Page 24 of 114 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post
    The Weaver ran his fingers around his new hat, feeling the power coursing within it. The ambient glow helped display the manic glee on his face.

Attachment 24577
    ...I AM BECOME COMPOSER THIS HAT THIS THAUMATURGIC MOTION-GIVER GIVE PAUSE GIVE LISTEN ALL TO MY CONCERTO RISE MY FANTASTIC FANTASIA OBJECTS EREWHILE BORING DANCE THE MAD DANCE MARCH TOY SOLDIERS MARCH...

To familiar music, Crystal balls rolled off their shelves, images of the Weaver's face cackling in their globes. Eyes of newt experienced newfound sentience and looked at the guests of Madame Xanadu's shop. They and other objects rolled into a discordant conga line, sashaying past Weaver for inspection on a musical conveyor belt.

"It is so pleasing to meet one who enjoys quality accessorizing, friend Weaver!" Circe watched the giant spider-thing gleefully conduct his bizarre choreography.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie616 View Post
    "I am inclined to agree with you. With the exceptions of Dr. Strange and Brother Voodoo, all magicians I know are cunning and dangerous figures. Still, my Mjolnir is an enchanted object as well. Perhaps it can be of some use. Circe, what say you? What are we looking for?"
    Interrupted from enjoying Weaver's show, Circe turned to the thunder god, "If I recall correctly, there are several mystic implements that the Monitor listed-- The Spear of Destiny, The Helm of Nabu, the bell, jar, and wheel, a rather unique bundt cake, the Darkhold, and a rather specific tarot deck. I admit, I was encompassed by a bit of... fervor in gathering items from the shelves, but I do not recall these specific items yet. They probably wouldn't be out in the open, but a simple tracking spell should be able to locate them... Hm... I did find the Spear of Density... perhaps that's close enough?"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro
    Just then, a WOOSH of wind rushes by Circe and the Weaver. Circe then notices that the Spear is gone.

A figure flies in the middle of the room, goading them. "Oh, thank you, witch. You saved us the effort of looking for this Spear," she says, twirling it in her hand.

"Power Woman," Blue Skies says coldly.

"Yes. Some of you know her as Power Girl," Harbinger informs them. "This one is not the virtuous hero you know, but rather a ruthless fighter who uses her immense strength and her sexuality to obtain anything she desires."

"Aw, isn't that sweet? You took the time to know everything about me," she says sarcastically.

Roy appears behind Amason and puts a hand on his shoulder. He tells the hero, "I know she's from your world and you hate her, but don't act rashly."
    "Wait... did you say Spear of DENSITY?"

Mystical energy crackled all around Circe as she activated the Spear's properties. "Why don't you tell me, Woman of Power?"

Suddenly, the spear sends Power Woman crashing down into the floor of the shop, knocking over multiple shelves and creating a small crater in the floor.

"Duhhhhhhr.... wha happa?"

"Be cautious, friends. When active, the spear is known to become the heaviest thing in existence and also render the holder profoundly stupid. Of course, this particular wielder had a head start on the latter."

The crater cracks grew and before anyone could react, part of the floor gave way, sending Power Woman down to the catacombs below... where Xanadu keeps her most powerful relics hidden somewhere in the winding maze of tunnels.

"Hurry! The Spear may be just the distraction we need to get to the required objects before her! Grab any other mystic items you see! We can sort them out later!"

With a wave of her hand, Circe conjures up a hammerspace basket into the grasp of every member of the party. Whether they choose to enter the catacombs, face Power Woman, or keep mining the shelves of the store, they'll likely need them!

PROLOGUE: SIMON WILLIAMS - AMASON

[

“I thought you said you were a pagan.”

A thick, musclebound criminal in an orange jumpsuit was sitting at a table opposite Simon Williams, aka Amason. The inmate had an unkempt white flecked beard and a white power swastika tattoo on his neck.

“I am,” the young superhero replied.

“Yeah, well I don’t need no girly Wonder Woman Boy preaching at me from the Greek myths. You know what the Greeks liked to do, right?” he snickered.

