Page 21 of 114 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

OOC: Since voting is only now starting well, let's give everyone at least a day and a half. Voting extended to tomorrow night at 11:00 PM EST.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Dr. Thirteen swore under his breath. We've got to stop playing catch-up. Aloud he said, "If the Starheart is anything Like most magical objects, it will have a unique mystical signature. Can any of you with enhanced vision see an eerie, fading glow?"
    Harbinger stops tending to Hawkman long enough to scan the area. "I can detect traces of its existence, but I can't pinpoint when it was lost. There are too many overlapping patterns."

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Circe turned to the Koriand'r, "You remind me at least partially of another princess I know. I suppose you could call her my friend... or my adversary. Or both. Either way, my thanks unto you. Let us hope the next realm is far more accommodating to my magical energies. In the meantime, perhaps I can be of at least some use."

Circe detached one of the golden spheres on her ankle bracelet and twisted it open. Bringing the open container near her lips, she blew a sparkling powder towards a group of Daleks that were firing at other members of the group. The Daleks' robotic shells shook as the powder seemed to flutter about them and what was once strange alien metal turned to mere sand, collapsing into piles with writhing horrific aliens inside, jabbering angrily.

[COLOR="#800080"][FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Sadly, that's all I have that I think can affect such creatures. Thankfully, potions and powders tend to not be susceptible to the same effects as mystical energies.
    "And it was most helpful! Thank you!" Koriand'r exclaims. "I am sure your adversary friend would be proud of your efforts."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Gammastorm was unusually quiet as he flew around the room, dispatching daleks and other robots with his superstrength. He fought only half-heartedly- and half-mindedly. Doc Banner was still non-responsive, leaving Rick to carry on the role of Gammastorm by himself.

"Can't believe I'm sayin' this, Doc," Gammastorm muttered under his breath as he slammed one superpowered fist through a dalek's metallic shell. "I could really use your brain power about now. An' so could the rest of the team!"

He rocketed over towards Circe, as he noticed her transmute daleks into dust. "Huh." Gammastorm slapped himself in the temple. "Why didn't I think of that?" Hands outstretched, he pointed towards another group of daleks. "Let's hope I remember the doc's lessons now..."

Waves of energy coruscated from his extremities and towards the daleks, their ionizing radiation reconfiguring the very molecular structures of the robots and transmuting their outer, metallic shells into... cardboard!!!

"That oughtta help!" He gave a thumbs up to the sorceress Circe. "As for the last hound, I gotta confess I haven't been paying too much attention since the Doc went AWOL, but your guess sounds as good as any."
    A wry grin spreads across the Princess's face. "Now we can make quick work of them." Subsequently, the battlefield became almost a blur of green energy, silver sword-slinging, and orange-tinged kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie616 View Post
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Thor began his assault by using his enhanced speed to rush the adaptoid, striking it hard with his hammer, electricity crackling. K.I.R.B.Y. went spinning to the air, where it was met by a giant Thunderbolt crashing down upon it.
    It just so happens that right before Thor unleashes his Thunderbolt, Gammastorm's radiation affects the K.I.R.B.Y. as well. It turns into cardboard just as it gets struck by the large bolt of electricity! The once-powerful K.I.R.B.Y. is burnt to a crisp.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    OOC: Since voting is only now starting well, let's give everyone at least a day and a half. Voting extended to tomorrow night at 11:00 PM EST.

Harbinger stops tending to Hawkman long enough to scan the area. "I can detect traces of its existence, but I can't pinpoint when it was lost. There are too many overlapping patterns."
    "So we're looking for a needle in a haystack." Linda said. "This is going to take a while."

In the meantime, Linda knew that they had to vote.

"I don't really like doing this. I don't like having to vote out people who are my allies in this. They didn't ask to be possessed by the Hounds. But if I had to pick someone who has both the physical strength and the technical know-how to accomplish the murders, I'd pick Gammastorm. I'm sure that he could find ways to make Cyborg Sage explode."

"I hate doing this, but my vote's for Gammastorm." Linda concluded with a sigh.

The Cat had fought against the robots as best as she could, but even with the suit granting her enhanced abilities it was still an uphill battle. As she fought however her mind drifted back to what the Monitor had said about a murder the group she was now with had experienced.

And explosion had killed a Cyborg Superman like entity. While she wasn't familiar enough with the team she knew there was a Flash on it...perhaps her phasing powers would have allowed her to do the deed?

OOC: Vote for Hummingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Now that she had a moment, Linda turned to face her accusers. "I assure you, I'm not the last Hound. The thing is, the Hounds keep jumping from person to person. The Monitor gave us Agents, but they can't completely clear people. Just because someone wasn't possessed by a Hound in one round doesn't mean they can't in another."

"But I promise you, I am not possessed by one of the Hounds, nor have I been in the previous rounds. I don't know what else I can say. You'll have to trust me on this."

