Page 31 of 114 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

OOC: Sigh. RL basically did a lot to chase away and discourage any sort of creativity. Now I have to play catch-up.

IC:

Mary Jane took a look around. "Arkham Asylum..." she said. "There's a place like it in our world. Ravencroft."

"Only ... this place has the Joker. Poison Ivy. And so many Batman villains. Unless they've broken out again."

Mary Jane knew, however, that this group would likely be able to deal with those villains if indeed they ran into them. Still, as she walked through the halls, there was an unsettling atmosphere. Perhaps it had to do with the occasional rantings and ravings she heard from the cells.

"Whacha gonna do when Abeyance-a-mania runs wild on you?"

"Copy monkey! Copy monkey!"

"Consider it a bike no more!"

"I am Elektra. I DO NOT CARE!"

"Glass of Milk will save the day! With the help of the Party Van!"

Mary Jane shook her head. She decided she didn't want to know.

She proceeded with the group in silence, not wanting to dwell on the strange sights and sounds. She hadn't seen or heard any of Batman's villains yet, but she knew it was only a matter of time before they encountered a few.

Roy Lincoln's powers were keeping most of the staff unaware of their presence as they proceeded to the property room. However, just as they reached it, there came an encounter, with an enemy that Mary Jane was NOT expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Just as we reached it, we heard a loud crash. Debris flew everywhere as a bright light enveloped the room. After a moment, the light subsided, taking the form of a cape of fire. In front of it, or rather, wearing it was a member of the Suicide Squad: Gorilla Grodd, with the cosmic power of the Phoenix.

"Ah. The Monitor and his precious group of supposed heroes," he said mockingly.

"Ready yourselves, everyone, before you get fried," the Demon commanded. "And we have to hit him fast and hard!"

"Ah, but you are weakened from previous fights, worn out on your foolish quest. What hope do you have against me? Or should I say..."

We all heard an alarm blare and the sound of cell doors opening echoing throughout the hallway.

"What hope do you have against me and all of them?" he goaded, an insidious smile on his face.
    "Uh oh." Mary Jane said. "This was what I was afraid of."

The Demon moved to confront Gorilla Grodd.

Mary Jane wished to go right to work, but she wasn't sure what to do.

"Finish the mission?" Mary Jane asked. "What should we do? Try to get into the Property Room or fight off those inmates?"

Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

PRE-DROP

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    She clanked glasses with Thor before rising to her feet to tell a story.

THE SECRET ORIGIN OF THE UNCANNY ULTRA ROGUE

Dang, that's some yarn, ain't it? Reckon ah should work on an abridged version."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Thor clasped a hand on her shoulder.

"Rogue, through your actions here, you have proven yourself an honorable warrior and a true hero. We have all made mistakes, and YOU have chosen the path of honor in working to redeem your past. There is not one person here who could think lesser of you.

Indeed, in my own time, I have been guilty of many rash and hubristic actions. But we must not let the mistakes of the past destroy our future!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Ragestorm harrumphed in the corner. Arms crossed, the behemoth grudgingly tipped his head to the Thunder God.

"'Bout time, Winghead. Guess I'm changin' my vote to the Cat, too."
    Thor glanced at Gammastorm with a look of irritation.
    "Though I care not for your tone, Hulking, I am glad you choose to trust me".

POST-DROP
    Just as we reached it, we heard a loud crash. Debris flew everywhere as a bright light enveloped the room. After a moment, the light subsided, taking the form of a cape of fire. In front of it, or rather, wearing it was a member of the Suicide Squad: Gorilla Grodd, with the cosmic power of the Phoenix.

"Ready yourselves, everyone, before you get fried," the Demon commanded. "And we have to hit him fast and hard!"

"Ah, but you are weakened from previous fights, worn out on your foolish quest. What hope do you have against me? Or should I say..."

