Page 12 of 114 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Lobo growled at Dex-Starr. Duck you, Kitty, but I have standards. Usually they're at the bottom of a bottle, but I have standards. But nobody seems to suspect the talking murder-cat? I don't know any o' you freaks well enough, but there's a reason that I don't trust the talking cat with the angry face and power ring. So let's break the damn tie, I'm voting for Dex-Starr.
    Last edited by Mighty Roman; 06-21-2015 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie616 View Post
    . All three apparitions returned in front of him, striking at him with the fury of three gods. As Thor was struck back, his fury and anger had reached near blinding levels. This mockery would not stand. But Thor also realized he might be wasting his time, as the apparitions might very well just appear again, taunting him with their very existance. So instead, barely keeping his rage in Check, Thor spoke to them.

Thor lowered Mjolnir. “I will no longer fight you three. There is more to being worthy than being a great warrior. It means knowing when something other than combat is necessary. Each one of you is in some way a part of me. The man worried with his godly status; The fierce warrior unleashed and unrepentant. The one craving his father and brother’s affection and approval; he who never truly feels worthy. The furious God of Thunder with a temper to match; she who is one with her weapon. I have been all these things, and they still are a part of me. But it is in knowing how to temper these base faults, to learn from them, and to grow that I prove myself worthy of being Mjolnir’s wielder. I am THOR! GOD OF THUNDER! MIGHTY AVENGER!

Raising Mjolnir high into the air, he called upon the lightning, which was his to command. And the lightning rained upon the surface, brilliant and beautiful, dancing through the heavens, illuminating the night sky. And in response, the three apparitions raised their own weapons, joining in the thunderous rapture. The lightning covered more and more of the surface, until all that was left as a luminous glow.

And then, in the nexus between things, appeared the Book of Eternity and the Sword of Night. Grasping one in each hand,Thor was returned to the main hall where his compatriots had gathered, and the challenge was conquered.

"Well said Thunder God, well said. While I can not sense what your future holds for you, I do know these artifacts will be a great help to you on your quest. May you and all of your group survive this ordeal" Merlin told him, fading into the shadows as Arthur stood up and shook hands with Thor.

"If Merlin trusts you then so shall I! May your future struggles be overcome by the might of your character, Thor" Arthur told him. Upon seeing he had the artifacts, Roy sent a transmission to The Monitor, and everyone started to feel their bodies de-rez with this world, fading out of existence. Upon leaving, Sage would see a large skull-shaped dome rise from the moat near Castle Xanadu and hear Arthur call his Champions of Justice to arms. They were going to war it seems. The players would find themselves back on The Monitor's satellite, some in the air, some on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post

OOC: Vote for Dex-Starr

You two mind...holtering your loins" in the mean time? We should focus with the task at hand."
    "Well the task at hand is completed. Great job all, it's not a regular thing that missions like these go off with a hitch in all honesty, Hawkman" Clark told him.

While he wanted to ask Rogue what she meant by hurting him, he looked at The Monitor, then Roy and realized he could not stick around. These players had been eased into the mission and now, he would be needed elsewhere, elsewhen. They would be in good hands though, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-22-2015 at 03:23 AM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

OOC: We are all back at The Monitor's satellite. Update is coming this Monday so be prepared and if you haven't voted, please do

Circe looked on at Thor's success. "Well. True to my word, I change my vote. The duck looks mightier than any of my bestiamorphs. I'm certain this level of brutality would be in his repertoire."

OOC: Vote change to Lobo the Duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Circe looked on at Thor's success. "Well. True to my word, I change my vote. The duck looks mightier than any of my bestiamorphs. I'm certain this level of brutality would be in his repertoire."
    "While the foul fowl seems to have that...killer instinct. I however find a cat with access to a ring of power to be a more likely suspect." The Cyborg Sage replied casting an accusing finger towards Dex-Starr. "I cast my vote towards the feline. It has the tenacity and evidently smarts to have done it."

OOC: That's a vote for Dex-Starr.

Shortly after the return to the satellite, Harbinger announces, "While each of you was discussing whom to vote for, or traversing the castle, or acquiring the artifacts, the Agents informed us of whom they suspected. Roy and I channeled our psychic power, and discerned that we could locate no Hound. The Agents' suspicion was incorrect."

Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

Thor shook hands with Arthur, as the group returned to the Monitor's lookout.

Thor quickly looked around. "If there was a possessed being among us, we could do worse to begin our hunt than with the feline."

