Page 90 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1703

Default Re-posting of Traitor Game 10: I'll Take Valhalla continues

Chris Lang 06-27-2007 09:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    Dwight spoke up for the first time in a while, having been hiding under his desk during the whole zombie battle sequence thing.

"Because covering my own ass is my first priority and since no one knows better than I that I'm no traitor, I vote for Miss Piggy. She may not be a traitor, but I know I'm not! Enough with the wasted votes and lets try to end this thing!"
    "Have you even been paying ATTENTION?" Mayday exclaimed. "We already found out Miss Piggy wasn't a Traitor."

Donald M. 06-27-2007 09:37 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "Have you even been paying ATTENTION?" Mayday exclaimed. "We already found out Miss Piggy wasn't a Traitor."
    "Not really," Dwight admitted sheepishly, "I've been a little distracted."

From the communication device still under his desk, a harsh, prim female voice growled, "Dwight, get back here! You haven't finished giving me phone pleasure yet!"

Indigo Al 06-27-2007 11:08 PM

Player update:

Active
    Havik and Gan Ning (Mortal Kombat)
    Peter Pan
    Thorpool (Marvel)
    Dwight Schrute (The Office)
    Ty Lee (Avatar: The Last AirBender)
    Roy Lincoln (alternate DC)
    Tara Maclay (BtVS)

Kitchen
    Apocalypse (Marvel)
    (ex-Cyborg) Santa (Traitor Game V Host) - TIE BREAKER
    Bo (Cursed) - AGENT OF H.E.L.A.
    Megaman (videogame) - RAVEN OF ODIN
    Ms. Piggy (Muppets)

Niffleheim
    Grimlock (Dinobots)
    Ares (Marvel) - BERSERKER
    Batman (Batman & Robin)
    Bob & Karl (agents of AIM and Hydra - Marvel)
    Kamen Rider Odin (Kamen Raida)
    Hotaru (Samurai Deeper Kyo)
    Greed (Full Metal Alchemist)
    Rocky Balboa
    Burger King
    Laharl (Disgaea)

Other
    Spider Man (Marvel) - revealed to be a Space Phantom
    Spider-Girl (Marvel) - away on mission

Jeremi 06-27-2007 11:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Ohh did the wolf enjoy his new sport.
    OOC: I’m getting bored of this…but that doesn’t mean I’ll write this.

IC: Once again WBo was laughing manically. Havik didn’t know why but he guessed that the mesmerizing spell was still in effect or that he was hallucinating from the high loss of blood. “Oh come on now wolf cub, snap out of it! I told you we were already finished…but it looks like those limbs wont re-grow themselves for awhile so allow me to help.” Magic surged into WBo’s torso growing back his lost limbs. “Okay we are done, now be a good little puppy and go slay some zombies.” Havik once again removed the mesmerizing spell and reconstructed the ring as a sign of reconciliation between them.

Crimson King 06-28-2007 12:16 AM

Hotaru: Did I fall in another hole again? And why are there more people here now? Did we win? Where's that mushroom I was gonna cook?

Jeremi 06-28-2007 12:18 AM

OOC: I just realized that we are in Middle-Earth silly me…Time to have some fun.

IC: Gan Ning had noticed the giant elephant looking monsters fast approaching. “Dibs on the elephants!” Gan Ning said to no one particular as he charged against an Olyphant. Slicing at its front legs made the mumakil come tumbling down and Gan Ning proceeded to kill of the crew. “Oh that felt great! Just 20 more to go!”

Meanwhile Havik had teleported away after the fight, but now he was back holding unto something. “Aah yes the one ring, the root of our problems at the moment. That little hobbit wouldn’t take no for answer…to bad I had to beat some sense into him.” Havik opened up another portal and tossed the ring into it. “Chaos is served.”

The ring was floating in an endless void until something took it into its grasp.

“Who dares to clutter down my domain?” Then he noticed what it was. “Sauron! You shall pay dearly for this insult.”