"What hope do you have against me and all of them?" he goaded, an insidious smile on his face.
    Thor's stomach lurched. Facing a simian was one thing, but one imbued with the powers of the Phoenix? Even with all his might, Thor couldn't hope to match the power of the Phoenix force. The last time he warred with the Phoenix, Thor suffered many humiliations before the combined powers of all the X-Men and Avengers managed to subdue it. Still, Thor had managed to hold off the Phoenix for significant periods of time before. He doubted anyone else had the experience or the raw strength Necessary to hold off this member of the Suicide Squad.

And so, Thor prepared to face one of the most terrifying forces he had ever known

With fire in his eyes, Thor Stood before Grodd.

"What hope we have is that born of making the impossible reality! What courage we have is the hope of warriors who do not bow to tyrants or tricksters! I am THOR, Son of Odin, and YOU SHALL KNOW MY MIGHT!"

And Thor rushed Grodd, striking his belly, sending him across the room. And even then, Thor knew he hadn't even hurt the beast.

Dr. Zoom slaughtered many foes to Thor's disapproval, as The Demon moved to join Thor in his assault.

It is a most unusual day when Gods and Demons join together to fight a common foe. I fear for thee, Suicide Squad, for today you face wrath Celestial AND Infernal!"

The Wanderers adventure continues!

The Wanderers would arrive at the city of Supertown and greet Iron Man with Orion.

"Now who might you be? I sensed you tracking us to Exodus but you seemed harmless. Don't prove me to be wrong" he told them. Orion stared with his astro harness at the group.

"We're looking for a Mother Box, a special one that was entrusted to the Forever People" Clark told them, which shocked Orion.

"You mean the one containing HIM?" he asked, incredulous. The other Wanderers would wonder who he meant. Clark thought the Infinity Man but another name was said by Orion.

"The Silver Surfer" he told the group, shocking Clark and the others.

"We're actually looking for it ourselves and we've found it with someone, Granny Goodness. She lives in what was the devastation of Asgard, Apokolips. I am returning there, will you all join me?" He asked The Wanderers.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

[QUOTE=Joe Acro;1400125]
    I was Grodd! However, no longer am I "some lowly ape." I have transcended mankind! I am the Phoenix! My might will be your destruction! he shouted in our heads. The words hurt me, even with my telepathic powers.

He was promptly thrown backward by a telekinetic force. I just barely reacted in time to catch him.

"You think it so easy to get past me?! Grodd shouted. A wall of flame engulfed the entrance to the Property Room.

The Demon rose up, telling us all, "I will distract the gorilla! The rest of you must finish the mission!"

Shaken by the telepathic intrusion for a nano-second, the psi-dampeners in Zoom's armor strained to block the psychic power enhanced by the Phoenix Force. Whether they were still functioning, compromised, or destroyed, it didn't seem to matter, as Zoom continued, undaunted.

Blipping briefly in and out of view, Doctor Zoom proceeded to slaughter inmates-- this time, casually knocking them aside with tremendous momentum, often breaking necks or skulls. Even Bane and Killer Croc were tossed aside with a sickening SNAP, littering the hall alongside the nameless inmates' corpses.

"Do not delude yourself, demon. Zoomobeysnoone." Zoom once more blipped out of sight, also heading for Grodd-Phoenix. "Theeeeee pooooooowerrrrr ofthePhoenixshallbeeeee improooooooooooved unnnnnderrrrrr a nnnneeeeeeeew hooooooooost!"

As Zoom sped forward, the world seemed to change for a moment, a silken voice dancing around him.

"Tsk. You seem so certain that this power will be yours. You never once stopped to think it may be another's..."

"Destiny."

------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    The Wanderers adventure continues!

The Wanderers would arrive at the city of Supertown and greet Iron Man with Orion.

"Now who might you be? I sensed you tracking us to Exodus but you seemed harmless. Don't prove me to be wrong" he told them. Orion stared with his astro harness at the group.

"We're looking for a Mother Box, a special one that was entrusted to the Forever People" Clark told them, which shocked Orion.

"You mean the one containing HIM?" he asked, incredulous. The other Wanderers would wonder who he meant. Clark thought the Infinity Man but another name was said by Orion.

"The Silver Surfer" he told the group, shocking Clark and the others.