Simon ignored the taunt. “I can talk Norse mythology just fine Frank. I’ve met some of your gods. But that’s beside the point.”

Frank frowned. “If you knew anything about the god of the Norsemen, of the white race, you wouldn’t be running your mouth at me about anything – ”

“Alright, Frank. Tell me then who your favorite deity in the pantheon is.”

“Tyr. F**ing god of war!”

“Aha. Tyr. Right. What do you remember about Tyr? What does he mean to you?”

“I told you,” he said impatiently, menacingly. “War. Victory. Survival. Strength. Destroying your enemy.”

“And yet, he forgot all about that and made a very selfless sacrifice, to the Fenris wolf. Why would a god of war and victory choose to cripple himself?”

The man said nothing.

“Yes, the Norsemen – in fact, most men in northern Europe at the time – placed great importance on war and violence. But they also placed great importance on friendship, hospitality, family. They had to have people they loved, trusted, would themselves sacrifice for. All mortals grow old and weak. And I know you’re not thinking about it now, but some day, you’ll be elderly. You’ll be someone that’s vulnerable. Someone, anyone, will show you kindness and hospitality and think of you over themselves.”

“Frank, our time is up, but I want you to read the Edda passages I highlighted for you about Balder, as well as the texts about the Norse and their laws about hospitality.”

Frank’s face betrayed nothing as he said, “we’ll see.”

As Simon left the prison, he saw his fellow Teen Titans waiting for him.

“Hey guys,” he said.

“Hi,” Robin replied. “The Titans jet is parked down the road. We thought we’d give you a ride back. Kory and Raven are waiting – the Justice League wants all hands on deck. Something about a distress signal from parallel Earths.”

The Amason nodded and walked with them down the road. He noticed Kid Flash bristling.

“What’s up, Wally?” Simon asked.

“Why are you wasting your time with these scumbags, man? They killed people. They’re murderers and rapists. They deserve to rot!” he snapped.

“Because that’s what my mom and my Amazon sisters taught me. Extend kindness to everyone, and try to teach a better way. Empathize and help instead of antagonize.”

“It’s a waste – “

“I’ll tell you what’s a waste, dude,” Arsenal interjected. “You grew up in an island full of the hottest chicks ever, no other guys at all, and you never once even got la-“

Simon glared at Roy, but Aqualad quickly came to his defense. “Roy, shut UP, man. You’re being a jackass.”

Simon hung back. He knew Arsenal meant no harm or hurt, but the destruction of Themiscyra and the death of the Amazons still weighed very heavily on him.

“Let me ask you something,” Wally sped back to his side. “Would you be that hippy-dippy peacenik if that was Power Woman or Superwoman in there?”

“WALLY KNOCK IT OFF! YOU’RE OUT OF LINE!” Robin growled at the speedster.

Simon just kept walking. His mood darkened even more. Because there was a kernel of truth at the root of Kid Flash’s question.
    He had every intention of killing Superwoman and Power Woman.

But that train of thought soon ended when they noticed the tall, outlandishly garbed blonde woman waiting for them at the Titans Jet.

Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post

"Of course I do!"
    Mary Jane said. "I've met Janet and Hank. Hank Pym, that is. And Jennifer Walters, the She-Hulk. I've come to her for legal advice as well as help with the whole superhero thing. I haven't seen as much of Captain America as I'd like to, but I did run across Hawkeye and the Black Widow."
    Thor smiled at Green Lantern.
    "I have no doubt you shall prove yourself just as capable as any of them!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Just then, a WOOSH of wind rushes by Circe and the Weaver. Circe then notices that the Spear is gone.

A figure flies in the middle of the room, goading them. "Oh, thank you, witch. You saved us the effort of looking for this Spear," she says, twirling it in her hand.

"Aw, isn't that sweet? You took the time to know everything about me," she says sarcastically.
    Thor prepared himself for another conflict...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    She pointed to Power Woman.

"You and your friends swoopin' in are really startin' to tick me off."
    Thor stepped by Ultra Rogue, preparing to fight beside her "Indeed. They shall soon learn the folly of their interference!"

Yet before either of them could take down Power-Girl...