OOC: To be continued…

Indigo Al 06-28-2007 05:57 AM

"Players! Head for Helm's Deep immediately! Hela has sent a Balrog to take the fortress and slaughter its defenders! There be no time to waste!"

Chris Lang 06-28-2007 08:22 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Sif View Post
    "Players! Head for Helm's Deep immediately! Hela has sent a Balrog to take the fortress and slaughter its defenders! There be no time to waste!"
    "A BALROG?" Spider-Girl exclaimed.

"That sort of thing is out of my league." Spider-Girl added. "Maybe that Goomba who's always giving out the info can tell us more about it."

Goombella appeared on the monitors. "Okay, here's what I can tell you."

"This is bad, really bad. That's the Balrog. It's a very ancient, and very powerful demon from Middle Earth's history."

"It's got control of shadow and fire, and will attack you with it. Watch out for that fiery whip! It's a really gnarly whip with flaming thongs that can burn you and snare you with it at the same time! It's also got a flaming sword, and it can cloak itself in shadow."

"If you have to face one of these things in a fight, you should totally hit it with everything you have. And you should try pushing it off a cliff or into a chasm if you can. It'll take someone close to its power level, or greater, to take it out."

"The good news is, some of you are, like, really powerful. So I think you stand a good chance."

After Goombella finished with the tattle, Mayday turned to the rest of the group. "I think when she was talking about some of us being powerful, she was talking about people like Thorpool. Or maybe Ares if he's allowed to be part of the battle."

tangentman 06-28-2007 09:01 AM

Tara's face fell when she heard of Piggy's pending banishment. "I'm sorry, Miss Piggy. I didn't believe you were guilty, but...I guess firing blindly is the way we're playing it in this game." Losing three players in such short time was bad enough. Losing a valiant and funny comrade like Miss Piggy made the losses hurt that much more.

Perhaps Sif's warning came as a welcome relief from their troubles? At least the Balrog's attack wasn't personal. Tara looked ashen when she heard the demon's name. Goombella's account of the demon's powers only deepened Tara's panicked concern. "I read the book and saw the movie...well, the first one, anyway. She's right--the Balrog is out of our league."

The witch's mind raced to find a solution to their dilemma. Tara silently ran through the inventory of her personal spells. Okay, I can use that spell for some of the fire. The barrier spell won't last more than a second against a true Balrog. What about that lightning spell Willow used against Glory? Not that I've ever successfully cast it, but I don't have a choice this time. The others need me...! Those thoughts and more troubled Tara as she worked on her end of helping out.

Finally, Tara spoke up. "Maybe we can use the fire and shadows against the Balrog? What I mean is, the fire is created supernaturally, but once created, it pretty much follows the natural laws of the elements." Tara spun to face Roy. "Roy. You're, like, really fast, right? 'Faster than a speeding bullet' levels of fastness?' I never really read comic books, but don't you super-speed guys usually run fast in circles...like, creating vacuums and stuff?"

She searched his face for any acknowledgment. "That might take away the 'Fire' card. I know spells that'll put out any fires started by the Balrog."

Crimson King 06-28-2007 09:19 AM

Hotaru: Hey, why are you guys on that side? And why can't I go there?

Joe Acro 06-28-2007 09:22 AM

Soon, we made camp and Sif made an announcement regarding the next banishment and kill. Miss Piggy was banished, but revealed not to be an Agent. I suspected as much. Hotaru was killed by the venom of a large serpent, though there was some debate regarding which giant serpent. Sif then ordered us to move out once more. We were to travel to Helm's Deep and defeat a Balrog, a being of shadow and fire. I had had enough.

"Look here, Sif. Odin. I refuse to take part in this adventure any longer. You pulled me here for a Traitor Game against my the solution to a dispute over Valhalla, something you should be able to do without such a game. You have forced me into a war in which I have no part. It isn't like the wars I've fought in the past, where I've had friends involved or events within them affecting my lifestyle. I am being forced to help a civilization I know nothing about. And for all I know, events are supposed to happen this way. It may not be the Middle-Earth of the story, but then neither is your Asgard the one I know.