"We're actually looking for it ourselves and we've found it with someone, Granny Goodness. She lives in what was the devastation of Asgard, Apokolips. I am returning there, will you all join me?" He asked The Wanderers.

"A... Mother Box? I have never heard of such a thing. Is it akin to Pandora's box?" Circe had remained silent for a time, humbled by being voted out... but after some consideration, realized her voting had been far from helpful. "Perhaps actual artifact-hunting is more attuned to my particular skills. Certainly, this Grandmother Goodness shall aid our cause... if she lives up to her moniker, of course."

Default A Brief Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by Grodd View Post
    I was Grodd! However, no longer am I "some lowly ape." I have transcended mankind! I am the Phoenix! My might will be your destruction! he shouted in our heads. The words hurt me, even with my telepathic powers.
    The sheer force of the Grodd's psionic backlash sent the Superior Iron Man crashing into an empty cell.

"Well that sucked. At least I didn't land in an occupied cell."

Suddenly, a nearby PA system activates, playing what sounds like a pre-recorded message.

"Well well well. If it isn't my favorite Dark Knight Detective-tec-tec-tective."

"What? What's he tal--"

"You know the rules, detective-ru-ru-rules, detective. Solve the riddle, and maybe just maybe, you'll prove to me that you're not just some furrow-browed neanderthal."

"Buddy, are you talking t---"

Quote Originally Posted by RIDDLE ME THIS!
    "BOOMERANGS ARE EFFECTIVE SOLO AND IN PACKS. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU USE IT TO STAB YOUR PARTNERS IN THE BACK."
    "I don't have time for this. I'm outt--"

-BZZZZT!-

An electrical wall activates, blocking the Superior Iron Man from exiting the cell.

"Now now, detective. You know the rules. If you can't solve my riddle, then you'll nev-nev-never get ou-ou-out."

"What riddle?! That was nothing more than a nursery rhyme! I don't even know where to star---wait, what's that?"

Beneath the debris, the Superior Iron Man notices 3 peculiar items: a blood-stained boomerang, a gun with water dripping out, and a gun with broken mirrors around it.

"...Well he did mention boomerangs...."

[SCANNING]

After the scanning the items, the electrical wall shuts down. Another item appears before the Superior Iron Man..

"Bah! Take your prize and go! You were lucky, detective. But I'll get you one day. One day I'll have you stu-stu-stu-stumped!"

Quote Originally Posted by CONGRATULATIONS!
    RIDDLER TROPHY FOUND!
    Quote Originally Posted by NEW FILES UNLOCKED!
    Quote Originally Posted by NEW STORY UNLOCKED!
    "....Okay, then."

The Superior Iron Man tosses aside the trophy and rejoins the battle.
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 08-05-2015 at 09:01 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post

"A... Mother Box? I have never heard of such a thing. Is it akin to Pandora's box?" Circe had remained silent for a time, humbled by being voted out... but after some consideration, realized her voting had been far from helpful. "Perhaps actual artifact-hunting is more attuned to my particular skills. Certainly, this Grandmother Goodness shall aid our cause... if she lives up to her moniker, of course."
    Orion's eyes fix on Circe. His voice is booming and one that commands respect off tone alone, like if the lightning from the skies were a drill sergeant.

"You woman! Can you sense energy? Aye, Mother Box, this one in particular is a Pandora's Box. It holds the herald of the Great Destroyer Galactus inside. Highfather imprisoned him when he came to Earth and if we are unable to find him, I am afraid Granny Goodness will free the herald to serve under her and her master. Granny Goodness' name is a lie, she is a cruel, haggard woman with a deceitful heart and wicked to the core. Your magical skills I smell will be useful navigating the remains of the Old Gods. Onward, to the Graveyard!" Orion commanded, and form his AstroHarness a Boom Tube was opened up, sounding like a thunderbolt piercing the sky. No one could see it but Iron Man had a wistful look as he saw the Boom Tube open and followed Orion. The Wanderers filed in next, with Clark and Kori waiting for Circe.

