Page 11 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    Clark's story about his own mother was truly moving. The tingling sensation of his energies, just by touch, even through fabric, was comforting to Rogue.

"Ah've done my fair share'a runnin'-- ah've gone to most lengths humanly possible, some that ain't, and today shows it still ain't enough. Nowadays ah'm grateful not t'have Hyperion in my head anymore, but a good man is dead 'cause ah made a mistake and couldn't control th' power."

The more she spoke, the more her grief transformed into a rage she'd buried deep in her psyche. Ultra Rogue abruptly tore her hand away from Clark's and stood up, shaking.

"Xavier showed me people could forgive, Logan understood, ah thought ah'd come t'terms with it with their help, but just seein'... him... tears it open like a fresh wound. Ah'm that same twisted teenager, a thief an' murderer just tryin' at bein' a hero. When ah look at me-- when ah look in a mirror-- that's still what ah see.

An' no amount of savin' worlds is gonna change that."

Her eyes glistened as tears welled up, and Hyper-Invulnerability couldn't nearly withstand what came next.
    Clark stood up and his hand wiped away the tears that came down, his eyes locked with hers.

"That's not what I see when I look at you" he told her, his voice resonating with emotion.

"When I look at you, I see the greatness humanity can rise to, Rogue. You've been through so much and you're still standing, so resilient, so strong. That's beautiful. You're beautiful" he said, and after a moment of looking at her, caressing Rogue's cheek and leaned in......
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks View Post
    Clark stood up and his hand wiped away the tears that came down, his eyes locked with hers.

"When I look at you, I see the greatness humanity can rise to, Rogue. You've been through so much and you're still standing, so resilient, so strong. That's beautiful. You're beautiful" he said, and after a moment of looking at her, caressing Rogue's cheek and leaned in......
    The moment felt perfect. Perfect enough where Rogue had curbed her worries. Enough where she could finally let go, reach out, and connect with someone...

"Clark... we can't... ah..."

Dangerous as it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay of the land View Post
    The eye floats around the city of Camelot, seeing its grand splendor, so grand that its beauty might reach what remains of Sage's humanity. The group is currently within Camelot's main building--The Great Castle that stands in the middle of the edge of the city, in the North, overlooking the entire area. As the swings around, it see Hippolyta giving a guard some instructions at an outlook station. It finds The Green Hood in the front gardens, training a group of youngsters how to fire arrows. As it swings to the backside of the castle, it sees that the castle is built atop and into a large seaside cliff. A waterfall pours into it, flowing from the river that runs through the city. Flying back into the city, the eye sees people in everyday routines--smiths working their crafts, vendors in markets selling their goods, and women washing clothes along the river. Camelot is surrounded by a large wall, with three large gates, all three of which are currently open. The great river flows westward, where beyond the walls farmland can be seen. To the East is the forest encountered earlier. To the South is nothing but hills and open land.
    Sage was quite surprised with what she was seeing. Everything seemed so serene...so calm. There was always something hidden beneath the surface, something dark, but for now any of that was not to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Rogue View Post
    "Clark... we can't... ah..."
    "Some would find the scenery of this land to be esthetically pleasing." She replied off hand loud enough for Rogue and Clark to hear it. "I will continue surveying the area to see if there's something of more importance other than architecture."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Sage was quite surprised with what she was seeing. Everything seemed so serene...so calm. There was always something hidden beneath the surface, something dark, but for now any of that was not to be seen.

"Some would find the scenery of this land to be esthetically pleasing." She replied off hand loud enough for Rogue and Clark to hear it. "I will continue surveying the area to see if there's something of more importance other than architecture."

Clark snapped out of the moment to address Sage.

"Uh yes, it is quite a sight, Sage. Quite. A. Sight" he said, looking at Ultra Rogue and hiding the disappointment in his voice with a smile.

"Be careful, there's only a few things of importance to us around here" he told her.
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-20-2015 at 08:26 PM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

OOC: Everyone remember to vote. We hope to update late Sunday/early Monday!

Linda, meanwhile, was stuck at knowing what to do about Merlin's trial. So her thoughts turned back to Kudo.

How this Kudo got a hold of a Bat costume was no longer the problem. The problem was in how he died.

"The Monitor said we have to do two things." Linda said. "Recover those items, and find the people posssessed by the Hounds."

"We found Kudo's body crushed and bloodied. Anyone with sufficient strength, or capable of manipulating heavy items, could have done it. But we're supposed to pick someone and vote for them. I just don't know who we should vote for."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post

"Uh yes, it is quite a sight, Sage. Quite. A. Sight" he said, looking at Ultra Rogue and hiding the disappointment in his voice with a smile.

