The Eliminated
    Red Lantern Dex-Starr--possessed by a Hound
    Lobo the Duck-possessed by a Hound!
    Hummingbird--an Agent!
    Arak Magnus--failed to vote
    Superboy-Prime--The Speaker!

The Guard and the Judge did not act.
    The Speaker was eliminated

Round ends Saturday, July 25th, at 11:00 PM EST. Try to get your votes in before then!

Circe emptied the basket for the Monitor and his forces to sift through. The Sorting Hat was among the items and smiled as a most singular sword appeared peeking from the tattered brim.

Among the miscellaneous items Circe had gathered, there were also a few accoutrements she had grabbed immediately before being teleported back.

A crown that seemed to emanate cold and beckoning whispers seem to haunt all around it, encouraging someone to put it on.

And, finally, a rather unique amulet which exudes a special kind of magic.

The discovery of Hawkman's death and the role that Superboy Prime held struck everyone. "I... I wish I was more of a sleuth. Perhaps my choices would be more wise... Nothing like this ever occurs on my island. Does anyone else have any thoughts as to who could have done this?"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

"Hello, everyone. I'm Captain Wonder. But you can call me Billy."

"I am also able to access one replacement for the gaps in your team," The Monitor adds. Thus, the Superior Iron Man also arrives among the group.

"As for the world..." As in previous missions, visions of the world to come flash around them. "In the year 2001, the Kreehawks of Halagar returned to Earth after a previous defeat. This time, they managed to claim victory and conquered the planet. As part of this victory, much of humanity was wiped out. Some of those remaining were forced into gladiatorial combat and were the subjects of experimentation. One of these, John Raven, now Killraven, gained psychic abilities. I am sending you to the year 2018. Killraven and a few fellow gladiatorial warriors have escaped from the clutches of the Kreehawks. They have recently encountered Kamandi, who they consider to be the Last Boy on Earth.

"You will be sent to join them and to fight against the Kreehawks, for in these invaders' possession lie artifacts of use to us. Their commander has in his control the Nega Bands. The force as a whole has at their disposal the Absorbascon, a device that grants psychic powers to all who access it--Killraven himself is an example of its possible lasting effect. Also, hidden within their stronghold, within their archives, is a Cosmic Cube--a seemingly innocent device of tremendous power.

"A member of the Suicide Squad is already there, making its own assault on the Kreehawks and Earth natives alike."

"Let me introduce you all to the Starro Swarm. It's a large collective of alien creatures that are each like a cross between a starfish and octopus. Together, they possess great strength, can fire energy beams, and have immense psychic power. If one member of the collective falls onto your face, you will join their collective.

"Unfortunately, I will not be able to assist you on this mission. Now that we've built up a number of artifacts, I need to make preparations for using them against the Anti-Monitor. I am hopeful that Captain Wonder and Killraven's forces will be enough to help you. Best of luck."

They are then transported to the Earth's surface.

Meanwhile...

The Wanderers have already defeated Immortus's forces before Captain Wonder is summoned. "You have defeated my Limbo Legion... who were, in truth, just Space Phantoms," Immortus says, the Phantoms taking their true form. "I stand by my word. You can have what you came for." They were able to access the Armory of Limbo before being summoned to their next mission...
    As our heroes are transported to the surface, they see the barren, desolate smoked out nature of their surroundings.

A sign would blow past them that said this was New Jersey. Captain Wonder looked around, then whistled.

"Wow, this is one of the worse worlds I've seen. Now, we should be encountering Killraven pretty soon folks. Oh yeah, Mr. Gammastorm? If you can't keep yourself under control, ill do it for you" he said with a smile, and out of the rubble of the city walked Killraven with Kamandi, the Last Boy on Earth!

The group would feel Killraven in their heads before he spoke. Like a psychic preview of his words.