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Interrupted from enjoying Weaver's show, Circe turned to the thunder god, "If I recall correctly, there are several mystic implements that the Monitor listed-- The Spear of Destiny, The Helm of Nabu, the bell, jar, and wheel, a rather unique bundt cake, the Darkhold, and a rather specific tarot deck. I admit, I was encompassed by a bit of... fervor in gathering items from the shelves, but I do not recall these specific items yet. They probably wouldn't be out in the open, but a simple tracking spell should be able to locate them... Hm... I did find the Spear of Density... perhaps that's close enough?"

Mystical energy crackled all around Circe as she activated the Spear's properties. "Why don't you tell me, Woman of Power?"

Suddenly, the spear sends Power Woman crashing down into the floor of the shop, knocking over multiple shelves and creating a small crater in the floor.

"Be cautious, friends. When active, the spear is known to become the heaviest thing in existence and also render the holder profoundly stupid. Of course, this particular wielder had a head start on the latter."

The crater cracks grew and before anyone could react, part of the floor gave way, sending Power Woman down to the catacombs below... where Xanadu keeps her most powerful relics hidden somewhere in the winding maze of tunnels.

"Hurry! The Spear may be just the distraction we need to get to the required objects before her! Grab any other mystic items you see! We can sort them out later!"

With a wave of her hand, Circe conjures up a hammerspace basket into the grasp of every member of the party. Whether they choose to enter the catacombs, face Power Woman, or keep mining the shelves of the store, they'll likely need them!
    Thor went down the the sewer, using Mjolnir to whip up several St. Elmo's Fire's to illuminate the area

"Work quickly friends! If we're lucky, we can acquire all that we seek before we must deal with the next member of the Suicide Squad"

Thor flew down a dark path that forked to the left. He decided he would focus on the smaller items, such as the cake and tarot deck.

In Limbo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "Immortus, we are here on behalf of a being known as The Monitor. Reality is dying and he has a plan to save it that involves the use of powerful artifacts across existence. Currently you hold a wealth of them here in Limbo. We humbly ask that you give them to us so that we may save all that exists. The wave of antimatter coursing through reality has and will have dire effects on the laws of the universe. Check your various timelines to see what I mean. There are things going awry, suns burning out, people aging or whole worlds vanishing. Look, and then tell us you agree to let your artifacts be put to use saving lives"
    "I can see all of space and time. I am of course aware of this antimatter wave and your little quest to defeat the Anti-Monitor. I was expecting your arrival, Wanderers," Immortus replies, snidely. "I've tried saving reality before and succeeded. Should I not hold on to these artifacts for such a time when the wave becomes a threat to me?"

He rubs his chin in thought. "Perhaps a test is in order. If you can defeat my team of champions, my Limbo Legion, then you I will consider letting you continue with your task."

Suddenly, seven figures appear before them: BIZARRO, Iron Man, Lady Sif, The Destroyer, Vandal Savage, Mister Bones, and Soundwave.

"Are we to do battle with these... mortals?"

"Excellent. Just the kind of warm-up I need after breakfast."

"Do we.. have to fight them? They're not hurting us."

"Not a bad idea. Maybe we can make it a drinking contest. Oo! Or a mud-wrestling contest. Me, Sif, and her Destroyer vs. the orange one, the blonde one, and the brunette in the red lightning bolt costume," Iron Man suggests, indicated Koriand'r, Saturn Girl, and Hummingbird. "Especially the orange one. Rowr."

"Fight them we must, that's the rule. Let's make sure we win this duel."

"ME NO FIGHT. ME LOSE! ME WEAKER THAN ALL OF THEM!"

In the crash, Power Woman loses control of the Spear of Density. They land side by side. Rising to her feet, she says to no one, "I'm going to rip out that witch's spine!"

"Now, now, my dear Kara," says the approaching voice of Superwoman.

She gently glides her hand up Power Woman's arm, then kisses her on the lips.

Superwoman tells her, "I love you, but if you could control your impulses sometimes, you wouldn't end up in situations like this."

"I can't control every impulse," Power Woman says with a wink.

