Page 13 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Savage Hawkman View Post
    You two mind...holstering your loins" in the mean time? We should focus with the task at hand."
    Ultra Rogue knew Hawkman was right, but she sure wasn't about to admit it.

"You're lecturin' the wrong girl, Wings. Unless you're looking to get made into some Family-Size Original Recipe, that is. '...Sides, ah hedged my bets on Thor. Man pulled through, all on his own."

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lincoln, Harbinger, & The Monitor View Post
    "Hound!" "Traitor!" they exclaim.

"Very good!" The Monitor says, pulling a control lever. "Dex-Starr, you will experience some pain while we purge this being from your body. And then shall be exiled, to serve our efforts elsewhere!"

Suddenly, a blinding light filled the chamber. A few meows of pain escaped from the chamber. When the light died down, the cat was gone. In his place floats a ghoulish wolf-creature.
    The group looks on as Dex-Starr is revealed to be host to a Hypertime Hound!

"Ain't that just about the craziest thing I've seen all day-- cats an' dogs living together... mass hysteria. Y'all didn't need much to wrangle this critter-- who y'gonna call?"

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor and Clark Sparks
    "Clark!" "Sir?" the son of Superman responds.

"I send you to see to it that the feline was sent where intended. Go back to your team." Clark gazes toward Rogue, his eyes saying, "I'm sorry, but I have to." Though he wishes to stay, he feels this course of action is best. They both have become too involved. They must remain focused.

"Okay. I accept," he says. He turns to the group and adds, "But I'll be back." At that moment, Clark vanishes in a beam of yellow energy.
    The Monitor called him, apparently, and Clark was gone in as fleeting a moment as before.

"Wait--!", a shocked Rogue shouts, instinctively reaching out towards him. He disappears into the ether, and her arm despondently falls to her side.

She truly hopes he will return. If not to help all of them them, but to help her.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Girl
    However, when the light fades, a new person stands in his place.

"Ah. Seems I'm next. Aces." She address the group, saying, "Youse can call me Saturn Girl! I guess I'm your guide this time 'round!" The tone of her voice, her mannerisms, and her gestures all work to keep everyone at ease. She seems so approachable, friendly. "What are ya gawkin' at?" she asks. "We have a job to do!" This time there's a firmness to her voice, and they know she means business.
    "Reckon I'm 'gawkin' at the first Yankee today ah ain't gonna hold too much of a grudge against," meeting Saturn Girl's innate charm with a brave face on, "Ah'm ULTRA ROGUE."

Quote Originally Posted by Exposition!
    Just as before, visions of this Earth's history appear before them. Harbinger explains, "On this world, Dr. Thaddeus Bodog Sivana attempted to tap into the otherworldly power of the Marvel Family through scientific experimentation. However, his experiments end up in a horrific accident, scarring and transforming the doctor into the fearsome Fin Fang Doom!

Now, cursed with a monstrous countenance, Fin Fang Doom has assembled other Titans of Terror to menace the Mighty Marvel Family! Ghidorah, lord of the Lizard Men, Gigan and Destroyah. It is uncertain if the Marvel Family can fend off this Monster Society of Evil, and whether or not the fearsome Godzilla will yet play a role.

The artifact of power on this world is the Ultimate Nullifier, stored in Cavern Doom, and the catalyst for Sivana's terrible transformation."

Upon arriving, the players find themselves in a lush forest. They hear the roaring of waves behind them, but cannot see water through the trees. A couple of monsters, the size of hobbits, scaled like lizards, one orange and one red, run past them. They do not give the group any notice. Immediately to their left, one of them notices what they believed to be a tree is not actually a tree, but rather the leg to a giant four-legged wooden beast. A few notice creatures similar to pterodactyls fly overhead.

Within the group itself, they do indeed notice two new arrivals. "Everyone," Roy says. "Please welcome Dr. Terrence Thirteen and Superboy. And say hello to Monster Island.
    "
    The death of Princess Kitana was yet another surprise. A stealthy mystery member of the team, struck down before anyone had taken notice? These Hounds were good-- and playing for keeps.

As the replacements arrived, Rogue did a double take at Superboy. He was... eerily similar to Clark Sparks. A little younger, though considerably less blue, and with a similar symbol like the House of El crest on his armor. But the same spitcurl was there, you'd almost thing it was a trademark characteristic.

Her brow furrowed. If Saturn Girl wasn't definitively Clark's replacement ally from the Wanders, Rogue would have thought The Monitor and Roy Lincoln were punishing her with this suspiciously similar substitute.