"This Monitor, he sent you to aide us and while I appreciate the help, I'd rather we reconvene underground and traverse through the tunnels to reach the Great Refuge safely. Now, hurry before it RAINS!" he said, running towards what looked like a manhole and stabbed it with his sword. a green flash of energy erupted and he jumped through. Once the group followed, they would see scrawling of Morlocks and mutates. Names like Hector Hammond, Dorothy Spinner, Berserker, Rusty Collins and Shiro Yoshida as they were transported on a stream of energy. They'd also hear the noise of something like thunder slamming down on the surface, which stopped once they reached their destination. The Great Refuge.

"The Great Refuge, former home of the Un-People, Vykagon Boltagon, Crystal Dreamer and the others. It is now the last stronghold for humanity, and Kamandi's future" he told them as they looked at the mountainous land formation with the silver city nestled on the ground between two jagged rock formations. As they group walked forward, Killraven signaled to a guard with the last name Carr, then let them inside. Once inside the castle, he turned to the others with a serious expression on his face.

"This Monitor has given me an idea of your situation, so I'm going to hazard he gave you an idea of ours. He could have sent you to the Kregarian home or colonies to tale their devices, but he clearly wants you to aid me, and I will aid you' despite my world being in a unfortunate state. The fate of existence hangs in the balance and I hope that your intervention will tip the scales for us. If any of you need to collect yourselves, do it here at our stronghold. Shuri and Turner are still out with Cain and Wayne. McGinnis should return soon as well with Holt, so you have some time to prepare of need be" he told them.

Meanwhile, in Limbo...

"I knew it! Pick up the phone because I called it! You're still rotten though mister, rotten!" Saturn Girl said as Clark Sparks, Kori and The Demon loaded up the artifacts on the shoulders of Captain Thunder as his body started to glow. As Blue Skies replaced Captain Wonder, Kori picked up Dex-Starr and glared at Immortus. Clark looked at him as well as they began to leave, and waved.

"Well, can't say it's been a pleasure sir, but I hope you continue to enjoy being the tin-pot emperor of time" he said as they left, and the group appeared on what would look like to some, New Genesis hovering over New York! In the distance, Orion on his Astros-Harness would be seen flying next to Iron Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Circe emptied the basket for the Monitor and his forces to sift through. The Sorting Hat was among the items and smiled as a most singular sword appeared peeking from the tattered brim.

Among the miscellaneous items Circe had gathered, there were also a few accoutrements she had grabbed immediately before being teleported back.

] A crown that seemed to emanate cold and beckoning whispers seem to haunt all around it, encouraging someone to put it on.

And, finally, a rather unique amulet which exudes a special kind of magic.

The discovery of Hawkman's death and the role that Superboy Prime held struck everyone. "I... I wish I was more of a sleuth. Perhaps my choices would be more wise... Nothing like this ever occurs on my island. Does anyone else have any thoughts as to who could have done this?"
    BEFORE EARTHFALL...

Roy Lincoln took the items Circe pulled out, observing the crown a bit longer than any other artifact. His psychic sensitivity allowed him to feel the crown's history.

"This has such a sad, haunting tale. It almost trapped me. The price for such power is so high. Thankfully, I'll be merging it with the other items, counteracting its mesmerizing qualities," he told her.

When Circe asked her question, Captain Wonder decided to speak to her through this dilemma.

"Consulting the wisdom of Solomon leads me to think that you should vote for the person you know the least about, or at least get them to open up, Circe. They may not want to kill but their bodies aren't their own when these Hypertime Hounds possess them. Mull it over and in the end, go with your gut. that's all you really can do, okay?" he asked her with a sunshine smile. Then, they were transported Earthside!
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

As our heroes reconvened, THE STARRO SWARM SCOURED EARTH! a mass three times the size of Texas floated across the atmosphere, raining destruction and erosion of will across the surface. No one knew how or why the Starro Swarm struck where it did, or when it started. Some say yesterday, some say years but the main factor is it existed and was there, to the horror of the denizens of Earth. Those that existed.