Superwoman gives a wry grin, showing that they had had the same thought. "For now, beloved, we have to complete this mission and defeat these do-gooders. You grabbed the Spear of Density when we are looking for the Spear of Destiny. It's an easy mistake to make. They do look very similar," she says, pulling the Spear of Destiny out from behind her back. "I found it in the realm behind that door," she says, motioning to a door five doors down, on their left, one of many located in the catacombs. "And I of course killed those barbarians. They thought it was gift from the gods."

When she stops, they both can hear Thor acting the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie616 View Post
    Thor went down the the sewer, using Mjolnir to whip up several St. Elmo's Fire's to illuminate the area
    They start to see the fire spread toward them.

"Of course you did, Alkyone. Now let's kill these idiots, claim what we need, and get out of here."

Circe ran behind some of the others down one of the paths. She would stop every so often to wave a hand, causing some cantrip spells to take hold behind them. "These spells will not stop this woman of power, but they should buy us a bit of time and let us know if we're being followed. Remember to grab what you can and we can sift through the artifacts when we return to the Monitor's stronghold!"

In Limbo...

"I can see all of space and time. I am of course aware of this antimatter wave and your little quest to defeat the Anti-Monitor. I was expecting your arrival, Wanderers," Immortus replies, snidely. "I've tried saving reality before and succeeded. Should I not hold on to these artifacts for such a time when the wave becomes a threat to me?"

He rubs his chin in thought. "Perhaps a test is in order. If you can defeat my team of champions, my Limbo Legion, then you I will consider letting you continue with your task."

Suddenly, seven figures appear before them: BIZARRO, Iron Man, Lady Sif, The Destroyer, Vandal Savage, Mister Bones, and Soundwave.

"Are we to do battle with these... mortals?"

"Excellent. Just the kind of warm-up I need after breakfast."

"Do we.. have to fight them? They're not hurting us."

"Not a bad idea. Maybe we can make it a drinking contest. Oo! Or a mud-wrestling contest. Me, Sif, and her Destroyer vs. the orange one, the blonde one, and the brunette in the red lightning bolt costume," Iron Man suggests, indicated Koriand'r, Saturn Girl, and Hummingbird. "Especially the orange one. Rowr."

"Fight them we must, that's the rule. Let's make sure we win this duel."

"ME NO FIGHT. ME LOSE! ME WEAKER THAN ALL OF THEM!"
    "I am married and Imra has someone named Garth who would rumbletumble you if he was here for that remark!" Clark looked at Immortus, then Bizarre and Saturn Girl.

"Very well then, The Wanderers accept your challenge" Clark told Immortus. Saturn Girl then looked at Clark and the newcomers.

Princess Kori'andr said. Saturn Girl projected a thought to the princess afterwards.

(Kori, I meant Garth is a rumble and tumble type of fella, it's a way of saying he's tough)

(Oh, I am sorry for the mistake Imra my dear comrade)

(It's okay, but now let's take these people out and complete our mission!) she said, floating down with her flight ring and silently thanking Brainy for making these things, even if he could be an insufferable ass.

"Well then, I think Kori knows who she wants to fight" Saturn Girl said, noting Kori pointed out Iron Man with her sword, urging him toe do battle.

"I. Will. Take the. Destroyer. No. Help. Needed" The Demon told the others.

Captain Thunder slammed his fists together and smiled.

"Now even with the wisdom of Solomon, it doesn't take that to know we're going to put you guys through a world of hurt, aren't we guys?" Captain Thunder asked the new arrivals to The Wanderers.

"Well, aright then, let's get this row started!" Clark Sparks said, accent spilling out, he then flash stepped over to Bizarre and suplexing him, electricity coursing through his body to the reverse brained Superman
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Circe View Post
    "It is so pleasing to meet one who enjoys quality accessorizing, friend Weaver!" Circe watched the giant spider-thing gleefully conduct his bizarre choreography.

...YES YES FELLOW FRIEND-WEAVER I BIP AND BOP AND ROUND AND ROUND THEY GO ACCESSORIES ENLIVENED BY AN ACCESSORY LOVELY ISN'T IT LOVELY...