"Be careful, there's only a few things of importance to us around here" he told her.
    "I do not trust this city." She replied bluntly.
    "A place only built of supposedly only light...casts a much darker shadow. I intend to see if that is true."

"I do not know who to vote for. I assume someone with sufficient strength and perhaps a blunt instrument? For the moment, I shall vote for Thor. But should he pass the trial Merlin's spell sets forth, I will be happy to change my vote."

OOC: Vote for Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post

"I do not know who to vote for. I assume someone with sufficient strength and perhaps a blunt instrument? For the moment, I shall vote for Thor. But should he pass the trial Merlin's spell sets forth, I will be happy to change my vote."

"I think Thor might be too obvious a choice for this one." Linda said. "Thor has a powerful hammer and the victim was crushed, true, but he's not the only one who's really powerful."

"What about that other person ... Gammastorm or something, did I catch his name? Anyway, I'm going to vote for him. I think he's strong enough to do the damage that was done to Kudo."

OOC: Vote for Gammastorm.

Dex-Starr gave the feline equivalent of a shrug. "Lobo Duck guy kill anyone for pay; I vote for him. How he kill Bat-boy? Not my prroblem; we all sssafer with him gone."

OOC: Vote for Lobo the Duck
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Sage View Post
    "Some would find the scenery of this land to be aesthetically pleasing." She replied off hand loud enough for Rogue and Clark to hear it. "I will continue surveying the area to see if there's something of more importance other than architecture."

As Sage made her presence known, interrupting an otherwise tender moment, Rogue's face went completely flush. She retreated from Clark so quickly, unconsciously taking to the air, and exclaiming in shock.

"W-what am ah doin'?! My mutant powers-- ah can't touch you without hurting you!"

Rogue turned away from the two of them quickly to hide any tears. In a combination of embarrassment and fear, she flew towards the treetops.

A now gloveless hand reached toward her lips. A brief crackle of blue static arced between the exposed skin. It was an odd sensation, an odd realization.

They did kiss. And Clark was no worse for wear.
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 06-21-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Circe View Post

"I agree to an extent. However, Thor might be too obvious of a suspect. Which is why my suspicions are drawn towards the feline. Cannot say I am familiar with the symbol it bears, though it does resemble that of the Green Lanterns, there is just something...sinister about him."

OOC: Vote for Dex-Starr

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Rogue View Post
    As Sage made her presence known, interrupting an otherwise tender moment, Rogue's face went completely flush. She retreated from Clark so quickly, unconsciously taking to the air, and exclaiming in shock.

"W-what am ah doin'?! My mutant powers-- ah can't touch you without hurting you!"

Rogue turned away from the two of them quickly to hide any tears. In a combination of embarrassment and fear, she flew towards the treetops.

A now gloveless hand reached toward her lips. A brief crackle of blue static arced between the exposed skin. It was an odd sensation, an odd realization.

They did kiss. And Clark was no worse for wear.
    You two mind...holtering your loins" in the mean time? We should focus with the task at hand."
    GLORIOUS!

Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

Default The challenge

Thor followed Merlin to the top of a keep. At the top of the ramparts stood a portal, pure white and glowing softly.

Thor looked at Merlin, who said nothing. There was a grave silence.

“Father, grant me your favor in this trial”

As Thor stepped toward the portal, he was engulfed in that luminous glow. For a brief moment, he was blinded. Then, he found himself surrounded by a starry night. As he looked around, he saw an endless grey landscape, rocky and scarred with crater marks. It took a moment for Thor to realize he was on the moon.

As he traversed the landscape, he kept his wits about him. There was no certain way to be sure what the trial was. It could test his character. It could test his mettle in Combat. It could attack his mind. All he knew was that at the moment, he must be prepared for anything.

All of a sudden, a comet appeared in the sky, hurtling towards the moon, and crashing with tremendous force. As Thor flew to the scene, he felt a familiar presence. He was troubled. Surely it could not be, Yet it was.

In front of him stood Mjolnir. The very same Mjolnir that was held firmly in his grasp.

As he approached Mjolnir, a voice popped into the aether. An Apparition appeared before him.

This rugged, Bearlike Thor, despairing and frustrated, turned to him.

“I am THE ODINSON. I will never held Mjolnir in my hands again. Only Jarnbjorn is worthy of me now! YOU ARE HALF THE MAN YOU THINK YOURSELF TO BE!”