"Hellooooo, Monster Island," she said, getting her head in the game. With Hawkman's earlier berating and her own insecurities at the cusp of her mind, Ultra Rogue wasted no time. She switched to Hyper-Vision and took to the air to get a good look at the surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "Monitor, how many people do you have working for you?!"
    "In time, you will meet them all," The Monitor replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    "Reckon I'm 'gawkin' at the first Yankee today ah ain't gonna hold too much of a grudge against," meeting Saturn Girl's innate charm with a brave face on, "Ah'm ULTRA ROGUE."
    "Ah do declare," Saturn Girl says somewhat mockingly, "that we're gonna get along swimmingly, dilly."

"Hellooooo, Monster Island," she said, getting her head in the game. With Hawkman's earlier berating and her own insecurities at the cusp of her mind, Ultra Rogue wasted no time. She switched to Hyper-Vision and took to the air to get a good look at the surroundings.
    An entry from Roy Lincoln's satellite journal

When I said, "Say hello to Monster Island", I didn't think anyone would actually take me up on it. I laughed a little. You have to keep your spirits up somehow in all this madness. In all this... sadness...

Incredible Member

"Monster Island?" Gammastorm marveled at their new location. "Kinda reminds me of Savage Skartaris. Remember that place, doc?" Rick immediately cringed at the thoughtless remark.

Of course Doctor Banner remembered. How could I forget? he thought, memories of his lost love Jartara coming unbidden to the forefront of their shared consciousness.

"Ah, heck, I..." Rick tried to recover from his blunder, redirecting the attentions of the gestalt-being Gammastorm elsewhere. "Kind of a funny thing, huh? That Darn Cat turnin' out to be a Traitor and all."

But there was no answer from his friend Banner. "So, uh... Anyone want to go scoutin' for the next set of artifacts?" Gammastorm asked aloud as he floated overhead from the rest of the group.

Last edited by Cthulhudrew; 06-22-2015 at 10:52 PM.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Lobo took out a cigar. What a bunch of do-gooders. In his line of work, somebody always ended up dead. He looked at the newcomer who'd taken the place of the boy scout.
    Jeez, Louise, would ya' keep it down! Some of us are trying to think! Do we have to fight these things ta' look for the next trinket?
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Tessa had been quiet during the reveal and death because quite frankly there was much anything she could have added to it, than once again a change of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Update View Post
    "Everyone," Roy says. "Please welcome Dr. Terrence Thirteen and Superboy. And say hello to Monster Island."
    Wasting no time she would have flown into the air to survey their surrounding area. She didn't seem to be the only one who had this idea as Ultra Rogue would join her shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Rogue View Post
    "Your presence is not required." She replied not to be rude but more as fact.
    "My technological enhancements allow me to survey this era with quick proficiency."

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3896/...3fc5b1c5c6.jpg

The boy of tomorrow stood on the island. He knew why he was hear. What the job was.

To find the perfect world. A world with out second rate heroes, or villains trying to be redeemed. No fakers, like that other Superboy. This was the chance Clark needed. He could be the hero Laura wanted him to be.

"Hello everyone. I am Superboy."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks View Post
    As Dex-Starr got transported, he'd see the face of Clark Sparks kneeling down and facing him. They were in a desolate, arid desert like area, with a tumbleweed blowing past a sign that said "Genosha" and knocked it down. Amidst the sand and dry air, there was wreckage, vast mounds of wreckage of buildings, ships, planes and machines.
    "Welcome to The Wanderers, Dex-Starr, how're you feeling with the Hypertime Hound expunged from your body?" he asked the cat as a group of strangers walked up behind him.
    "Bad dog gone--I feel betterrrr," Dex-Starr replied. He looked up speculatively at Clark. "You sssure you dog persson? You purrrr like cat," he remarked, recalling the soothing vibrations he'd felt while perched on the man's shoulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien Warrior Woman View Post
    "Hromneer's host Clark! This is one of those The Monitor chose recently? It's..adorable, X'hal!a scantily clad warrior woman with an alien voice exclaimed.
    Dex-Starr purred and rubbed against her leg. Finally! Someone who appreciated his catly charms.

Meanwhile, on the Monitor's ship:
    Once, Dr. Terrence Thirteen would have felt incredulous and indignant at finding himself suddenly transported from his wife's side to a spaceship; but his growing friendship with the man he knew only as the Phantom Stranger had made him more accepting of unusual phenomena. He smiled wryly as he recalled his and Marie's conversation of a few moments ago.

"Why do you keep staring at that chess set, Terry?" she'd asked him.

"I'm trying to figure out how the Stranger got so good at this game," he'd replied. "He's beaten me every time; so why does he claim he's never played before?"

His wife had grinned. "Are you sure you haven't been paying too much attention to your opponent's motives and not enough to your game?" she'd teased him.