The Weaver took his new bag and Weaved its entrance to be larger. With a flourish of his hands he directed the conveyor belt of products to waltz right into it, forcing them to sprint with a clap of his hands. Balls rolled, books flapped paper wings straight through.

...ALLOW ME ALLOW ME AN APPOINTED OFFICER DIRECTING THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC COME NEW FRIENDS LEAP AND PIROUETTE INTO THE INFINIWEAVING...

Quote Originally Posted by Power Woman View Post
    They start to see the fire spread toward them.

"Of course you did, Alkyone. Now let's kill these idiots, claim what we need, and get out of here."
    ...AH YES HERE FOR YOUR SUICIDE I SEE FULFILLING YOUR NAMESAKE AS BEST YOU CAN DO NOT WORRY I WILL DO ALL IN MY POWER TO HELP SEE THAT YOU INDEED KILL YOURSELVES PROFLIGATE UNCOUTH CREATURES...

...YOU INVADE THIS HUB OF GOODS AND SERVICES IT IS WITH SUCH IRE THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO UNRAVEL EXISTENCE PITEOUS IGNORANCE YOU DABBLE IN THINGS BEYOND YOUR KEN YOU COME TO SNATCH THESE MYSTICAL ITEMS SEE THEN IT IS ONLY JUST THAT THEY'VE A CHANCE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES IN THIS FIGHT FOR ALL THAT IS...

The sorcerer hat's glow began to visibly radiate deeper, and The Weaver's voice thrummed to new heights.

...I AM WEAVER...

...IT IS IN MY VERY CORE TO STOP YOU...

Those items that had already danced beyond Him suddenly took flight and darted toward the two villains below! Corrosive liquids and inks, unstable potions, jars caging god knows what worked to block their vision, encumber their limbs, burst in their eyes, all trying to create openings for other Heroes to land blows! With a conductor's grace he gathered more items into the bag, conserving the more volatile vials and a few enchanted dolls and idols to strike further.
    Last edited by Masterbasset; 07-13-2015 at 12:30 AM.

The Cat had drawn her pistol the moment Power Woman had entered the scene, which obviously wouldn't do much to a Supermanesque figure much less two.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Woman View Post
    "Counter argument we beat you and take the spear for ourselves."

"...Athena..." Simon made a breathless supplication as he beheld the crazed, powerful lovers who robbed him of his family, his people. The women he swore vengeance on.

And Superwoman was no less stunned to see him.

"Ah! The abomination! Excellent! We can end you right here and now. It was, after all, your fault that Themiscyra was destroyed. You should have never been born."

"Liar!" the Amason hissed. "You murdered them all! Our sisters!" He lunged at Alkyone, but enhanced with the girdle of Gaia, she swatted him aside, even at his Amazon-strength level. He slammed into the wall of the catacomb, but quickly shook off the pain and hurled a loose boulder at her with all his might. This quick surprise attack managed to knock Superwoman off her feet, but soon he had no time to press a further attack as he caught a scorching beam of heat vision on his bracelet. Although the beam deflected, the intense heat was becoming too much.

"Didn't you hear what my beloved said? If not, perhaps you'll listen to the words of our great mentor and philosophical idol." Power Woman said.

Quote Originally Posted by Val from the Groovy Gang

Life in this society being, at best, an utter bore and no aspect of society being at all relevant to women, there remains to civic-minded, responsible, thrill-seeking females only to overthrow the government, eliminate the money system, institute complete automation and destroy the male sex.

Circe ran behind some of the others down one of the paths. She would stop every so often to wave a hand, causing some cantrip spells to take hold behind them. "These spells will not stop this woman of power, but they should buy us a bit of time and let us know if we're being followed. Remember to grab what you can and we can sift through the artifacts when we return to the Monitor's stronghold!"
    "I found this laying around.

Hmm...I think I'm going to keep it."
    GLORIOUS!

Following Circe's advice, Terrence Thirteen began picking up objects. Some, he could tell, were useless unless wielded by a genuine mage; but others would work for anyone with sufficient will to call upon their powers. One of the latter was a golden helmet. Nabu's? He hesitated, then put it on.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

An entry from Roy Lincoln's satellite journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    "...Athena..." Simon made a breathless supplication as he beheld the crazed, powerful lovers who robbed him of his family, his people. The women he swore vengeance on.