"I am not your pawn. Have your Asgardians, as many as there are, fight your battles for you. Our place is not on this battlefield. We probably shouldn't even be in this game, but at least I found that acceptable given the ways gods have been known to settle their problems. Now innocent players have died on my watch. It's looking more and more likely that you will lose this game. Did you think of the consequences should you lose? All of our deaths and trials will have been in vain.

"No, Odin, I will no longer fight for you. I will continue in the game if only to save those remaining. It is for that reason that I now vote for Ty Lee."

I ran in the opposite direction from Helm's Deep in anger. Not far, but far enough. If I had had access to this journal then, I likely would have started writing. As it was though, I was just given time to compose my thoughts.

The Purple Skull 06-28-2007 11:24 AM

When we last left off, our villains were still in Middle-Earth in the midst of a battle with Hela. However, things took a weird a turn when a spell casted by Ms. Piggy caused Bob & Karl to transform into Bea Arthur & Nick Nolte respectively. Their day just got better when Sif delivered some grim news.

"Hela sent a what?"

"Sphincter says what?"

"Not now Bob!"

Just then, Hela's Balrog appears before Bob & Karl.

"I JUST GOT PAID!"

"?????"

"Weirdest. Cameo. Yet."

OOC: I just couldn't resist!

Chris Lang 06-28-2007 11:49 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lincoln View Post
    "No, Odin, I will no longer fight for you. I will continue in the game if only to save those remaining. It is for that reason that I now vote for Ty Lee."[/COLOR]
    "I think I KNOW now why you're failing. You're just throwing votes out without even explaining why you're voting for people. You just say 'I vote for such and such', period." Mayday said. "You don't give a case as to why the person you voted for might be a Traitor. You just vote. And that's wrong and it's gotten you into this mess."

"That, and the fact that several people have been killed at once. It doesn't usually happen in these Traitor Games." Kitty replied. "Look at what just happened. Rocky, the King, Hotaru ... all gone in one round. That didn't happen in the game at Madame Xanadu's."

A voice from the monitor spoke up. "I'm Ukyo Kuonji. I was in the sixth Traitor Game, and I still don't know just what I'm doing here with Goombella. But something like this happened in the sixth Traitor Game. Three players just didn't participate at all, and then they were all killed in the same round. I was very upset at those players for not participating in the votes. They ended up getting killed for it, and giving us less chances to vote off the right people. But we managed to catch all the Traitors anyway."

"Problem is, there are still two Traitors left, among seven active players." Mayday replied. "I know Odin put me on this other mission, so it's not my fight anymore. But I can't help worrying about this."

---
    Darth Jubba's palace

Goombella watched the discussion. "If you ask me, Ty Lee's totally got a lot of questions she needs to answer. Why's she taking instructions from some person speaking in a device in her ear? But if she's a Traitor, I think the person she's speaking to doesn't know it."

"I totally don't know who I'd vote for. Thorpool, Dwight, and Ty Lee are all suspicious to me. I'm fairly sure at least one of them is a Traitor, but I'm not sure who."

Goombella suddenly noticed something on one of the other monitors. On the monitor showing the desert in front of Darth Jubba's palace, a giant metal transport was approaching. "What is that?" Goombella asked.

"That's a sandcrawler." Ukyo replied. "I saw it in the American Star Wars movie. It's a transport where Jawas live and store the droids they sell to people."

Goombella turned back to the players. "We'll get back to you in a minute. There's, like, something else we need to take care of. Keep thinking about what we said in the meantime, y'know?"

OOC: The sandcrawler and the Jawas are part of the subplot which should give a reason as to why Goombella and Ukyo are on Tatooine when they could have just as easily done the 'monitor duty' from some place Odin or the Norns set up.