"We'll help you in the search Circe. I can aid you with that, while Kori helps me guard you against possible threats"

Any who act to hurt you in our quest for this artifact will feel the wrath of Kori'andr!" she vowed, flexing. Once they stepped through the portal, The Wanderers would see the ruins of Asgard around them. Lakes of lava, and the corpses of trolls, gods and giants encased in rusted golden shells.

Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie616 View Post
    It is a most unusual day when Gods and Demons join together to fight a common foe. I fear for thee, Suicide Squad, for today you face wrath Celestial AND Infernal!"
    "'Tis not my first time teaming with a god. Nor I suspect my last. Yet we must fight as one."

This mix of thunder and hellfire, godly might and demonic toughness intermixed well, the mystical energies acting as counterbalances to the Phoenix's cosmic power. Yet, it only proves momentarily successful.

"You have no hope against me."

A focused, strong psychic spike assaults Thor's mind. I will show you how hopelessness feels. Thor experiences all the moments he has lost faith, fallen astray, failed, or become unworthy.

At the same time, The Demon is held by the neck in the telekinetic grip of a giant flaming talon. "What can you accomplish if you can't even move?

The Demon grins and his left arm extends like putty, his purple fist almost hitting Grodd in the jaw. Unfortunately, the Squad member dodges it in time. "Nice try, but you'll have to think quicker than that."

As Grodd talks, The Demon is already reciting, "Gone, gone, O Etrigan! Rise once more the form of man!"

Grodd catches his meaning just in time and tries to squeeze the life out of The Demon. In mystical flash, however, Jason Blood takes his place. Grodd is still squeezing, but it seems to have no effect, no matter how slender the neck. "Having some trouble? You can't suffocating a man who doesn't need to breath!" He instantly transforms into a flood of water, washing over his opponent. He thinks, I'll have to keep changing if I hope to win. Can't stay in the same form too long.

"'Tis not my first time teaming with a god. Nor I suspect my last. Yet we must fight as one."

This mix of thunder and hellfire, godly might and demonic toughness intermixed well, the mystical energies acting as counterbalances to the Phoenix's cosmic power. Yet, it only proves momentarily successful.

A focused, strong psychic spike assaults Thor's mind. I will show you how hopelessness feels. Thor experiences all the moments he has lost faith, fallen astray, failed, or become unworthy.

At the same time, The Demon is held by the neck in the telekinetic grip of a giant flaming talon. "What can you accomplish if you can't even move?

The Demon grins and his left arm extends like putty, his purple fist almost hitting Grodd in the jaw. Unfortunately, the Squad member dodges it in time. "Nice try, but you'll have to think quicker than that."

As Grodd talks, The Demon is already reciting, "Gone, gone, O Etrigan! Rise once more the form of man!"

Grodd catches his meaning just in time and tries to squeeze the life out of The Demon. In mystical flash, however, Jason Blood takes his place. Grodd is still squeezing, but it seems to have no effect, no matter how slender the neck. "Having some trouble? You can't suffocating a man who doesn't need to breath!" He instantly transforms into a flood of water, washing over his opponent. He thinks, I'll have to keep changing if I hope to win. Can't stay in the same form too long.
    Dr. Thirteen turned to the others. "Since Grodd obviously wants to keep us out of the property room, there must be something in there he doesn't want us to find. If Thor and the Demon can keep him occupied long enough, maybe some of us can get past him. Anyone else ready to try?"
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Thirteen View Post
    Dr. Thirteen turned to the others. "Since Grodd obviously wants to keep us out of the property room, there must be something in there he doesn't want us to find. If Thor and the Demon can keep him occupied long enough, maybe some of us can get past him. Anyone else ready to try?"
    "Then let's get to it then. Begin area scan."

[SCANNING]

"Hopefully we can get some more intel on what exactly we are looking for."
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    "I'm ready." Mary Jane proclaimed. She took a quick look at the obstacles in front of her. She pondered just what she could create with her Power Ring that would get her past Grodd and his powers (while he was distracted) and into the Property Room.