The Cat had been wrong and another innocent had been eliminated. "I need to be better..." She replied softly to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    As our heroes reconvened, THE STARRO SWARM SCOURED EARTH! a mass three times the size of Texas floated across the atmosphere, raining destruction and erosion of will across the surface. No one knew how or why the Starro Swarm struck where it did, or when it started. Some say yesterday, some say years but the main factor is it existed and was there, to the horror of the denizens of Earth. Those that existed.
    "We're too exposed here." The Cat replied. "We need to move, now."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    The Cat had been wrong and another innocent had been eliminated. "I need to be better..." She replied softly to herself.

"We're too exposed here." The Cat replied. "We need to move, now."
    OOC: I'm guessing this is before Killraven took them to the Great Refuge

"I know, hence why we're heading to the Great Refuge. The leftover technology and my own abilities help us stay masked from the Kreehawks and the Star-Devil" he said, ushering The Cat and the others to follow him.

"Follow me to the tunnels!" he said, and the group descended into the tunnels and saw the leftover signs and hieroglyphics from the dead Morlocks.

As The Wanderers saw Orion and Iron Man fly away, Clark asked a question.

"Who is that man flying next to Orion? Anybody know?"
    Last edited by Froggy; 07-21-2015 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEN View Post
    As the light fills the room, a gruesome explosion can be heard. When the light fades, everyone can see that Hawkman is dead, his skull and brain matter strewn about the floor.

"The final Hound has struck again," Roy states.

"I am also able to access one replacement for the gaps in your team," The Monitor adds. Thus, the Superior Iron Man also arrives among the group.

Upon his arrival, the Superior Iron Man notices the colorful shield left behind by the now deceased Hawkman. Iron Man picks it up, observes it for a moment, and casually tosses it aside.

Quote Originally Posted by NOW
    ---MORE GLORIOUS EXPOSITION---

They are then transported to the Earth's surface.
    The Superior Iron Man remains silent, opting to survey his new surroundings. The A.I. of the armor can be heard...

[SCANNING AREA]
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    [SCANNING AREA]
    When they arrived, the armor would recognize they were in New Jersey, then the Morlock Tunnels. After they left those areas, the armor would recognize the area as the former home of The Inhumans, Attilan. There were about forty people there even counting his newly joined group. There were no signs of life for hundreds of thousands of miles.
    "Iron Man? I can barely sense who you are but I've never seen a Starktech suit in person. Makes me wary of your nature, if you are human!" Killraven exclaimed, sword drawn.

"State your name, stranger!" he said. Thankfully Captain Wonder got between the two and smiled.

"Hey now, we're all here to help. We may have our own issues but we're here to help Mr. Raven" Captain Wonder told him.

"Iron Man wants to save reality just like we do, and he'll fight to save yours, no matter his identity" he said. Kamandi looked at the heroes in awe, then quickly looked away as soon as he thought they spotted him. The way he looked at them, a mixture of hope and anguish was worthy of questioning. Before they got a chance to, Dick Grayson and Cassandra Cain barreled in with Kate Bishop and Rikki Barnes. Rikki was carrying a badly scarred Kate on her back. Killraven looked at them and his eyes grew wide.

"Grayson! What happened?"

"Killraven sir, we tried to free Genosha but a Sentry spotted us and alerted him, Ka-Tar. We tried to escape but Damien and Terry, they were too far in, didn't want to leave I'd..we lost them" Dick Grayson said, hanging his head. Killraven sighed, and it was the sound of a man fighting a losing battle, probably a losing war.

"I really hope this works..a.wait, did you see them die?" he asked Dick.