Chris Lang 06-28-2007 11:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "I JUST GOT PAID!"

"?????"

"Weirdest. Cameo. Yet."

OOC: I just couldn't resist!
    Goombella paused just long enough to see that. "No, I don't think THAT's the Balrog Sif was talking about. That Balrog's a former boxer turned street fighter. One skilled enough fighter could defeat him."

"You guys are gonna have to take on a Balrog from the Middle Earth world. And I've already gone into how tough it is. When you face the Balrog, it'll be a good idea to have a good strategy from the get-go."

Deadpooligan 06-28-2007 12:01 PM

Loki appeared again. He floated over to Ty Lee.

"The speedster brings up a good point. Your name. SO tell me this, TY LEE, why are you one of the killers three?"

Thorpool slapped himself in the face.

"Father th'art such a cliche trickster..."

tangentman 06-28-2007 12:01 PM

Tara smiled sheepishly at Goombella's image. "Um, I tried to help plan one. But...the key strategy guy ran off."

Joe Acro 06-28-2007 12:03 PM

In the midst of me thinking, someone spoke to me. I didn't see who, but it was a female voice. Probably Spider-Girl's. Other female voices piped in, a few I recognized from earlier, but their comments weren't specifically directed at me. In any case, Spider-Girl had assaulted my very tactic of voting. So I decided to defend myself.

"I shouldn't need to explain myself. Be that as it may, I will. Ty Lee is sporadically active and generally not sociable. Perhaps she's trying to stop us from voting for her out of ignorance? For me, the only other suspicious person is Dwight. The main thing I'm thinking now, though, is not the choose the obvious. It would be easy to accuse Thorpool or Tara of being a traitor. But it seems too easy and a little predictable."

Tara mentioned something about her key strategy guy for her plan against the Balrog running off. I vaguely recalled her asking me a question just before I confronted Odin. I ran next to her to apologize

"I am sorry for running off, Tara, but I just cannot be a part of your plan. I refuse to take part in this conflict."

Chris Lang 06-28-2007 12:31 PM

Spider-Girl spoke to Tara. "It looks like Roy Lincoln's not going to help us. But don't worry. He's not the only one here with powers that might work. If I heard Goombella right, Thorpool has Thor-like powers."

Kitty chimed in. "That means he could not only strike at the Balrog with his hammer, but he could also call down rains, wind, lightning. That should counter the Balrog's fire."

Mayday continued. "I don't know if the players already eliminated are going to be allowed to participate or not. But if they are, I think Ares might also be able to help."

Kitty spoke up again. "We can't really talk much about this mission we're on, but we're not here in Middle Earth just to help you. We're also here to find some missing people who were banished here. Maybe if we found them soon enough and those missing people were in good enough shape to help, they could make a difference. Problem is, we'll probably be looking for those people while the rest of you have to face the Balrog, orcs, zombies, or whatever else Hela and Saruman might throw at you next."

"I think we should be getting closer to Helm's Deep." Mayday replied. "If what Sif said is true, we can't waste too much time."

tangentman 06-28-2007 01:09 PM

Roy's refusal to help discouraged Tara. She shook her head sadly at the speedster. "You want to save lives...and the best way for you to do that is by running away from the fight and letting innocent people die?" Her luminous eyes fixed on his. "I get that you're mad at Odin and Hela. I don't blame you. I...I don't belong here. I have people back home who need me, too. But I won't abandon the women and children of Helm's Deep just because I don't like the way I was brought here."

Tara turned her back on Roy and walked over to Mayday. The girl in the Spider-Man costume seemed to know superheroes. She acted like an authority on the subject. Tara listened attentively and nodded in agreement. "Thanks. I can still use that spell to put out any fires...but if Thorpool can do all that, maybe we should just let him go at it with the Balrog?"