OOC: Okay, just so we're clear. Just what all IS standing between the players and the Property Room? Need to be clear just so I don't mistakenly try to get past some obstacle that isn't there, or forget about obstacles that ARE there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "I'm ready." Mary Jane proclaimed. She took a quick look at the obstacles in front of her. She pondered just what she could create with her Power Ring that would get her past Grodd and his powers (while he was distracted) and into the Property Room.

OOC: Okay, just so we're clear. Just what all IS standing between the players and the Property Room? Need to be clear just so I don't mistakenly try to get past some obstacle that isn't there, or forget about obstacles that ARE there.
    OOC: AFAIK the only obstacle mentioned so far is a wall of flame that's blocking the door; not sure if it's psychic flame, actual physical flame or both.
    Quote Originally Posted by GroddPhoenix View Post
    "You think it so easy to get past me?! Grodd shouted. A wall of flame engulfed the entrance to the Property Room.
    Still OOC: Of course, the door is probably locked; and there could be other booby traps that Joe hasn't mentioned. Are we allowed to invent obstacles, Joe?
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    ..."My friends, I am the final Agent, and the Hound has possessed our ally, The Cat!"
    The Thunder God's sermon was heard, and The Weaver jigged and bobbed with utter glee!

...GRAND GRAND YOUR BENEDICTION THE WORLDWEAVE IS SAVED THE HOUNDS WILL BE PUT DOWN THE PROBLEM EUTHANIZED BEFORE OUR EYES THE WORLDFABRIC SHALL SPIN ON THIS IS FANTASTIC I AM WEAVER AND YOU TOO ARE WEAVERS FRIENDS WE HAVE SAVED IT ALL STEMMED THE VOID-TIDE FRIENDS BROTHERS IN ARMS WE'VE DONE IT!

It was as much a prance that an eight-legged body could prance, but he pranced around, and placed a slippery black hand around the shoulders of Thor, Ultra Rogue, Doctors Thirteen and Zoom, and gave them a good shake.

...REJOICE YOU ARE NOW OFFICIAL NO LONGER PLAIN BOBBINS YOU POSSESS THE NEEDLE AND THREAD MORE THAN DOCTORS MORE THAN HEROES MORE THAN THUNDER AT YOUR DISPOSAL YOU ARE WEAVERS WEAVING WEAVES...

To other players like Iron Man and Green Lantern, he announced:

...YOU TOO BE WEAVERS I DUB THEE SO REJOICE REJOICE REJOICE...

Only then did he seem to give the pandemonium any thought.

...BUT THEN THERE IS YOU THE FINAL SQUADMAN ON HIS SUICIDE MISSION...

...WHILE I MADE AN OATH TO HAVE YOU REND YOUR OWN FLESH TO FULFILL YOUR TEAM's TITLE AS I AM WEAVER I CANNOT DALLY...

Air and space dipped and changed as a Way was opened to the Weaver's realm, that which All is made of, the Worldfabric.

...AS BEFORE COMRADES GRAB HOLD OF ME AND CLOSE YOUR EYES IF YOU VALUE THEM DO NOT TOUCH A THING I CAN WEAVE US TO WHERE WE NEED TO BE...

He took all willing into his World, and the same discomfort was felt, the strange discordant tunes heard as his spindly legs touched a piece of the world's Web. The wailing of wind pulled those hanging on to him, enjoying the taste of new flesh.

And it was over. The Gorllia's traps were left untouched, and our heroes were at their destination!

...I VOTE FOR THE CAT...

OOC: Vote for the Cat!
    Last edited by Masterbasset; 08-08-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

At any other time, this assault would have made Thor lose sight of himself. But given the trials he faced against his unworthiness in acquiring the Book of Eternity and Sword of Night. Instead, the assault only forced Thor to focus on his mission. He began twirling his hammer, mentally focusing the ambient phoenix and hellfire energies in the atmosphere, creating a whirlwind of energy and plasma and lightning, striking Grodd with uncommon force, the tornado of energy completely engulfing Grodd, temporarily trapping him.

"Etrigan, now is our chance!"