Ooc: Vote for that Dex-Starr

"Voting has concluded," The Monitor says, rising from his throne.

He goes over to a board, displaying the players. "I disliked Kudo. He asked why I never called upon him. The last version of him I met nearly ruined my plans. Such an annoying individual. I show no sorrow for the Hounds choosing him as their victim. Even so, you all have determined which among you may be responsible, which among you a Hound controlled. You have chosen Dex-Starr!"

Suddenly, a chamber drops from the ceiling and traps the blue cat. "Lincoln! Harbinger! While he's contained, scan him!" The Monitor demands.

They join hands, combining their telepathy. A moment later, they both abruptly open their eyes wide.

"Hound!" "Traitor!" they exclaim.

"Very good!" The Monitor says, pulling a control lever. "Dex-Starr, you will experience some pain while we purge this being from your body. And then shall be exiled, to serve our efforts elsewhere!"

Suddenly, a blinding light filled the chamber. A few meows of pain escaped from the chamber. When the light died down, the cat was gone. In his place floats a ghoulish wolf-creature.

"Before any of you cry foul," The Monitor says, "Dex-Starr is perfectly safe. Clark!"

"Sir?" the son of Superman responds.

"I send you to see to it that the feline was sent where intended. Go back to your team."

Clark gazes toward Rogue, his eyes saying, "I'm sorry, but I have to." Though he wishes to stay, he feels this course of action is best. They both have become too involved. They must remain focused.

"Okay. I accept," he says. He turns to the group and adds, "But I'll be back."

At that moment, Clark vanishes in a beam of yellow energy. However, when the light fades, a new person stands in his place.

"Ah. Seems I'm next. Aces." She address the group, saying, "Youse can call me Saturn Girl! I guess I'm your guide this time 'round!" The tone of her voice, her mannerisms, and her gestures all work to keep everyone at ease. She seems so approachable, friendly. "What are ya gawkin' at?" she asks. "We have a job to do!" This time there's a firmness to her voice, and they know she means business.

"Not yet," The Monitor corrects. "We are still moving between realities. I will let you know when we have arrived."

Anodyne, I'll add your second character in tonight's update.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    At that moment, Clark vanishes in a beam of yellow energy. However, when the light fades, a new person stands in his place.

"Ah. Seems I'm next. Aces." She address the group, saying, "Youse can call me Saturn Girl! I guess I'm your guide this time 'round!" The tone of her voice, her mannerisms, and her gestures all work to keep everyone at ease. She seems so approachable, friendly. "What are ya gawkin' at?" she asks. "We have a job to do!" This time there's a firmness to her voice, and they know she means business.

"Not yet," The Monitor corrects. "We are still moving between realities. I will let you know when we have arrived."
    As the Hound was exposed, Linda let out a sigh. "At least one Hound has been found. I don't know how we'll find the others."

She knew, of course, that this was far from over. The Anti-Monitor was still out there, and still a threat to everything.

Saturn Girl's accent confused her. She wasn't expecting Saturn Girl to have a Southern accent, but she tactfully avoided mentioning it out loud.

Before exploring his new surroundings, Dex-Starr paused to smooth his fur and his dignity. Not that he minded being caught, but he would have preferred to exit on his own terms. At least he'd managed to leave one message behind: When Lobo looked down, he'd see a nice, fresh piece of kitty-poop on his foot.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Harbinger floats above the group, calling out, "Roy, Monitor, everyone, I have unfortunate news. The remaining Hounds have struck."

Nearby, they see the body of Princess Kitana Prince. Most everyone has a look of confusion.

"Hey, I don't remember seein' this one earlier. Who is she?" Saturn Girl asks.

Roy puts his hand on her shoulder and says, "This is Princess Kitana of Themyscenia. She's a skilled warrior, who has lived for thousands of years. She's been keeping to the shadows ever since she arrived."

"Which I, for one, appreciate. Quiet and invisible," The Monitor interjects.

"Anyway, we had hoped her variety of talents and her wisdom would aid us, but it seems the Hounds have struck before she made herself known."

"It seems as though they have burnt her hands and feet, and then stabbed her," Harbinger observes, a noticeable slight quiver in her voice.

"Hounds...?"

"I'll fill you in."

The Monitor talks to the group as a whole. "While Lincoln brings my Wanderer up to speed, I wanted to let you know that we have arrived."