Chris Lang 06-28-2007 01:38 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tangentman View Post
    Tara turned her back on Roy and walked over to Mayday. The girl in the Spider-Man costume seemed to know superheroes. She acted like an authority on the subject. Tara listened attentively and nodded in agreement. "Thanks. I can still use that spell to put out any fires...but if Thorpool can do all that, maybe we should just let him go at it with the Balrog?"
    "Maybe. It might work." Mayday asked. "But we haven't heard from him, yet. And we haven't actually reached the area where the Balrog is supposed to be yet."

Mayday noted that Kitty was now talking to Danielle Moonstar some distance away. After a while, Kitty approached Mayday.

"Dani just told me what we're supposed to do. She's received reports that there are two people stuck beneath Isengard that aren't supposed to be there. We're supposed to somehow sneak into Isengard and find them."

Mayday nodded. "I don't know what we're waiting for. Another signal from Sif or Odin or the other Asgardians? We should be headed where we're needed soon."

Kevin M. 06-28-2007 02:49 PM

Grimlock started towards Helm's deep with Ares on his back. "Grimlock love challaneg" he said as both of them made their way towards ancient fortress.

Joe Acro 06-28-2007 02:52 PM

Tara berated me for not wanting to help others, noting that not assisting could lead to the deaths of women and children. She quickly turned her back to me and continued planning with Spider-Girl.

I could and can see her logic. But she talked from a lack of experience. People don't find in wars in which they aren't involved or have nothing to gain. This is likely because those in the conflict don't want us to get involved. It's a pride thing. It's why, during World War II, some troops declined the assistance of us super-heroes. That's also part of the reason I left Johnny Alpha's company. More on that later. I just know that the people of Middle-Earth wouldn't want my assistance. I would likely get in the way of their plans or somehow introduce a new problem.

Other players would help them. I only hoped that this world would not be too drastically affected by our presence.

Superheroic 06-28-2007 03:03 PM

Quote Originally Posted by bigboi2 View Post
    Grimlock started towards Helm's deep with Ares on his back. "Grimlock love challaneg" he said as both of them made their way towards ancient fortress.
    "Forget the Speedster," Ares called to the others. "He is most likely in League with Thorpool. On to Helm's Deep!"

darkkeeperjr 06-28-2007 03:31 PM

Bling flew down to the group that were watching the Balrog advance."watch your heads! or you're be dead" Large rocks dropped out of the sky one at a time. Most of the rocks hit the monster right on the head. The group looked up and saw what looked to be 15 or so small birds flying in a straight line.

"Pan flew some strong kids up with him and they are handing him rocks!which will hopefully make the monster stop! Isn't Peter the most cleverest boy you ever saw! Could you even ask for more?"

Jeremi 06-28-2007 04:05 PM

Gan Ning, after slaying a few Mumkail, got his eyes on the Balrog. “Oh yeah this one’s mine! Stand back everybody and watch a master at work.” Gan Ning jumped into the fray when the Balrog got it by rocks and jumped on it’s back. “Oh you’re a feisty on aintya? It’s a good thing that good ol’ Gan Ning his here to give a helping hand!” Striking it with his sword, Gan Ning managed to do some damage before the Balrog grabbed Gan Ning. Suddenly a blast hits the Balrog who proceeded to drop Gan Ning, it was Havik coming to his rescue.

“Act sharp Gan Ning! Or Chaos will swallow you whole!” And so Havik joined the fray as well.

Meanwhile up in Sauron’s tower Sauron was about to get a special visit. “Wayne could you give me my copy of Vogue, and were is my sparkling water. Just because I am an evil god doesn’t mean I wont get thirsty.”

Wayne the goblin came running with Vogue and his sparkling water. “Here you go sir one sparkling water and your Vogue.”

“Ah, excellent this suits the maker of the ring, the one ring…TO RULE THEM ALL!”

Suddenly the doorbell goes off. “Who can that be?”

“Maybe Hela’s coming for another booty call.”

“I told you we are just friends! Gosh! is it that hard to get it trough your head.”

Wayne goes and opens the door. “It looks like someone green and tentacly.”