Taking out the Celestialbane, The Odinson lunged at Thor, who only had Just enough time to roll with the tackle, throwing The Unworthy off of him.

Before he had a moment to recover though, Mjolnir flew from it’s resting place, smashing itself directly in Thor’s face, shattering his nose. Bleeding, Thor took a moment to adjust his nose, taking his eye off of Mjolnir which started battering him from all directions. Dazed, Thor managed to strike the hammer with his own, which went spinning into the hands of another.

“See how Mjolnir dances for me, and it never danced for you? See how little you truly know about that which is dearest to you heart?”

Thor now had two opponents he had to contend with. He needed to be wary, lest he be overpowered by their strength in numbers. What was this challenge? How was he to overcome it. Damn magicks, always befuddling and accursed. He thanked the All-Father that at least it was not his brother’s machinations.

Thor twirled his hammer, lightning arcing and dancing upon the night air.

“Thoust wish to make a mockery of my station and my beloved Mjolnir. You will see that the Odinson is not so easily rattled!”

Needing to make some space, he hurled Mjlonir at a nearby hill, creating debris to separate himself from the apparitions. As he sprinted to a nearby hill, he wondered what to do next. Before he had come up with a plan, however, he found himself attacked by a golden shower of lighting, throwing Thor back and into another crater. Looking up, he saw that indeed, gods be accursed, his brother was involved in this challenge.

“Look at you, brother. How does it feel to know that you have become unworthy of your hammer? How does it feel to know that for once, I am the righteous one, and you are the pompous, arrogant, bufoonish villain? To be the failure defeated by the noble hero? How does it feel to know- I AM MORE WORTHY THAN YOU!”

This Worthy Loki was flanked by the other Thor and the Odinson, completely surrounding him. Thor was furious, He wanted nothing more than to tear them limb from limb. They all were powerful no doubt, but none of them possessed his sheer raw might, as well as his battle experience. He could win this fight. He would prove himself worthy of his title, taking it from these Charlatans.

Thor Hurled Mjolnir at the other Thor, striking her, and quickly rushed the Odinson, sweeping him off of his feet. He then wrested Jarnbjorn from his hands, and threw it at Loki, who swatted it away with Mjolnir. Then, he was struck at both sides by golden and sapphire lightning. Thor, God of Thunder, was getting quite tired of seeing his domain of Godhood usurped by charlatans. He commanded the lightning away from him, striking the odinson once more. When Mjolnir came to him once more, Thor opened a Portal to the heart of a star, which sent waves of heat across the terrain. As Loki and Thor charged him, The God of Thunder grabbed both by their capes, and threw them through the portal, incinerating them. He then claimed Jarnbjorn, walking to the defeated Odinson, and cleaved him in two. As he did so, the fury inside him began to subside. He had proven himself the only one worth of his mantle. Surely now the contest was over.

And yet, it was not. All three apparitions returned in front of him, striking at him with the fury of three gods. As Thor was struck back, his fury and anger had reached near blinding levels. This mockery would not stand. But Thor also realized he might be wasting his time, as the apparitions might very well just appear again, taunting him with their very existance. So instead, barely keeping his rage in Check, Thor spoke to them.

Thor lowered Mjolnir. “I will no longer fight you three. There is more to being worthy than being a great warrior. It means knowing when something other than combat is necessary. Each one of you is in some way a part of me. The man worried with his godly status; The fierce warrior unleashed and unrepentant. The one craving his father and brother’s affection and approval; he who never truly feels worthy. The furious God of Thunder with a temper to match; she who is one with her weapon. I have been all these things, and they still are a part of me. But it is in knowing how to temper these base faults, to learn from them, and to grow that I prove myself worthy of being Mjolnir’s wielder. I am THOR! GOD OF THUNDER! MIGHTY AVENGER!

Raising Mjolnir high into the air, he called upon the lightning, which was his to command. And the lightning rained upon the surface, brilliant and beautiful, dancing through the heavens, illuminating the night sky. And in response, the three apparitions raised their own weapons, joining in the thunderous rapture. The lightning covered more and more of the surface, until all that was left as a luminous glow.

And then, in the nexus between things, appeared the Book of Eternity and the Sword of Night. Grasping one in each hand,Thor was returned to the main hall where his compatriots had gathered, and the challenge was conquered.
    Last edited by Wolvie616; 06-21-2015 at 07:40 PM.