Circe looked at Hummingbird, taking her words into consideration. "I am certain your words are sincere, but the very nature of possession indicates one wouldn't know if they were possessed or not. However, if you demonstrate that vibrating through things does not make them explode, perhaps minds can be changed."

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post

Circe looked at Hummingbird, taking her words into consideration. "I am certain your words are sincere, but the very nature of possession indicates one wouldn't know if they were possessed or not. However, if you demonstrate that vibrating through things does not make them explode, perhaps minds can be changed."
    At once, Linda zipped through the wall of a building. She zoomed through the opposite wall, and then turned left, zoomed into another building, and then turned left again, vibrating through another wall. She zoomed through the building across the street, turned left again, zoomed through the wall to the building nearby, turned left, vibrated through that wall, and stopped in front of Circe.

"Okay. I just vibrated through several walls there. None of them exploded. None of the Flashes regularly caused the things they vibrated through to explode, and my power comes from the same source as theirs. That thing that, for lack of a better term, they call the Speed Force." Linda said.

"So, vibrating through things doesn't normally make them explode. And that's a good thing. I think Zoom, the Daleks, and the rest of those mechanoids have done more than enough damage here already."

Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    It just so happens that right before Thor unleashes his Thunderbolt, Gammastorm's radiation affects the K.I.R.B.Y. as well. It turns into cardboard just as it gets struck by the large bolt of electricity! The once-powerful K.I.R.B.Y. is burnt to a crisp.
    "A job well done, my friend!" Thor said to Gammastorm.

Thor reconvened with the rest of the group, landing next to Hummingbird and Circe.

"Another realm, another victorious battle! Are we any closer to finding the Starheart? May I be of assistance in the task?"

But Thor found himself in the middle of a voting round instead of the search.

"So we're looking for a needle in a haystack." Linda said. "This is going to take a while."

"At this point in our quest, I believe there are few of us who, if possessed, would be unable to achieve the destruction unleashed upon our friend, Sage. I will stand with the accused. We exercise wisdin in our decision. Take it from a God who has made many foolish mistakes: much folly can come from rushing into a battle, or a conclusion. And so, in order to stay the hand of the Monitor, I will vote for Gammastorm"

ooc: vote for Gammastorm

In the meantime, Linda knew that they had to vote.

"I don't really like doing this. I don't like having to vote out people who are my allies in this. They didn't ask to be possessed by the Hounds. But if I had to pick someone who has both the physical strength and the technical know-how to accomplish the murders, I'd pick Gammastorm. I'm sure that he could find ways to make Cyborg Sage explode."

"I'm also reluctant to accuse anyone without proof," said Dr. Thirteen. "But if I must vote for someone, let it be Gammastorm. If I understand correctly, he is two beings; what if one is possessed to act against us while the other seeks to aid us?"

OOC: Vote for Gammastorm.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

At once, Linda zipped through the wall of a building. She zoomed through the opposite wall, and then turned left, zoomed into another building, and then turned left again, vibrating through another wall. She zoomed through the building across the street, turned left again, zoomed through the wall to the building nearby, turned left, vibrated through that wall, and stopped in front of Circe.

"Okay. I just vibrated through several walls there. None of them exploded. None of the Flashes regularly caused the things they vibrated through to explode, and my power comes from the same source as theirs. That thing that, for lack of a better term, they call the Speed Force." Linda said.

"So, vibrating through things doesn't normally make them explode. And that's a good thing. I think Zoom, the Daleks, and the rest of those mechanoids have done more than enough damage here already."

Circe nodded in approval. "My apologies, then. Your powers differ from the speedster I was told about in my realm. Very well. I shall stay true to my word and vote for Gammastorm instead."

OOC: Vote change to Gammastorm

Incredible Member

"What? No, guys..." Rick was confused by the tide of votes turning against him and Banner. "You're all making a huge mistake."

Internally, he tried to appeal to his mentor for advice. C'mon, Doc. I really need your help here. We're being accused of being the Hound, and I don't know how to get these cats to see things clear.

Sorry, Rick. Banner's voice finally answered. This whole affair- it's hard to process...

Rick sighed with inward guilt. I know; I'm sorry I mentioned Ja... you know who. It was a stupid thing to do.

No, it's not that. Not entirely. Doc Banner stressed. Everything seems wrong here. Like none of this was supposed to have happened. We weren't supposed to exist. It's hard to explain...

"Gotcha," Gammastorm said aloud, to his internal dialogue. To the group, he ventured, "Look, it may be like you say- that I blew up that nice cyborg lady- if these Hounds can possess anyone. But I feel in my gut that it wasn't me, an' if you guys vote me out... well, you're going to be missing the real killer." He shrugged. "That's all I got."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    "What? No, guys..." Rick was confused by the tide of votes turning against him and Banner. "You're all making a huge mistake."

Internally, he tried to appeal to his mentor for advice. C'mon, Doc. I really need your help here. We're being accused of being the Hound, and I don't know how to get these cats to see things clear.