“Hmm, I don’t know anyone like that…or do I?”

“It says its name is Shuma Gorath.”

“TELL HIM I’M NOT HOME AND CLOSE THE FRIKKIN DOOR!”

Shuma Gorath gets and irritated look. “Sauron…I can see you and hear you.”

“Oh crap…”

To be continued…

OOC: And if anyone is wondering I’m using
    this Sauron.

Froggy 06-28-2007 04:17 PM

Megaman was still waiting for what to do next, before seeing Sauron...."It's....it's like Darkman suddenly got stronger!"

Tommy 06-28-2007 04:28 PM

Bo ignored the quite possibly insane Havik; a man who still seemed deluded enough to believe his petty and pedestrian magical powers were on the same planet as the Dwarfs let alone the same league. He had never even touched the wolf, nor could he. And to believe he truly had the power to destroy something Dwarf made? Laughable. Truly overconfidence goeth before a fall.

However the werewolf's curiosity had been aroused. The solar eclipse had come and gone, and yet the wolf was still here. He pushed the ring off his finger, and immediately reverted back to Bo. Of course now Bo was standing in a field naked. He dove behind a nearby bush and placed the ring back upon his finger. Nothing happened. But then Bo concentrated and out of his fingers shot the claws. He pulled back in his mind and they went away. He concentrated once more and they popped out.

With that Bo turned back into the wolf and leaped out of the bushes to follow everyone to Helm's Deep.

tangentman 06-28-2007 04:43 PM

OOC: Okay, okay...there's just a point when we've gotta declare "CEASE FIRE" on the God-moding.

Chris Lang 06-28-2007 04:46 PM

OOC: Okay, okay...there's just a point when we've gotta declare "CEASE FIRE" on the God-moding.
    OOC: Agreed. The Havik-Bo fight kind of got ridiculous after a while.

I'm assuming that's what you're talking about, anyway.

tangentman 06-28-2007 05:06 PM

OOC: I intentionally didn't call names, but, yeah. It's not like players haven't killed other players in past games, but they're always allowed to bounce back if it's not a Traitor/Vigilante kill.

IC: Despite the grimness of their circumstance, Tara grinned at Peter's assault. There seemed to be something inherently innocent about his methods. Even though she was barely 21, Tara knew few people who could claim such purity of spirit.

When the moment passed, she looked over at May. "What's next?" Her hand reflexively passed over the leather pouch. Eight Runestones still sat unused. "If you need them, I'll use more Runestones..."

Froggy 06-28-2007 05:11 PM

"Runestones? LIke a.....power source almost? Could I....perhaps try one? megaman asked Tara

Chris Lang 06-28-2007 05:14 PM

OOC: I intentionally didn't call names, but, yeah. It's not like players haven't killed other players in past games, but they're always allowed to bounce back if it's not a Traitor/Vigilante kill.

IC: Despite the grimness of their circumstance, Tara grinned at Peter's assault. There seemed to be something inherently innocent about his methods. Even though she was barely 21, Tara knew few people who could claim such purity of spirit.

When the moment passed, she looked over at May. "What's next?" Her hand reflexively passed over the leather pouch. Eight Runestones still sat unused. "If you need them, I'll use more Runestones..."
    "Well, Kitty and I need to break into Isengard. Dani says at least two people who could help us in this fight are being held captive there. They've only been kept alive this long because Saruman thought they might be useful." Mayday replied. "Kitty can phase me in. It's getting out of Saruman's fortress that's going to be hard for us. Do you think one of those Runestones could help?"

tangentman 06-28-2007 05:15 PM

Tara solemnly shook her head. "I'm sorry, but I can't. Odin told me that I can only use each Rune once. That means I've gotta be very careful about choosing when to use them." Then, a thought occurred to Tara. "Unless you mean...are you...running out of power?" Her eyes showed concern for Megaman's wellbeing.

Mayday raised another point worth considering. "I bet one could clear the way for you all if you need a getaway."