Voting update:
    wolvie616/Thor (1): Circe/NSchornhosrt
    Chtulhudrew/Gammastorm (1): Hummingbird/Chris Lang
    Mighty Roman/Lobo the Duck (1): Dex-Starr/Anodyne
    Dex-Starr/Anodyne (2): Hawkman/The Purple Skull, Thor/wolvie616

There's still time to vote!

"I bring news yes but none are slain. We've reached an agreement with Lancelot and he should be able to convince his fellow knights. Speaking of which, is this one of them?" Clark asked Weaver, pointing at the (now) human sized Squire Parquagh.
    The Weaver looked quizzically down upon Peter, as if cycling through various trains of thought.

...IT IS A CLEAN WEAVE YOU WEAVE CLARK SPARKS NEVER FEAR I HAVE ONLY LARKED WITH THE BOY HE LIVES AND BREATHES YES LIVES AND BREATHES HIS LIFE SPOOLS FURTHER AS YOU SAY HE LIVES AND BREATHES LEAD ON AZURE CHAMPION LAPIS-LAZULI LEGIONNAIRE LEAD ON...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lancelot View Post
    Within moments, they reached the gates of Camelot. Lancelot puts up a hand signal, and the drawbridge comes down. "Common courtesy, even though most of you are gifted with flight it seems" he told them.
    As the drawbridge rumbled southward to the party, The Weaver began to clap softly and spake his rhetoric to the world at large.

...YES IN THIS LAND OF COURTESY RIGID RULES COURTESY IS COMMON WITH COURTEOUS CARE THE COMMON MAN CAN COME TO BE A KNIGHT ARMORED IN COURTESY CHIVALRY AND EXOSKELETAL STEEL-CARAPACE YES A FRAGILE LIFE AND WORLD THE VOID WOULD REVEL IN ITS TEARING FORTUNATE WE WEAVERS AMATEUR AND VETERAN ARE HERE...

They reached the interior of the castle, The Weaver oblivious to the stares of any servants or guardsman. Perhaps they noticed the Castle Xanadu ceiling-banner he wore, or were unnerved as he muttered all the way through the building, weaving Entrances when necessary to fit through doors and passageways.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    "HALT!" exclaims the wizard, walking towards them. "I am uncertain of your intent. The future is clouded, as if some tremendous problem makes the future itself uncertain. You may be the cause, your quest may be the cause, or it may be something else. Nevertheless, since I cannot gleam your purpose, I have cast a spell upon my chambers. I shall guide ONE representative of your group there, and if the spell sees him as worthy, he will enter unharmed and may claim the items you seek. But no more and no less, dare you jeopardize my ability to defend this realm."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    "Him?" Hummingbird asked, noting the pronoun that if taken literally would exclude herself, Circe, and Ultra Rogue. "But how will you know who is the right person to guide to your chamber?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    "One may only wield Mjolnir is he has proven himself as worthy. If no one else would step forward, I shall answer the challenge of your spell, mage. Through the blessing of my father, I shall prove myself worthy once more!"
    He rubbed his fingers through his purple shawl absentmindedly. The others began to state a claim over worthiness. But this bored the Weaver. He wasn't interested in proving himself to another's concept of Worthy, he saw things for how they were. What would a spell know? Ultra-Rogue and Sage seemed to share his ambivalence. Then others began to place the first vote.

...DEDUCING WITH DEDUCTION IT IS PITEOUS THAT WE SEE KNOW SO LITTLE THE BOY FLATTENED AND SMOOTHED BY WHAT MEANS A NUMBER HERE CAN WEAVE THIS WEAVE THESE SPECTERS CONNIVE WITH CUNNING THEY ARE DRIVEN BY THIS DESTRUCTION PONDER PONDER PONDER IT IS UNFORTUNATE UNJUST THAT ONE MIGHT BE UNJUSTLY ACCUSED...

...MY JUDGEMENT AND VOTE FALLS TO THE GASTRAL-GHOSTS AS THE GUILTY BUT IF I MUST CHOOSE A FIRST PUPPET OF CHOICE THEN I REGRET TO DEIGN DEX-STARR, THE RAGE-SPITTLE WEAVER MY FELLOW SCULPTOR...

...THIS AT THE LITTLE-LEAST WILL ROB THE VOID-DÆMONS OF A VERSATILE WEAPON AND OUR FELINE FRIEND FROM A FATAL PAINFUL FATE UNSEEN AND UNDESERVED...

OOC: Vote for Dex-Starr
    Last edited by Masterbasset; 06-21-2015 at 09:13 PM.