He'd laughed ruefully at that, but before he could respond he'd found himself among a group of strange beings, only some of whom looked human. He listened carefully to the man who seemed to be in charge; he was telling them about the planet they were approaching and some great crisis they were facing.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 06-23-2015 at 10:56 AM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

"Slaying a giant monster is hardly a challenge we cannot face. Especially with the power I've seen many of you wield." Arak stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Harbinger floats above the group, calling out, "Roy, Monitor, everyone, I have unfortunate news. The remaining Hounds have struck."

Nearby, they see the body of Princess Kitana Prince. Most everyone has a look of confusion.

"Hey, I don't remember seein' this one earlier. Who is she?" Saturn Girl asks.

Roy puts his hand on her shoulder and says, "This is Princess Kitana of Themyscenia. She's a skilled warrior, who has lived for thousands of years. She's been keeping to the shadows ever since she arrived."

"She resembles someone I am familiar with. A pity she didn't feel compelled to join us. Tell me, is there anyone *else* milling about who is yet unrevealed?"

"Which I, for one, appreciate. Quiet and invisible," The Monitor interjects.

"If only one could say the same of you, o benevolent host. We're only stepping in to assist in the task you could not do alone in order to save all that is. Apologies that it's such an inconvenience for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Lobo took out a cigar. What a bunch of do-gooders. In his line of work, somebody always ended up dead. He looked at the newcomer who'd taken the place of the boy scout.
    Jeez, Louise, would ya' keep it down! Some of us are trying to think! Do we have to fight these things ta' look for the next trinket?
    "They are creatures... much like you and me. I may never know how my magic will work in new realms, but one thing should remain consistent. I tend to have an affinity with beasts. Perhaps I could try and communicate with one of them."

Circe proceeded to seek out a native creature willing to converse with her.

Earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    "She resembles someone I am familiar with. A pity she didn't feel compelled to join us. Tell me, is there anyone *else* milling about who is yet unrevealed?"
    "I can assure you that she was the only one," Harbinger replies.

"If only one could say the same of you, o benevolent host. We're only stepping in to assist in the task you could not do alone in order to save all that is. Apologies that it's such an inconvenience for you."
    "Just because I need you, doesn't mean I have to like you being here," The Monitor responds.

Roy chimes in, "He still hates me, and I've been here for at least a week."

---

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    But there was no answer from his friend Banner. "So, uh... Anyone want to go scoutin' for the next set of artifacts?" Gammastorm asked aloud as he floated overhead from the rest of the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Wasting no time she would have flown into the air to survey their surrounding area. She didn't seem to be the only one who had this idea as Ultra Rogue would join her shortly after.

"My technological enhancements allow me to survey this era with quick proficiency."
    An entry from Roy Lincoln's satellite journal

But we still had a mission at hand. Gammastorm, Ultra Rogue, and Sage took to the sky. Superboy introduced himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Saturn Girl took this as an opportunity. "Superboy! You remind me a little of my friend Bob Cobb. Can you fly and help the others?" she asked, providing direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    "Slaying a giant monster is hardly a challenge we cannot face. Especially with the power I've seen many of you wield." Arak stated
    Others were concerned about the monsters around us. Fortunately, Circe had a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    "They are creatures... much like you and me. I may never know how my magic will work in new realms, but one thing should remain consistent. I tend to have an affinity with beasts. Perhaps I could try and communicate with one of them."

Circe proceeded to seek out a native creature willing to converse with her.
    The creature she chose seemed startled.

"Boo? it said. "Oh, sorry. You seem to just be some kind of witch. How do ya do?" He offered to shake hands.

Since the group seemingly had everything in hand--scouting, conversing with monsters, making general plans of attack--I decided I'd do my best to help us locate the artifact faster. Since it's a cavern, I thought, and still think, someone checking along the ground could be helpful. I told Saturn Girl of my intention to move ahead. I'm writing this just before I speed off...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post

"I think several viewpoints will help make our decisions as a group far wiser. Let us know what you discover and I shall do the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    "...greetings, young one."

Circe could sense great power emanating from this one... perhaps even more than from the Monitor. Is he a god or something else?

Earlier...

"I can assure you that she was the only one," Harbinger replies.

"Very well. But if we're here to help, I strongly suggest we keep secrets like that to a minimum. With the hounds and our rather sudden abductions, things are already trepidatious enough, wouldn't you agree?"

"Just because I need you, doesn't mean I have to like you being here," The Monitor responds.

Roy chimes in, "He still hates me, and I've been here for at least a week."
    "I care nothing for what this Monitor likes or dislikes. When all is finished, I am certain we will both be happier to never see one another again. But... he should beware. Such hubris tends to backfire upon even the mightiest of gods. I have witnessed it firsthand."