Just as before, visions of this Earth's history appear before them. Harbinger explains, "On this world, Dr. Thaddeus Bodog Sivana attempted to tap into the otherworldly power of the Marvel Family through scientific experimentation. However, his experiments end up in a horrific accident, scarring and transforming the doctor into the fearsome Fin Fang Doom!

Now, cursed with a monstrous countenance, Fin Fang Doom has assembled other Titans of Terror to menace the Mighty Marvel Family! Ghidorah, lord of the Lizard Men, Gigan and Destroyah. It is uncertain if the Marvel Family can fend off this Monster Society of Evil, and whether or not the fearsome Godzilla will yet play a role.

The artifact of power on this world is the Ultimate Nullifier, stored in Cavern Doom, and the catalyst for Sivana's terrible transformation."

"Once more you must find an artifact of power, and you must determine who among you is possessed by a Hypertime Hound," The Monitor reminds them. "May you be as successful this time as you were last time." He then adds, "I also have good news. I have made some repairs to my machines. I am now summoning two more individuals. Know that, for now, they are free of any Hound influence. May they aid you in your mission below."

With a flash of light, everyone but the Monitor is transported to the Earth's surface.

Upon arriving, the players find themselves in a lush forest. They hear the roaring of waves behind them, but cannot see water through the trees. A couple of monsters, the size of hobbits, scaled like lizards, one orange and one red, run past them. They do not give the group any notice. Immediately to their left, one of them notices what they believed to be a tree is not actually a tree, but rather the leg to a giant four-legged wooden beast. A few notice creatures similar to pterodactyls fly overhead.

Within the group itself, they do indeed notice two new arrivals.

"Everyone," Roy says. "Please welcome Dr. Terrence Thirteen and Superboy. And say hello to Monster Island."

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Before exploring his new surroundings, Dex-Starr paused to smooth his fur and his dignity. Not that he minded being caught, but he would have preferred to exit on his own terms. At least he'd managed to leave one message behind: When Lobo looked down, he'd see a nice, fresh piece of kitty-poop on his foot.
    As Dex-Starr got transported, he'd see the face of Clark Sparks kneeling down and facing him. They were in a desolate, arid desert like area, with a tumbleweed blowing past a sign that said "Genosha" and knocked it down. Amidst the sand and dry air, there was wreckage, vast mounds of wreckage of buildings, ships, planes and machines.

"Welcome to The Wanderers, Dex-Starr, how're you feeling with the Hypertime Hound expunged from your body?" he asked the cat as a group of strangers walked up behind him.

"Hromneer's host Clark! This is one of those The Monitor chose recently? It's..adorable, X'hal!a scantily clad warrior woman with an alien voice exclaimed.

"Hey pal, Skies and I are glad to have you back. We kinda need your help here since we're dealing with a special kinda Superman. I'm pretty sure your dad's name isn't Erik and you don't have any siblings, right?"a black haired man garbed in a red jacket with stars on it and blue jeans, red boots on his feet as well.

"No, that sounds very different Simon, very different"...to be continued
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-22-2015 at 05:27 PM.

The players
    Anodyne: Dr. Terrence Thirteen
    Deadpooligan: Ultra Rogue
    Jeremi: Tessa Henshaw, the Cyborg Sage
    Mighty Roman: Lobo the Duck
    Indigo Al: Arak Magnus
    Cthulhudrew: Gammastorm
    Wolvie616: Thor Odinson
    Chris Lang: Linda Park-West a.k.a. Hummingbird
    Josh: Superboy-Prime
    Masterbasset: The Weaver
    Nschornhorst: Circe
    The Purple Skull: Savage Hawkman

The Dead:
    Jimmy Kudo aka Batman--crushed and bloody
    Princess Kitana Prince--burned and stabbed

The Eliminated
    Red Lantern Dex-Starr--possessed by a Hound

Guard, Judge, and Speaker have yet to act.

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor View Post
    "Hound!" "Traitor!" they exclaim.

"Very good!" The Monitor says, pulling a control lever. "Dex-Starr, you will experience some pain while we purge this being from your body. And then shall be exiled, to serve our efforts elsewhere!"
    "This victory is minor. We still have much to go."

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Girl

"Monitor, how many people do you have working for you?!"

Although her peculiar sounding voice could possibly shatter one's ear drums, Hawkman could not help but feel...piqued by the appearance of Saturn Girl. Still there were more important things at stake. For now, at least, he'd have to keep his wings at ease.
    GLORIOUS!