"No sir but if they're not, that's even worse. Though I dont think Damian or Terry would sell us out"

"They don't need to, the ABSORBASCON is powerful enough to rip the thoughts from them. Same with what HE can do to them. It just means our final battle will come sooner than expected. Be ready, travelers"
    Last edited by Froggy; 07-21-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killraven View Post
    "They don't need to, the ABSORBASCON is powerful enough to rip the thoughts from them. Same with what HE can do to them. It just means our final battle will come sooner than expected. Be ready, travelers"
    "If we aren't, we're as good as dead." The Cat replied in a matter of fact tone.
    "How will we stage our attack against our foe?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    "If we aren't, we're as good as dead." The Cat replied in a matter of fact tone.
    "How will we stage our attack against our foe?"
    "We will mount an all out assault at their least protected site and home of the Absorbascon, New York, or New Kree-La as they call it now. We're outnumbered, outgunned and outmanned, but with the Intel Grayson has brought me I'm willing to risk it all on what's stashed there. Apparently the Kreehawks have a cosmic cube but it's not responding to them or their experiments. I tapped into it once, albeit briefly and can taste the faint psionic trace. You all will take care of the Atlas Squadron lead by Ka-Tar. He's a terrifying, savage bastard but I dont think even he could stand up to all of you. While you engage him, I'll tap the cube and fix this. Only problem is the swarm. It seems like when the swarm is around that base the cube doesn't react well and this could be dangerous"

"But you can't Jonathan
    -

"If I can't then who will Dick? Who will? You, Cass, David and the others are all young, and so is the boy. Ive lived my life and it's been one filled with strife. If I should have to give it so you don't, then it's a price I will gladly pay ten times over" he told Dick Grayson.

"While there might be just one person posted at that base, he's still a monster. Be wary of Ka-Tar" he said to The Cat and the others

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "We will mount an all out assault at their least protected site and home of the Absorbascon, New York, or New Kree-La as they call it now. We're outnumbered, outgunned and outmanned, but with the Intel Grayson has brought me I'm willing to risk it all on what's stashed there. Apparently the Kreehawks have a cosmic cube but it's not responding to them or their experiments. I tapped into it once, albeit briefly and can taste the faint psionic trace. You all will take care of the Atlas Squadron lead by Ka-Tar. He's a terrifying, savage bastard but I dont think even he could stand up to all of you. While you engage him, I'll tap the cube and fix this. Only problem is the swarm. It seems like when the swarm is around that base the cube doesn't react well and this could be dangerous"

"But you can't Jonathan
    -

"If I can't then who will Dick? Who will? You, Cass, David and the others are all young, and so is the boy. Ive lived my life and it's been one filled with strife. If I should have to give it so you don't, then it's a price I will gladly pay ten times over" he told Dick Grayson.

"While there might be just one person posted at that base, he's still a monster. Be wary of Ka-Tar" he said to The Cat and the others
    "What about my power ring?" Mary Jane asked. "Can't it create some things that might repel some of the swarm? What are the swarm's strengths and weaknesses? Peter..."

She stopped herself, having almost blurted out a secret identity she had been good at keeping secret all these years. "My friends in the superhero community told me it's important to know just what your foe's capable of, and their weak spots. Tell us everything you know about the swarm."

"Maybe it's just me, but it sounded like your plan was to go for the cube alone, without any backup, while everyone else fought against the Atlas Squadron. And you said that when the swarm is around the base, the cube doesn't react well. Maybe, if the swarm were somehow away from the base..."

She sighed. "I don't know. It sounds like you're taking too big a risk with that cube."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "What about my power ring?" Mary Jane asked. "Can't it create some things that might repel some of the swarm? What are the swarm's strengths and weaknesses? Peter..."

She stopped herself, having almost blurted out a secret identity she had been good at keeping secret all these years. "My friends in the superhero community told me it's important to know just what your foe's capable of, and their weak spots. Tell us everything you know about the swarm."

"Maybe it's just me, but it sounded like your plan was to go for the cube alone, without any backup, while everyone else fought against the Atlas Squadron. And you said that when the swarm is around the base, the cube doesn't react well. Maybe, if the swarm were somehow away from the base..."

