sun and Century spawn, from this realm I sunder your bond!" he said, then clenched his fist and right before their eyes Clark exploded in a cloud of blue electricity. It was made clear that Batmage was not willing to listen to any reason except his own. He turned to the assembled heroes with one hand raised, and the other on his utility belt.

"Now, I would ask you to join me but considering your attachments to this reality, I know what your answers will be. Prepare to embrace the void" he told them, levitating into the air. The lack of pupils as he scowled at them and the almost expressionless voice he had was a chilling reminder that this man, once Bruce Wayne, had lost something on his path to godhood that he didn't want back.

"I don't know." Linda said. "I think maybe I could vibrate my way in, and open the door from the other side. But we don't know what's in there."

She decided to vibrate herself inside anyway. Looking around cautiously for guards or traps, she decided to open the door.

She didn't even know if Apollyon was even present in the Citadel. But she was prepared to react in case guards reacted, or she set off any alarms or traps.

She briefly considered going ahead on her own, but decided it was best to let the others inside with her.
    "Looks as if we are the first visitors Apollyon has had in a long time" Princess Kori'andr said aloud, then narrowed her eyes as they headed forward.

The Monitor scowls. "Hrm. I have lost contact with both teams. What is happening out there?"

"Looks as if we are the first visitors Apollyon has had in a long time" Princess Kori'andr said aloud, then narrowed her eyes as they headed forward.
    As the team advances, suddenly, the room fills with light, as if a switch had been flipped. The realize they are surrounded by mirrors.

"Hello, Wanderers. Welcome. I have not had guests in quite some time. You are the first to visit since my retirement. I know why you are here. You wish to take the artifacts I kept from the Presiders, all but forgotten after the climaxes of their games. I did, however, very much intend to be left alone. You will have to make your way through various physical and supernatural threats, some familiar, some bizarre. I will not remove these obstacles simply because you have need of me."

"Now, I would ask you to join me but considering your attachments to this reality, I know what your answers will be. Prepare to embrace the void" he told them, levitating into the air. The lack of pupils as he scowled at them and the almost expressionless voice he had was a chilling reminder that this man, once Bruce Wayne, had lost something on his path to godhood that he didn't want back.
    "This is it! Hit him with everything you have! Don't hold back!" Roy shouts, outraged at Clark's death. "Use unconventional tactics to keep him on his toes!"

"The Sun and Century spawn, from this realm I sunder your bond!" he said, then clenched his fist and right before their eyes Clark exploded in a cloud of blue electricity. It was made clear that Batmage was not willing to listen to any reason except his own. He turned to the assembled heroes with one hand raised, and the other on his utility belt.

As Clark disintegrated, Mary Jane recoiled in shock and horror.

I was just talking to him. And now he's gone. Just like that.

Mary Jane had seen death before. When she was a little girl, she was invited to her friend Sheri's house. At dinner, Sheri's father collapsed and Mary Jane saw him die. Since then, she had seen others die in front of her, some of them good people and some of them enemies. And though she barely even knew Clark Sparks, seeing his death was no less disturbing.

Mary Jane knew she had to avoid mindless lashing out. If Clark Sparks could be killed this easily, then she could not let her emotions get the better of her. But that didn't mean she wasn't just as outraged about Clark's death as Roy was.

"This is it! Hit him with everything you have! Don't hold back!" Roy shouts, outraged at Clark's death. "Use unconventional tactics to keep him on his toes!"
    Mary Jane merely nodded, and used the Power Ring to create a dozen green boulders. She hurled them at the Batmage with great force, knowing she could not hold anything back. She hoped the others would back her up on this.

The Wanderers

As the team advances, suddenly, the room fills with light, as if a switch had been flipped. The realize they are surrounded by mirrors.

"Hello, Wanderers. Welcome. I have not had guests in quite some time. You are the first to visit since my retirement. I know why you are here. You wish to take the artifacts I kept from the Presiders, all but forgotten after the climaxes of their games. I did, however, very much intend to be left alone. You will have to make your way through various physical and supernatural threats, some familiar, some bizarre. I will not remove these obstacles simply because you have need of me."
    "But don't you realize what's at stake here?" Linda demanded to the unseen Apollyon. "The fate of countless worlds is at stake. We NEED the artifacts to save billions of lives! If you just give us those artifacts, we'll be glad to leave you alone and not bother you again."

You're smart Stark, but you're missing a vital part of the equation here. What will they have to fear if they have no knowledge of what to fear? I have seen world after world fall into chaos and decadence so excuse me if my view on 'justice' does not coincide with yours" he told him. Clark would look like he was standing still while working through the arcanotech of Anansi's web that trapped Dr. Zoom.

"Just like I redesigned the web to do. Clark, after all of our dealings, you still try to stop me? You're as bullheaded as your father and the other Supermen I have eliminated"

"NO! You heartless monster!"

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lincoln View Post
    The Superior Iron Man swoops around, allowing Mary Jane's boulder constructs strike at Batmage.

"Unconventional tactics, you say? Let's try this then..