Thor and Jason distract Grodd long enough for The Weaver to guide the team into the Property Room via the Worldfabric. After the artifacts are gathered, Mary Jane encases them in the traditional Green Lantern orb. After an opportune strike from Thor, Jason Blood turns into a vapor and gasses Grodd.

Roy calls to The Monitor, "We need to leave quickly, before Grodd recovers!"

They are indeed transported back.

"Well done in recovering the artifacts under such... difficult circumstances" The Monitor says immediately upon their return. "And what of the final Hound?"

"The Agent successfully located the final Hound. It is within The Cat," Harbinger reiterates.

As with previous Hounds, The Cat is enclosed in a chamber, the Hound is extracted, and The Cat herself is transported to be among the Wanderers.

"Even though we've defeated the Hounds, we still have to finish the fight against the Anti-Monitor," Roy says after momentary celebration.

"You have only one more world to visit. Once more, Clark Sparks will assist you," The Monitor says.

In a flash of light, Jason Blood is replaced by Clark.

The Monitor continues, "A powerful sorcerer once changed multiple worlds to reflect more ancient times. His spell was lifted and the worlds reverted back... with the exception of one world. On that world, one man's transformation was so complete, he did not become a man who fought against evil, but replaced the fallen evil sorcerer. The Batmage has maintained the spell that keeps his world trapped in an illusion of the past, further corrupted by the Batmage himself. He is the only member of the Suicide Squad you have yet to face, and he is the only thing between us and victory. You must travel to his world and capture the necklace of Kulan Gath, held deep in his cave. Succeed, and we can move to defeat the Anti-Monitor once and for all."

The group so teleported to the new Earth below.

Meanwhile, Jason Blood and The Cat join the Wanderers in a hellish landscape.

"Harbinger told me where we are and what we need to do," Jason says. "We are in the realm of Apollyon. He has artifacts of numerous previous Traitor Games, many of which were the driving forces behind their respective games. We must speak with him and acquire his assistance. But he always has his own plans. We may have to... bargain to get what we want."

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Orion's eyes fix on Circe. His voice is booming and one that commands respect off tone alone, like if the lightning from the skies were a drill sergeant.

"You woman! Can you sense energy? Aye, Mother Box, this one in particular is a Pandora's Box. It holds the herald of the Great Destroyer Galactus inside. Highfather imprisoned him when he came to Earth and if we are unable to find him, I am afraid Granny Goodness will free the herald to serve under her and her master. Granny Goodness' name is a lie, she is a cruel, haggard woman with a deceitful heart and wicked to the core. Your magical skills I smell will be useful navigating the remains of the Old Gods. Onward, to the Graveyard!" Orion commanded, and form his AstroHarness a Boom Tube was opened up, sounding like a thunderbolt piercing the sky. No one could see it but Iron Man had a wistful look as he saw the Boom Tube open and followed Orion. The Wanderers filed in next, with Clark and Kori waiting for Circe.

Circe followed the others into the Boom Tube. "I will do what I can. And, yes, I sense mystical energy. It abounds here. The energy here is akin to my home, yet vastly different. Like the opposite side of a coin, perhaps."

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy
    "We'll help you in the search Circe. I can aid you with that, while Kori helps me guard you against possible threats"

Any who act to hurt you in our quest for this artifact will feel the wrath of Kori'andr!" she vowed, flexing. Once they stepped through the portal, The Wanderers would see the ruins of Asgard around them. Lakes of lava, and the corpses of trolls, gods and giants encased in rusted golden shells.
    "It is most appreciated." Circe nodded and her hands began to glow with ethereal waves of energy.

Meanwhile, Jason Blood and The Cat join the Wanderers in a hellish landscape.

"Harbinger told me where we are and what we need to do," Jason says. "We are in the realm of Apollyon. He has artifacts of numerous previous Traitor Games, many of which were the driving forces behind their respective games. We must speak with him and acquire his assistance. But he always has his own plans. We may have to... bargain to get what we want."
    "Hm... perhaps, a brew would make him more... cooperative. If you think it would help, I can conjure a potent potable capable of enthralling even a god."