She sighed. "I don't know. It sounds like you're taking too big a risk with that cube."
    Killraven listened to Mary Jane Watson talk and a look of eureka crossed his face, before turning back to straight laced and full of concern

"Killraven she's right? I mean she has a Lantern ring and those haven't been seen since-"

"I heard Grayson, and yes you are right. However do you really think you can handle the swarm by yourself? I sensed your shaky confidence when I scanned those of you I could earlier. If you really do think you can do this then by all means I would like for you to try. The reason for my plan being that way was that Earth's population is near extinction or cattle for the Kreehawks. The people here in the Great Refuge are all that's left and of my small band there are few who could do what we have done to protect them, the most important being Kamandi, the boy. With the Starro Swarm slaughtering and enslaving whatever it can and the Kreehawks mining Earth for experiments, we're doomed no matter how this war ends unless we get the cube. The Starro Swarm is a collective of aliens that look like starfish. However, great strength and immense psionix power belie their harmless looking bodies. The fact they travel in a pack adds even more horror to their existence. Their psionix abilities are so immense that even scouring Earth from orbit I can get a nosebleed just by their presence everywhere except here. I see that you are a Lantern and that requires great willpower. However, I don't think you should do this alo- Killraven told her only to be cut off by Captain Wonder.

"Green Lantern won't be alone. I'll accompany her in fighting off the Starro Swarm. Solomon's wisdom may not have all the answers, but it knows how to deal with mind control" he said, hand on MJ's shoulder as a sign of reassurance

Quote Originally Posted by Killraven View Post
    When they arrived, the armor would recognize they were in New Jersey, then the Morlock Tunnels. After they left those areas, the armor would recognize the area as the former home of The Inhumans, Attilan. There were about forty people there even counting his newly joined group. There were no signs of life for hundreds of thousands of miles.
    "Iron Man? I can barely sense who you are but I've never seen a Starktech suit in person. Makes me wary of your nature, if you are human!" Killraven exclaimed, sword drawn.

"State your name, stranger!" he said. Thankfully Captain Wonder got between the two and smiled.
    The Superior Iron Man remained silent...continuing his scan...

[SCANNING]

[SUBJECT: JONATHAN KILLRAVEN. SIMILAR TO BUT NOT THE SAME JONATHAN KILLRAVEN OF EARTH-691.]

[THREAT LEVEL - MINIMAL]

[SUBJECT CATALOGUED.]

The Superior Iron Man's eyes begin flashing.

[AREA SCAN COMPLETE]

[NUMEROUS HOSTILES APPROACH]

[PREPARE DEFENSIVE PROTOCALS]
    GLORIOUS!

"I shall vote for Superstorm, I suppose-- although, I have been rather lax in my detective duties. Something about this place seems draining. There is magic, yes, but it seems as though that mystical energy is... desperate... almost invasive-- at least compared to that of my own realm."

Circe sat for a moment, trying to gather her breath.

OOC: Vote for Superstorm

...YES YES YES I SENSE THE BEHEAMOTH PSIONIC ENERGY AN ARMY OF CONTROLLERS CONTROLLING EACH OTHER AS A VESSAL THREATENING PUISSANT ANOTHER OBSTACLE...

...I MAY BE ABLE TO HIDE BEHIND THE AETHER SO THEY CANNOT TOUCH ME VISIBLE YET INTANGIBLE I CAN PROVIDE MORE DISTRACTION THEY WILL BE DRAWN TO MY OWN PSYK-WEAVINGS I SHALL TAUNT THE STARS AS THEY STRUGGLE TO FIND A FOOTHOLD SEE BELOW SEE BELOW PERHAPS IT WILL BE ENOUGH FOR OTHER CHAMPIONS TO MOVE IN SEE BELOW...

The Weaver drew a crude diagram of his plan.

mail.google.com.jpg

...I OF COURSE SHALL AID IN EITHER FRONT RENDING FLESH AS NECESSARY...

...AS FOR THE AFOOT GAME I MUST INSIST ON THE IRRADIATED ERUDITE GAMMASTORM EFTSOONS RAGESTORM HIS NEWFOUND MIGHT MAY MAKE ME EVEN MORE RIGHT THAN AFORE...

OOC: Vote for Ragestorm!
    Last edited by Masterbasset; 07-25-2015 at 07:42 PM.