And Superwoman was no less stunned to see him.

"Ah! The abomination! Excellent! We can end you right here and now. It was, after all, your fault that Themiscyra was destroyed. You should have never been born."

"Liar!" the Amason hissed. "You murdered them all! Our sisters!" He lunged at Alkyone, but enhanced with the girdle of Gaia, she swatted him aside, even at his Amazon-strength level. He slammed into the wall of the catacomb, but quickly shook off the pain and hurled a loose boulder at her with all his might. This quick surprise attack managed to knock Superwoman off her feet, but soon he had no time to press a further attack as he caught a scorching beam of heat vision on his bracelet. Although the beam deflected, the intense heat was becoming too much.

"Didn't you hear what my beloved said? If not, perhaps you'll listen to the words of our great mentor and philosophical idol." Power Woman said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post
    Those items that had already danced beyond Him suddenly took flight and darted toward the two villains below! Corrosive liquids and inks, unstable potions, jars caging god knows what worked to block their vision, encumber their limbs, burst in their eyes, all trying to create openings for other Heroes to land blows! With a conductor's grace he gathered more items into the bag, conserving the more volatile vials and a few enchanted dolls and idols to strike further.
    The Weaver's attack distracted the two women long enough for me to get Amason out of harm's way. Harbinger, meanwhile, prevented him from tossing a particular wheel and jar which happened to be among the items at his disposal.

She also advised Dr. Thirteen.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Following Circe's advice, Terrence Thirteen began picking up objects. Some, he could tell, were useless unless wielded by a genuine mage; but others would work for anyone with sufficient will to call upon their powers. One of the latter was a golden helmet. Nabu's? He hesitated, then put it on.
    "We have need of the Helm later, but its services may be of use in this fight as well," I overheard her say.

As the two women knocked magical jars and potions aside, shielding themselves with their capes, Mister Blue Skies charged into the fight, tackling Superwoman. "I'm no match for a Kryptonian, but I can take you, Amazon!"

"I don't think so!" Power Woman shouted. She knocked Blue Skies into a wall with a swift, powerful punch and followed that up with a first of heat vision.

OOC: Voting extended to Friday evening.

OOC: A watched pot never boils and I took my eyes off of this pot, it seems. Got a lot of catching up to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    "Figure if we ain't tripped an alarm by now, we ain't gonna get caugh--."

Rogue bumped into a bookshelf while she was talking to Mary Jane.

"Dangit! Ah am just a bull in a china shop in this place."

She picked up a few books, one with a mouth trying nibble at her fingers.

"Didn't the Mythbusters do a show on that?"
    Mary Jane asked. "I think they busted the 'bull in a china shop' thing."

"Power Woman," Blue Skies says coldly.

"Yes. Some of you know her as Power Girl," Harbinger informs them. "This one is not the virtuous hero you know, but rather a ruthless fighter who uses her immense strength and her sexuality to obtain anything she desires."

Roy appears behind Amason and puts a hand on his shoulder. He tells the hero, "I know she's from your world and you hate her, but don't act rashly."
    "Where did she come from?" Mary Jane asked. "She just showed up out of nowhere."

"Wait... did you say Spear of DENSITY?"

"Duhhhhhhr.... wha happa?"

"Okay, I think I should enter the catacombs." Mary Jane said. Using her Power Ring, she began flying through the tunnels beneath the store, looking for any of the artifacts on the list. "Okay, what were those items again?"

The Weaver's attack distracted the two women long enough for me to get Amason out of harm's way. Harbinger, meanwhile, prevented him from tossing the wheel, the bell, and the jar, which happened to be among the items at his disposal.
    Angry at being removed from the confrontation, the Amason nonetheless unliked his silver lariat. Twirling the loop over his head, he threw it straight at Power Woman in hopes of binding her. Like the lariats of Wonder Woman and Donna Troy, they were magic, indestructible even by Kryptonian hands.