Switch to Space Armor Mark III!

Proton Cannon! Lock & Load!"

GLORIOUS!

Chilling.

Bas-Lag was the name of the multiverse the majority of Weavers called home, where a majority of their lives were lived. Even then, they were a rare sight. Of those that had met One before, they would be shocked to see the actions of this one during the game. It was coherent to speak to, cooperative, and it stuck to the task at hand. This is rare, amongst Weaver kind, and almost never seen in its home of Bas-Lag.

There is a reason.

The Weaver mind, despite its esoteric way, insane by any standard, is centered deeply and completely on one goal. The continuation of the Multiverse, the Worldfabric, the Worldweave. To keep everything spinning and finely tuned. This Traitor Game happens to be a means to exactly that.

"No, the filth and cowardice of this existence needs to be washed away. Unlike your arrogant creator, and the doctor, I've seen the truth, the dark, seedy underpinnings of existence and accepted that this creation needs to be undone. In the new universe, all will be righted by my hand. Justice will reign supreme amongst law and order, evil wiped out on all levels. Those world's you've been to Iron Man, would you live in them? No, you wouldn't because I know you, I've watched you all on each world you've visited. Do you think the peace of that Camelot will last forever Thor? No, it will fall, and decadence will reign as the modern era approaches. Would you live in Killraven's world Iron Man? An earth besieged and destroyed by alien rule, planet scoured by a monstrosity? There are countless other worlds like that one across the multiverse, sick, decaying realities crawling towards death. What the Anti-Monitor plans to do is humane, wipe the slate clean and start fresh"
    "Now, I would ask you to join me but considering your attachments to this reality, I know what your answers will be. Prepare to embrace the void" he told them,

And that's why it is chilling to see this. These words made the mad-god jolt at the, at the...ignorance.

This was his Mission. He the Inquisitor to the Multiverse's gospel. And he had found an infidel, spewing his filth. Disgusting. It must be flayed, painfully. It's ****-stained ideas made for what they are.

The Weaver, the only Weaver here, drew himself to his full height. His voice was injected with aghast anger.

...I'LL NOT HEAR SUCH BILE...

...NEVER HAVE I EVER HEARD SUCH APOSTASY FROM A CHILD OF THE WORLDWEAVE...YOU BOBBIN YOU PRESUMPTUOUS LARVAE YOU ARE THREAD SEEKING TO DESTROY ITS OWN SPOOL IT IS PITEOUS GHASTLY UNFOUNDED YOU WILL NOT SLITHER FROM MY HAND I WILL UNMAKE YOU...

...IF YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING US THEN YOU KNOW WHAT I AM WHAT I DO AND WHAT I DO IS REMOVE KNOTS TUMORS LIKE YOU...

...YOU CALL IT 'FILTH' DEEM IT FLAWED YET ITS CANOPY RAISED YOU GAVE YOU LIFE CHOICE AND YOU CONSPIRE TO BURN IT ALL ALL THAT SHE AND WE WEAVED FOR YOU...

...THERE IS NO FAIR, THERE IS NO JUST, THERE ONLY IS...ONLY THE WEAVER CAN LABEL A MISTAKE IN HIS WORK AND YOU HAVE SPAT ON MY VERY EXISTENCE THE LAYMAN DEIGNING TO CRITICIZE HIGH ART...

...I WILL UNMAKE YOU AND YOUR TANTRUMS BEFORE THEY UNMAKE US ALL YOU STUPID STUPID BOBBIN...

With a speed fueled by birth-given purpose, Weaver opened two Ways: One in front of the beam of Iron Man's Proton Cannon as it careened toward Batmage, swallowing the projectile, and the other directly behind Batmage, releasing the cargo at almost point-blank range!
    Last edited by Masterbasset; 08-17-2015 at 09:38 PM.

"I will free Zoom. Be prepared to defend yourself and remember, willpower is key!" his image said inside her ring, and with a thunderous SNAP! Zoom was free, but Clark was trapped!

"Great Churchill's Ghost! The binds magical nature makes me unable to slip free through pure strength or electrical power! It is using my abilities against me!" he said aloud, looking at the heroes.

After being freed and Clark had dissipated, Zoom stood stoically, addressing the Bat-Mage as if no one else were even in the room.

"Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle thhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeee innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnterfeeeeeeeeeerencccccccce ooooooof... theseotherswasneitherneedednorwanted... I could have escaped at any time, as given your reputation, I deem your trap... disappointing. Theatrical, and perhaps practical to some extent, but hardly enough for one such as Zoom. I take solace in that allowing the hero to 'free' me, the one you called 'Clark' attained what all of these supposed heroes strive for. Sacrifice. For the greater good.

However.

They are mine to improve and you have interfered enough. You speak of magicks, Bat-Mage? You dare to deem yourself the only mage of import here?

Tell me.

Can you cast your spells faster than the speed of sound?"

Vast amounts of energy crackled around Doctor Zoom before he blurred and blipped from existence.

Instantly, a hundred spells seemed to assault the Bat-Mage from all directions.