Sorry, Rick. Banner's voice finally answered. This whole affair- it's hard to process...

Rick sighed with inward guilt. I know; I'm sorry I mentioned Ja... you know who. It was a stupid thing to do.

No, it's not that. Not entirely. Doc Banner stressed. Everything seems wrong here. Like none of this was supposed to have happened. We weren't supposed to exist. It's hard to explain...

"Gotcha," Gammastorm said aloud, to his internal dialogue. To the group, he ventured, "Look, it may be like you say- that I blew up that nice cyborg lady- if these Hounds can possess anyone. But I feel in my gut that it wasn't me, an' if you guys vote me out... well, you're going to be missing the real killer." He shrugged. "That's all I got."
    Linda turned to face Gammastorm. "Look, I want to believe you. Really I do. But the thing is, these Hounds can possess anyone. Even Nicki Minaj could be a Traitor under these circumstances."

"The problem is, I don't know who else to vote for. I know I didn't do this ... don't ask me how, but I know. But who else has the ability to cause Cyborg Sage to explode?"

She sighed. "I wish I knew. If I did, I might change my vote."

Harbinger calls out to the group, "I may have been unable to locate the Starheart, but Roy and I received word from the Agents. Their choice is not possessed by the remaining Hypertime Hound, but has encountered Hound energy."

Voting update
    Chris Lang/Hummingbird (2): Cthulhudrew/Gammastorm, Jeremi/The Cat
    Cthulhudrew/Gammastorm (4): Chris Lang/Hummingbird, wolvie616/Thor, Anodyne/Dr. Thirteen, Nschornhorst/Circe

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Rogue View Post
    "Somethin' about your cuz, Tess--" she said, lifting her visor past her forehead, her naturally green eyes turning a violent red.

In an instant, they flared open with a supercharged blast of focused atomic fire!

"--really burns me up!"[/CENTER]
    Linda turned to face Gammastorm. "Look, I want to believe you. Really I do. But the thing is, these Hounds can possess anyone. Even Nicki Minaj could be a Traitor under these circumstances."

"The problem is, I don't know who else to vote for. I know I didn't do this ... don't ask me how, but I know. But who else has the ability to cause Cyborg Sage to explode?"

She sighed. "I wish I knew. If I did, I might change my vote."
    A thoughtful expression crossed Dr. Thirteen's face. "Ultra Rogue was with Cyborg Sage shortly before her death, when they were fighting the Cyborg Manhunter," he observed. "We saw what her flash vision did to Henshaw; who knows what her powers could have done to Sage? And she could have been compelled to help Zoom hide the Starheart. I'm sorry, Ultra Rogue; I admire your courage, but I'm changing my vote to you."

OOC: Vote change to Ultra Rogue
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

OOC: Vote for gammastorm. Will get back in. Sorry for this whole thing

OOC: Sadly I can only give an OOC vote as well, I will vote yet again for Gammastorm!

Quote Originally Posted by Collision View Post
    Ultra Rogue barreled into her with Hyper-Invulnerability and a loud THWADOOM, knocking Zoom out and the two careening down the street. Zoom the Conqueror had been conquered, but something was missing. The Starheart!
    Ultra-Rogue sat on top of the unconscious Zoom the Conqueror amidst craters in the street and sidewalk where they'd careened.

Today had been a pretty harrowing day, after all. No reason not to sit down and catch your breath, even if it was on top of a supervillain.

"Hoo. Reckon now might be a good time to have a cigarette. Or start smokin'."

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    Linda stopped, and turned to Roy and the others. "This woman ... I know what she's going through to some extent. But that still doesn't excuse what she's done."

"I guess this goes to show that everyone leaves someone behind when they go. Even bad men like Eobard Thawne."
    "Don't let it bother you none, shug'. Zoom here is just usin' her ex-man as an ex-cuse to be a bad gal."

Then the house was again divided. Hummingbird accusing Gammastorm, and others joining in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Thirteen View Post
    A thoughtful expression crossed Dr. Thirteen's face. "Ultra Rogue was with Cyborg Sage shortly before her death, when they were fighting the Cyborg Manhunter," he observed. "We saw what her flash vision did to Henshaw; who knows what her powers could have done to Sage? And she could have been compelled to help Zoom hide the Starheart. I'm sorry, Ultra Rogue; I admire your courage, but I'm changing my vote to you."
    She turned in the direction of Doctor Thirteen, now standing up.

"If you're sayin' ah drove myself blind killin' one of my own teammates, then managed to help somebody else hide somethin'... at hyper-speed... while blind..."

Rogue sighed, shrugging.

"Well, ah figure y'all ain't better at seein' with two good eyes.

We got plenty else who could'a blown up Tess. Me, yeah, but there's Thor an' mohawk-boy tossin' around some serious power too. Ah don't much think it's the smokestack kid, for whatever it's worth discussin' still."

OOC: Vote for Arak Magnus!
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 07-07-2015 at 08:06 PM.