Others were concerned about the monsters around us. Fortunately, Circe had a plan.

"Boo? it said. "Oh, sorry. You seem to just be some kind of witch. How do ya do?" He offered to shake hands.

"Many greetings unto you. I am known as Circe, queen of Aeaea, and you are? I apologize, for we must look quite intrusive and out of place, but we have newly arrived to the area. Are you familiar with this place? Is there anything here we should be particularly wary of? We are looking for a strange device known as 'the Ultimate Nullifier.' Do you know of it?"

Earlier...

Ultra Rogue knew Hawkman was right, but she sure wasn't about to admit it.
    "You're lecturin' the wrong girl, Wings. Unless you're looking to get made into some Family-Size Original Recipe, that is. '...Sides, ah hedged my bets on Thor. Man pulled through, all on his own."

"All I am saying is, there is a time and place for everything. Including your...extra curricular activities. Clearly, you have the spirit of battle within you which will serve us greatly against the Anti-Monitor. As long as we stay focused with the mission at hand, we can all go back to completing our own missions."

Now...

Quote Originally Posted by More Glorius Exposition! View Post
    "Everyone," Roy says. "Please welcome Dr. Terrence Thirteen and Superboy. And say hello to Monster Island."
    "Monsters....Pfft. You ask me there's nothing remotely monstrous about th---ARRRGH!!!"

Suddenly a rather large creature snatches Hawkman into the flowing evergreens of Monster Island! The others could hear the sounds of a struggle echo throughout the island....until then...nothing but quiet.

That is until....

"Ha! I've faced bigger!"

"This beast has been tamed. He will help throughout the course of our stay here."

And in that moment a faint, yet familiar tune can be heard around the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post

Since the group seemingly had everything in hand--scouting, conversing with monsters, making general plans of attack--I decided I'd do my best to help us locate the artifact faster. Since it's a cavern, I thought, and still think, someone checking along the ground could be helpful. I told Saturn Girl of my intention to move ahead. I'm writing this just before I speed off...
    "Hmmm...a rather strange looking creature. You must be from Rann..."
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-23-2015 at 06:09 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

Moved to previous post
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Girl View Post
    "Ah do declare," Saturn Girl says somewhat mockingly, "that we're gonna get along swimmingly, dilly."
    Her eyebrows perched at the accent play, but her mouth belied a smirk.

"So, from one gal to another... y'ever get a feelin' with the female company Monty keeps, he's making us up to be a couple'a regular debutantes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gammastorm View Post
    The Atomic Teen was met with a hearty slap on the back as Ultra Rogue flew past him.

"That's th'name of th'game, smokestack. What're we lookin' for again?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Sage View Post

Ultra Rogue waved a dismissive hand just the same.

"Well la-dee-da, sugah. My 'techn'logical enhancements' allow me t'survey this area too."

She reached into her jacket pocket and retrieved a flashy green visor. Her fingers slid along the upper rim as she wore them, and an audible SHING could be heard as they glistened in the sunlight.

"Ah just do it with... style."

Quote Originally Posted by Arak View Post
    "Slaying a giant monster is hardly a challenge we cannot face. Especially with the power I've seen many of you wield." Arak stated.

"'The bigger they are, the harder they fall'. You fight a lot of giant monsters back home, thunderer?"

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy View Post
    The boy of tomorrow stood on the island. He knew why he was hear. What the job was. To find the perfect world. A world with out second rate heroes, or villains trying to be redeemed. No fakers, like that other Superboy. This was the chance Clark needed. He could be the hero Laura wanted him to be.

"Ain't gotta shout," Rogue remarked to the new arrival, "Gettin' excited might make it seem like y'actually want to be here."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman tames the Indominus Rex View Post
    "Ha! I've faced bigger! This beast has been tamed. He will help throughout the course of our stay here."

And in that moment a faint, yet familiar tune can be heard around the island.
    The spectacle was definitely something to behold-- Hawkman had been attacked and sooner mastered a wild monstrous beast.

"Looks like you found yourself a distant ancestor straight outta th' Savage Land. You gonna name that steed or what?"
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 06-23-2015 at 06:24 PM.

The spectacle was definitely something to behold-- Hawkman had been attacked and sooner mastered a wild monstrous beast.

"Looks like you found yourself a distant ancestor straight outta th' Savage Land. You gonna name that steed or what?"
    "...Steve."

OOC: Just kidding. Real answer below.

"Lyrator. I shall re-christen this creature with name of Lyrator. In Thanagar, it stands for "The Strong & Graceful". Qualities possessed by the blessed Katar & Chay-era, respectively."
    GLORIOUS!